Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Delphi
- Intern (10)
- Software Engineer (6)
- Engineering (4)
- Engineer (3)
- Systems Engineer (2)
- Senior Software Engineer (2)
- Embedded Software Engineer (2)
- Financial Analyst (2)
- SAP Analyst (1)
- Customer Service (1)
- Graduate Systems Engineer (1)
- Trainee Engineer (1)
- Automation Engineer (1)
- Graduate Intern (1)
- Senior Engineer (1)
- Software Engineer Trainee (1)
- Advanced Software Engineer (1)
- Inventory Control Lead (1)
- Finance Manager (1)
- Sales/Marketing (1)
- Software Development Engineer (1)
- Staffing (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Human Resources Coordinator (1)
- Electrical Design Engineer (1)
- Electrical Engineer Intern (1)
- Engineering Intern (1)
- Engineering Manager (1)
- Commodity Buyer (1)
- Validation Engineer (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Delphi in August 2009.
General aptitude, then three technical interviews and one final HR interview.
- Should be perfect on electronics and embedded C. Answer Question
I joined as trainee.
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Delphi (Cleveland, OH (US)).
It was an on-campus interview. Nothing specials on the questions. Some questions about personality, teamwork ability, leadership, and the ability to take on multi-tasks. Asked about leadership styles, why company.
- leadership styles Answer Question
Went to a campus recruitment event and had a scheduled phone interview with the recruiter. We went over my resume and asked me couple questions. It was a straightforward interview.
- Tell me a time when you had to work with someone who was a different nationality or cultural values. Answer Question
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Delphi (Lockport, NY (US)) in November 2014.
Got an interview from UB TCIE.intructed to bring embedded C code . Called the corporate manager after arriving. Asked mainly technical questions. What language do I know etc
- What is a thermistor 1 Answer
Applied through university, invited to on campus interview with 2 managers. Took half an hour. Second round interview is a week later and is on-site. Nothing unexpected. Behavioral questions and one technical question
- one simple technical question Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a week – interviewed at Delphi in October 2014.
Dropped my resume off at my school's career fair. A couple of weeks afterward I was contacted to set up a phone interview. The interview was conducted by one of their HR representatives and was very relaxed. He asked me to walk him through my resume and describe my thought process/actions in varying scenarios. All in all it was a very behaviorally based interview. The interviewer liked my enthusiasm and sense of humor, and a few weeks after that I was extended an offer.
My suggestion, be personable and talk while smiling.
- Describe a time when you were in a dysfunctional group and how you handled the situation. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Just didn't seem like my best option.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Delphi (Lockport, NY (US)) in October 2014.
I applied through the university and online. They contacted me and asked for an on campus interview the next day, I said it wouldn't work so we did a phone interview. It was a little over 30 minutes, purely personality oriented. Talked about the resume and some personal stuff, really nothing too difficult. They contacted me over a month later saying I was one of three still being considered and then the offer two weeks after that.
- I am a senior and have only had one internship, they asked why. 1 Answer
My interview was professional and left me with a strong indication of how the company ran and what it would be like working there. As a result, I accepted the offer for the sales and marketing internship for the summer.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Delphi.
I have been called for an Delphi's recruitment day after applying for a position as Graduate Systems Engineer online. Once there we performed several tests, such as mechanical, maths and language, and we were interviewed. Everything run very well in a relaxed environment, being everyone nice. We had a visit around the factory where we could see the type of equipment and processes are used.
- I didn't find any question difficult, being related essentially with my previous academic and work experiences. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks – interviewed at Delphi (West Lafayette, IN (US)) in July 2014.
I was called for a phone interview and we went over my resume. They were going to bring me on site for an interview, but then decided to only hire internally. After a week or so, they decided to look for an outside hire and brought me on site for an interview. I interviewed with the VE manager and talked to others that worked for him. They were all very nice and the interview went well. However, they had a hiring freeze shortly after, so now I'm looking for another job.
- not really anything too difficult, probably just the greatest weakness question. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review