Dell

Updated Aug 25, 2014
810 interviews

2.9

Senior Operations Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell.

interviewed by one HR and 3 from department, very nice experience. They came in one by one, well organized, and finish all interview within half day, and made the decision quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Not much difficult. I think the key is someone refer me to that company and they trust that people   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Pretty straight forward. Background and why Dell

straight forward

Contract Adm Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in February 2012.

The interview was with two ladies. They interviewed me seperatly. The questions were typical situational and behavior questions that apparently dell has because they were reading the questions.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in June 2010.

1. Email contact to set up initial phone interview
    2. 30 minute phone interview with recruiter in US - mix of traditional and behavioural questions
    3. 90 minute phone interview with hiring manager and another manager - mix of traditional, situational and behavioural questions
    4. 2 hour face to face interview with a Dell Canada HR Manager
    5. Conditional Job offer given verbally, with a start date 2+ weeks out.
    6. Written offer emailed with page after page of questions and forms to comlete, then fax in along with 2 pieces of govt issued photo ID
    7. Online application had to be filled out (even though I had answered the same questions when I applied for the job originally)
    8. 3rd party company sent email with link and login info - and again many pages of forms and questions
    Finally notified just days before start date that everything had cleared.
    9. First day and more forms to complete with the same questions and info again !

Comments:
    Applying online to job - not a good or easy experience - very intrusive information requested
    Interview process excellent : efficient, timely, professional
    Onboarding - very poor - too much duplication of requests for same info over and over.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were unable to meet a deadline.   Answer Question
    The offer came in as the amount I expected and was happy with.

L1 TECHNICIAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in April 2007.

The interview process was extended and bureaucratic. It was all about saying the right things to the questions and very little about actually interacting with the interviewers. There was an extensive computer based personality and skills test as well as personality and technical one on one interviews.

Technical Support Call Centre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in March 2007.

1 Skill Test - Consisting all multiple choice questions regarding to PC and Windows Troubleshooting knowledge and Working ethnics.

2 An easy email asking for your desiring salary and will to relocate

3 An easy telephone interview with 8 - 10 Windows OS troubleshooting questions or POST troubleshooting. Then another 5 or 6 ethic questions. Result could be out immediately if your answers are satisfactory.

4 Background Check, you might have to provide at least one working reference.

No formal dress code encountered during the process.

Interview Questions
    Salary cannot be negotiated.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

interviewed at Dell in May 2014.

First round interviews was a panel of 3. Was not intense but validating whats on your resume and experience to do the job. My recommendation would be to be confident and don't lie on your resume because they will expose you. Be prepared for the panel type interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are things that are deal breakers in the role for you?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell in May 2013.

Applied by sending my resume to HR. They called 4 days later and did a phone screening. Then I went to the company and had an interview with the people I would work with, really smooth interview talking about my experience and why joining the company. They asked me if I was willing to travel to the office (because I live far away) and what where the most important things I learnt in my previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to make a pivot table in Excel and explain the report, not very difficult   Answer Question

Financial Analysis Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell.

The hiring process is very professional despite some small internal coordination problems. Three to four interviews before hiring including one phone interview . Interviews are the most important step in the selection process. Usual questions are asked, and quick responses whiting 48 hours.

Technical Account Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dell in June 2014.

Completed the Dell online employee form
    Contacted by Talent Acquisition team and reviewed resume; high level summary of role and I agreed it was a fit.
    Phone screened with 2 current Technical Account Managers. Asked technical questions regarding my experience with:
    - Storage - Isci and FC and the benefits of each
    - Server - Models I've worked with, current Dell servers or IBM/HP that I've wok
    - Networking knowledge - light stuff like ICMP, SNMP, IP
    - Presentation skills
    - Leadership roles
    - Sales ability

Lasts about 30 minutes. Pass and you're recommended to TAM Manager interview.

I was light in my presentation and went blank on server models I've worked with. Know the job description and apply your background to it and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't very difficult, I just drew a blank when they asked me about my past server experience. It's not a hands-on role so I was not prepared. I did not know the model of servers I worked with because there were so many and I didn't think it would matter. Also, my past experience had no public speaking involvement. I never presented to C levels, only other technical people.   Answer Question

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!