Daimler

Updated 8 Dec, 2014

3.1

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Daimler in September 2014.

Applied on daimler website for internship position, after 4 weeks received an email and was invited to interview. Had to fly to Germany,but it was interesting . Had a in person interview with two people. They did not ask any difficult questions , was very comfortable and informative.

Intern Interview

2 rounds: Telephonic: Technical and Managerial. Questions about commercial vehicles and automobiles, projects and HR questions. If you choose Sales, marketing you may be asked about the reason for your preference

Senior Technical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Daimler.

Initial interview by HR vendor. Simple Q&A, basically just to confirm you are a human :)
    Language interview in Japanese. Include incident email response simulation.
    Technical interview directly by team lead.
    Final result notification.

Interview Questions
    • Interview itself is simple, but the quality of the telephone signal is not so good.
      As long as you are a logical thinking person with relative knowledge, it should be fine.

Answer Question

Daimler Career Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Daimler in January 2014.

1. E-mail Resume/Cover Letter
    2. Interviewed by an intern. Asked a series of standard questions, while the intern fills out an application blank with your answers.
    3. 25 - 30 min Online Assessment Test - 3 Types of Assessment ( Verbal Reasoning , Work Sample, Personality)
    4. 2 hr Onsite Assessment Test - includes the same type of assessment questions as the online test, as well as questions that were not tested previous (eg. numerical assessment)
    5. Full-day Assessment Centre

Interview Questions
    • No particular difficult question during the 1st round of interview.   Answer Question

Controlling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Daimler in November 2013.

Submission of the application via the online tool is a little bis lengthy, but just like for most other companies. After about 1,5 weeks I got invited for a telephone interview that took place a week after, so 2,5 weeks after my application. The telephone interview was directly with my later mentor and superior. The atmosphere was really nice, no stress questions, not much technical questions, more personal questions. I got the intern position then directly the next day.

Interview Questions
    • All was pretty standard, nothing much of a surprise ... why Daimler, why Controlling, personal success and failure stories, a lot of questions concerning my extracurricular activities.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, intern salary is fixed

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Daimler.

Very simple, phone conversation than had a in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question had to be when I was asked to analyze several outcomes on excel. Just be prepared to know all excel functions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Daimler in August 2013.

Two phone screens, followed by an onsite. Very smooth.

Interview Questions
    • No trick questions, just good honest evaluation of skill and personality fit.   Answer Question
    Contract, so predetermined by contracting agency.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Daimler in December 2012.

The interview was a conventional interview. It starts with an introduction about themselves and then you should interview yourselves and they will ask you to take them through your CV.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to sketch a process for baking a cake.   View Answer

DSP Student Partnership Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Daimler.

AC: Self Presentation including a given picture; Construction Task: Build a functional, cost-effective Truck (Paper..); Case-Study

Digital Marketing Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Daimler in April 2011.

Got to know about this job from a job agency. The interview was arranged fairly quickly. Met up with the senior marketing executive and the marketing manager. They were nice and polite but did not seem to be very digital savvy. The office is big and spacious, wear formal.