Deloitte

Updated 17 Nov, 2014

3.2

233 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview process took a month. In person case+behavioural interview > senior manager interview > Partner interview.
The case interview was about finding cost inefficiencies around technology, I personally found it very easy.
The second interview was in their office with a senior manager. I believed it was a stress test, he pressed every answer that came out of my mouth. I just kept smiling, answered questions truthfully to the best of my abilities.
The third interview was in their office with a partner that I would be working with. He was very nice and the interview was conversational. I think I came across very cocky.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me exactly what you did in the positions in your resume?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied online and was contacted within two business days for the first round fit interview. There were 3 rounds in total. The 2nd round included a case, written portion, case presentation, and quantitative problem. There were several partners who participated in the interview process and I found they focused heavily on vetting your personality I.e. Fit within the team and Deloitte work culture. They were very personable and open to questions. The fit Interviews were very conversational and quite enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you see yourself in Deloitte in five years, and what would you be working on?"   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

First interview was with two managers - there was a very simple case in this interview (an example of the type of projects they deal with, and they ask you to walk them through your thought process).

Second interview was with a senior manager and a director. This interview was very informal - typical questions about if travel is okay and if unusual hours are okay.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all behavioural with one simple case - nothing surprising   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Straightforward. Experience , behavioural and and why you want to work there. Future co-workers interviewed me. It was not an issue. Very standard questions. Know examples from your experiences and why you want to work there.

Interview Questions
    Accepted what they offered even though it was way below industry standard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Applied online. Got an email after a week informing me of first interview. Deloitte interviews vary a lot according to location. I interviewed in Edmonton office. It was a Technology Consulting position. First interview was behavioral with a Manager and a Senior Manager. No curve ball questions. All standard probing questions about integrity, ethical dilemmas, why deloitte, why this position, tell me how you took leadership role, tell me how you face adversity etc.

The real test is the case interview. Going through online case interviews on Deloitte, the format was clear. So prepare using the online resource. In this 45 min test, they will give you a 4 page readout about the case. You are left alone in a room for 30 mins with the printout about the case..form a very well quantitative case around the data. The case is simple enough, well grasped, but very low on statistics. So fill in the stats with your own estimation. Then after 30 mins, last 15 mins is for giving a presentation to Deloitte consultants on findings and then you will be grilled about your recommendations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2012.

I interviewed with the Strategy and Operations group. First round was 2 interviewers at the Toronto office. Both rounds had 15 minutes of behavioural questions and a 30 minute case. Both of my interviewers were very friendly but my cases were not strong enough to get me through to the next round. My feedback was my math was not fast enough and I could have gone deeper with my insights with the case.

Interview Questions
    • I had behavioural questions regarding an ethical situation and a confidentiality situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2011.

4 Steps:
    1. Basic HR
    2. Manager - Technical
    3. Sr.Manager - Fit
    4. Partner - Overall

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the pre-existing software does not do what the customer wants it to do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Involves a first round of interview which has 2 pieces - one case interview and one behavioural.Then there is a wine and cheese event which is more like a social setting for interview. The final round is a 2 piece interview with a senior manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    Not a lot of negotiation possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

The position was being recruited for through my business school. Underwent two 1:1 interviews with current consultants (one senior, one junior). Behavioral + case based questions. Behavioral consisted of questions such as 'tell me about a time when unexpected change disrupted a project and how you handled it.'

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

Hired from campus recruitment process, and interview consisted of some behaviour type questions and some technical questions, i.e. problem solving.

Non negotiable.