Deutsche Bank

Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated 24 Feb, 2015
Updated 24 Feb, 2015

Fund Accountant Interview

3 levels of interviews - first with HR on phone, then direct manager, then Director.
    HR was more standard questions, manager asked more to the point questions, director just wanted to chat.

Technology and Operations Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

The interview process was not a big deal, I interviewed through my school. They asked typical questions, mostly about my resume and the position that I had been applying for. Most of the interview was checking if the information on my resume was accurate. I thought that they were very nice.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Was largely fit. Asked some accounting questions like what is a deffered tax asset and how would you value a company if no projected cash flows? Told me to prepare for a dinner that night and that he would be seeing me soon, but got rejected same day.

Interview Questions
    • What is something not on your resume?
      Tell me about a time you failed.

Answer Question

Train to Hire Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Received an opportunity to interview for the Train to hire program in jacksonville through the university career fair. The interview process was pretty standard....around 30-45 minutes of questioning with someone from an and a supply chain manager. Asked all behavioral questions for the first 30 minutes followed by any questions I had about the firm / position.

Sales & Trading Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Apply via their webpage, then if selected you get asked what days you are available. You are then assigned a day and a time.

Once you are assigned a day and a time, you have to call their travel agent and book a train (if you are studying undergrad in the east coast ie Ivies) or plane (if you are farther than that).

You then are paired with 2 interviewers for a Behavioural interview.

Come prepared and have good questions. And I mean GOOD questions. They probably know a lot more than you expect, so use this to your advantage.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself, then asked me to elaborate my activities in more detail   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Submitted online application including cover letter and motivation questions, then was invited to a first round interview at their office with two VP level employees.

The interview seemed quite on the spot, asking questions about my CV and background, then more technical questions which surprised me. They also asked situational questions and questions that would test if you think the right way about risk and decision making.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how Scotland gaining independence might increase Gilt bond yields or decrease bond yields.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Initial communications began in the Fall. After completing the online application, I was contacted about a week later to notify me that I was selected for a two-on-one first round interview.

Coming from a non-target school, I arrived and interviewed with all the other non-target candidates on the same day.

The interview itself was pretty straight forward. Your basic fit questions as well as some basic knowledge questions on financial markets. Overall I would say it was not a particularly difficult interview, as it seemed to be only fit based.

The hardest parts were definitely the follow-up questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions asked in a overall pretty benign interview were the "Why should we hire you?" and "What do you think about the markets."   Answer Question

SummerTechnology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2015.

30 min. many competency questions, 2 technical questions. I was 20 minutes late. There were 2 interviewers. They are both from tech division. I talked about the projects I did. They didn't ask for many more details. Too many questions about leaderships, failure,weakness, how to deal with conflicts... I got a reject letter the day after the interview.

Summer Analyst, Sales and Trading Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2015.

Had a 2 on 1 on campus interview. Asked me basic questions- why s&t, why DB, tell us about one time you failed, etc. Inquired about activities and time commitments listed on my resume. Interviewers were fairly cold, probed my answers pretty thoroughly and did not seem moved by my reasoning. At the end they asked me to describe the current markets and then let me ask them a few questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why banking, why DB, why would you be good at it, what are good traits for someone in sales and trading?   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in February 2015.

2 rounds interviews at the NYC office; first round 30 minuets interview with associates (mostly behavioral with two technical questions.) second round with VPs for 2 hours, and would be notified with an internship offer or not by the end of the second round.