Dell

801 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Senior Operations Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details interviewed by one HR and 3 from department, very nice experience. They came in one by one, well organized, and finish all interview within half day, and made the decision quickly.

Interview Question – Not much difficult. I think the key is someone refer me to that company and they trust that people   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details Pretty straight forward. Background and why Dell

Interview Question – Can't think of one. current trends   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straight forward

Contract Adm Interview

Contract Adm
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in February 2012.

Interview Details The interview was with two ladies. They interviewed me seperatly. The questions were typical situational and behavior questions that apparently dell has because they were reading the questions.

Interview Question – How do you handle an angry customer?   View Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in June 2010.

Interview Details 1. Email contact to set up initial phone interview
2. 30 minute phone interview with recruiter in US - mix of traditional and behavioural questions
3. 90 minute phone interview with hiring manager and another manager - mix of traditional, situational and behavioural questions
4. 2 hour face to face interview with a Dell Canada HR Manager
5. Conditional Job offer given verbally, with a start date 2+ weeks out.
6. Written offer emailed with page after page of questions and forms to comlete, then fax in along with 2 pieces of govt issued photo ID
7. Online application had to be filled out (even though I had answered the same questions when I applied for the job originally)
8. 3rd party company sent email with link and login info - and again many pages of forms and questions
Finally notified just days before start date that everything had cleared.
9. First day and more forms to complete with the same questions and info again !

Comments:
Applying online to job - not a good or easy experience - very intrusive information requested
Interview process excellent : efficient, timely, professional
Onboarding - very poor - too much duplication of requests for same info over and over.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were unable to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer came in as the amount I expected and was happy with.

L1 TECHNICIAN Interview

L1 TECHNICIAN
Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in April 2007.

Interview Details The interview process was extended and bureaucratic. It was all about saying the right things to the questions and very little about actually interacting with the interviewers. There was an extensive computer based personality and skills test as well as personality and technical one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

Technical Support Call Centre Interview

Technical Support Call Centre
Edmonton, AB

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in March 2007.

Interview Details 1 Skill Test - Consisting all multiple choice questions regarding to PC and Windows Troubleshooting knowledge and Working ethnics.

2 An easy email asking for your desiring salary and will to relocate

3 An easy telephone interview with 8 - 10 Windows OS troubleshooting questions or POST troubleshooting. Then another 5 or 6 ethic questions. Result could be out immediately if your answers are satisfactory.

4 Background Check, you might have to provide at least one working reference.

No formal dress code encountered during the process.

Interview Question – Describing PC startup behavior   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary cannot be negotiated.

Network Security Analyst Interview

Network Security Analyst
Providence, RI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in November 2013.

Interview Details Initial round was screening with basic networking questions. Then another round of phone interview (very technical). Also stressed on my past experience and university projects. Overall, was a great experience and also never expected them to get back within 2 days

Mechanical Associate Engineer I Interview

Mechanical Associate Engineer I

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details The interview process started after I submitted my resume with with a 45-minute phone interview, then an in-person interview at an off-site location. Interviews were mostly informal and conversational. The interviewer was friendly and genuinely interested in me.

Interview Question – What is your experience dealing with non-engineering customers?   Answer Question

Dell Response

Aug 19, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your feedback on your interview experience. We will share your feedback with our Recruiting leaders and appreciate the time you took share your thoughts. Congratulations on your offer ... More

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details Campus Recruitment Process.
3 rounds.
Round 1- Written test. This round had 3 sections. Aptitude, English and Technical. Multiple Choice Questions with no negative marking.
Round 2- Technical Interview. Questions asked depend mostly on what you write in your resume.
Round 3- HR Interview. General HR questions, the interviewers are very observant.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Test Associate Engineer Interview

Test Associate Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details I applied through college

Interview details- Three rounds of process

1.Online Test
2.Technical interview
3.HR interview

Online test consisted of 60 questions
-30 questions from quantitative and verbal
-30 questions from technical

General aptitude section was of average difficulty. Technical section had questions from C,C++,Java,Computer networks,microprocessors

If you have practiced general aptitude questions,then the test will be easy.

Interview questions- They mainly asked me about my projects,Questions on computer networks, software testing.

Interview Question – I was asked to write a code for number of cars and bikes entering the college.   Answer Question

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!