D&B Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
66 interviews

2.8

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at D&B in August 2014.

I was intimated about a walk-in by a consultancy. It was at 10 AM . At 10:15 they started a written test for 1 hour within the bay.The questions were ambiguous and the pictures they had given were vague and not printed with good quality. After the test, they started verifying the answer, I could hear the persons talking while correcting the paper and it seemed that most of them did not know the answers to the questions and were struggling to verify the papers!. I lost any good impressions I had about the company. As I passed the written test, I faced a technical interview, which was also okay, but was told that if i were selected I would have to stretch times on most days. After I passed this level, I had a meeting with the manager who told me that it had a 8 hour culture, which confused me. After this round I had a meeting with the HR manager. After asking all details, he said he would get back to me on the next day and it has not happened and now it is few days later.

Interview Questions
    • If two persons in your team are performing equally good how will you rate them during the appraisal process   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Two Technical rounds [Logically solving program] and technical discussion explaining about the projects done and questions related to that and last meet VP for further discussion. They check how technically sound you are, how verbally and confidentially you are.

Was Good Money, But Too Stressful Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at D&B in April 2010.

I was contacted via telephone by an HR rep for the company who worked out of New Jersey. I was then asked to interview at the Tucson office. The interview process was not very stressful and I was asked the general questions like "tell me a time when...".

Predictive Modeler Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at D&B.

There was a brief phone interview that lasted about half an hour which was followed by an onsite interview with a few members of their team and then a one hour presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked more business-related questions than I was expecting when applying for a statistics job.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sandyford (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Sandyford (Ireland)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at D&B.

A technical interview with a chat about past works. Then some architecture questions on REST, SOAP, core Java. Everything normal and easy. An exercise on blackboard to reverse a String in Java.

Interview Questions
    • I still don't know this one. Would you structure your application to take benefits when it is being deployed in Cloud rather than hardware?   View Answer

Risk Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at D&B in November 2011.

The interviews took over 2 months and included an aptitude test, personality test and a mock sales presentation. I didn't get any indication where I ranked until the end of those two months. Overall it wasn't a bad experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage your weaknesses in tough situations with team members or clients?   Answer Question
    Positive experience during negotiation phase

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Horrible recruiting process. Very little personal connection and the video interview was ridiculous. Pro forma, canned questions that did not allow for any variance from the script. HR rep was borderline rude.

Interview Questions
    • None of the canned questions was difficult to answer, but the video interview was ludicrous. It did not allow for any interaction, which is crazy when it was for a Communications position.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager National Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Allentown, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at D&B.

Recruiter reached out to me based on an old resume for a position in a different location, after speaking realized I was a better fit for a different (more lucrative position).

Interview Questions
    I was very young, and didn't try to negotiate as it was significantly more than I was making at the time.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in September 2011.

Very positive and proactive approach. It was clear that D&B wanted to hire from the beginning

Interview Questions
    • Do you believe you will fit into our culture, highly competitive and performance oriented   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate $10K increase in salary

Multi-Lingual Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at D&B in October 2010.

Via an agency. Very good preparation by agency before the interviews with the company.
    Friendly athmosphere, relaxed, straight forward. Mainly talking about stages of CV in detail.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, but they were checking enthusiasm for the company   View Answer
    No room for negotiation about salary. Start date was flexible.

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!