Credit Suisse

Relevance Date Difficulty

Equity Research Associate - Mining Interview

Equity Research Associate - Mining
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2012.

Interview Details The interview consisted of two different one-on-one meetings. The first one was with the analyst that was looking to hire. He asked me numerous questions related to finance, testing my knowledge of both valuation techniques as well as global markets. He then asked me to put myself in a number of different hypothetical workplace related situations ranging from dealing with internal colleagues to client relations. The second meeting was with the department head. He also tested my knowledge of finance but rather than asking questions with right and wrong answers, they were more of the 'see how he explains himself' variety and resulted in a more fluid debate/conversation rather than a rapid fire of questions. The whole process lasted about 2.5 hours.

Interview Question – How would you rate the relative importance of your relationship with the following 3 different types of clients? Rate them from most important to least important and tell me why: 1) the companies that you cover, 2) institutional investors, 3) the internal sales and trading desk.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was asked back for a second interview but while waiting to hear back, I had been offered a position at another firm which I was more interested in and had accepted. Note that I was not formally offered a position, only a second interview.

Trading Analyst Interview

Trading Analyst
Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2011.

Interview Details First round I interviewed with a MD. One MD in the first round kept explaining to me why CS is better than RBC. Very personable. I interviewed with another MD in the final round. The interview was really short and I BSed a bunch of stuff. It was really fake that the MD could tell. Did not get the offer.

Interview Question – Do you trade stocks   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Accountant Interview

Accountant

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2009.

Interview Details It was very technical. Excel questions, questions on fixed income derivatives, brain teasers. Behavioral questions on past experiences. How would I react in certain situations. Stress interviews. Interviewed in group of 2. Took out notebook computer and pencil and paper for me to answer questions. Very hard.

Interview Question – Derive black-scholes equation using random walk assumption.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Structured Products - Quantitative Strategies () Interview

Structured Products - Quantitative Strategies ()

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details Online test, Phone interview, 5 interviews with RH and the whole team.
1 specialist in math - asking simple math questions
3 specialist in structured products - asking complicated question about structured products
1 specialist in IT - asking to write a code and to understand a C++ script
1 HR

Interview Question – Simple Math equations such as Integration of lnx from 0 to 1. Or the proof of sum(k^2).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Relationship Manager - Summer Associate Interview

Relationship Manager - Summer Associate
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2014.

Interview Details You need to prepare a cover letter and VC, do it as serious as u can, without these, you won't be able to stand out to get an interview. For the first round, cs will invite candidates to their office, there will be briefing in the morning, following by group case study, then lunch social networking, 1 on 1 interview usually is in the afternoon. The whole process, from you walking into the building, is assessed. Do walk like a banker, talk like a banker and act like a banker.

Interview Question – No. CS questions are not very sharp, all are generally questions,   Answer Question

Temenos GLOBUS/T24 Technical Consultant, Technical Specialist Interview

Temenos GLOBUS/T24 Technical Consultant, Technical Specialist
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details Hiring process for my recent application to Credit Suisse began with an agency in Singapore processing my profile. They processed it for 35 days, then came back with the interview date fixed after another couple of weeks.

Interview was straight forward, pointing to my experience. However it was challenging at certain instances. Surprised that there were no scenario based questions for a banking/IT position. I was expecting the scenario based questions, but it was not asked.

Client expressed positive review in the interview. They even explained what they were up to. I only had to ask what would be the role and the career path from then on.

Interview Question – No difficult/unexpected questions, I was a past employee, I know things that are happening around in Credit Suisse.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pros: Excellent private banking client, setup has a standard across regions. CS always prefers past employees and contractors for any roles, as they already have a good idea of their setup. The knowledge you can gain from working with CS would definitely shape your career.

Cons: Mostly CS has budget issues and financial problems across Private Banking and Investment Banking. It is not encouraged to take up contract roles with CS, as it is the most vulnerable position at any CS office. I have seen 15 contractors(working with CS for over 4 yrs) getting fired on a single day, for cost-cutting reasons.

Things to watch: You must have good negotiating skills. If you are an experienced IT professional, and if it is your first interview with CS, only quote a market rate salary and benefits, nothing less. Do not negotiate unless they say it is very very difficult(They normally say, it is over our budget or something, then you can negotiate). Also, please check with them on the available benefits, currently they have removed most of the benefits for employees which were available in the past.

Since there would definitely be some cost-cutting across the IT sector, it is not advised to negotiate a lot on the expected financials. It is not worth it. You WILL get a pay cut or allowance cut sometime in the future, if you are with the same CS entity.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2014.

Interview Details I have consulted at Credit Suisse before and was going back for another contract. I have had great interviews with multiple people on several occassions. The people there are great- both intelligent and professional. On my last few interviews I was there number 1 choice, however they were required to go with and internal canidate due to budget constaints

Interview Question – name a situation where you over came adversity   Answer Question

Product Control Interview

Product Control

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details This is for the 6 month internship program for undergraduate. The interview process includes one round of competency based interview and one round of case study of 20mins discussion on a topic with 3 other interviewees and make a short presentation

Interview Question – what are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online for the summer technology analyst in NY. They were slow to reply. I had two interviews, both were behavioral. The first interview was a skype interview with one of the hiring managers. I was mostly asked behavioral questions and my passion for technology. i wasn't asked any algorithm and data structures question. I heard from the HR two days later and i was invited to NY for the final interviews. I was invited by Vice Presidents of three different departments. The interviews were mostly behavioral and there were no algorithms and data structures questions. The guys were slow in replying, they took more than 30 days, i think it's because they were interviewing so many people over three weeks. I ended up accepting an offer from another company whilst i was waiting. i was notified about the internship after i had already accepted another offer.

Interview Question – If we are to install a new software for managing accounts, would it be good to buy from vendors or just to make our own software locally?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had already accepted another offer. I also didn't feel like i was going to learn a lot from the internship and eventually consider CS my employer. I didn't want to end up coding in Visual Basic and Spread sheets.

Audit Interview

Audit

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2014.

Interview Details Went through an informal interview and spoke to several people about the role. Attained a view of the role from the former colleague conducting Audit points. Also discussed with hiring manager and senior management on the role and expectations.

Interview Question – The ability to adapt to a new enviroment and work style   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was fait

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!