Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON).

Interview

1) HR screening - expected salary, past experience, why Deloitte? (15 minutes)
2) Manager - Case Study, Past Experience (1 Hour)
3) Sr. Manager - Past Experience, Behavior (1 Hour)
4) Partner 1 - Fit Interview (30 minutes)
5) Partner 2 - Fit Interview (30 minutes)

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte?
    Tell me about a time when you are hired to fix a project problem,

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON) in November 2014.

Interview

Mine was through an internal referral. The TS&A Deloitte recruitment drive was in motion.
    I was invited to interview 3 weeks after submitting my application. However the interview process (Behavioural, Case and partner round) took less than a week. Overall, a very pleasant experience and competitive compensation.

Interview Questions

• What steps did you take in the development of your team members?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I was happy with the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Engagement with HR on the phone --> (Not so) Technical Interview with Manager --> Interview with Sr. Manager --> Interview/call with Partner --> Receive Offer --> Reference checks.
    It's pretty much standard stuff for most large organizations for an experienced position.

Interview Questions

• They were not hard, as long as you really know your stuff.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Calls and Emails with Partner.
    Any changes/requests require days of waiting to get a response. And I was not successful at getting anything more.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON) in September 2012.

Interview

First round - on campus: half behavioral and half case-interview. Behavioral was very standard: why Deloitte, why consulting, walk-through resume, strengths & weaknesses, challenges encountered when working in a team, solving a conflict, etc. Case interviews are mostly interviewer-led.

Interview Questions

• 2 cases - both about cost-cutting and math focused. No time for setting a framework since the time limit is about 15 mins. Have to give an estimation of the actual figure of cost saved.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Vancouver, BC) in October 2011.

Interview

Normal management consulting interview process. Initial CV screening, first round interviews usually 1 behavioral and 1 case with a manager or senior manager. Second rounds can be two behavioral interviews or one case one behavioral with a senior manager or partner.

Negotiation

No room to negotiate. national pay band is pretty set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON) in December 2010.

Interview

Moderately easy when they are growing and need resources instantly. Process moves quickly except for the last phase where the hiring/salary decision is made by a partner as he builds a business case. Answer Yes to everything that Talent Services Rep asks you. Yes to all tools, applications, skills. If they ask for an example, play them a story which they're not qualified to understand/gauge.

Interview Questions

• 1. What methodology/frameworks have you used for Requirements Gathering?
      2. What are the typical challenges you faced?
      3. Give me an example of a past project utilizing XYZ domain expertise / technology experience / framework application / project management skills?
      4. How do you motivate people?
      5. What would be your approach on project involving - (insert situation here)

Answer Question

Negotiation

Tough... they don't negotiate at all. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte (Kingston, ON) in October 2010.

Interview

There were 2 rounds - behavioral and a case interview. The behavioral was 1 hour and went all over the place with regards to experiences. Seemed to be a checklist that they went through to make sure you had all the experiences that they were looking for.
    The case interview was quite straightforward with no business analysis and is similar to the sample cases they have on their website.
    Focusing on the people - process - technology angle is all thats needed to do the case.
    There is some number crunching needed but not too much and no pressure from the interviewer either

Interview Questions

• Time when you had to work with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2010.

Interview

There were 5 interviews in totals. All phone interviews. That's because so was in Asia.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a valuable contributor to the company and can you quantify it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON) in January 2010.

Interview

was asked to come in for a interview with the staff via my school. Great people, good atmosphere. questions were very general but the case questions were difficult and had multiple layers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a ethical problem you have dealt with in your previous roles   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON) in October 2009.

Interview

Applied through school career center. Had two separate interviews with 2 different senior consults in the HR consulting practice. Each interviewer asked why I wanted to do human capital consulting and why my background is conducive to human capital consulting. I was then given a different case by each consultant and then asked 3 basic behavioural type interview questions

Interview Questions

• Why is your background condusive to Human Capital consulting   Answer Question