Deloitte

Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 25 Feb, 2015
Updated 25 Feb, 2015

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Online application followed by a series of Skype Interviews (as I was applying for interviews in across the coast).
1st Round: 2 one hour interviews (one behavioural/technical & one business technology case)

The tech/behv round covers a wide range of questions on project life cycles, databases, basic IT. Also, a run through of the CV with emphasis on ability to deal with ambitious situations.
2nd Round: 2 30 min fit interviews with senior management to determine interests and goals. Very relaxed and enjoyable.

Interview Questions
  • Business Case Analysis of cloud vs on-site infrastructure for a regional transportation company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

I was send an email to go to Deloitte in Downtown for an interview, The interview is mainly behavioral very conversational, talking about different situation an overview of the Resume the typical interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

After applying online, I was called for the initial interview which tested my technical know-hows. The second interview was to test my fit with Deloitte. The second interview was bipartite, I was first interviewed by a senior manager and then a partners.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on databases, software development cycles, and object oriented design/programming.   View Answer

Business Technology Analyst Interview

hour case, hour behavioural, dinner and networking, final interview with partner. The behavioural and case were not too difficult compared to other case based interviews I had.The people interviewing were really encouraging and nice. The networking event was a bit more intense having all the other candidates around. The final partner interview was just a conversation.

offer was terrible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Overall process was positive. I attended the info session on campus, talked to lots of staff present, made sure to give them my business card. I then applied online. One week later, I got a call from the campus recruiter for a first round interview. It was two separate interviews - one behavioral and one case interview. The behavioral is very generic; tell me a time etc and the case is based on the interviewer specialization field. Make sure to practice cases specific to this field before going, it will give you a competitive advantage. They also provide you with data and a chart if you ask the right question within the case. My first round interview was very early in the week and I heard back within the end of the week. I was invited to a dinner with the other candidates and the managers. The dinner was a very good opportunity to really show your social skills. Mingle with EVERYONE! There are all the consulting practices, so make sure you don't talk to people from your practice only. The dinner was approx 3 hrs and after we had time to come in groups and ask job related questions to the managers present. The next morning was the final round interview with a partner and a director. It very casual, not set questions. They just want to get to know you and see if you fit within the company. Prepare some questions for them to ask at the end. My last round lasted only half hour instead of a full hour but it was really positive. It was on Tuesday Morning and I received a call from the director on Thursday morning to give me the good new. I just received my offer today(a week later) and I am writing this review because all the comments from glass-door really helped me through my process. I hope it helps and good luck!

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation but pretty decent base salary for a starter

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

After initial screening, received an email for first round interviews. First round consisted of an interview with two senior consultants that involved technical and behavioural questions. It's not a problem to say that you don't know some technical applications.
    Second round interview had a dinner the night before the interview. It was with partner's and senior managers and they specifically told you that they are judging you that night but informally.
    The next morning was an interview with a partner and senior manager, the partner challenged everything you said and tried to put you under pressure; just relax.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is Deloitte's next big thing in the next couple years?   Answer Question
    None

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

1 hour interview for a co-op position. Mix of behavioral and technical interview questions. There were two interviewers. They were really helpful and encouraging. The relationship manager was also a great help throughout the process.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

I applied through a career portal, and was called within two days. First I had an initial skype interview with them and then a one on one interview that had two components -Behavioral and Case. The case was a tech-strat case. The experience was good. The interviewers were informative. But the process was delayed a lot.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you displayed Loyalty to your firm ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

“In the technical interview, there were a lot of tricky questions. Some of the questions that I didn't know the answer the interviewer said: "Really? Don't you know that?". After the interview I was like not sure of the decision. one question was like Give me a number what you expect for salary (at the first round of interviews)”

Interview Questions
    • One of the most difficult questions was "Describe a scenario where you had to convince someone 1-on-1 and how did you do it and what was the outcome"”   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

Online Application, and email correspondence to set up an interview time. The interview was with two employees. The questions were fairly typical behavioral questions, with a heavy focus on the details of the resume.