D&B Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B.

The worst experience I had with the interviewer. He could not speak proper English but was trying to dominate. Asked some what is this questions.

Account Manager Interview

multiple people interview ..common interview nothing to highlight

no negotiations

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B in June 2013.

Had an initial phone screen and was moved along in the process based on my background. Scheduled an in person interview with three senior managers in Short Hills, NJ.

The entire in person interview process was laborious and interviewers seemed totally indifferent and uninterested - almost as if they had already hired another individual and were just going through the motions. It was by far the worst interviewing experience of my career. I even probed the usual questions: what would be your best candidate, what personality types fit in, how do you know you've hired the right person, etc. Nothing - monotoned interviewers. I left knowing that I didn't get the position and was utterly relieved when I got the rejection notice the next day. C'mon team: let's be professional;

Sales (Austin, Texas) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at D&B in April 2013.

Hiring process intro: Phone Screening to come in
    On-site Interview: Waiting room wait of 10 mins then two person interview at same time.

Companies really don't realize that having really unprofessional people interview really makes you have negative connotations about that company for a long time.

The woman who interviewed me made it clear within me interviewing for 2 minutes that my resume had "red flags" haha I graduated in 2009 when the recession hit and I have a BBA in Marketing .. . I assumed she had no idea what a recession is. I've had 100/dial phone jobs with great closing ability and I've set up appointments with some of the biggest companies in the world (none of which was ever brought up ie wells fargo,apple,harley davison,bank of the west,best buy C-Level executives etc etc). I ran through my resume continuing to prove to her every role and responsibility I had with respect to output and good effort. They made me do a phone interview in which I knew I did well but from the start of this woman's attitude I no longer felt good vibes. Finishing the interview only made me laugh more because it showed how unprofessional and completely judgmental they were without understanding the concept of recessions/newly grads/training/and over-all business in general... . the woman who scowled at my BBA degree in Business Marketing from a credited top-tier Business School had worn socks the whole time she was walking around the company floor. Goes to show how unprofessional D&B Austin,Texas office is. The woman told me I would hear back from someone and I never did in which I am so glad I never let any of those robots phase me (please apply if you are ok with that). Completely a waste of time & not to mention the low pay with respect to the Austin,Texas popular housing bubble would leave most with $300 'Discretionary Income'. It's obvious when companies get so big they can free-up hiring on people interviewing you in socks who probably have a general studies degree who frown on people with Business Degrees who actually study Business/Trends. Don't interview if you are a serious business professional who plans to do something great with your BBA Degree. Proceed with caution and never let people like that disrespect you regarding something you know you can do.

Senior Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at D&B.

Recruiter Interview; Phone Interview with Hiring Manager; 1:1 Interview with Hiring Manager and Presentation to Hiring Mgr three AVPs or VP in region.

Interview Questions
    It was better than I was making so no negotiation took place

Analyst Internship Interview

Phone interview with typical screening questions.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at D&B in March 2013.

I sent my resume and heard back for a phone interview. Next would be onsite interviews. The recruiter was really friendly but she didn't ask any questions it was just me talking about myself and filling time since she was vague about what she asked and then filled me in on the position details.

Interview Questions
    • It was all behavioral basically just tell me about youself   Answer Question

New Account Acquisition Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at D&B.

Phone interview, then 2 rounds of personal interviews, mirror an employee for 2 hours, then find out the are hiring about eveerryone

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, just take it or leave it

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in August 2009.

Written Test to test writing skills - A topic was provided to be prepared from home.
    This was followed by F2F interview

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation as I was at start of my career

Manager, Learning and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at D&B in February 2013.

The Recruiter (Adecco) reached out to me via email. We had a brief phone conversation which lasted about 15 minutes. It was by far the shortest phone screen I've had, and the strangest. The Recruiter was very monotone and had no enthusiasm in her tone. She asked me one question "tell me about your work history"... and as I spoke, I did not hear a single peep from her. She did not ask any followup questions or show any auditory signs that she was even listening. I did stop to ask her if she had any questions and she would just say 'no.' I continued to speak until I had covered my entire resume. At that time, she abruptly ended the call and said she would be in touch next week. As a representative of D&B, I expected her to be much more upbeat, interesting and interested. I hung up the phone and felt I did NOT want to work there. She clearly was an unhappy and unmotivated person - regardless if she works for Adecco or D&B.

Two weeks later I received a canned email that they were pursuing candidates with more specific qualifications. That was fine by me!

Interview Questions
    • She only asked 1 question, "tell me about your work history"...   Answer Question