Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Interview Details Three Rounds of Interviews:
1) With the Recruiter/Talent/HR: usual generalist and behavioural questions
2) Hiring Manager/Senior Manager/Partner: will look at the details of the experience plus some behavioural aspects (e.g. what will you do if you do not agree with a Partner)
3) Partner (usually the head of the group): will see if you are a good fit

Interview Question – How will you communicate your disagreement with the Management?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details - phone interview with HR (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
- phone interview with hiring manager (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
- face-face interview with hiring manager for fit (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
- face-face interview with colleagues (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
- face-face meeting with dept lead (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not a lot of room to negotiate - was at the top of the pay scale

IT Support (Summer Student) Interview

IT Support (Summer Student)
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through official website. About 3 weeks later I received an email for an interview. The interview was conducted by a Manager and a Sr. Analyst. Most questions were scenario based. I was advised on the format of answers they were looking for. I think I did okay considering that my answers were thoughtful and realistic. I was advised to contact the HR a week later to find out if I was selected. I got a call from the HR with an offer. I obviously accepted considering the Firm's reputation and I was very happy to accept the offer.

Interview Question – One of the most difficult questions was "Describe a scenario where you had to convince someone 1-on-1 and how did you do it and what was the outcome"   Answer Question

Consultant, Managerial Design Interview

Consultant, Managerial Design
Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Contacted by HR recruiter (Internal) on Linkedin. She conducted an HR interview with me by phone- basic questions, descriptions of my work experience, interests and eligibility to work in Canada. 2 weeks later I was contacted to schedule a behavioural interview, which was conducted by 2 managers. I was asked behavioural questions regarding my ability to cope with various situations and approach to consulting. I also asked lots of questions.

Interview Question – Please tell me about your approach to consulting (philosophically)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was offered another interview (not a position) but felt that the company was a poor fit for me from a lifestyle perspective.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details Straightforward. Experience , behavioural and and why you want to work there. Future co-workers interviewed me. It was not an issue. Very standard questions. Know examples from your experiences and why you want to work there.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted what they offered even though it was way below industry standard.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Engagement with HR on the phone --> (Not so) Technical Interview with Manager --> Interview with Sr. Manager --> Interview/call with Partner --> Receive Offer --> Reference checks.
It's pretty much standard stuff for most large organizations for an experienced position.

Interview Question – They were not hard, as long as you really know your stuff.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Calls and Emails with Partner.
Any changes/requests require days of waiting to get a response. And I was not successful at getting anything more.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

ERS Senior Consultant
Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details Day 1 was 3 sets of interviews that occurred as follows: HR interview, two senior managers interview (together), one senior manager (1:1),

Day 2 was 3 separate activities: two partner interviews (separate), lunch.

Each day took about 4 hours each. Behavioral and technical questions were asked.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a situation with multiple commitments that you could not deliver?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

ERS Consultant Interview

ERS Consultant

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details Only 1 interview (including a pre-interview dinner).

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you found you were not able to contribute in a team environment   Answer Question

Resource Management Specialist Interview

Resource Management Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Very friendly and warm interviewers, answered all my questions well.

Interview Question – All were standard questions that I had expected.   Answer Question

ERS Security Consultant Interview

ERS Security Consultant
Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interviews. First round with 2 senior security consultants, Second round with a senior security manager, and Third with a partner.

Interview Question – Give me a time when you had to lead a team and how you motivated them.   View Answer

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!