Credit Suisse Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct, 2014

2.9

Equity Research Associate - Mining Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2012.

The interview consisted of two different one-on-one meetings. The first one was with the analyst that was looking to hire. He asked me numerous questions related to finance, testing my knowledge of both valuation techniques as well as global markets. He then asked me to put myself in a number of different hypothetical workplace related situations ranging from dealing with internal colleagues to client relations. The second meeting was with the department head. He also tested my knowledge of finance but rather than asking questions with right and wrong answers, they were more of the 'see how he explains himself' variety and resulted in a more fluid debate/conversation rather than a rapid fire of questions. The whole process lasted about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate the relative importance of your relationship with the following 3 different types of clients? Rate them from most important to least important and tell me why: 1) the companies that you cover, 2) institutional investors, 3) the internal sales and trading desk.   View Answer

I was asked back for a second interview but while waiting to hear back, I had been offered a position at another firm which I was more interested in and had accepted. Note that I was not formally offered a position, only a second interview.

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2011.

First round I interviewed with a MD. One MD in the first round kept explaining to me why CS is better than RBC. Very personable. I interviewed with another MD in the final round. The interview was really short and I BSed a bunch of stuff. It was really fake that the MD could tell. Did not get the offer.

Accountant Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2009.

It was very technical. Excel questions, questions on fixed income derivatives, brain teasers. Behavioral questions on past experiences. How would I react in certain situations. Stress interviews. Interviewed in group of 2. Took out notebook computer and pencil and paper for me to answer questions. Very hard.

Interview Questions
    • Derive black-scholes equation using random walk assumption.   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

HR calls and helps set up an interview. Once you drive out there was a two person interview. Most of the questions were behavioral. Bring up past experiences from college or part time jobs that answer the questions. All of the questions demonstrate your leadership ability/ability to handle compromising questions.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers tells you to pick two planets. You pretend one interviewer is from one planet and the other is from another. They then ask you to explain something very simple to them in 60 seconds.   Answer Question

Real Returns Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

I applied for Credit Suisse's first attempt at a return-to-work program, called Real Returns. The initial HR phone interview was a standard 30 minutes get- to- know you interview which went very well. I then passed off to another young HR contact to come in to interview on two separate days for two separate internship opportunities. The HR contact could give me no background information on either project team.

The first was for a Risk project that was just getting off the ground and was inappropriate for a 12 week intern program since there was no mapped out objectives for the intern. The second opportunity was more promising but the hiring manager could not get to work that day and sent in a contractor to the interview (who had no real hiring power) rather than rescheduling. A total waste of my time. Rather than a "thanks, but no thanks", I then never heard another word from the company again after giving them two days of my time to interview for a short 12 week internship.

So glad not to have ended up there.

Interview Questions
    • When a project manager started asking me case study questions designed for college students.   View Answer

Full-time Analyst Interview

I've done a first interview with two managers (about 30mins-1 hour). Normal questions about programming languages, SQL, etc... Related to a technical position and normal questions like another interviews (behavioral questions).

IT Development Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Couple of interviews with team manager and key ppl, then I was seeing senior mgt, and met a team, very relaxed approach to the recruitment process, lots of technical design questions, work related examples, usual questions for this position.

Interview Questions
    • No surprises there, usual questions for an IT person. No trick questions.   Answer Question
    Not much room for a negotiation.

Managing Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

good systematic process. Met few middle to peer level managers, discussed areas of expertise, understood their organization, their business,etc. It was similar to my background, so I thought I was a good fit and got the same feeling from them too.

Administrative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

The interview was routine. Nothing out of the ordinary. Speak with HR then they call you back of made it to the next round. Met with the MD and his team. Support roughly about 20 people. Floor was professional, nothing out of character. Overall, a good experience n

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

The hiring process is as this:
    Doing verbal/quantitative questions online -> submit resume -> receive a call and schedule interview time -> phone interview -> onsite interview (including presentation, 1:1 interview, group interview) -> second onsite interview (business case analysis) -> get the offer

Interview Questions
    • no technical interviews, although i applied a technical job   Answer Question