Deutsche Bank

Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated 18 Nov, 2014
Updated 18 Nov, 2014

Fund Accountant Interview

3 levels of interviews - first with HR on phone, then direct manager, then Director.
    HR was more standard questions, manager asked more to the point questions, director just wanted to chat.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

TTH scheme, the overall organisation of the interviews was very good, reasonable competency based questions and a very kind interviewer which made the process better. Also employees are very welcoming and help relax the nerves once the process gets started.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

The company visited the university campus for selection.Initial Shortlisting was made on the basis of CV, then there were 3-4 rounds of Personal Interview.One technical, one HR and another one was to test your communicational skills.Will ask you speak on anything and everything.

Interview Questions
    • questions on Laplace and Fourier transform and recursive algorithms.   Answer Question

GTO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

3 interviews total.
    First round (30 min) with two HR interviewers. They called that evening with their decision to invite applicants back to the final round or to send them home.
    The final round was two 30 min interviews, each with two interviewers. This took place on a Friday and I had a call with an offer that night.
    Overall experience: It was really fun. I enjoyed my conversations with all my interviewers and had a good time meeting and helping the other applicants with their questions.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume.
      What was your most difficult technical problem?
      What was your biggest problem leading x? How did you communicate that?
      How do you analyze data? What is your experience? What is your approach?
      What is the climate of the market? What recent news do you know about DB?
      Technical questions: Linux, hash maps, scope, java questions, etc. They also had some hypothetical algorithm questions but there was no live coding.
        Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

I applied to DB through my university's career website. I had never spoken with a recruiter or employee of DB beforehand but was offered an interview. The first round interview consisted of standard behavioral questions (name a time you had to lead a group) technical questions relevant to the job (what are the 3 types of joins - didn't know that one) and brain teasers.

Called back within the week, the second round was effectively the same thing with a slightly heavier technical component. I was asked to write an SQL query but nothing more. More brain-teasers in this one as well. Both of these interviews were with two managers each. Took 3 weeks to recieve a callback from that. (Note, this location was growing and was in all-hand-on-deck hiring mode)

Interview Questions
    • Name the 3 types of SQL joins and the differences between them.   View Answer
    Did not attempt negotiation as an intern - good offer the first time.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Applied online through the web portal. Two rounds of interviews. Both rounds were face to face interviews. In addition, the second round has an assessment center. At the end, offers were made out. The internship involves two rotations of 5 weeks each across Singapore and Hong Kong. Also interns rotate across different products within Sales and Trading - Research, Structuring, Sales, Trading, GCM. Also across asset classes - Equities, Fixed Income, FX, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mainly centered around the markets, current economic situation globally, GFC, personal abilities / skill set, and some lateral thinking questions.   Answer Question

Regional Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

I went to first interview, questions are quite open and flexible, revolve around your CV, markets updates and competency questions. It was 2:1 interview. I got through to the second interview, which will happen this wednesday. To be honest I was to nervous to remember the exact questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think are the factors driving the markets.   Answer Question

Java School/Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

I found out about this annual process of hiring new stuff from recent graduates on an IT forum.
    After completing a questionnaire online after about a week I got a call from them.

I was asked to elaborate about qualifications that I submitted earlier, describe my working experience and my current state of knowledge. I was told that I am going to the next round of interviews - the test in their office.

It was scheduled for two groups at a time in one day - 20 people total (there were more test days for a large number of other applicants before), in test there were 5 - 8 programming tasks, the answer should be a code in Java. Tasks were not too difficult to me, though as it turned out I didn't solve them all perfectly.

After test there was a break for couple of hours, their staff checked all test results and chose 6 people from 20 to go to spoken interview on the same day. There were more questions about algorithms and possible code optimisations as well as some logical and basic math problems.

On a down side too little time was spend on discussing possible projects and my expectations and demands from job - it was probably assumed that I would want to work there no matter what.

I didn't got the offer.
    In the end it was interesting, but really tiring and I was disappointed because I didn't got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the peculiarity of binary shift to the left in C and Java, and why is it there.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

There are 2 rounds of 2-to-1 interviews. One with analyst and associate. Another with higher managers/directors. I did not get into the second round. Everything was done withing 2 weeks. Since it was the first round, I expected to be interviewed by HR personnel and asked usual behavioural questions. However, only technical questions were asked so I was not prepared. It was very obvious that one of the interviewers were very disinterested in my answers.

Interview Questions
    • All technical questions. Nothing particularly difficult. How to calculate Free Cash Flow, How to account for Non Controlling Interest in the Income Statement. Would EV/EBITDA of a company increase or decrease over the year.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Applied the graduate position. First round onsite interview with two interviewers from different teams in tech division. The office looks very nice. Many interview questions are about project experience and behavioural questions. Overall not very technical but you need to have passion on the position you applied for and always be updated of the latest breakouts.