Deutsche Bank

Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated 12 Dec, 2014
Updated 12 Dec, 2014

Fund Accountant Interview

3 levels of interviews - first with HR on phone, then direct manager, then Director.
    HR was more standard questions, manager asked more to the point questions, director just wanted to chat.

Group Technology & Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Submitted resume through school career website. Got a phone call about a week later for an onsite interview at DB's headquarter. The interview took about 30 minutes. Basically just went over the resume in details and lots of behavioral questions. There might be some technical questions if you have a tech background.

Interview Questions
    • What are the current challenges the financial market is facing right now?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Went to two interviews. The first was more technical questions and questions about prior experiences on my resume- There were a few problem solving questions as well. The second interview was more about my experience in work related situations: lots of questions like, "Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a superior" or "Tell me about a time when you worked with a team and someone did not fully participate."

Interview Questions
    • You have two jugs- a five gallon jug and a three gallon jug. You have an endless supply of water and nothing else. Without using any type of estimation, how would you get exactly four gallons in the jugs.   View Answer

Graduate Interview

Initial interview with HR, then interviews with hiring managers. Competency assessments for numerical and methodical reasoning. Questions based around awareness of banking industry, technology, and experience of university project work.

Interview Questions
    • When have you employed an innovative approach to solving a problem?   Answer Question
    None

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2014.

Submitted application via University Job Posting. 1st rounds are two 30 minute interviews that were purely technical. Some questions seemed as though they were a test of how you did under pressure, as opposed to actual finance knowledge, but it doesn't hurt to actually know all of the answers.

Called back for superday in office. 5 interviews, 20 minutes each. Everyone was extremely friendly and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know you personally. Easily the most enjoyable superday process I had gone through. First round was much more technical than the superday.

Interview Questions
    • -Walk me through an LBO
      -How would you approximate the IRR of an LBO without a calculator?

Answer Question
    No negotiation, all interns are paid the same

Senior Analyst (Ops) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Got a phone call from the UK and then an invitation to a face-to-face interview.The interview went smooth, I was nervous but they made me feel comfortable. I got a feedback the day after. The background screen lasted forever. On the first day they told me I would get a different job from the one I have applied for.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, they are not ready to provide a high salary

Technology Analyst Interview

The first stage was the usual stuff. Application form, CV and cover letter. Then there was an online numerical test which was not very difficult. If you were successful, you got invited to the interview in their office. The two interviewers were very nice and they asked no technical questions at all. They were all competency questions. Finally they asked for you question.

Research Analyst, Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2014.

I applied online and after what seemed quite a while, got an email from the recruiting team asking if I was interested for the position.
    After I replied with a yes, I got a phone call the following day where they talked about the position and what they were looking for and asked me to talk about myself. Very basic phone call.
    Next, they invited me for the super day while on call and sent me an email with the formalities and information. The interview was for 1.5 hours with 30 mins of back-to-back interviewing with the people from the team. This was scheduled for one week after the phone call.

The interview was in NY at their Wall St office. My time slot had two other students with me who'd flown in from different cities.
    The first interview was casual. I was asked to talk about myself and stuff listed on the resume. There were a few behavioral questions. And that's about it. In short, there was nothing that stood out. Very general.
    The second interview was again related to my resume. Nothing behavioral. I was asked questions about my views on the market and my courses in school.
    The third interview was again market and project related. I was asked questions about my project in much detail though, not just the overview.

The interviewers were friendly sure, but they seemed distracted. I would've said that it was maybe my fault, and it surely could've been, but the way they started talking from the go itself felt as if they were doing it for formality sake, I guess. It wasn't a bad experience, but it wasn't what I expected it to be either.
    Also, I read a lot of interview reviews for DB here, but this wasn't like them. These interviewers weren't there for the behavioral skills and confidence. They wanted someone who was really good with markets, and more.

Interview Questions
    • What are your views on the market at the moment?   Answer Question
    • What are your views on the oil prices?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a difference of opinion between you and your teammate   Answer Question
    • Tell me something, anything, that you would like to change about yourself   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Pretty intimidating setup, as all the candidates waited in a lobby and got taken one by one to interview rooms. 2 vs 1 interviews, mostly fit questions and talking about resume/why banking

Interview Questions
    • Comment on a certain stock/company, how they have been doing recently, and their stock price   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

It was very friendly I got invited by the HR Person for a phone interview and really enjoyed the experience. I had a great conversation with my interviewers it was really kind and professional and had a good time talking.