Credit Suisse Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Equity Research Associate - Mining Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2012.

The interview consisted of two different one-on-one meetings. The first one was with the analyst that was looking to hire. He asked me numerous questions related to finance, testing my knowledge of both valuation techniques as well as global markets. He then asked me to put myself in a number of different hypothetical workplace related situations ranging from dealing with internal colleagues to client relations. The second meeting was with the department head. He also tested my knowledge of finance but rather than asking questions with right and wrong answers, they were more of the 'see how he explains himself' variety and resulted in a more fluid debate/conversation rather than a rapid fire of questions. The whole process lasted about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate the relative importance of your relationship with the following 3 different types of clients? Rate them from most important to least important and tell me why: 1) the companies that you cover, 2) institutional investors, 3) the internal sales and trading desk.   View Answer

I was asked back for a second interview but while waiting to hear back, I had been offered a position at another firm which I was more interested in and had accepted. Note that I was not formally offered a position, only a second interview.

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2011.

First round I interviewed with a MD. One MD in the first round kept explaining to me why CS is better than RBC. Very personable. I interviewed with another MD in the final round. The interview was really short and I BSed a bunch of stuff. It was really fake that the MD could tell. Did not get the offer.

Accountant Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2009.

It was very technical. Excel questions, questions on fixed income derivatives, brain teasers. Behavioral questions on past experiences. How would I react in certain situations. Stress interviews. Interviewed in group of 2. Took out notebook computer and pencil and paper for me to answer questions. Very hard.

Interview Questions
    • Derive black-scholes equation using random walk assumption.   Answer Question

Summer Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

First round was online video interview with a manager; second round was office visit with 4 back-to-back interviews which took 30 minutes each. Since it's for Shared Services, all questions were based on resume and behavioral questions.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2013.

Applied online and got the interviews a few weeks later. There were also numerical and verbal tests online that need to be completed after the resume submission. The first round interviews were conducted over the phone and are entirely fit questions.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in August 2014.

First Round - Aptitude(Basic Math and numericals)
    30 People selected for Interviews

First Round Interview-Technical Interview
    Some Aptitude Questions(Geometry and Basic math,Basic Statistics)
    Data Structures(Linked lists,Stacks,Heaps..etc)

Second Round Interview-Management Round
    Resume base questions(Projects and your life in professional college)
    Why would like to intern in Credit Suisse?
    Learn Newer technologies like Csharp apart from C.

Third Round interview-HR round
    Few general questions about strengths and weakness.
    Life in College.
    Learn a lot Credit Suisse-Their operations,Services(From official website and Wikipedia)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such.But they insist on Proper dress code.   View Answer

Algo Trading Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

I was arranged an onsite video call with hiring managers from Europe. They looked for a C++ developer in Hong Kong but hiring manager is in Europe. The questions are for C++ and are popular in many website, like constructor, inheritance etc. There was no difficult question. The interview went well. However I was told by recruiter that I was not the person they looked for the next day.

Structured Products - Quantitative Strategies () Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Online test, Phone interview, 5 interviews with RH and the whole team.
    1 specialist in math - asking simple math questions
    3 specialist in structured products - asking complicated question about structured products
    1 specialist in IT - asking to write a code and to understand a C++ script
    1 HR

Interview Questions
    • Simple Math equations such as Integration of lnx from 0 to 1. Or the proof of sum(k^2).   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Relationship Manager - Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2014.

You need to prepare a cover letter and VC, do it as serious as u can, without these, you won't be able to stand out to get an interview. For the first round, cs will invite candidates to their office, there will be briefing in the morning, following by group case study, then lunch social networking, 1 on 1 interview usually is in the afternoon. The whole process, from you walking into the building, is assessed. Do walk like a banker, talk like a banker and act like a banker.

Interview Questions
    • No. CS questions are not very sharp, all are generally questions,   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2014.

I have consulted at Credit Suisse before and was going back for another contract. I have had great interviews with multiple people on several occassions. The people there are great- both intelligent and professional. On my last few interviews I was there number 1 choice, however they were required to go with and internal canidate due to budget constaints

Interview Questions

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!