DaVita Facility Administrator Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2014

2.8

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Facility Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at DaVita in June 2014.

Spoke with a recruiter, who then had me take an online test. Make sure you have a calculator handy. The test asks about scheduling and ordering of supplies, and how would you handle various scenarios as a manager. Easy enough test. I then interviewed with the regional operations director, then the group facility administrator, I still have another interview scheduled.

Interview Questions
  • They wanted to know why I wanted to work for Davita since I have so much experience in another field.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DaVita

Facility Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DaVita in August 2010.

Two phone interviews (Recruiting, and Regional Director), then an in-person interview with the Regional Director and People Services Manager, which led to an interview with the Division Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • Which of our core values is most important to you?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate in the very beginning, but once we reached the level of the Regional Director, the pay rate was set.

Facility Administrator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at DaVita.

I am still going through the process and will come back and post as the process continues. I spoke to a leadership recruiter who was very nice and seemed eager to have me succeed. The quoted salary was ridiculously low for the responsibilities but she indicated if I interviewed well, they might eb able to offer more. After 2 brief telephone chats I was scheduled for the online assessment and then scheduled for an interview with a facility hiring manager (not the facility I applied for).

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment was odd so be prepared. There are some scheduling questions, math/calculation questions, logics. Most of these can be done using a calculator and reading the graph, chart. There are grids asking about staff/patient ratios that you have to interpret. This section is timed and the questions are not always clear. You have enough time (I finished with 20 mins to spare), so think, breathe and go slowly. There is a timer. The next set of questions are behavioral: how do you make decisions, are you a leader/follower, are you a team player etc. For these the "desired" answers are pretty obvious.   Answer Question

Facility Administrator Interview

The whole process was very long...it sometimes took weeks between steps. I was also asked to travel very far for an interview (2+ hours away) and then sat through 2 panels that asked essentially all the same questions. The interview also consisted of many very personal questions that didn't seem to relate to the job.

Facility Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DaVita.

First received a phone interview which covered basic questions. I was then sent a timed test to complete. Questions ranged from managing 'bed counts' at a hospital to scenario based questions with teammates. I presume the purpose was to gauge how effective I was at managing obstacles while also evaluating my management style. Once completed, I was scheduled for a phone interview with the ROD. After passing that phase, I entered the last phase of the process which was an interview with the ROD and HR Director.

Interview Questions
    • On the test...a question surrounded scheduling delivery trucks at the loading dock of a hospital. given the fact that I was applying for an administrative position at a clinic, I couldn't see to correlation   Answer Question
    Initially, I was not given an offer as I was told they preferred to go with an RN.

Facility Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at DaVita in January 2009.

Initial communication was through a networking connection. I interviewed with a Group Facility Administrator and a Regional Operations Director in training. I next interviewed with the Regional Operations Director and the Human Resources Manager. The third interview was with the Divisional Vice President, members of the clinic team, and the onsite physician.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all standard situational questions   Answer Question

Facility Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at DaVita in October 2012.

Lengthy and unorganized. The length could have been tolerated in order to ensure a good fit, however, senior management extremely unprofessionally by not following up with expected communication in a timely manner. Unclear and conflicting information was given frequently by several people. It seemed that they were unorganized and lacked good communication even amongst themselves and this was very evident.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, however, the company advertises a stellar work environment in terms of culture and values that they deemed critical to employment yet was not followed by senior management at all.   Answer Question
    negotiations were reasonable but nothing was followed through on after hire. In fact, they made it quite difficult to perform your job duties due to the unorganized manner of their training and the unwillingness of senior management to intervene and/or resolve those difficulties.

Facility Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at DaVita.

Applied online for a Facility Administrator position. I was first contacted by email by a recruiter to set up a phone interview.

The interview went well. There were the standard questions and a time to ask questions, the recruiter was able to answer most of them since she was in good contact with the hiring manager. The interview took about 25 minutes.

Facility Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DaVita in June 2010.

The recruiter I was interviewed by was superb, very professional and was able to "sell" the company to me. Rarely you enjoy an interview, but I did in every aspect of it. Great communication & follow-through, quick response and positive & professional attitude.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral interviews are heavily based on company mission, vision and core values. Know about DaVita before you'll interview, for all management positions be prepared to do an on-line assessment - critical thinking, good judgement, operations, decision making skills, talent management, finances, project & time management.   Answer Question
    Company always offers/presents the lowest salaries/rates possible, but is able & can pay well. I've negotiated nice salary, so no complaints, but several co-workers are below what I make.

Facility Administrator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at DaVita in August 2012.

Initially, a 45 minute phone interview by Corporate HR Leadership Recruiter
    Followed by a 50 minute face to face interview with the Regional Operations Director
    Then a face to face interview with the Group Facility Administrator that took almost an hour.
    Finally, I had a face to face interview with one of the other Facility Administrators, that took place at the clinic I was interviewing for. The interview was informal, she was doing her paperwork while "interviewing" me.

After all the interviews and three weeks later of hearing nothing, I received and e-mail saying they were "moving forward with more qualified candidates for the role".

My only gripe is after the numerous interviews, a phone call would have been the respectful thing to do.

Interview Questions
    • If you had an employee violate policy what would you do.   Answer Question

Worked for DaVita? Contribute to the Community!