Dell

781 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Senior Operations Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details interviewed by one HR and 3 from department, very nice experience. They came in one by one, well organized, and finish all interview within half day, and made the decision quickly.

Interview Question – Not much difficult. I think the key is someone refer me to that company and they trust that people   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details Pretty straight forward. Background and why Dell

Interview Question – Can't think of one. current trends   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straight forward

Contract Adm Interview

Contract Adm
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in February 2012.

Interview Details The interview was with two ladies. They interviewed me seperatly. The questions were typical situational and behavior questions that apparently dell has because they were reading the questions.

Interview Question – How do you handle an angry customer?   View Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in June 2010.

Interview Details 1. Email contact to set up initial phone interview
2. 30 minute phone interview with recruiter in US - mix of traditional and behavioural questions
3. 90 minute phone interview with hiring manager and another manager - mix of traditional, situational and behavioural questions
4. 2 hour face to face interview with a Dell Canada HR Manager
5. Conditional Job offer given verbally, with a start date 2+ weeks out.
6. Written offer emailed with page after page of questions and forms to comlete, then fax in along with 2 pieces of govt issued photo ID
7. Online application had to be filled out (even though I had answered the same questions when I applied for the job originally)
8. 3rd party company sent email with link and login info - and again many pages of forms and questions
Finally notified just days before start date that everything had cleared.
9. First day and more forms to complete with the same questions and info again !

Comments:
Applying online to job - not a good or easy experience - very intrusive information requested
Interview process excellent : efficient, timely, professional
Onboarding - very poor - too much duplication of requests for same info over and over.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were unable to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer came in as the amount I expected and was happy with.

L1 TECHNICIAN Interview

L1 TECHNICIAN
Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in April 2007.

Interview Details The interview process was extended and bureaucratic. It was all about saying the right things to the questions and very little about actually interacting with the interviewers. There was an extensive computer based personality and skills test as well as personality and technical one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

Technical Support Call Centre Interview

Technical Support Call Centre
Edmonton, AB

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in March 2007.

Interview Details 1 Skill Test - Consisting all multiple choice questions regarding to PC and Windows Troubleshooting knowledge and Working ethnics.

2 An easy email asking for your desiring salary and will to relocate

3 An easy telephone interview with 8 - 10 Windows OS troubleshooting questions or POST troubleshooting. Then another 5 or 6 ethic questions. Result could be out immediately if your answers are satisfactory.

4 Background Check, you might have to provide at least one working reference.

No formal dress code encountered during the process.

Interview Question – Describing PC startup behavior   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary cannot be negotiated.

Applications Management Senior Analyst Interview

Applications Management Senior Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2011.

Interview Details Interview process was detailed more focusing towards the roles and responsibilities to be understood clearly. The intention is towards analyzing the candidate capabilities to work according to the requirement of the job functionality.

Interview Question – Regarding the technical jargon based dealing with expertise and knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was asked for 50% hike, but considering my skills and expertise knowledge on the concepts and commitment towards work, I was offered with 100% hike.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details phone than real than go to the place and talked to the branch manager, got in in no time only took about twenty miutes to interview. after waited about three weeks to get a respond.

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Service Delivery Manager
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview Details Recruiter
2 phone interviews
final, in-person interview
You either get an offer, or not
If you get an offer, you can negotiate for a better deal
accept the offer
background / drug test
The last step is orientation.

Interview Question – ITIL based questions. What is your strongest asset? Weakest?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in September 2010.

Interview Details It was the quickest hiring process of my career. All it took is 8 days from first call from a job consultant to getting the offer letter. Round 1 - General HR, Round 2 - Technical by Program Director, Round - 3 (Webex) with Account Head and Round 4 - HR negotiations. Thats about it.

Interview Question – It was more on what I had done so far within my domain. No stupid questions were asked. Both rounds were max 25 min time to the point questions related to my expected role. All my queries were answered promptly without hiding much information.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiated much as I wanted to move to NCR. However, I got 22% hike from previous salary and wa happy with it.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!