Crowe Horwath

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting/Financial Consultant Interview

Accounting/Financial Consultant
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in March 2014.

Interview Details Met the recruiter at a career fair on campus. Got a call for a phone interview a month later. Proceeded to final round at the Crowe office in Chicago, for an interview with a manager and a partner. It took a really long time to hear back (about 2-3 weeks after the interview).

Interview Question – Can you explain to me what kind of role you typically play in a group setting?   Answer Question

Business Valuations - Associate Interview

Business Valuations - Associate
Oak Brook, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in June 2011.

Interview Details You will be screened through a phone interview at first. If you are selected for a 2nd round, you will have a 3 hour face to face interview with with various people in the group. You will likely see an MD, Director, Manager & Senior Associate. Most likely you will have 2 or 3 people at a time.

Interview Question – Explain how discounted cash flow works   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
DeKalb, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2013.

Interview Details Interviewed on our campus, received a call from the director the next day and was offered a position. She told me that I would be a great fit and that I would work in the oak brook office. The Partners were friendly and seemed like really good people. I am naturally a good interviewer so I did not have any problems. If you are shy or not so good, speak up, think through your answers and you will rock. Good luck!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you questioned a authority figure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Technically I have yet to accept it but I am pretty sure I am going to accept. Not negotiating, I know how much friends were offered by the firm, I am happy if I am offered what they were offered.

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Oak Brook, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in April 2011.

Interview Details The interviews were easy, they need to hire competent people and will ask you to describe skills, experiences, projects, etc. Know your game and you will get through it. I knew more than the technical interviewers, so was actually fun. Background check was extremely thorough, any skeletons in the closet will be found if you aren't professional.

Interview Question – My interview was so easy, there was not a difficult or unexpected question although the onsite interview took a full day.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, they had a range with a limit, I asked for the limit and got it.

Software Developer/Consultant Interview

Software Developer/Consultant
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in December 2011.

Interview Details No technical interview. The entire interview process is behavior based. Its a consulting company, so they want people that will perform well in front of clients.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions. Just try to be as cool as you possibly can.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2012.

Interview Details Two 30 minute behavioral interviews. "Describe a time when you did xyz" "Describe a time when you had to deal with a time challenge" "Describe a time when you had to work in a team" Interviewers were an HR person and an actual manager for the position I was interviewing for

Interview Question – They were all pretty much the same level of difficulty, all the "Describe a time when ... " quesitons   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in February 2012.

Interview Details Obtained interview through informational interview with Partners.

Interview Question – Why do you enjoy Auditing?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Oak Brook, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in May 2012.

Interview Details Moves slowly as there are several layers of interviews. First there is a phone interview with an HR type person, then you will have another phone interview with a manager. Finally, you will have multiple in person interviews with several of the senior managers and partner. I applied online for an open position through the Crowe website. However, I have referred several canidates through our referral program and its generally an easier process if you know someone within the company that can refer you.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation you encounterd and how did you soove the problem?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really isnt much of a negotiation. The partner calls you with the offer and either you accept or ask for more money. Typically, they do a good job of giving you what they think is fair.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in January 2013.

Interview Details Initial contact was made via email and a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview was more detailed than most and lasted approximately 30 minutes. After about a week, I was invited in for an interview. Interviews we scheduled with all department head and his managers. Everyone was pleasant.

Interview Question – Many behavioral interview questions, which I liked, but some of them didn't seem to pertain to a support position.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath.

Interview Details Initial campus interview/phone interview with recruiter; second round interview with associate and manager; last round interview with multiple team members followed by interviews with managers and partners. All were 1 on 1.

Interview Question – In what ways have you worked to grow and expand your professional network?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The compensation package was competitive and acceptable as presented.

Worked for Crowe Horwath? Contribute to the Community!