Deloitte

Updated 20 Oct, 2014
3,029 Interview Reviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Overall process was positive. I attended the info session on campus, talked to lots of staff present, made sure to give them my business card. I then applied online. One week later, I got a call from the campus recruiter for a first round interview. It was two separate interviews - one behavioral and one case interview. The behavioral is very generic; tell me a time etc and the case is based on the interviewer specialization field. Make sure to practice cases specific to this field before going, it will give you a competitive advantage. They also provide you with data and a chart if you ask the right question within the case. My first round interview was very early in the week and I heard back within the end of the week. I was invited to a dinner with the other candidates and the managers. The dinner was a very good opportunity to really show your social skills. Mingle with EVERYONE! There are all the consulting practices, so make sure you don't talk to people from your practice only. The dinner was approx 3 hrs and after we had time to come in groups and ask job related questions to the managers present. The next morning was the final round interview with a partner and a director. It very casual, not set questions. They just want to get to know you and see if you fit within the company. Prepare some questions for them to ask at the end. My last round lasted only half hour instead of a full hour but it was really positive. It was on Tuesday Morning and I received a call from the director on Thursday morning to give me the good new. I just received my offer today(a week later) and I am writing this review because all the comments from glass-door really helped me through my process. I hope it helps and good luck!

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation but pretty decent base salary for a starter

BTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied online, received a call and email for an interview a month later. Interview was with two managers/team leads. The interview was heavily based on the resume. Mostly behavioural questions. For example: Have you ever been in a situation where someone told you to do something that was unethical at work or in school? What was your reaction and what did you do. Other questions were pretty general, such as why deloitte, why is technology important.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

After initial screening, received an email for first round interviews. First round consisted of an interview with two senior consultants that involved technical and behavioural questions. It's not a problem to say that you don't know some technical applications.
    Second round interview had a dinner the night before the interview. It was with partner's and senior managers and they specifically told you that they are judging you that night but informally.
    The next morning was an interview with a partner and senior manager, the partner challenged everything you said and tried to put you under pressure; just relax.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is Deloitte's next big thing in the next couple years?   Answer Question
    None

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Applied through campus recruitment, got a call for an interview one week later.

Two behavioural and two cases back to back (total of two hours) with two sets of analysts and middle managers. Behavioural was straight forward, case topics were M&A and threat of unionization.

Called a week after interview saying they weren't taking my application further. Interviewer gave lots of feedback in call and offered her contact info to help with coaching for other case interviews (she graduated from the university I'm going to so that helped as well)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were asked to do something unethical/were a part of something that was unethical. What did you do?   Answer Question

BTA Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Phone interview, a FIT interview to measure personality and merit, technical interview, The process was more in the basis of a conversation than a question and answer. I found this enjoyable and easy to handle instead of the regular stress which comes with this process.

This was a phase I was not comfortable with and thusly was grossly under paid

Analyst Interview

Two round process, about 1 hour each round. Both rounds include a technical and behavioral component. Case is usually very quantitative in nature, and interviewer provides a good amount of guidance. Overall great process

got a different one

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

“In the technical interview, there were a lot of tricky questions. Some of the questions that I didn't know the answer the interviewer said: "Really? Don't you know that?". After the interview I was like not sure of the decision. one question was like Give me a number what you expect for salary (at the first round of interviews)”

Interview Questions
    • One of the most difficult questions was "Describe a scenario where you had to convince someone 1-on-1 and how did you do it and what was the outcome"”   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

Online Application, and email correspondence to set up an interview time. The interview was with two employees. The questions were fairly typical behavioral questions, with a heavy focus on the details of the resume.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

- phone interview with HR (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - phone interview with hiring manager (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face interview with hiring manager for fit (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face interview with colleagues (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face meeting with dept lead (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)

Interview Questions
    not a lot of room to negotiate - was at the top of the pay scale

Consultant, Managerial Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte.

Contacted by HR recruiter (Internal) on Linkedin. She conducted an HR interview with me by phone- basic questions, descriptions of my work experience, interests and eligibility to work in Canada. 2 weeks later I was contacted to schedule a behavioural interview, which was conducted by 2 managers. I was asked behavioural questions regarding my ability to cope with various situations and approach to consulting. I also asked lots of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about your approach to consulting (philosophically)   Answer Question

I was offered another interview (not a position) but felt that the company was a poor fit for me from a lifestyle perspective.