Deloitte

Average Difficulty
121 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Recruit from select universities, at which info sessions are hosted. Handful of recruits complete on campus or in office initial screening interviews. There may be two future rounds of recruiting, each with multiple interviews with people of different levels. Cases are used to test the applicants potential fit for the role.

Interview Question – What superhero would you want to be and why?   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details Difficult comapred to the other interviews conducted around the region. Versant and vatage are must rounds included in the interview process. These tes your compunication skills, similar to TOEFL. Had 3 technical rounds which were difficult.

Interview Question – Many technical questions were asked. Focus was more on the technical concept rather than on previous projects or achievements   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very rigid. Not much to negotiate

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details It was a good hiring process which consisted of a written test followed by a gd on case study and that was followed by technical interview. The main thing they were looking for is our communication skills, teamwork and leadership skills.

Interview Question – In the technical interview I was asked about data warehousing which I had only a rough idea. So I managed to answer the question using thse ideas only.   View Answer

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details For Campus hires Standard hiring process specified by the University and the Company. Normally It has 3 stages 1 APTITUDE Test, One Group Discussion and Finally Personal Interview.
And for lateral hires, one technical Round, One by Hire Management and One by HR. Standard process.

Negotiation Details – There is not much of a scope for negotiation

Diegem (Belgium)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2010.

Interview Details lengthy process- partly due to the fact that it took place during the summer (holiday) months. it consisted of 2 interviews: one with 2 relevant service line directors and one with an HR representative. I received the offer approx. 2 weeks after the interview

Interview Question – why would we need your foreign/international experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation (didn't seem possible and I didn't want to risk as it was the only offer that I had secured at the time)

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details Found to be relatively easy, most questions weren't too technical. Went through three rounds of interviews and all my interviewers seemed down to earth. They recruit heavily at my school so I think most of the interviews were just routine and check the box type.

Interview Question – What was one question that we didnt ask you that we should have.   Answer Question

Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details This was a rigorous interview process that spanned an online test, a phone interview, assessment day, then a partner interview. While it was long and tiring, it was necessary because there were 1000s of applicants for less than 100 spots. The questions were pretty generic, and easy as long as you know what they are trying to achieve with them

Interview Question – Some behavioural questions where there were no correct answers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nil

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Had to undergo four stages of assessment.
1. Verbal/Numerical Test - This was a basic Math and English test that was to be completed within a period of half hour
2. Case Study - This entailed a case about the Education System in Africa. The follow-up questions revolved around my opinion of the reasons why the system is in the state it is in; the main challenges; and possible short and long term improvement solutions.
3. Competency Based Interview - This was the toughest of the 4 assessments. This was a face-to-face interview where questions regarding my past experience on all the competency areas eg data collection and analysis, innovation, ethical dilemmas, etc.
4. Partner Interview - This was a 6 min chat with the Consulting Partner. The questions asked were - Why do you want to leave your current employment? What strikes you about Deloitte? Whats your favourite cartoon? Yes, you read right. Whats your favourite cartoon?

Interview Question – Describe your most creative idea...   Answer Question

Prague (Czech Republic)

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details one test-mathematical and logical and english test, 2 interview, question about experience, personal attitude

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2010.

Interview Details Hiring process is pretty straightforward. First round consists of 1 or 2 phone screens, mostly behavioral with a couple of questions like "tell me about a time where you had to deal with conflict within your team, or when someone didn't agree with you.

Second round is in person, consists of 1, 2, or 3 case interviews. The cases are pretty straightforward (much like the sample cases on Deloitte's website), after which the offer happens. The interviews is usually 10-15 of behavioral with the typical questions so the interviewer can get to know you, after which they jump into the case for 45 minutes or so.

Interview Question – Don't recall any curve balls at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Big firms have standard packages.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!