Deloitte

Updated Aug 26, 2014
Updated Aug 26, 2014
2,852 interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Deloitte.

Online Application, and email correspondence to set up an interview time. The interview was with two employees. The questions were fairly typical behavioral questions, with a heavy focus on the details of the resume.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Three Rounds of Interviews:
    1) With the Recruiter/Talent/HR: usual generalist and behavioural questions
    2) Hiring Manager/Senior Manager/Partner: will look at the details of the experience plus some behavioural aspects (e.g. what will you do if you do not agree with a Partner)
    3) Partner (usually the head of the group): will see if you are a good fit

Interview Questions
    • How will you communicate your disagreement with the Management?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

- phone interview with HR (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - phone interview with hiring manager (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face interview with hiring manager for fit (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face interview with colleagues (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face meeting with dept lead (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)

Interview Questions
    not a lot of room to negotiate - was at the top of the pay scale

IT Support (Summer Student) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

I applied online through official website. About 3 weeks later I received an email for an interview. The interview was conducted by a Manager and a Sr. Analyst. Most questions were scenario based. I was advised on the format of answers they were looking for. I think I did okay considering that my answers were thoughtful and realistic. I was advised to contact the HR a week later to find out if I was selected. I got a call from the HR with an offer. I obviously accepted considering the Firm's reputation and I was very happy to accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • One of the most difficult questions was "Describe a scenario where you had to convince someone 1-on-1 and how did you do it and what was the outcome"   Answer Question

Consultant, Managerial Design Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte.

Contacted by HR recruiter (Internal) on Linkedin. She conducted an HR interview with me by phone- basic questions, descriptions of my work experience, interests and eligibility to work in Canada. 2 weeks later I was contacted to schedule a behavioural interview, which was conducted by 2 managers. I was asked behavioural questions regarding my ability to cope with various situations and approach to consulting. I also asked lots of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about your approach to consulting (philosophically)   Answer Question

I was offered another interview (not a position) but felt that the company was a poor fit for me from a lifestyle perspective.

Consultant Interview

Straightforward. Experience , behavioural and and why you want to work there. Future co-workers interviewed me. It was not an issue. Very standard questions. Know examples from your experiences and why you want to work there.

Interview Questions
    Accepted what they offered even though it was way below industry standard.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Engagement with HR on the phone --> (Not so) Technical Interview with Manager --> Interview with Sr. Manager --> Interview/call with Partner --> Receive Offer --> Reference checks.
    It's pretty much standard stuff for most large organizations for an experienced position.

Interview Questions
    • They were not hard, as long as you really know your stuff.   View Answer
    Calls and Emails with Partner.
    Any changes/requests require days of waiting to get a response. And I was not successful at getting anything more.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Day 1 was 3 sets of interviews that occurred as follows: HR interview, two senior managers interview (together), one senior manager (1:1),

Day 2 was 3 separate activities: two partner interviews (separate), lunch.

Each day took about 4 hours each. Behavioral and technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a situation with multiple commitments that you could not deliver?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

ERS Consultant Interview

Only 1 interview (including a pre-interview dinner).

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you found you were not able to contribute in a team environment   Answer Question

ERS Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

3 rounds of interviews. First round with 2 senior security consultants, Second round with a senior security manager, and Third with a partner.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had to lead a team and how you motivated them.   View Answer

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!