DIRECTV Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 11 Mar, 2015
Updated 11 Mar, 2015

2.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I applied on their website then about 4 weeks later I was contacted via email to set up an appointment for a phone interview with a software engineer. The phone interview is about 30 minutes. The first 5-8 minutes was just talking about the program and telling them a little about myself. The remaining 22-25 minutes were somewhat technical as in the software engineer wanted me to talk about projects that I've done and if I struggled on some what was it on and how did I go on about to fix it. Then he asked what I learned so far and some technical brain teaser questions testing my knowledge of OOP and C++ in general.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult:
    "Implement a queue using a class defined for stack"

1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DIRECTV

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DIRECTV in November 2014.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at my campus job fair. Got an automated email from HR a month after to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted half an hour and was mostly behavioral, with two simple technical questions. At the end of the interview I was told that they'd schedule me another technical interview sometime in the next week, but I never heard back. I emailed them multiple times and they never responded. 2 months later I got an automated email saying that I've been rejected/they're looking for other candidates. The fact that they promised me an interview and backed out on it made this overall a negative experience.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

Interview

Interviewed by Senior Software Engineer, mainly behavioral questions: How do you work in a team? Why DIRECTV? Talk about your projects. etc. Interview was around 30 min. Second interview will be more oriented to where you would fit.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DIRECTV (Boise, ID (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

Very easy interview

Negotiation