Dairy Queen Interview Questions & Reviews

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2010.

I applied there for my first job while in highschool and the supervisor had a 5 minutes interview with me on the spot and hired me. They asked me very basic questions such as where do you see yourself in the future? What are your hobbies? What do you dislike? They will hire almost everyone that applies. Just look clean and tidy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scarborough Township, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough Township, ON

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in August 2010.

The interview wasn't like a traditional interview. It was more of a casual conversation you have with someone. The questions that were asked weren't about the job they just want to know more about you. During the interview they told me what I would be doing and what the policies were for the store. I got hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chatham, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatham, ON

It was the easiest interview I've ever had. Maybe lasted 5 minutes, asked regular interview questions that come up on a Google search.

No negotiation

Team Member Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

I saw an ad on kijiji for a DQ job fair and attended. As I entered the location, I noticed there was a very long line into a single room. I waited for four hours until they finally got to me. When I entered the room, it was set up like American Idol. One long table with three interviewers, and one single chair for me in the middle of the room. Talk about pressure! So I sat down and they ran through a series of typical questions and it was very rushed. I could tell they just wanted to get everyone over with quickly. It lasted about 15 minutes, then I shook each of their hands and left.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you different from the crowd outside that door?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2011.

I was notified by a friend who already worked at DQ about the job. I printed out my resume and a copy of the application on their website, handed it in that day, and was called for an interview for the following day. I went in for a short 1:1 interview, where my manager and I briefly talked about previous job experience, laws regarding breaks and paycheques, store policies, etc. I accepted the job and came in the next day for training.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was not offered, but I accepted anyway because it was a great entry level job.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2009.

I went to the local Dairy queen to fill out an application, and I was asked to have an interview on the spot. They just told me about the company and the responsibilities I would have, and then asked me about my availability and if I usually take summer vacations, as they are busiest in the summer. At the end of the interview, they offered me the job and told me they would call when I was to start working.

General Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

no real interview process, they call you ask you a few questions and its a yes or no. very lacking of structure and policies. they really have no upper management that knows how to interview or train, just a guy who got promoted by lack of other options a long time ago.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tomball, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

I applied in person on a Tuesday and they told me to come back Monday at 10 for an interview. The interview didn't even last 5 minutes and the manager got up to get me papers to fill out so I could start.
    When I finished a the papers, he looked them over to make sure I didn't miss anything and said he would call me to let me know when I start. I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks and then one of the other managers called me and asked me to come in the next day.
    I later found out that manager who had interviewed me, forgot to call me and the manager who finally called me had found my papers that were supposed to have been sent off and weren't.

Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

I was looking at job posting websites when I saw a job opening at Dairy Queen. I submitted an application online, and received a phone call the following Sunday to schedule an interview. I agreed to come in that same Sunday. I was interviewed by a manager who asked me basic questions (do you have a car, any experience, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Dairy Queen in particular?   View Answer
    No negotiations- I would be paid minimum wage.

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Duncanville, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Duncanville, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2014.

I applied online a few days I called and spoke with the manager he said if I didn't have a position in a week to call him back. I called backed a interview was set up.

Interview Questions

Worked for Dairy Queen? Contribute to the Community!