Credit Suisse

454 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Equity Research Associate - Mining Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2012.

Interview Details The interview consisted of two different one-on-one meetings. The first one was with the analyst that was looking to hire. He asked me numerous questions related to finance, testing my knowledge of both valuation techniques as well as global markets. He then asked me to put myself in a number of different hypothetical workplace related situations ranging from dealing with internal colleagues to client relations. The second meeting was with the department head. He also tested my knowledge of finance but rather than asking questions with right and wrong answers, they were more of the 'see how he explains himself' variety and resulted in a more fluid debate/conversation rather than a rapid fire of questions. The whole process lasted about 2.5 hours.

Interview Question – How would you rate the relative importance of your relationship with the following 3 different types of clients? Rate them from most important to least important and tell me why: 1) the companies that you cover, 2) institutional investors, 3) the internal sales and trading desk.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was asked back for a second interview but while waiting to hear back, I had been offered a position at another firm which I was more interested in and had accepted. Note that I was not formally offered a position, only a second interview.

Trading Analyst Interview

Trading Analyst
Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2011.

Interview Details First round I interviewed with a MD. One MD in the first round kept explaining to me why CS is better than RBC. Very personable. I interviewed with another MD in the final round. The interview was really short and I BSed a bunch of stuff. It was really fake that the MD could tell. Did not get the offer.

Interview Question – Do you trade stocks   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Accountant Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2009.

Interview Details It was very technical. Excel questions, questions on fixed income derivatives, brain teasers. Behavioral questions on past experiences. How would I react in certain situations. Stress interviews. Interviewed in group of 2. Took out notebook computer and pencil and paper for me to answer questions. Very hard.

Interview Question – Derive black-scholes equation using random walk assumption.   Answer Question

Exempt Non Officer Interview

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details Had total of 5 rounds. the initial rounds were good. But the final round with the director din't go well.

Interview Question – A practical question ws asked in the final round which i was not really expecting.   Answer Question

Information Technology Summer Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2014.

Interview Details The recruitment team is very friendly and informative. First round candidates attended a pre-interview reception where we met employees. During first round interview, behavior and tech questions are both asked. Then there was a tour/welcome diner before second round of interview. Second round is composed of 3 interviews. Second round interviews are behavioral. Questions I encountered were about leadership experiences, ethics (how would you handle this situation where your co-worker is leaking crucial information to someone outside the company).

Interview Question – object oriented programming questions   Answer Question

EComm Strategy Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in July 2012.

Interview Details It was more of a sales job to sell me on things, less of an interview. The only real interview part was by a biz leader who i later came to respect as one of the very strong biz leaders in the org. The rest of the interviews were more like pleasant chats.

Interview Question – None really, I generally enjoy the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Low ball followed by counter and holding out a bit until I got close to, but not exactly, what I wnated.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2014.

Interview Details One Telephonic interview of about 45 minutes. Very easy and comfortable.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details Invited to junior day. started the process in November, had a web cam interview in December. invited back for super day in January which consisted of 3, 30 minute interviews

Interview Question – Was asked about 3 year treasury rate when I was told to only know 5 and 10 year.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in July 2011.

Interview Details Submitted my application online and received a call from HR after a few weeks for an interview. It was a panel interview with the hiring managers. Received the offer after 1 week.

Interview Question – Very common interview questions like "why do you want to join Credit Suisse?", "where do you see yourself in 5 years' time?", "Have you encountered any difficult situation, and how do you resolve it?"   Answer Question

Product Control Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details 1) group assessment interview
   you'll be given a topic and discuss it in a group of 6 for 30 minutes. Then there'll be the presentation and Q&A. The interviews were all very nice but you have to really stand out from your group.

2) still waiting

Interview Question – given half the salary, are you still willing to do this job?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Credit Suisse

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Credit Suisse interview questions and advice. All 454 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Credit Suisse employees and interview candidates.