Dell

Updated 22 Oct, 2014
Updated 22 Oct, 2014

2.9

Senior Operations Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell.

interviewed by one HR and 3 from department, very nice experience. They came in one by one, well organized, and finish all interview within half day, and made the decision quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Not much difficult. I think the key is someone refer me to that company and they trust that people   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Pretty straight forward. Background and why Dell

straight forward

Contract Adm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell in February 2012.

The interview was with two ladies. They interviewed me seperatly. The questions were typical situational and behavior questions that apparently dell has because they were reading the questions.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell in June 2010.

1. Email contact to set up initial phone interview
    2. 30 minute phone interview with recruiter in US - mix of traditional and behavioural questions
    3. 90 minute phone interview with hiring manager and another manager - mix of traditional, situational and behavioural questions
    4. 2 hour face to face interview with a Dell Canada HR Manager
    5. Conditional Job offer given verbally, with a start date 2+ weeks out.
    6. Written offer emailed with page after page of questions and forms to comlete, then fax in along with 2 pieces of govt issued photo ID
    7. Online application had to be filled out (even though I had answered the same questions when I applied for the job originally)
    8. 3rd party company sent email with link and login info - and again many pages of forms and questions
    Finally notified just days before start date that everything had cleared.
    9. First day and more forms to complete with the same questions and info again !

Comments:
    Applying online to job - not a good or easy experience - very intrusive information requested
    Interview process excellent : efficient, timely, professional
    Onboarding - very poor - too much duplication of requests for same info over and over.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were unable to meet a deadline.   Answer Question
    The offer came in as the amount I expected and was happy with.

L1 TECHNICIAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in April 2007.

The interview process was extended and bureaucratic. It was all about saying the right things to the questions and very little about actually interacting with the interviewers. There was an extensive computer based personality and skills test as well as personality and technical one on one interviews.

Technical Support Call Centre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in March 2007.

1 Skill Test - Consisting all multiple choice questions regarding to PC and Windows Troubleshooting knowledge and Working ethnics.

2 An easy email asking for your desiring salary and will to relocate

3 An easy telephone interview with 8 - 10 Windows OS troubleshooting questions or POST troubleshooting. Then another 5 or 6 ethic questions. Result could be out immediately if your answers are satisfactory.

4 Background Check, you might have to provide at least one working reference.

No formal dress code encountered during the process.

Interview Questions
    Salary cannot be negotiated.

Firmware Interview

The 1st round consisted of question on I2C, SPI protocol. Wrt to C, there were questions on significance of volatile, static keywords. Also there was a program to add and delete a node to linked list. You are asked to execute on pc. Better run in one shot, without warning or error.

Interview Questions
    • Have a very clear understanding of Volatile keyword and cache. You can find the answers on stackoverflow website   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Campus recruitment. 4 rounds. Basic data structures and algorithm questions. Not tough at all.
    3 technical rounds and 1 HR interview round. Mostly a panel observing you carefully and even helping you.

1st technical round had data structure questions.
    2nd round was describing your projects and the design chosen for them and why?
    3rd round again algorithm questions (not too hard)

Interview Questions
    • Developed my own thesis project in college. The toughest part was in explaining in precise and concise manner the entire software design in a relatively short amount of time before the interviewer lost interest   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dell.

I found out about this position through a posting online and was particularly interested in it because it was based in France. The online application was slightly confusing and ended up submitting my application before I actually finished. I tried to reach out to the Montpellier office (which was where I applied) but it was almost invisible. What's worse is that they when I looked up the same position in the USA, the responsibilities were more technical and refined vs the france one which seemed like any jane doe with some computer skills could do.

Software Engineer Interview

I was asked for technical interviews with two different groups, no HR part involved so far. Applied through university. Interview invitation sent by email. We got a free dinner (dell networking event) the night before interview day.

Interview Questions
    • Basic data structure, string manipulation, pointers. Since I learned about these during freshmen year, I pretty much forgot most of these when I was interviewed. I didn't review because I thought first round should be HR, but I was wrong...   Answer Question