Daimler

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Daimler Career Trainee Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Daimler in January 2014.

Interview Details 1. E-mail Resume/Cover Letter
2. Interviewed by an intern. Asked a series of standard questions, while the intern fills out an application blank with your answers.
3. 25 - 30 min Online Assessment Test - 3 Types of Assessment ( Verbal Reasoning , Work Sample, Personality)
4. 2 hr Onsite Assessment Test - includes the same type of assessment questions as the online test, as well as questions that were not tested previous (eg. numerical assessment)
5. Full-day Assessment Centre

Interview Question – No particular difficult question during the 1st round of interview.   Answer Question

Career Trainee Interview

Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Daimler in June 2010.

Interview Details 3 stage process including an online aptitude test; a telephonic interview; a full day assessment center with case studies, presentation, group discussion, role play interview and personal interview.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Technical Engineer Interview

Senior Technical Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Daimler.

Interview Details Initial interview by HR vendor. Simple Q&A, basically just to confirm you are a human :)
Language interview in Japanese. Include incident email response simulation.
Technical interview directly by team lead.
Final result notification.

Interview Question – Interview itself is simple, but the quality of the telephone signal is not so good.
As long as you are a logical thinking person with relative knowledge, it should be fine.
  Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied in-person - interviewed at Daimler in July 2010.

Interview Details Very unfriendly and senceless questions

Interview Question – What would you do, if you have a Problem to find a solution?! Without any context...   Answer Question

Master Student Interview

Sindelfingen (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Daimler in January 2013.

Interview Details The interview was not in the technical sound, it was more general interview about my university and past experiences

Interview Question – There was no difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation phase for intern

Customer Relationship Management Intern Interview

Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Daimler in April 2013.

Interview Details Online Application through Daimler website, brief phone interview conducted within one week in English, offer of on-site interview following week. In person interview at Stuttgart HQ with direct supervisor and manager, both asked questions mainly about past work experience. First 40min in German then switched to English.

Interview Question – What is your all-time favorite Mercedes?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, standard 1000 euro/month internship stipend, and free access to the MB Museum

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Daimler in August 2013.

Interview Details Two phone screens, followed by an onsite. Very smooth.

Interview Question – No trick questions, just good honest evaluation of skill and personality fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Contract, so predetermined by contracting agency.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Daimler.

Interview Details Very simple, phone conversation than had a in person interview.

Interview Question – Most difficult question had to be when I was asked to analyze several outcomes on excel. Just be prepared to know all excel functions.   Answer Question

Internship At Daimler Interview

Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Daimler in April 2013.

Interview Details A month after I applied they emailed me to invite me directly to an on-site interview.

The 2 interviewers (Project Manager and a colleague) were friendly and talked a lot about the project - I think they talked more than I did, which was strange! There were a couple of typical questions about strengths/weaknesses and study choice, but above all they were interested in my knowledge of the industry and the sector I applied for. As I applied for a non-technical role, this was a bit of a surprise and I struggled to answer the questions.

Interview Question – What do you know about trucks?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Daimler in March 2010.

Interview Details Standard online applying. The documents will be check by human resources and submitted to the department or to the pool. After that if department is interesting to you you will be contact on the phone. After shot chat and some question about your previous experience they will invite you to interview. There department will introduce him self and ask you some question for better understanding you. Nothing special

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Daimler? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Daimler interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Daimler employees and interview candidates.