Dick's Sporting Goods

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.1

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plantation, FL (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in November 2013.

got a call about two days after i submit an application. went in to speak to the front end manager then store manager got basic questions about sports knowledge and if i was an athlete.

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashua, NH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in July 2014.

I had applied online and was called the next day to set up an interview time. I went in the next week for an interview and ended up being asked to come in for another interview later in the week. At that point I was offered a job and told when to come for an orientation day.

At the first interview he asked questions and then had me do an "Integrity Test". The test gave you statements and you answer "Strongly Agree"/"Strongly Disagree". The statements were largely about stealing, marijuana use and work ethic. He told me I had passed immediately after I finished.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever motivated someone? (At work or in personal life)   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a leader position?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    • What is a cashier's most important job?   View Answer
    There really wasn't any negotiation. He said we're offering this much an hour, you'll probably get this many hours, and then moved right on to talking about the next thing.
    It may have been because I listed my desired starting pay on the resume anyway.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

It's pretty simple you apply online, have two interviews, and starry working. You have the first interview with the first person and it's about yourself, random questions, etc. the second interview they tell you about your pay which by the way you can somewhat negotiate, they ask you sports questions like what's your favorite and why, and then they let you know of your hired.

Interview Questions
    Just make it reasonable I honestly regret no going slightly higher because I could've done better but I was too scared to negotiate!

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

I applied online and received an email to set up an appointment for an interview within the next few weeks. The interview was fairly easy and comfortable but they do kind of judge based on whether or not you look at athletic.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in April 2014.

I applied online for Apparel Sales Associate. They called the next day for an interview. When I got there they made me do a computer assessment. Then the interview... They asked me what sports I've played. I told him that I haven't really participated in sports, that I was just a fan. They asked random questions, that may or may not have been job related. But, the questions mostly had to do with sports. Which was expected, but for the position I applied for it seemed a little excessive. They said they were looking for someone to work cash register, for which I had no experience. He then told me he had other interviews and that he couldn't tell me if I had the job or not. That it depended on the qualifications of the other interviewees. I received a generic email a few days later,

"Thank you for your interest in possible employment with D. Sporting Goods. It was a pleasure talking with you and discussing opportunities with our company.

At this time, we are considering other candidates whose backgrounds and skills more closely match our needs. We will, however, retain your information. If an opportunity presents itself in the future,
    we may contact you at that time. Once again, thank you for your interest in D. Sporting Goods.

Sincerely,

D. Sporting Goods"

Cashier Interview

Applied online, they called me a few weeks later asking if i had time for an interview. Went in the next week and the interview was very casual asking basic retail questions and experience. Was hired that day

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minnetonka, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in November 2013.

Initially, they called me and left a message. I called back, and scheduled an interview for later in the week. Arrived 10 minutes early, and was taken to a meeting room with the front end/loss prevention manager. He asked three questions off the first sheet of questions, and skipped the second sheet and asked several on the third sheet. I have lots of retail experience, so the questions were mostly easy. Interview lasted 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • First question was about a difficult customer and what I did to resolve their issue. I chose a situation I had involving a customer in conflict with a previous employer's policy, and explained what I did to explain the policy and resolve the situation.   Answer Question
    What you put on the application is likely what you'll get as pay, as long as it's reasonable for your experience. I got $.25 more than what I asked for. Biggest negotiation is availability.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in November 2012.

Very quick, they needed to hire quickly. Do not know if that did a background check, but I would assume so. Asked if you played sports and which all you now play or did play.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to help a customer choose between two products.   Answer Question
    No negotiation except for hours,they are very nice about making sure you can work your scheduled hours,

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in May 2013.

First interview was fairly easy and straightforward - they ask you why you want to work there, definitely talk about passion. Be prepared to actually talk about sports/equipment because they do want you trying to sell/push products so seem as passionate as possible. A few generic questions about customer service and handling difficulties in the work place. "Personality" survey pretty much about punctuality, drug (marijuana) use, integrity. Just use common sense. I had a second interview with the general manager which was also pretty laid back and simple. He wanted to talk about "me" and me in the position I was applying for. As long as you seem upstanding and into sports you should be golden.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about a product I ever recommended to another person related to my sports interests (hockey & running) so just think of a simple answer about why you suggested that product to a teammate.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, I think I made 8/hr

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in April 2010.

applied online and interviewed in person on location of the store. The interview focused its attention on the comfort-ability of being able to sign people up for loyalty cards.

Interview Questions
    • was asked about some sports related questions and even some current event questions about sports and their current players   Answer Question

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!