Deloitte

Updated 23 Jan, 2015

2.7

109 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Contacted by the HR through email after a few month of online application. The email was very direct and to-the-point. I tells you exactly where and when the interview is and your alternative options (i.e. Skype).

First Interview: First interview was over Skype since I was interviewing out of province. I interviewed with two senior consultants for roughly 35 minutes. I truly enjoyed the process because the interviewers are very sincere about finding out more about my background. They were extremely friendly and tried very hard to make the conversation interesting and informative.

Roughly 3 days later I got an email saying I am scheduled for a second round of interview. Since I am interviewing out of province, Deloitte was willing to conduct the interview through Skype however they are not willing to pay for air fairs to meet in person (which I find quite odd since it's the last interview before the hiring decision and the company has more than sufficient funds to fly candidates in).

Second Interview: Second interview was also over Skype and was with a partner consultant. The interviewer gave me an option to either take 10 minutes and work out a brief introduction about myself or to just proceed with the interview traditionally. I chose to proceed since I figured that it allows him to ask me questions more specific to the job in itself. In hindsight, I probably should have taken the 10 minute to work out an introduction for myself. The reason I say this is that during the entire 50 minute interview, the interviewer seemed more interested in advertising himself rather than to get to know me. For example, he would as a question like "From your co-op experiences, what did you learn about yourself in terms of weaknesses, strength and areas-of-interests?" When I proceeded to answer first part, he would cut-in and start rambling about himself. Also, the interviewer kept on asking whether if I knew what the job was about even though I have already given him a correct answer (since he replied to my answer by saying "that's pretty much on-point as to what we do here"). At the end, I was told that I will be contacted within the next 3 days about the result.

After waiting for 5 days since there were holidays in-between, I still did not hear anything back. I emailed the HR first asking for an update but my email was never answered (even until now). So I searched all over the internet and was able to find the contact information of the person that interviewed me and emailed him. He replied saying that I did not get the job.

In summary, I was happy with the interviews in itself (even though the second interview could have used a better interviewer) but I was very disappointed with Deloitte's protocol. I know this happens with many companies but I think if the candidate spent time and effort to prepare for the interview, at least he/she deserves to be informed of the outcome, whatever it might be. Even an automated email would be sufficient, but to leave the candidates hanging reflects a lack of professionalism (which is ironic since Deloitte or any firm stresses so much on being professional).

Interview Questions
  • If you are given unlimited amount of money, what would you do?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

ERS Consultant Interview

Only 1 interview (including a pre-interview dinner).

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you found you were not able to contribute in a team environment   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

I applied online and got an email 1 week after saying I got a behavioral interview. Went pretty well and qualified to a second behavioral interview with a partner

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a conflict you had while working in a multicultural team   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

New Grad Position
    First Round: 30 mins with two Managers (1/2 Behavioural, 1/2 Technical)
    Final Round: 30 mins with Partner (Behavioural/Fit)
    Overall good experience and very accommodating for travel expenses. Make sure to prepare solid examples of your experience and be able to tie them to the position - they seemed to be impressed with relevant concrete examples.

Interview Questions
    • Standard Questions... "tell me about your experience with..."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

New Grad application

first round was 30 minutes behavioural interview with managers

second round was 45 minute behavioural interview with partner and manager

very standard questions

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers left the room for 10 minutes, had pen and paper, had to make a presentation describing why i should be hired   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

1 hour interview with HR on phone
    1 hour technical interview with a Senior Consultant on phone
    1 hour technical interview with a Senior Manager on phone
    2 hours onsite interview with three Senior Managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

Series of Interviews taking place over several days.
    Would spend 15-30 minutes with various managers from the office, sometimes 2 at a time. Would move around the building complex, sometimes at Starbucks, other times at the foodcourt, other times in the office, other times, in a conference room. Questions seemed to be very base level, didn't test for practical skills, I think they we're trying to get a cultural fit.

Interview Questions
    • What is your opinion on NERC CIP. (At the time, I was unaware of NERC CIP certifications)   View Answer
    None, take the offer or leave it.

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Pretty smooth and simple process. 1 hour orientation, 1 hour to talk to current consultants, and 2 30 minute interviews back to back with a PPD. No hard questions, almost purely conversational.

Not completed yet.

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

I applied for São Paulo, Brazil and the process was pretty standart, as it is in Brazil. Here, we have a website called vagas.com.br that reunites a lot of companies with positions so I saw the opportunity there, apllied on this website and on their website. After that I was called for an online game to see if I had the consultant profile. After the game, I went to their trainning center in São Paulo to do portuguese, logic and english testsand then I was called in for the group dinamic. The group dinamic was pretty tough! There was a senior consultant and a manager of the ERS division and they asked the groups to sell an empty tooth paste package, wet cardboard paper and a baby bottle. They asked us questions like: which were the partnerships we made, how much was the expected profit, what was the cost, how the logistics would be made....when we all thought we were supposed to focus on the selling qualities of the product. So theyquestioned a lot, asked about the production schedule. It was a mess but I passed. After that, they called for the 1/1 interview in theis office. There were a lot of peoplE INTERVIEWING (130 as an HR girl told me) but all this for 60 oppenings.
    And the interview was very easy, very laid back. My interviewer was young and was saying slangs during the interview, so that I to control myself but the questions were behavioral, nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. The questions were: why deloitte? As engineer, why consulting? what do you think that we do, exactly? The rest of the interview revolved on the questions I asked him, which were: what are the common problems that a client bring to ERS? in what did you get specialized? how did it happen? how performance is assessed if all the work is colaborative and you don't have to outshine the other to grow in the company? he said he was very pleased to meet me and to interview me, that he hoped to see me working there next month but I guess they all say that to everybody. Hoping for the best!   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Four interviews conducted by two partners and two senior managers... They were 30 minute interviews... Over 3 or 4 weeks. First round was on campus, second round was in the San Francisco California office