Dell

Getting the Interview

720 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details Pretty straight forward. Background and why Dell

Interview Question – Can't think of one. current trends   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straight forward

Contract Adm Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in February 2012.

Interview Details The interview was with two ladies. They interviewed me seperatly. The questions were typical situational and behavior questions that apparently dell has because they were reading the questions.

Interview Question – How do you handle an angry customer?   View Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in June 2010.

Interview Details 1. Email contact to set up initial phone interview
2. 30 minute phone interview with recruiter in US - mix of traditional and behavioural questions
3. 90 minute phone interview with hiring manager and another manager - mix of traditional, situational and behavioural questions
4. 2 hour face to face interview with a Dell Canada HR Manager
5. Conditional Job offer given verbally, with a start date 2+ weeks out.
6. Written offer emailed with page after page of questions and forms to comlete, then fax in along with 2 pieces of govt issued photo ID
7. Online application had to be filled out (even though I had answered the same questions when I applied for the job originally)
8. 3rd party company sent email with link and login info - and again many pages of forms and questions
Finally notified just days before start date that everything had cleared.
9. First day and more forms to complete with the same questions and info again !

Comments:
Applying online to job - not a good or easy experience - very intrusive information requested
Interview process excellent : efficient, timely, professional
Onboarding - very poor - too much duplication of requests for same info over and over.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were unable to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer came in as the amount I expected and was happy with.

L1 TECHNICIAN Interview

L1 TECHNICIAN
Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in April 2007.

Interview Details The interview process was extended and bureaucratic. It was all about saying the right things to the questions and very little about actually interacting with the interviewers. There was an extensive computer based personality and skills test as well as personality and technical one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

Technical Support Call Centre Interview

Technical Support Call Centre
Edmonton, AB

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in March 2007.

Interview Details 1 Skill Test - Consisting all multiple choice questions regarding to PC and Windows Troubleshooting knowledge and Working ethnics.

2 An easy email asking for your desiring salary and will to relocate

3 An easy telephone interview with 8 - 10 Windows OS troubleshooting questions or POST troubleshooting. Then another 5 or 6 ethic questions. Result could be out immediately if your answers are satisfactory.

4 Background Check, you might have to provide at least one working reference.

No formal dress code encountered during the process.

Interview Question – Describing PC startup behavior   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary cannot be negotiated.

Prescreening Interview Interview

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details It was a basic behavioural interview. Only asked me about my resume.
Still waiting for the response

Business Analysis Senior Advisor Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details Multiple telephonic interviews
One Case round testing data interpretation skills

Negotiation Details – Initially declined as pay was not upto expectation, but they were quite keen to get me on board. After some negotiation, they offered a 15% increment, which I took up. Also considering the fact that they have a lot of emplyee benefits like taking care of rental agent fees and also rental deposit

Operations Specialist Interview

Nashville, TN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dell in June 2010.

Interview Details The interview process is fairly fundamental and effective as long as the applicant listens closely to the questions and follows the instructions. The key is to answer questions using real past experience. They are not trick questions, they are simply set up so the applicant can share historical facts instead of tomorrow's theory.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you had multiple high priority deadlines approaching and you realized you could not make them all nor make everyone happy. What did you do? How did it turn out?"   Answer Question

Customer Care Manager Interview

Casablanca (Morocco)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2010.

Interview Details First contact by mail then 2 phone interviews then onboarding. Everything went perfectly smoothly. Great experience. Got an answer quickly.

Interview Question – Nothing especial, everything went just fine.   Answer Question

Information Architect/User Experience Interview

Round Rock, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in October 2012.

Interview Details I started with two phone interviews: one with HR, and another with a senior manager. Afterward I was called in to interview with three different senior managers at the same time in a panel style interview.

Interview Question – I was asked to review a short work requisite, given thirty minutes alone to craft a solution, then needed to present this solution in presentation format to the managers afterward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called and offered a salary, followed up by a formal letter.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dell

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!

Dell – Why Work for Us?

The focus in Dell for our team members is very much on creating an environment where every individual can be their best and do their best work in service of our customers. Our philosophy toward people is to "build… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dell interview questions and advice. All 720 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Dell employees and interview candidates.