Cubic Interview Questions

Updated 17 Mar, 2015
Updated 17 Mar, 2015

2.4

Cash Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cubic.

Interview

Was called within a couple weeks by the HR to set up a face-to-face interview. Met three people: the HR and two who I would be reporting to, one by one. But before any interview, the HR covered the benefits first. The whole interview took about an hour, and I was shown around the building. It was an overall a pleasant experience. I knew I wouldn't get the job as soon as one of the higher people expressed concerned that I never took a business class. Received a rejection email the day after the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Somewhat casual interview with the team you would be working with. They just went down my resume asking questions about what was on it and any projects I have done along with how my experience went. Discussed group projects also what was the biggest project I have ever worked on.

Associate Program Financial Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cubic.

Interview

I was emailed for a interview. Met with HR who asked normal HR questions then had an interview with 2 others who asked more technical questions about excel and my resume.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cubic (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

After applying I was emailed with an online form to fill out detailing past work experience, education, and citizenship.

Received a call shortly after to set up an interview.

Interview was at the facility. Three to four engineers ask you general questions about your resume. A couple of behavioral and situation questions but nothing too technical. They were very friendly.

current position paid more

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cubic.

Interview

I applied online using my university career website. I had the on campus interview. In which i was asked OOP questions and later was asked to do a written problem on paper. That was the only interview. Got a job offer the following day. However Only gave me one week to accept the offer.

ArcSight Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cubic in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process has been relatively painless so far, and similar to my experience with other corporations. The application was done online through the corporate website after seeing the job posted on a popular job listing site. Application included, of course, uploading a resume. I was contacted after about a week for scheduling an interview. The interview was conducted by phone and lasted about 25 minutes. There was discussion of my past experience, current situation, what the position would entail and a brief overview of the project. About a week later I received an offer, which was satisfactory and met my personal requirements. I would call it a fair offer -- not overly generous -- but good in light of the current economic environment, government contracting, etc. My advice to job seekers is to craft a good resume. I recently retired from the military, so have limited experience with the civilian 'corporate' world, job hunting, etc. Initially, I used a resume service that assisted in writing a resume which successfully 'translated' my military experience into language that would be clearly understood by civilian employers. I have used that initial resume as a foundation for subsequent resumes, and it has served as a successful instrument for me. Also, be truthful. Don't embellish, but sell yourself and your capabilities. For instance, and this is from personal experience, an employer just might be more interested in qualities, capabilities, and experiences that you have which might be best described as tangential to the position, e.g., a computer programmer with foreign language skills, a systems engineer with a background in intelligence collection. You never know where your experience, education, and skills might take you. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular. Everything was straight forward and not overly technical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a delayed start date.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cubic.

Interview

Interview with HR and Hiring manger, which is typical. The process can be slow. Interview with the hiring manager was very direct. None of the typical "If you were stranded on an island" kind of questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Went to interview at plant as scheduled by HR intern. Went to interview 10 min ahead of time set. 35 min later, HR rep (not intern) appeared and told me intern scheduled wrong day and asked to re sked for following day. Next day, went in as scheduled. HR rep seemed agitated as though I was an inconvenience. Following that engaging experience, went on daisy chain of interviews from office to office. Learned that interviewers were not sure what the role's responsibilities were of the position I was interviewing for. Interviews were more conversational than behavioral based. At end of interview, I was escorted back to reception space and essentially dismissed. I had previously mapped my quals to their specific reqmts, so they knew I was qualified. Never heard back from anyone in the company. After 2 weeks and no feedback from Cubic, I learned from a contact within the company who had referred me, that no one who had been interviewed was going to be selected... Essentially they were window shopping for the purple squirrel. Their actions spoke louder than words, am happy in retrospect I dodged that bullet. Knowing what I know now, would not work there.

Interview Questions

Cubic Response

Oct 23, 2014Talent Acquisition Specialist

Greatly apologize for the interview scheduling issues, and demeanor of your HR interviewer. We take candidate experience very seriously, please feel free to reach out to me directly if you see an ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

There were two people interviewing me. One of them is a software department manager. He asked me basic backgrounds and projects I did in school. He also asked me if I have questions for him

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes one integer and can determine whether that integer is power of 2.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. I am expecting a follow up call and possible in-person interview. The interviewer gave me general talking points and expected me to expand on them and relate them to my coursework and individual projects. I was doing most of the talking for the 30 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain the benefits of different types of search trees. Explain binary search, including time complexity and specialty cases. Explain inheritance in C++ and how virtual methods work.   Answer Question