D&B

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Internship Interview

Analyst Internship

Interviewed at D&B

Interview Details Phone interview with typical screening questions.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at D&B in March 2013.

Interview Details I sent my resume and heard back for a phone interview. Next would be onsite interviews. The recruiter was really friendly but she didn't ask any questions it was just me talking about myself and filling time since she was vague about what she asked and then filled me in on the position details.

Interview Question – It was all behavioral basically just tell me about youself   Answer Question

New Account Acquisition Specialist Interview

New Account Acquisition Specialist

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details Phone interview, then 2 rounds of personal interviews, mirror an employee for 2 hours, then find out the are hiring about eveerryone

Interview Question – nothing all pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, just take it or leave it

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in August 2009.

Interview Details Written Test to test writing skills - A topic was provided to be prepared from home.
This was followed by F2F interview

Interview Question – Nothing specific   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation as I was at start of my career

Manager, Learning and Development Interview

Manager, Learning and Development
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at D&B in February 2013.

Interview Details The Recruiter (Adecco) reached out to me via email. We had a brief phone conversation which lasted about 15 minutes. It was by far the shortest phone screen I've had, and the strangest. The Recruiter was very monotone and had no enthusiasm in her tone. She asked me one question "tell me about your work history"... and as I spoke, I did not hear a single peep from her. She did not ask any followup questions or show any auditory signs that she was even listening. I did stop to ask her if she had any questions and she would just say 'no.' I continued to speak until I had covered my entire resume. At that time, she abruptly ended the call and said she would be in touch next week. As a representative of D&B, I expected her to be much more upbeat, interesting and interested. I hung up the phone and felt I did NOT want to work there. She clearly was an unhappy and unmotivated person - regardless if she works for Adecco or D&B.

Two weeks later I received a canned email that they were pursuing candidates with more specific qualifications. That was fine by me!

Interview Question – She only asked 1 question, "tell me about your work history"...   Answer Question

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Executive Administrative Assistant
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in November 2012.

Interview Details Dull, boring, like pulling teeth with the recruiter. One word answers, indifferent, couldn't be bothered attitude. Everything and everyone disturbed her.

Interview Question – Why are you in the job market when you already have a job. I responded to this prior.   View Answer

Debt Collection Interview

Debt Collection
Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B in February 2013.

Interview Details 1 got a call interview, asked few questions like " how much do u know about DNB and the position", got short listed, then gave a date for formal interview
 2 the interview was fun. Did self introduction, and did group marketing sort of actives with other candidates. Then went though call making exercise with other candidates. After that, got a writing assessment. Before we go, also got form of police check and credit check. Forgot mention, also got a one on one formal interview with one of the HR person. The whole process took 3hours.

Interview Question – Practise of call making was a bit unexpected, and but was lot of fun. I missed out some keep point that needed to be mention during the practise, but just hoping they will look away from it, and give me another chance to prove I have got what they want. Anyway, I have not hear from them so far.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have not hear from them at this point, but I hope they will accept me. Basically, I am still waiting for the "call" from them, fingers cross.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Newark, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in August 2012.

Interview Details Recruiter reached out via linked in. I had a quick screen and I found the recruiter to be professional, polite and clearly someone who believed in D&B as a company. Her questions were general and were focused on making sure that I was up to speed on expectations and that I felt the opportunity was worth pursuing. I had three follow-up interviews and the feedback I received was very positive and after each interview I was told that I would be moved forward in the process. However, after the third despite being told that I would be moved forward D&B did not get back in touch. I followed up after 2 weeks and was told that they had decided to move in another direction.

Interview Question – The questions were all behavioral and as such they were not difficult. That said I was not offered a position so...take my assessment with a grain of salt.   Answer Question

Credit Advisor Interview

Credit Advisor
Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at D&B in March 2008.

Interview Details Pre screened with headhunter. Apt. for interview, with team lead, then when done with that interview, sent to another office to interview with another team lead. Notified of offer next day, with training schedule.

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Spring Intern, Java Developer Interview

Spring Intern, Java Developer
Malibu, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at D&B in October 2012.

Interview Details The interview was on site in Malibu and they began with behavioral questions such as tell me something about yourself, have u seen the D&B website, what do u know about D&B, what struck you as exciting in the website, they went over my resume, my projects, my experience. Then they started the technical interview which was based on pair programming. I was with another candidate and both of us together as a team had to answer the questions. The questions were related to core concepts of java: abstract classes intefaces, oop concepts, and database queries. At the end I was allowed to ask some questions....

Interview Question – Questions about database queries and depth of knowledge and technologies in JAVA. They wanted experience with Spring and Hibernate and agile.   Answer Question