Deloitte

Updated 14 Dec, 2014
3,214 Interview Reviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview process took a month. In person case+behavioural interview > senior manager interview > Partner interview.
    The case interview was about finding cost inefficiencies around technology, I personally found it very easy.
    The second interview was in their office with a senior manager. I believed it was a stress test, he pressed every answer that came out of my mouth. I just kept smiling, answered questions truthfully to the best of my abilities.
    The third interview was in their office with a partner that I would be working with. He was very nice and the interview was conversational. I think I came across very cocky.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me exactly what you did in the positions in your resume?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied on line through their career website. Then received a call after 2 days asking me why did you apply for this position. I was not prepared so I did not make it to the next round. The next one would be a case interview.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied online and was contacted within two business days for the first round fit interview. There were 3 rounds in total. The 2nd round included a case, written portion, case presentation, and quantitative problem. There were several partners who participated in the interview process and I found they focused heavily on vetting your personality I.e. Fit within the team and Deloitte work culture. They were very personable and open to questions. The fit Interviews were very conversational and quite enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you see yourself in Deloitte in five years, and what would you be working on?"   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate offer.

Corporate Finance, Summer Analyst Interview

Two interview process: initial process through HR department, which predominantly inquires about your resume following with one or two behavioural questions, the second interview is conducted with the corporate finance team asking technical finance questions and then about your background again. The hiring process took well over a month. Remain confident throughout the interview as it is was not particularly tricky or difficult if you prepare.

Interview Questions
    • Corporate valuation methods and their respective steps.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2014.

Mine was through an internal referral. The TS&A Deloitte recruitment drive was in motion.
    I was invited to interview 3 weeks after submitting my application. However the interview process (Behavioural, Case and partner round) took less than a week. Overall, a very pleasant experience and competitive compensation.

Interview Questions
    • What steps did you take in the development of your team members?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as I was happy with the offer

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I applied online. The process took 1 month. First phone interview and then email to set up a phone interview time. The interview was with a senior recruiter. The interview first went through the detail of the resume and behavior questions. There were some technical questions but nothing complicated, just make sure to review the job description and any questions that you can think of they might ask.

Interview Questions
    • Straightforward. I think I might have given a higher salary expectation that might have hurt my chances.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

hour case, hour behavioural, dinner and networking, final interview with partner. The behavioural and case were not too difficult compared to other case based interviews I had.The people interviewing were really encouraging and nice. The networking event was a bit more intense having all the other candidates around. The final partner interview was just a conversation.

offer was terrible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Overall process was positive. I attended the info session on campus, talked to lots of staff present, made sure to give them my business card. I then applied online. One week later, I got a call from the campus recruiter for a first round interview. It was two separate interviews - one behavioral and one case interview. The behavioral is very generic; tell me a time etc and the case is based on the interviewer specialization field. Make sure to practice cases specific to this field before going, it will give you a competitive advantage. They also provide you with data and a chart if you ask the right question within the case. My first round interview was very early in the week and I heard back within the end of the week. I was invited to a dinner with the other candidates and the managers. The dinner was a very good opportunity to really show your social skills. Mingle with EVERYONE! There are all the consulting practices, so make sure you don't talk to people from your practice only. The dinner was approx 3 hrs and after we had time to come in groups and ask job related questions to the managers present. The next morning was the final round interview with a partner and a director. It very casual, not set questions. They just want to get to know you and see if you fit within the company. Prepare some questions for them to ask at the end. My last round lasted only half hour instead of a full hour but it was really positive. It was on Tuesday Morning and I received a call from the director on Thursday morning to give me the good new. I just received my offer today(a week later) and I am writing this review because all the comments from glass-door really helped me through my process. I hope it helps and good luck!

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation but pretty decent base salary for a starter

BTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied online, received a call and email for an interview a month later. Interview was with two managers/team leads. The interview was heavily based on the resume. Mostly behavioural questions. For example: Have you ever been in a situation where someone told you to do something that was unethical at work or in school? What was your reaction and what did you do. Other questions were pretty general, such as why deloitte, why is technology important.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

After initial screening, received an email for first round interviews. First round consisted of an interview with two senior consultants that involved technical and behavioural questions. It's not a problem to say that you don't know some technical applications.
    Second round interview had a dinner the night before the interview. It was with partner's and senior managers and they specifically told you that they are judging you that night but informally.
    The next morning was an interview with a partner and senior manager, the partner challenged everything you said and tried to put you under pressure; just relax.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is Deloitte's next big thing in the next couple years?   Answer Question
    None