Dell Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr, 2015
Updated 16 Apr, 2015

2.9

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

The interview process took several weeks including phone and on-site interviews with general and executive level team members. The interviews were discussed more as discussions and not at all "tricky". I felt very comfortable and was prepared to speak to my strengths and previous success.

Interview Questions

• What excites you most about the position and what do you think would be stretch for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Management was very easy to negotiate with and when they could not meet expectations, offered similar compensating options.

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

interviewed by one HR and 3 from department, very nice experience. They came in one by one, well organized, and finish all interview within half day, and made the decision quickly.

Interview Questions

• Not much difficult. I think the key is someone refer me to that company and they trust that people   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Background and why Dell

Interview Questions

Negotiation

straight forward

Pricing Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Toronto, ON) in March 2012.

Interview

The job was pricing related and I was hired through an recruiting agency (Procom). I just had a 30min interview with the Marketing Director at the time for just 10 mins, and the rest of the interview was with the person I was replacing going over my skills. He had me solve a simple quiz on paper that had basic excel/access questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you fit into this role? Why do you want to work for Dell? Some MS Excel/Access questions on Vlookup, Margin, Databases etc.   1 Answer

Contract Adm Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell (Toronto, ON) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was with two ladies. They interviewed me seperatly. The questions were typical situational and behavior questions that apparently dell has because they were reading the questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Services Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in August 2010.

Interview

8 interviews with multiple sales rep, managers and divisional managers. They all have attitudes and egos so you need to be prepared for this style. Standard interview type questions.

Negotiation

Back and forth on base salary.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell (Toronto, ON) in June 2010.

Interview

1. Email contact to set up initial phone interview
    2. 30 minute phone interview with recruiter in US - mix of traditional and behavioural questions
    3. 90 minute phone interview with hiring manager and another manager - mix of traditional, situational and behavioural questions
    4. 2 hour face to face interview with a Dell Canada HR Manager
    5. Conditional Job offer given verbally, with a start date 2+ weeks out.
    6. Written offer emailed with page after page of questions and forms to comlete, then fax in along with 2 pieces of govt issued photo ID
    7. Online application had to be filled out (even though I had answered the same questions when I applied for the job originally)
    8. 3rd party company sent email with link and login info - and again many pages of forms and questions
    Finally notified just days before start date that everything had cleared.
    9. First day and more forms to complete with the same questions and info again !

Comments:
    Applying online to job - not a good or easy experience - very intrusive information requested
    Interview process excellent : efficient, timely, professional
    Onboarding - very poor - too much duplication of requests for same info over and over.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were unable to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer came in as the amount I expected and was happy with.

L1 TECHNICIAN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Edmonton, AB) in April 2007.

Interview

The interview process was extended and bureaucratic. It was all about saying the right things to the questions and very little about actually interacting with the interviewers. There was an extensive computer based personality and skills test as well as personality and technical one on one interviews.

Technical Support Call Centre Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Edmonton, AB) in March 2007.

Interview

1 Skill Test - Consisting all multiple choice questions regarding to PC and Windows Troubleshooting knowledge and Working ethnics.

2 An easy email asking for your desiring salary and will to relocate

3 An easy telephone interview with 8 - 10 Windows OS troubleshooting questions or POST troubleshooting. Then another 5 or 6 ethic questions. Result could be out immediately if your answers are satisfactory.

4 Background Check, you might have to provide at least one working reference.

No formal dress code encountered during the process.

Interview Questions

• Describing PC startup behavior   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary cannot be negotiated.

Validation Team Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Interview at Round Rock office. First got an email about the schedule. And later got the date and time at which I should be there. Had to figure out how to get there because there wasn't resource they sent me. I got entrance permission at the desk, and then there were two interviewers each in charge of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about advanced concepts like "what a state machine is" as well as conventional ones like "the difference between inheritence and abstract classes". Then behavioral, and then gave a case where there's a problem in a database where it has a lot of data and I want to make specific query fast.   Answer Question