Deloitte

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Interview Details Took place at one of their locations in downtown Toronto. Good variety of questions. Typically starts off with general questions related to your resume and experience to learn more about you and your past experiences. There's also a case question, a set of behavioural, and then some general questions like "Why Deloitte?" or "Why Human Capital?" Interviewers were nice and encouraging. You will go through two interviews in the first round following this format, one after another, usually with consultant-level people handling one round and slightly more senior people handling the other (e.g. managers). It may be different if you go to a school where they do on-campus interviews though. Takes about 2 hrs (1 for each interview)

If you make it to the second round, the following week you will be invited to a dinner and then a second round of two interviews (an hour each) with a partner and senior manager(s).

Interview Questions

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Consultant - Human Capital
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2012.

Interview Details I submitted my resume online. A recruiter contacted me and introduced me to a Sr. Manager. The Sr. Manager asked specific HC questions. The recruiter contacted me to invite me in for in-person interviews with 3 leaders.

Interview Question – The case study - role playing scenario. They put you in the shoes of a consultant and have you solve the problem to the best of your ability. "A company wants a new talent management system. How would you proceed?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for more money. They declined. I accepted anyways.

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details First contact was a group "get to know you" session with all other applicants and current consultants on campus. Next was an interview with 2 people and then second round was a two day process in SF

Interview Question – Case study. be ready for a stress interview   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details Multi-round interview process with networking events that seemed to determine whether or not you got taken on to the final round. The final round interview was a full weekend process where you had 3 one-on-one interviews and 1 group interview. The group interview seemed to tank a lot of people.

Interview Question – The group interview was really annoying -- if you got stuck with a difficult group you could end up being screwed.   Answer Question

Human Capital Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details The process was straight forward

Interview Question – There were not any.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Interview Details I had two interviews over the phone: a behavioral interview and case interview.
The behavioral interview was a walk in the park, the manager I spoke to repeatedly said that I would be a fantastic fit and was very easy to talk to.
The case interview was very different. It was not at all like a strategy case. It revolved around implementing a variety of human resource computer systems for a client. The manager who was giving the case hadn't read it beforehand and read it out very rapidly. He was clearly quite stressed for time (the interview started about 15 minutes late). My first question threw him for a loop: I asked what is the client's overall strategy and how does the HR department's strategy fit into this. The case apparently did not include any of this information- rather oddly, I think, as projects should be aligned with strategy.

Interview Question – The case question was rather odd- it involved a lot of HR specific buzzwords that pretty much required you to be familiar with implementing these systems, such as Talent management systems, succession planning, etc. I have a PhD, not an MBA, so I am unsure why they thought this would be a good case to give.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details I attended and information session and talked to Deloitte recruiters at a career fair. My first interview was very stressful- the interviewer kept asking me why I was looking to go into consulting when I wasn't a business major. He also asked me some technical questions which he didn't expect me to understand, although I did. Overall bad experience which made me question Deloitte as a company.

Interview Question – "What is a cash flow?"   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Had an HR consulting internship with Mercer the summer before
Submitted application for position, indicated office preference for SF, DC, then Chicago
1st rounds on campus in midwest with Partner (Peggy is awesome) w/ informal case interview
Contacted by recruiter to discuss service line fit (went with HRSD given my background)
Flown out to San Francisco for Blitz weekend (awesome, thank you Deloitte!)
Missed Friday night networking event because of late flight
Caught up with other interviewees (~20) on Saturday for all-day interviews
Interviews consisted of 3 behavioral/informal cases, panel Q&As, presentations, networking, and 1 group case presentation in front of three partners/sr. managers
Thought I did terrible and did not do well at the networking part
Received phone call 2 weeks later from Service Group leader (Barbara Adachi is awesome too!) with offer
Deloitte HC does a GREAT job with recruitment

Interview Question – Don't remember; it was all very informal in my memory   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard offer package: starting sal at 65k with 10k signing bonus (you would have to pay back the 10k signing bonus at a pro-rated rate if you left anytime in the first 2 years though)

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2011.

Interview Details Deloitte recruiter contacted me based on an alumni referral. Phone interview was about 30 minutes during which recruiter asked questions on resume, strengths and weaknesses and future career plans. A few days later recruiter said that I would get an invite to an in-person interview with a panel of senior consultants/managers. After weeks of waiting and following-up, an invitation for an interview arrived rather short-notice. During the in-person interview I met with two managers, each one for a 30 minute behavior-style interview. One of the interviewers asked the standard set of questions, such as: describe your actions when you were faced with a difficult situation, how do you work on a team, etc. The second interviewer ran out of questions after I had given an elaborate tmay, highlighting my skills and accomplishments. There appeared to be no coordination between both interviewers, which resulted in many redundant questions. Interviewers were professional but failed to create a welcoming atmosphere. Interviewers seem to conduct interviews back-to-back, which gives sort of an assembly line feeling. Administration of the entire process could be smoother.

Interview Questions

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details One of their recruiters found me on LinkedIn and contacted me about a possible position. About a week and a half later I had a quick phone interview with the recruiter. Then she had me fill out a Prescreen form of my background experiences. About a week later I was told to come in for an interview at their Arlington office. The interview itself was very laid back, I had three consultants come in and talk to me about my experiences, knowledge, and other easy topics, for an hour each. They told me that they would get back to me with an answer in one week. Two weeks later and many emails and phone calls to them, they emailed me back that I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Question – What was your biggest accomplishment of your Capstone experience?   View Answer

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!