Dairy Queen Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015

1.9

Crew Member Interview

Interview

Simple basic interview questions, "Tell me about yourself, what does good customer service mean to you"
    Didn't need to press up that formal for the interview
    the interview was fairly short 15 minutes tops

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatham, ON

Interview

It was the easiest interview I've ever had. Maybe lasted 5 minutes, asked regular interview questions that come up on a Google search.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

I saw an ad on kijiji for a DQ job fair and attended. As I entered the location, I noticed there was a very long line into a single room. I waited for four hours until they finally got to me. When I entered the room, it was set up like American Idol. One long table with three interviewers, and one single chair for me in the middle of the room. Talk about pressure! So I sat down and they ran through a series of typical questions and it was very rushed. I could tell they just wanted to get everyone over with quickly. It lasted about 15 minutes, then I shook each of their hands and left.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from the crowd outside that door?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen (North Vancouver, BC) in March 2011.

Interview

I was notified by a friend who already worked at DQ about the job. I printed out my resume and a copy of the application on their website, handed it in that day, and was called for an interview for the following day. I went in for a short 1:1 interview, where my manager and I briefly talked about previous job experience, laws regarding breaks and paycheques, store policies, etc. I accepted the job and came in the next day for training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was not offered, but I accepted anyway because it was a great entry level job.

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough Township, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Scarborough Township, ON) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview wasn't like a traditional interview. It was more of a casual conversation you have with someone. The questions that were asked weren't about the job they just want to know more about you. During the interview they told me what I would be doing and what the policies were for the store. I got hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Edmonton, AB) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied there for my first job while in highschool and the supervisor had a 5 minutes interview with me on the spot and hired me. They asked me very basic questions such as where do you see yourself in the future? What are your hobbies? What do you dislike? They will hire almost everyone that applies. Just look clean and tidy.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Brampton, ON) in April 2010.

Interview

They hire early in the year in order to get staff ready for the summer. Usually 3-4 rounds of hiring. Get your resume in as quickly as possible because the stack ends up getting too large and it's the people who apply first who have a better chance.

When you come in to drop off your resume, smile and be nice to whoever you drop it off to. Staff makes a note on the resume based on first impression. If you aren't friendly or are too quiet/too outgoing, you won't be a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• Which is more important, promptness (speed of service) or courteousness (being nice to the customer)?   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Ottawa, ON) in March 2009.

Interview

I went to the local Dairy queen to fill out an application, and I was asked to have an interview on the spot. They just told me about the company and the responsibilities I would have, and then asked me about my availability and if I usually take summer vacations, as they are busiest in the summer. At the end of the interview, they offered me the job and told me they would call when I was to start working.

Interview Questions

• How often do you go on vacation?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

The interview is quiet standard as any other interview. Start with email, phone conversation and then one on one, face on face interview at the store. The questions involved past experience and personality.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

The interview lasted about a minute. I tried to explain my situation to him and he just said i can't hire you. It was not help full at all. He did not listen to me, as i tried to tell him i'd be old enough to work for him in a few weeks, but he just said to go.