Credit Suisse

Updated 4 Mar, 2015
Updated 4 Mar, 2015

2.9

Rotational Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Super day interview with multiple rounds throughout the day. Presentation and tour of the building. Lunch interview as well. Behavioral, Technical and Skill based Questions. Huge pool of candidates for interview at sane point in time.

Interview Questions

I applied online through the website and received a first round virtual interview. The interviewer was very friendly and relaxed, which helped make the interview a positive experience. The questions were all behavioral except for one question on my outlook for the markets and one question about the different financial statements. At the end, there was about 5 minutes to ask the interviewer my own questions about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you faced an ethical dilemma. How did you respond to it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON
    Anonymous Employee in London, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in September 2014.

Online process with numerical and verbal resoning test , application ect, took me two weeks to get the interview. I had to give a cover letter and aswer some little questions on experience and give in my CV. I was asked to come for a whole day with 2 30min interviews and another 2 30min interview with a case study

Interview Questions
    • mostly competency based questions and i wasn't very suprised.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate - Mining Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2012.

The interview consisted of two different one-on-one meetings. The first one was with the analyst that was looking to hire. He asked me numerous questions related to finance, testing my knowledge of both valuation techniques as well as global markets. He then asked me to put myself in a number of different hypothetical workplace related situations ranging from dealing with internal colleagues to client relations. The second meeting was with the department head. He also tested my knowledge of finance but rather than asking questions with right and wrong answers, they were more of the 'see how he explains himself' variety and resulted in a more fluid debate/conversation rather than a rapid fire of questions. The whole process lasted about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate the relative importance of your relationship with the following 3 different types of clients? Rate them from most important to least important and tell me why: 1) the companies that you cover, 2) institutional investors, 3) the internal sales and trading desk.   View Answer

I was asked back for a second interview but while waiting to hear back, I had been offered a position at another firm which I was more interested in and had accepted. Note that I was not formally offered a position, only a second interview.

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2011.

First round I interviewed with a MD. One MD in the first round kept explaining to me why CS is better than RBC. Very personable. I interviewed with another MD in the final round. The interview was really short and I BSed a bunch of stuff. It was really fake that the MD could tell. Did not get the offer.

Accountant Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2009.

It was very technical. Excel questions, questions on fixed income derivatives, brain teasers. Behavioral questions on past experiences. How would I react in certain situations. Stress interviews. Interviewed in group of 2. Took out notebook computer and pencil and paper for me to answer questions. Very hard.

Interview Questions
    • Derive black-scholes equation using random walk assumption.   Answer Question

IT Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Applied through university career site. Had an on-campus interview that was mostly behavioral questions.
    Got invited to a super day at their office, where there were 3 interviews. These were also largely behavioral with a few questions about specifics on the projects listed on my resume.
    Got a call two weeks later with the offer.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

The process was long but not too rigorous--that is, for the Finance Department. Most questions were behavioral-based, asking me to "give a time when ___" and how I responded to the situation. Mainly they looked for general competency and the right attitude. Knowing someone is crucial to getting your foot in the door.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time when you disagreed with a coworker on a group project. How did you handle this?   Answer Question

IBD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

One assessment centre - no telephone interview
    Round 1: 2 competency interviews with VP/Associate. Depending on your background it could be technical or competency. If pass this stage, you go to the next round on the same day
    Round 2: 2 competency and one case study with DIR/MD level. Genuinely just wanted to know you for who you are and your passion outside work.

CS is a different to other US banks I had interviews with. My background is not technical so they only quizzed me on the basics i.e which company is a better buy etc

It was nice to have DIR/MD getting involved in the recruitment process

Interview Questions
    • Why CS, why IBD, what's your story, opinion on the Greek's crisis, oil prices and its impact, it is quite hard to prepare for certain questions!   Answer Question

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

First interview was at my university. Consisted of one 30 minute interview. 15 minutes were spent talking about the company, 10 minutes was going over my resume, and 5 minutes were for questions. Heard back that night that I made it to final interviews. Went to an optional Q&A and office tour that Friday. Then had my final round interview the next week, which consisted of four 30 minute interviews and another tour after. This interview consisded mainly of going over your resume and asking you basic questions such as biggest challenge, weaknesses and strengths etc. Overall the interviewers were very friendly and happy to answer any questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to be doing 5 years from now. Biggest strength, weakness, and challenge. What do investment banks do. Talk about a time where group work was necessary. A time you failed and what you did to fix it. A time where you had to go against ethics when making a decision.   Answer Question
    No contact negotiation