Cummins Engineering Interview Questions

Updated 1 May, 2014
Updated 1 May, 2014

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoughton, WI (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoughton, WI (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins in April 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter about a contract position with Cummins Filtration. The position required a working knowledge of Pro/E Creo. I interview in person and was shown a presentation about what the facility did, and I was shown an example of the type of projects I would be working on if I were to be hired. They asked me about my experience with Pro/E. I also described a design project I worked on in some detail. There weren't many behavioral interview questions. That might have been because it was a contract position that needed to be hired asap to do mostly modeling. After my interview I was given a part to model in Creo. The engineer and the HR individual who interviewed me were amicable.

Interview Questions
  • I was given an injected molded part and a caliper, and I was asked to model it to the best of my ability in a 30 minute period.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in March 2014.

Applied the job online,got an email regarding the steps of the interview.1st interview was behavioral interview....aced it. 2nd interview was technical interview with a panel of two people.

Interview Questions
    • What are the peripherals for the Cruise Control of a car?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins.

Initially they will call you and take behavioral interview. Second round is a technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the things which you thought I should ask and I didn't ask?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

The "process", like all Cummins' processes is like a poorly planned game show with almost a complete lack of necessary verbal communications. There are lots of hoops and paperwork that lead up to several rounds of "interviews" that are structured to be both intimidating and confrontational. Unfortunately, I ignored many of these Red Flags for the lure of a better salary. It was not worth it.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. The participants obviously had been "assigned" the task of interviewing and had no genuine interest. Therefore, "the game" was simply to ask seemingly random or "canned" questions aimed more at trying to highlight the dominance of the interviewer.   Answer Question
    Negotiation? Are you kidding?

Engineer Interview

The process included a phone interview along with a in person panel interview.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

I first spoke with their recruiters during the career fair in my college. I was invited to interview with them the next day. The interview was behavioral and the recruiter noted my answers. He said they would be getting back to me regarding the next steps in a week. I did not get my second interview till after a month , there were some miss communication and I was even rejected once. So don't be surprised if things don't necessarily fall according to their timeline.

I was then called for a functional interview and was asked to go through my resume, this was a phone interview. It lasted about an hour and was given 15 mins to ask questions. I was then contacted with an offer after about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral, resume questions. Nothing extraordinary.   Answer Question
    Pretty much non negotiable, but they make really good offers in the first place. Start date is very flexible for new grads as well.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Phone interview then offer directly through email.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult. Mostly why you want to do this job?   View Answer
    Most likely non negotiable

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cummins in September 2012.

Behavioral interview with two interviewers, they went through 5 to 6 standard questions to you and let you ask one question about the company

Interview Questions
    • tell me what you did in a situation where some body gave you can project without clear guidance   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in February 2012.

Applied through university. Within the same week , I was emailed by the recruiting team and it was a bunch of behavioral questions. The next week I was interviewed by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • When you present in front of people, how do u make sure that they understand what you are saying?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN (US)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins in November 2011.

Phone interview, ask about yourself, experiences, why choose Cummins