Dell

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.9

Senior Operations Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell.

interviewed by one HR and 3 from department, very nice experience. They came in one by one, well organized, and finish all interview within half day, and made the decision quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Not much difficult. I think the key is someone refer me to that company and they trust that people   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Pretty straight forward. Background and why Dell

straight forward

Contract Adm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in February 2012.

The interview was with two ladies. They interviewed me seperatly. The questions were typical situational and behavior questions that apparently dell has because they were reading the questions.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in June 2010.

1. Email contact to set up initial phone interview
    2. 30 minute phone interview with recruiter in US - mix of traditional and behavioural questions
    3. 90 minute phone interview with hiring manager and another manager - mix of traditional, situational and behavioural questions
    4. 2 hour face to face interview with a Dell Canada HR Manager
    5. Conditional Job offer given verbally, with a start date 2+ weeks out.
    6. Written offer emailed with page after page of questions and forms to comlete, then fax in along with 2 pieces of govt issued photo ID
    7. Online application had to be filled out (even though I had answered the same questions when I applied for the job originally)
    8. 3rd party company sent email with link and login info - and again many pages of forms and questions
    Finally notified just days before start date that everything had cleared.
    9. First day and more forms to complete with the same questions and info again !

Comments:
    Applying online to job - not a good or easy experience - very intrusive information requested
    Interview process excellent : efficient, timely, professional
    Onboarding - very poor - too much duplication of requests for same info over and over.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were unable to meet a deadline.   Answer Question
    The offer came in as the amount I expected and was happy with.

L1 TECHNICIAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in April 2007.

The interview process was extended and bureaucratic. It was all about saying the right things to the questions and very little about actually interacting with the interviewers. There was an extensive computer based personality and skills test as well as personality and technical one on one interviews.

Technical Support Call Centre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in March 2007.

1 Skill Test - Consisting all multiple choice questions regarding to PC and Windows Troubleshooting knowledge and Working ethnics.

2 An easy email asking for your desiring salary and will to relocate

3 An easy telephone interview with 8 - 10 Windows OS troubleshooting questions or POST troubleshooting. Then another 5 or 6 ethic questions. Result could be out immediately if your answers are satisfactory.

4 Background Check, you might have to provide at least one working reference.

No formal dress code encountered during the process.

Interview Questions
    Salary cannot be negotiated.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dell in July 2014.

I was contacted by email from a guy from Dell to set up a phone call. After the initial phone call he set up a call with the project manager from the US. I've got an email with the argument of the call, mainly background and motivational, insted it was full of very technical and specific questions.
    I received no feedback after this call, just an email for 2 more calls, this time tecnical (they wrote), they already sent me the dates, without asking if I were free. very roude. The first call was with a guy with a very strong indian accent and It was very difficoult to understand, at the second call, nobody showed up and I listened the waiting music for half an hour.
    In the mean time, another recruiter from Dell, send me an email for scheduling a call for the same position, very organized company.
    They rescedule the last call, blaming a problem with the phone, but I think they simple do not care of the people.

At the end of the process (2 week later the last call), I receive a call telling me they decided not to proced in the process.

Interview Questions
    • What is your opinion about multicast delegate?   View Answer

Software Dev Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Dell in August 2014.

2 Interview Rounds.

1 is technical and 1 is Managerial level.

Simple and easy interview process.

Common interview question - Why should we hire you ?

Unexpected interview question is - what are the db2 error codes we get in Db2.

Brand Manager Desktops Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Dell.

The process started in March and now In September I have just received an offer. Many interviews and HR did not do a very good job of keeping me updated with the status.

Currently negotiating

Human Resources Ops Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in September 2014.

I submitted my resume through an internal contact, and I was called within a week to arrange a time for an in person, one on one interview at the office in Frenchs Forest (so no phone interview screening). They emailed me all the details I required in advance - address, map, phone numbers, name of the interviewer, how to enter the office.

I arrived on the arranged day and time and was greeted by the interviewer. He had a generic question and answer sheet, but thankfully did not use it other than to jot down notes in the relevant sections - the first question I was able to read on the page was, 'Why do you want to work for Dell?'.

He was an experienced interviewer; and asked more general questions pertaining to my previous experience, knowledge of the role and the company, which gave me more freedom to answer questions without being stilted. Given that I am a recent graduate, he focused more on how my previous experience could relate to required competencies of the offered position, as opposed to the actual technical skills required. Having worked in the position being offered, he had comprehensive knowledge about the job and was able to answer and succinctly explain all the details I required.

A few days after the interview, he called to say they were not continuing with my application, having other candidates with more relevant experience as one reason, also saying that the manager who was offshore would most likely not be able to provide the hand holding I would have required (basically, I was under-qualified for this role). He provided feedback, which was also greatly appreciated.

In terms of culture, Dell in Australia is not considered a 'corporate' culture firm in which everyone wears a suit to work every day. I was overdressed in a black blazer, button down and a skirt - but it does help to make a 'professional' impression. Being a MNC, the interviewer did also say that the position would mean collaborating with people across the Asia-Pacific and Japan region, including India, Japan, Singapore and Malaysia - so time differences would affect how early or late you would start and finish.

Interview Questions
    • Given your previous experience, what skills have you picked up that are most relevant to this job?
      While on exchange overseas, what difficulties did you face while dealing with the local culture?
        View Answer

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!