DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct, 2014
Updated 26 Oct, 2014

2.6

Software Development Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

A staffing agency interviewed me and setup a 30 minute phone interview with DirecTV. After my phone interview, I was brought in for an onsite interview. I was told to set aside 3 hours for my onsite interview and it took approximately 2 hours to answer questions from 3 different team members. I thought I was going to be bombarded with questions, but I believe the interview process was also making sure I wanted to fit in the culture of the team as well, which made for a refreshing interview environment.

Software Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

First interview was non technical, they wanted to know about you as a person and how you would solve problems that occur in a team. second one was only technical, I talked to IOS developper and an Android developer. Both interviews were through Skype.

Interview Questions
    • Specific details about everything on your resume even if it was done a few years ago   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I was found by a headhunter. Had an interview with human resources, then with my direct boss, and finally with the VP of the area. There were also personality tests and psychological test, but nothing out of the ordinary.

No negotiation

Senior Principal Analyst Interview

Ad hoc , depend on department. You will meet with multiple directors and some architects. Architects have different backgrounds and have different questions for you. Not very technical though only ask common high level questions.

Staff Engineer (Contractor) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

The position was applied through 3rd party (Staffing agency). The process took about 2 to 3 weeks. I had phone interview first then on-site interview with other team members. Both interviews were not long. I believe the process has been change since my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Phone Interview question - "How would you test the pen?" Group Interview - "ask to write sample Java code and explain"   Answer Question

Installation Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DIRECTV.

I applied online and did the virtual job and passed. 2 weeks later received a call from recruiter to see if I was still interested and then was told I was gonna receive a couple phone interviews from three other members of management. After the third interview I was scheduled for a panel interview where I presented myself and my skills of working in the electrical construction field. Then finally was offered the position and scheduled training.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a situation of a upset customer.   View Answer

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at DIRECTV in September 2014.

Recruiter contacted me about position. I sent her my resume and she said one of the copywriters would like to have a phone interview. The phone interview was about a half hour. Person hiring me was friendly. Very interested in my experiences in my current company, and also interested in my experience with promoting a product or service through multiple stages of a promotion.

Interview Questions
    • A little unexpected: If I revised as I wrote, or wrote a bunch and revised later.   View Answer

Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in September 2014.

HR Recruiter hard to get ahold of. Contacted me one week and i had to called 3-5 times a day for a week or so to get in touch with her. But after, Positive and outgoing interviewers. A pleasant and uplifting experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you face and overcame ambiguity   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in September 2014.

I received an email 2 days after I applied for a phone interview and then got my face to face interview the next day. I got a tour of the building and where everything was and was offered a job at the end.

Interview Questions
    It was simple, no negotiation needed, they made me a great offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Very quick hiring process. I received a phone call within 72 hours of submitting my application. One face to face interview with the position being offered at the end of the interview. Typical entry level interview questions. Human Resources rep does a great job laying out the specifics for the position and what is expected of you.

No negotiation.