Deloitte

2.7

72 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2013.

Came to Campus and asked the following during the interview:
You get to the very end of your case interview with an overall net return for the case question. The case seemingly does not provide enough context for you to make a decision. The interviewer asks you whether to go forward with the project and pressures you to come up with a concrete answer.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Audit Assistant Interview

Behavioral interview... no big surprises... same questions in multiple interviews and in general interviewers could care less about following any script. Just be prepared to answer questions about working in a "team environment" and most "challenging situations" that you've encountered.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were really difficult   View Answer

Audit Assistant Interview

The hiring process takes about a month. I talked briefly about my experience with HR. Then I had an interview with audit manager - went through resume and had a few behavioral questions. Finally, I was brought on-site to meet with partners.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Talked through experience on the resume and had some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

First interview on the phone. They asked very basic questions, but behavioral questions were included. They even asked me 2~3 accounting questions. I did not expect those, so I did poorly.

Second interview took 1.5 hours. I met three people: one partner, one director and one manager. They asked questions based on your resume, but it was more like a chat or networking with your interviewer. The point is to let them like you and make them enjoy talking to you or listening to your words.

Was invited to the dinner with them. Some other employees in the office also attended. They were very much and joked around. It was a fun night, yet I was too tired to talk much.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to change your career (path)? What is your ideal working environment? What is your goal for this coming 5 years?   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

The interview started with an office tour followed by a presentation and a panel with younger associates to answer questions and share their experiences. Afterward, you had two behavioral interviews with either a partner or a manager. Everyone throughout the process was very friendly. Would definitely recommend the company based solely on the interview process.

Audit Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Got an interview through my college (Deloitte came to campus). Interviewed with a partner who asked behavioral type questions and reviewed my resume. Made it to second round interviews (treated to dinner the night before), second interview in the office with a different partner.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were unable to complete a task assigned to you   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Interviews are almost all behavioral, you will most likely do 2 or 3 with senior ranking members of the Audit team. Also, if you have greeters or facilitators between meetings, those people will also be evaluating you so be on your best behavior.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to work with a difficult person who didn't pull their weight and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Initial communications: Reached out by the head campus recruiter and scheduled for two campus interviews, each one 15-30 minutes.
    Planning: I was told this was mainly going to be a behavioral interview therefore I mainly planned by thoroughly reviewing my own resume and being prepared with the "STAR" method to respond to behavioral interview questions.
    Number of Interviews: 4 total (2 first round on campus, 2 second round in the city)
    Perception of the people: Motivated, lot of pride in their firm being better than other Big 4 firms

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was "Why do you want to go into Audit versus Deloitte's other offerings (Tax, FAS, ERS, etc.)?"   View Answer

Audit Assistant Interview

There is an interview or phone interview on campus. This is more of a get to know you interview. If you are qualified (minimum GPA of 3.2) and impress the recruiter with your resume you will receive a second interview if there is room in the city you are applying to. The second/office interview will be more behavioral questions (i.e. what would you do if you were in this situation...). There will not be anything too surprising or any case studies. You will meet with a manager or above for each of these interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard - nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bratislava (Slovakia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bratislava (Slovakia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

CV screening, series of online tests, AC including the partner interview

Interview Questions
    • rather task than question, the task was to convince investors to invest into the fictional company experiencing financial dificulties   View Answer