Deloitte

Updated 10 Oct, 2014

3.2

229 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Straightforward. Experience , behavioural and and why you want to work there. Future co-workers interviewed me. It was not an issue. Very standard questions. Know examples from your experiences and why you want to work there.

Interview Questions
Accepted what they offered even though it was way below industry standard.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Applied online. Got an email after a week informing me of first interview. Deloitte interviews vary a lot according to location. I interviewed in Edmonton office. It was a Technology Consulting position. First interview was behavioral with a Manager and a Senior Manager. No curve ball questions. All standard probing questions about integrity, ethical dilemmas, why deloitte, why this position, tell me how you took leadership role, tell me how you face adversity etc.

The real test is the case interview. Going through online case interviews on Deloitte, the format was clear. So prepare using the online resource. In this 45 min test, they will give you a 4 page readout about the case. You are left alone in a room for 30 mins with the printout about the case..form a very well quantitative case around the data. The case is simple enough, well grasped, but very low on statistics. So fill in the stats with your own estimation. Then after 30 mins, last 15 mins is for giving a presentation to Deloitte consultants on findings and then you will be grilled about your recommendations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2012.

I interviewed with the Strategy and Operations group. First round was 2 interviewers at the Toronto office. Both rounds had 15 minutes of behavioural questions and a 30 minute case. Both of my interviewers were very friendly but my cases were not strong enough to get me through to the next round. My feedback was my math was not fast enough and I could have gone deeper with my insights with the case.

Interview Questions
    • I had behavioural questions regarding an ethical situation and a confidentiality situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2011.

4 Steps:
    1. Basic HR
    2. Manager - Technical
    3. Sr.Manager - Fit
    4. Partner - Overall

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the pre-existing software does not do what the customer wants it to do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Involves a first round of interview which has 2 pieces - one case interview and one behavioural.Then there is a wine and cheese event which is more like a social setting for interview. The final round is a 2 piece interview with a senior manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    Not a lot of negotiation possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

The position was being recruited for through my business school. Underwent two 1:1 interviews with current consultants (one senior, one junior). Behavioral + case based questions. Behavioral consisted of questions such as 'tell me about a time when unexpected change disrupted a project and how you handled it.'

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

Hired from campus recruitment process, and interview consisted of some behaviour type questions and some technical questions, i.e. problem solving.

Non negotiable.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

3 interviews: One with a manager, followed by RH, and then with an Associate. The interview with the manager comprises of a case study and other hr type questions. There is an online test for English language skills during the HR interview phase. The interview with the associate depends entirely on his mood. Normally, a conversation.

NA

Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Deloitte.

I tool two interviews and a case study test. The case study was held before the final interview. I had an hour to think about the test independently and an hour to explain how and why I think so.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a politician, which would you use to say your opinion, your blog or HP? Why?   Answer Question