Credit Suisse

Relevance Date Difficulty

Equity Research Associate - Mining Interview

Equity Research Associate - Mining
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2012.

Interview Details The interview consisted of two different one-on-one meetings. The first one was with the analyst that was looking to hire. He asked me numerous questions related to finance, testing my knowledge of both valuation techniques as well as global markets. He then asked me to put myself in a number of different hypothetical workplace related situations ranging from dealing with internal colleagues to client relations. The second meeting was with the department head. He also tested my knowledge of finance but rather than asking questions with right and wrong answers, they were more of the 'see how he explains himself' variety and resulted in a more fluid debate/conversation rather than a rapid fire of questions. The whole process lasted about 2.5 hours.

Interview Question – How would you rate the relative importance of your relationship with the following 3 different types of clients? Rate them from most important to least important and tell me why: 1) the companies that you cover, 2) institutional investors, 3) the internal sales and trading desk.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was asked back for a second interview but while waiting to hear back, I had been offered a position at another firm which I was more interested in and had accepted. Note that I was not formally offered a position, only a second interview.

Trading Analyst Interview

Trading Analyst
Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2011.

Interview Details First round I interviewed with a MD. One MD in the first round kept explaining to me why CS is better than RBC. Very personable. I interviewed with another MD in the final round. The interview was really short and I BSed a bunch of stuff. It was really fake that the MD could tell. Did not get the offer.

Interview Question – Do you trade stocks   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Accountant Interview

Accountant

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2009.

Interview Details It was very technical. Excel questions, questions on fixed income derivatives, brain teasers. Behavioral questions on past experiences. How would I react in certain situations. Stress interviews. Interviewed in group of 2. Took out notebook computer and pencil and paper for me to answer questions. Very hard.

Interview Question – Derive black-scholes equation using random walk assumption.   Answer Question

Product Control Interview

Product Control

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details This is for the 6 month internship program for undergraduate. The interview process includes one round of competency based interview and one round of case study of 20mins discussion on a topic with 3 other interviewees and make a short presentation

Interview Question – what are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Audit

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2014.

Interview Details Went through an informal interview and spoke to several people about the role. Attained a view of the role from the former colleague conducting Audit points. Also discussed with hiring manager and senior management on the role and expectations.

Interview Question – The ability to adapt to a new enviroment and work style   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was fait

Product Controllert Interview

Product Controllert
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2012.

Interview Details The interview process consisted of two rounds. The first round was a group interview (5-6 pax) and we were given a random topic to discuss and present. (Your typical group interview. Just make sure you discuss as loud as possible.) The second round was 1-to-1 interview with PC manager (AVP) or HR manager.

Interview Question – The interview questions were asked according to a piece of paper. The manager just read a question on the paper and you answered and that's all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Never take the offer. It was a mistake. BIG BIG BIG mistake to work for Credit Suisse.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2014.

Interview Details Relatively normal, though lenghty process; after application, two online tests (behavior and analytical), two phone interviews followed by a day of one-on-one interviews (5 in total) with the respective team and HR.

Everything ran smoothly, did OK on all accounts in the interview I reckon. The company gave a DL in which they said that they would come back (did not), after a while the hiring manager emailed stating he called to leave feedback (did not) after which I called back (went to a voicemail) and email of ("any feedback" / "Can I Call Back" (for the offered feedback)) wasn't answered. Honestly; I expected a little more class - especially in a lenghty process; I hope not all (hiring) managers in the company act like this.

Director Equities Interview

Director Equities
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in July 2010.

Interview Details Very smooth and well-managed, mostly due to headhunter who had a good relationship with the hiring manager. 4 interviews, 3 of those 1-on-1 and 1 with 3 future colleagues one after the other. Was mostly expected to explain how I would tackle certain issues and what my ideas were on certain topics. Good, fair interviews.

Negotiation Details – Negotiated sign-on bonus.

Very Easy Interview

Product Controller Interview

Product Controller
Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in August 2013.

Interview Details Mostly behavioral based questions and mostly unprofessional. It is funny how someone else had the almost the exact same experience interviewing with this company. It was 2 interviews for 2 different positions. The first I interviewed with 4 people (1 on 1). Straight forward behavioral based questions. I got a lot of "good answers". Also tried to connect on a personal level with all the interviewers. Didn't get an offer but the staffing agent called me 2 days after and told me I did not get it. On to the second interview for a different job. This interview had 3 people. The first woman who came in which I am sure is the exact same woman from another review was completely unprofessional and I could tell she could careless about me or the interview. Introduced herself for 1 minute, asked if I had any questions (I had two and another 1 minute) and then said she had a meeting and just left. I had a nice woman next and got "good answer" and "that's a great attitude to have" then a very pushy woman. She asked me what I know about Credit Suisse and I told her the little I knew about it then she basically stood on a pedestal and talked about how she went to ECU and her goal was to work at Credit Suisse, and how she knew everything about the company, and how she got the job in 2007 (right before the greatest recession we have had since the Great Depression. Lucky her I guess). That's about it. Once again more behavioral based questions with completely rude interviewers except a few. My advise is to skip this company unless you know someone working there because I'm sure they are just hiring friends and family. I just graduated with my MBA applying for these entry level positions. Also, never even heard back from the staffing agent or Credit Suisse after the second rejection. I didn't try to contact them because they didn't take the interview seriously and I knew I didn't get it right after I walked out the door. Two unprofessional interviews, a couple of "good answers" and one "great attitude", commuting all the way from Winston-Salem, wasted gas and time, and not one job offer.

Interview Question – None. Behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

IT Summer Analyst Interview

IT Summer Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2012.

Interview Details Be prepared for critical thinking questions. Be sure to study the program as well as be knowledgeable of basic program life cycle questions. Take advantage of the superday. Be sure to ask questions and get to know the interviewers as you meet them prior to the interviewing that day.

Interview Question – Why Credit Suisse   Answer Question

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!