Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr, 2015

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

3 levels of interviews - first with HR on phone, then direct manager, then Director.
    HR was more standard questions, manager asked more to the point questions, director just wanted to chat.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Deutsche Bank (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Met with the hiring manager at their branch in SF as well as a few other people on their team, it was a little bit unstructured but also casual than other banks and they were very nice.

Interview Questions

• What was a class you took in college that stuck out to you the most?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

DB Pune is trying to build an inventory I guess. They do not have any plans on ground to hire people. They are simply asking you to appear for interviews and confirm about your selection, only to wake up a month later for the next process, which is again an interview.
    Simply because people do not want to spoil their relationship with any company, they are able to get away with such an immateurish behavior.
    I am also not too sure if the HR person calling on behalf of DB is a permanent DB employee or not, so it has become very very difficult for people in Pune to trust DB HRs. I understand they cannot reveal everything to you, but there is a degree of transparency expected out of HRs, when they expect 200% of clarity on everything from us.
    Total Time waste, appear only if you do not have anything else to do in life.

Interview Questions

• General Support Lead Questions for a 12 year experienced guy. IB Questions. Trade Lifecycle.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Fist a phone interview with an HR department followed by two interviews with 3 managers. They were friendly and were mostly interested in my CV after which they got into technical questions about the financial markets and also a couple of question about proficiency in Excel.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why in your opinion Deutsche Bank did so well during the financial crisis?   Answer Question

Voice Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Many interviews with different people in many different places in the world. Got interviewed in 5 different sessions, most done over the phone. Spoke of past experiences working in technologies.

Interview Questions

• Mostly talked on core competencies question and technician experience.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Tallahassee, FL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through FSU's job website, and also spoke with the recruiter at the job fair. I was invited to one on campus interview within a few weeks. I was interviewed by 2 recruiters.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral. Nothing that applies specifically to a job. "Tell me about a time when..."   1 Answer

Associate, Inhouse Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Face to face interview
    The interview run very fast with a breif introdution from the interviewers talking about their projects and experience.
    The rest is competency-based questions, ask about teamwork, challenges, why bank, why this role, mostly related to personal quality.
    I didn't realise the time is actually very short, and soon went to the wrap up.

Interview Questions

• What's your opinion on corporate banking?   1 Answer

Train to Hire Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a quick 20-25 minutes long interview with 2 non HR representatives. Got there 10 minutes early, the HR rep I met at the school career fair showed me in, waited about 10 minutes and then went into interview room. There were 4 interview rooms interviewing every 20-25 minutes so seemed like a recruiting day for them.

Interview Questions

• Why Deutsche Bank? A lot of behavioral questions, tell me a time when....   Answer Question

Train to Hire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Interview with 2 individuals who ask you basic questions about yourself. Informed me about the process and what the program was. Nothing asked about finance or related to finance. Asked a little about Deutsche Bank and if I have ever heard of it. What sparked my interest to apply for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you stepped outside your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Had a first round over the phone then was flown to NY for a super day. Almost entirely behavioural/resume based. Had a few very basic technicals (DCF, WACC, CAPM), but the focus was on fit. I was surprised by how much the challenged me on my resume, which was a good opportunity to explain what I had done. I learned after the interview that the 2 most important questions were "Why I-Banking" and "Why DB"