Deloitte

Updated 17 Sep, 2014
Updated 17 Sep, 2014

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

- phone interview with HR (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
- phone interview with hiring manager (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
- face-face interview with hiring manager for fit (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
- face-face interview with colleagues (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
- face-face meeting with dept lead (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)

Interview Questions
not a lot of room to negotiate - was at the top of the pay scale

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Very simple, met many people, discussion format, and open to all kinds of questions and comments. The HR people were very helpful and patient. The interviewers were smart, talented, and had plenty of guidance. They also were very truthful and spoke about the challenges of changing jobs and the duties and responsibilities that may be hard for me as a manager.

Yes. I was able to negotiate my salary, and also get a one-time signing bonus. Be confident in your abilities and experience. And make to ask for what you want - you may actually get it.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

5 interviews in total: recruiter, two managers (together), two sr. managers (separately) and director.

Interview Questions
    • How have you built relationships with c-level stakeholders?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Three Rounds of Interviews:
    1) With the Recruiter/Talent/HR: usual generalist and behavioural questions
    2) Hiring Manager/Senior Manager/Partner: will look at the details of the experience plus some behavioural aspects (e.g. what will you do if you do not agree with a Partner)
    3) Partner (usually the head of the group): will see if you are a good fit

Interview Questions
    • How will you communicate your disagreement with the Management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2009.

Behaviour and experiace interviews. No case due to prior experiance in the field

Interview Questions
    • Case situations and solution methodology questions based on client situations   Answer Question
    Tough. Did not significantly change offer from the original

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2009.

There are 3 levels: HR, Senior Manager, and Partner interviews.
    HR rightly or wrongly are more an "in-the-box"; make sure you customize resume according to the published job descriptions. Interviews with these are quite standard: grades, non-curricular activities, willingness to work long hours.
    Senior Manager interviews (if you get to here) will talk more on the details of the job and usual projects. These are more technical in nature.
    Partner interviews are usually brief; just a look-see on how you would fit and what your career prospects are.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult but it deals with situational cases: communicating with clients, problem resolution, relating with Partners and Seniors.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Deloitte.

Nothing special. Get to know your background and what you're looking to find in Deloitte. Technical knowledge is not what they're focused on as long as you're already in the industry.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Standard phone screen then a Director,Partner, and Senior Manager. One case study which was easy and the rest were experience and behavioral question. Interviews were approximately 30-45 minutes a piece and based in their NYC downtown location. Case study was given by the partner. My partner was a change management partner. My director was a FSI industry hire. I was called back by the recruiter at lunch time to let me know all the feedback was positive and they would be moving forward with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to comment and advise on a recent merger involving a major airline.   View Answer
    Stubborn. They are not providing signing bonuses anymore. Also, salary was low ball and not willing to move. They took the stance that if you want to work with us you will take less which in my opinion does not set you up for the long haul. I think this is why Deloitte is having such a difficult time finding quality managers and senior managers.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Process spanned over 3 months. 2 calls from US and 2 face to face interviews locally in Hyderabad. 2 more meetings happened with people who were never part of the process I was being interviewed for and had no reason to interview me - they turned out to be "interested parties" later!

Interview Questions
    • Handling change management and a business that is in the middle of transformation   View Answer
    I was and I didn't do a good job of it. It helps to know someone in the company you're about to join or know the salary ranges in advance - else, you'll be offered peanuts and will be disappointed after joining only to find that others draw better salaries than you.

Manager Interview

Well planned incremental process, starting with the most junior interviewer and working up through to Director level. Combination of information and questions struck the right balance. Very professional environment yet combined the ability to have a business casual dress code - even at the interview stage I was free to remove my tie.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - the entire process was a dailog   Answer Question
    None allowed

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!