Dairy Queen

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Front Line/Cashier
Chatham, ON

Interviewed at Dairy Queen

Interview Details It was the easiest interview I've ever had. Maybe lasted 5 minutes, asked regular interview questions that come up on a Google search.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Team Member Interview

Team Member

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details I saw an ad on kijiji for a DQ job fair and attended. As I entered the location, I noticed there was a very long line into a single room. I waited for four hours until they finally got to me. When I entered the room, it was set up like American Idol. One long table with three interviewers, and one single chair for me in the middle of the room. Talk about pressure! So I sat down and they ran through a series of typical questions and it was very rushed. I could tell they just wanted to get everyone over with quickly. It lasted about 15 minutes, then I shook each of their hands and left.

Interview Question – What makes you different from the crowd outside that door?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

North Vancouver, BC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2011.

Interview Details I was notified by a friend who already worked at DQ about the job. I printed out my resume and a copy of the application on their website, handed it in that day, and was called for an interview for the following day. I went in for a short 1:1 interview, where my manager and I briefly talked about previous job experience, laws regarding breaks and paycheques, store policies, etc. I accepted the job and came in the next day for training.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for DQ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not offered, but I accepted anyway because it was a great entry level job.

Food Server Interview

Ottawa, ON

The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2009.

Interview Details I went to the local Dairy queen to fill out an application, and I was asked to have an interview on the spot. They just told me about the company and the responsibilities I would have, and then asked me about my availability and if I usually take summer vacations, as they are busiest in the summer. At the end of the interview, they offered me the job and told me they would call when I was to start working.

Interview Question – How often do you go on vacation?   View Answer

Grill Cook Interview

Morehead, KY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen in September 2010.

Interview Details very laid back, not difficult to find a job if they are hiring

Interview Question – why do you deserve a job here?   View Answer

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2013.

Interview Details Online application followed by a one on one interview. Usual questions that are asked in an interview. Easy if you know how to answer them. Common sense questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Business casual, nothing impressive.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected question if you know the most used interview question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked a fair pay and was given less.

Executive Technician Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2013.

Interview Details My interview was pretty fast and painless. I was there no longer than 10 minutes. It was a little bit confusing though because my interview was at 10:00AM and the door weren't open till 11AM. I had to walk to the back of the building by the dumpsters.

Interview Question – What do you need from me to be successful?
What is you're biggest weakness?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – What were you expecting to be paid?
$XX/HR
Well we usually start new hires at $XX/HR but there is plenty of opportunities to advance if you're serious about it.
I understand and I'm completely thrilled to have this opportunity to join your wonderful company but $XX/HR is really the lowest I can go.
Well we still have a few more people to interview but I'll give you a call and let you know either way.
Thank you I appreciate it!

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Front Line/Cashier

Interviewed at Dairy Queen

Interview Details Normal Questioning about yourself.

Interview Question – When was there a time you helped resolve a conflict?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flexible hours during school year.

Cashier/Cook Interview

Cashier/Cook

I applied in-person and interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details Came to store to pick up application for an interview, filled it out and got an interview a few months after they said they would interview me. The interview was in the store, very informal, but I still wore a suit and tie. The guy really didn't care what I was saying, and I was not hired. Found out a kid who went to my high school who's GPA was at least 2 points lower than mine got hired. So it's a crap shoot.

Interview Question – He actually used the "what kitchen appliance would you be?" Question. I had to try not to laugh.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in February 2014.

Interview Details I handed in my application in person and one month later I was called to set up an interview. The interview asked questions like how would your friends describe you, why should we hire you, basic questions like that. The manager said he would call me in 1-2 weeks to tell me if I got the job or not but they called to tell me I got the job just 4 days later.

Interview Question – Do you know any history about Dairy Queen?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dairy Queen

Worked for Dairy Queen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dairy Queen interview questions and advice. All 56 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Dairy Queen employees and interview candidates.