Dairy Queen

Average Difficulty
64 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Scarborough Township, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in August 2010.

Interview Details The interview wasn't like a traditional interview. It was more of a casual conversation you have with someone. The questions that were asked weren't about the job they just want to know more about you. During the interview they told me what I would be doing and what the policies were for the store. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Chatham, ON

Interviewed at Dairy Queen

Interview Details It was the easiest interview I've ever had. Maybe lasted 5 minutes, asked regular interview questions that come up on a Google search.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Team Member

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details I saw an ad on kijiji for a DQ job fair and attended. As I entered the location, I noticed there was a very long line into a single room. I waited for four hours until they finally got to me. When I entered the room, it was set up like American Idol. One long table with three interviewers, and one single chair for me in the middle of the room. Talk about pressure! So I sat down and they ran through a series of typical questions and it was very rushed. I could tell they just wanted to get everyone over with quickly. It lasted about 15 minutes, then I shook each of their hands and left.

Interview Question – What makes you different from the crowd outside that door?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
North Vancouver, BC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2011.

Interview Details I was notified by a friend who already worked at DQ about the job. I printed out my resume and a copy of the application on their website, handed it in that day, and was called for an interview for the following day. I went in for a short 1:1 interview, where my manager and I briefly talked about previous job experience, laws regarding breaks and paycheques, store policies, etc. I accepted the job and came in the next day for training.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for DQ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not offered, but I accepted anyway because it was a great entry level job.

Food Server Interview

Food Server
Ottawa, ON

The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2009.

Interview Details I went to the local Dairy queen to fill out an application, and I was asked to have an interview on the spot. They just told me about the company and the responsibilities I would have, and then asked me about my availability and if I usually take summer vacations, as they are busiest in the summer. At the end of the interview, they offered me the job and told me they would call when I was to start working.

Interview Question – How often do you go on vacation?   View Answer

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details I was looking at job posting websites when I saw a job opening at Dairy Queen. I submitted an application online, and received a phone call the following Sunday to schedule an interview. I agreed to come in that same Sunday. I was interviewed by a manager who asked me basic questions (do you have a car, any experience, etc.)

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Dairy Queen in particular?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations- I would be paid minimum wage.

Duncanville, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online a few days I called and spoke with the manager he said if I didn't have a position in a week to call him back. I called backed a interview was set up.

Interview Question – The questions were easy in my opinion.   Answer Question

Head Cook Interview

Head Cook

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details Only one interview and simple questions such as "Do you have transportation?" and "Can you be reliable and able to work any shift?" questions like that. Very simple employment questions

Interview Question – There are not really any unexpected questions   Answer Question

Cashier/Crew Member Interview

Cashier/Crew Member
Fayette, MO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2014.

Interview Details Interview was pretty easy. Questions included future goals, how to handle angry customer, a math question about giving someone change, and how teachers or friends would describe you. The manager was nice enough and it only lasted about 10 minutes or less. I have a second interview scheduled for next week.

Interview Question – What area of yourself could use improvement?   View Answer

Team Member

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details I was phoned for an interview. It only took one interview, and the interviewer said this would probably be the easiest interview I would ever do. There weren't any difficult questions to answer, just the basic ones like, why do you want to work here, etc.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for us, the company?   Answer Question

Worked for Dairy Queen? Contribute to the Community!