Credit Suisse Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015

2.9

Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Super day interview with multiple rounds throughout the day. Presentation and tour of the building. Lunch interview as well. Behavioral, Technical and Skill based Questions. Huge pool of candidates for interview at sane point in time.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied online through the website and received a first round virtual interview. The interviewer was very friendly and relaxed, which helped make the interview a positive experience. The questions were all behavioral except for one question on my outlook for the markets and one question about the different financial statements. At the end, there was about 5 minutes to ask the interviewer my own questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced an ethical dilemma. How did you respond to it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (London, ON) in September 2014.

Interview

Online process with numerical and verbal resoning test , application ect, took me two weeks to get the interview. I had to give a cover letter and aswer some little questions on experience and give in my CV. I was asked to come for a whole day with 2 30min interviews and another 2 30min interview with a case study

Interview Questions

• mostly competency based questions and i wasn't very suprised.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate - Mining Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Toronto, ON) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of two different one-on-one meetings. The first one was with the analyst that was looking to hire. He asked me numerous questions related to finance, testing my knowledge of both valuation techniques as well as global markets. He then asked me to put myself in a number of different hypothetical workplace related situations ranging from dealing with internal colleagues to client relations. The second meeting was with the department head. He also tested my knowledge of finance but rather than asking questions with right and wrong answers, they were more of the 'see how he explains himself' variety and resulted in a more fluid debate/conversation rather than a rapid fire of questions. The whole process lasted about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate the relative importance of your relationship with the following 3 different types of clients? Rate them from most important to least important and tell me why: 1) the companies that you cover, 2) institutional investors, 3) the internal sales and trading desk.   1 Answer

I was asked back for a second interview but while waiting to hear back, I had been offered a position at another firm which I was more interested in and had accepted. Note that I was not formally offered a position, only a second interview.

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Toronto, ON) in February 2011.

Interview

First round I interviewed with a MD. One MD in the first round kept explaining to me why CS is better than RBC. Very personable. I interviewed with another MD in the final round. The interview was really short and I BSed a bunch of stuff. It was really fake that the MD could tell. Did not get the offer.

Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2009.

Interview

It was very technical. Excel questions, questions on fixed income derivatives, brain teasers. Behavioral questions on past experiences. How would I react in certain situations. Stress interviews. Interviewed in group of 2. Took out notebook computer and pencil and paper for me to answer questions. Very hard.

Interview Questions

• Derive black-scholes equation using random walk assumption.   Answer Question

Exempt Non Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

there were total 5 rounds - 4 of them local with 1 of them being practical questions round and 1 with onshore counterpart.

mostly questions were asked around your past experience and about the team you would be part of.

Interview Questions

• What are your career aspirations in next 5 years, type of work you are interested in doing.   Answer Question

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewer wasn't very encouraging, but no difficult questions were asked. There are 3 rounds of interview in total, first is 1:1, second is panel and final round is with the boss.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Very conversational. They seemed less interested in my specific background and more interested in my culture fit. Lots of questions about how I would work within their operating model and corporate structure. They were thorough in terms of having me meet as many people in person as possible. But lack of specifics on my past work makes me wonder whether they find the right skill-sets in the people they recruit.

Interview Questions

• What's your approach on build vs. buy?
      What's your approach on employees vs. contractors?

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

One OCR interview, superday in the office. People are nice during interviews, but the office environment may not be the greatest one in the industry. The interviews are not anything special, but they really want to know who you are! Study a bit about the firm's culture and tailor your story so that it fits what the firm is looking for.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral/technical questions. Some questions regarding current trend!   Answer Question