Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

194 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2011.

Interview Details Involves a first round of interview which has 2 pieces - one case interview and one behavioural.Then there is a wine and cheese event which is more like a social setting for interview. The final round is a 2 piece interview with a senior manager and partner.

Interview Question – What will you do here if we hire you ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of negotiation possible

Edmonton, AB

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied online. Got an email after a week informing me of first interview. Deloitte interviews vary a lot according to location. I interviewed in Edmonton office. It was a Technology Consulting position. First interview was behavioral with a Manager and a Senior Manager. No curve ball questions. All standard probing questions about integrity, ethical dilemmas, why deloitte, why this position, tell me how you took leadership role, tell me how you face adversity etc.

The real test is the case interview. Going through online case interviews on Deloitte, the format was clear. So prepare using the online resource. In this 45 min test, they will give you a 4 page readout about the case. You are left alone in a room for 30 mins with the printout about the case..form a very well quantitative case around the data. The case is simple enough, well grasped, but very low on statistics. So fill in the stats with your own estimation. Then after 30 mins, last 15 mins is for giving a presentation to Deloitte consultants on findings and then you will be grilled about your recommendations.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. All standard questions.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in March 2011.

Interview Details 4 Steps:
1. Basic HR
2. Manager - Technical
3. Sr.Manager - Fit
4. Partner - Overall

Interview Question – What would you do if the pre-existing software does not do what the customer wants it to do?   View Answer

Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2012.

Interview Details I interviewed with the Strategy and Operations group. First round was 2 interviewers at the Toronto office. Both rounds had 15 minutes of behavioural questions and a 30 minute case. Both of my interviewers were very friendly but my cases were not strong enough to get me through to the next round. My feedback was my math was not fast enough and I could have gone deeper with my insights with the case.

Interview Question – I had behavioural questions regarding an ethical situation and a confidentiality situation   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2009.

Interview Details Hired from campus recruitment process, and interview consisted of some behaviour type questions and some technical questions, i.e. problem solving.

Interview Question – what are your strengths? Give an example   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable.

CONSULTANT Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2009.

Interview Details The position was being recruited for through my business school. Underwent two 1:1 interviews with current consultants (one senior, one junior). Behavioral + case based questions. Behavioral consisted of questions such as 'tell me about a time when unexpected change disrupted a project and how you handled it.'

Interview Question – the case questions were difficult   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in May 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview is generally 20 minutes and pretty much involves the recruiter getting to know you. Once you go over basic details of your resume they will set up a call with one of the practitioners.

My second interview was with a Specialist Master in the Systems Integration practice. He probed me a bit on my resume just to see if I could speak to what I wrote. He also asked general questions to understand my technical acumen. They look for a couple of things in this conversation: whether to place you in the functional or technical bucket, and if you're good within that bucket. Not a hard interview at all

The 3rd interview consist of 3 interviews consisting of behavioral, case, and "general". My first was the case interview. They asked me how I would approach a new small-scale IT modernization project where we're just updating the legacy system. It was pretty straightforward and I just dropped some SDLC on them. Behavioral is just a typical behavioral interview...just be yourself. The "general" interview is just a chat with Principal, Partner, or Director about your work style and how you feel about certain things like work/life balance

Negotiation Details – I gave them a number...they pushed back a little but it was pretty much take it or leave it to me. Plus I had Booz Allen in the backpocket and they were already taking a lot of their employees.

It's usually good to have a Big 4 or Booz in the mix

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied for business analysis role in A&A -3 stages - first an informal conversation with HR. 2nd meant to be f2f with director but due to unavailability in london was conducted over phone. AC is exactly what is described on the forum. Most of my time went in chasing HR to get the dates. Process went in for 3 months due to Xmas in between

Interview Question – Nothing unusual   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too low and below my current level.

Consultant Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details Applied through the careers website. The HR was very prompt in getting back to me and setting up the interview process. The Interview phase was long. Had to go through 2 phone interviews and 3 in person interviews. The results of the interview process were also known in a timely manner

Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2011.

Interview Details Communication initially can take a long time. Once the process starts you'll know fairly quickly if you're going to continue the process. A few interviews and you'll be on your way to meeting the partner.

Interview Question – Really being able to handle subject matter questions that show you an deal with questions above your expected knowledge level while staying calm and being logical are key   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP Consultant interview questions and advice. All 194 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.