Credit Suisse Interview Questions

2.9

Equity Research Associate - Mining Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2012.

The interview consisted of two different one-on-one meetings. The first one was with the analyst that was looking to hire. He asked me numerous questions related to finance, testing my knowledge of both valuation techniques as well as global markets. He then asked me to put myself in a number of different hypothetical workplace related situations ranging from dealing with internal colleagues to client relations. The second meeting was with the department head. He also tested my knowledge of finance but rather than asking questions with right and wrong answers, they were more of the 'see how he explains himself' variety and resulted in a more fluid debate/conversation rather than a rapid fire of questions. The whole process lasted about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate the relative importance of your relationship with the following 3 different types of clients? Rate them from most important to least important and tell me why: 1) the companies that you cover, 2) institutional investors, 3) the internal sales and trading desk.   View Answer

I was asked back for a second interview but while waiting to hear back, I had been offered a position at another firm which I was more interested in and had accepted. Note that I was not formally offered a position, only a second interview.

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2011.

First round I interviewed with a MD. One MD in the first round kept explaining to me why CS is better than RBC. Very personable. I interviewed with another MD in the final round. The interview was really short and I BSed a bunch of stuff. It was really fake that the MD could tell. Did not get the offer.

Accountant Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2009.

It was very technical. Excel questions, questions on fixed income derivatives, brain teasers. Behavioral questions on past experiences. How would I react in certain situations. Stress interviews. Interviewed in group of 2. Took out notebook computer and pencil and paper for me to answer questions. Very hard.

Interview Questions
    • Derive black-scholes equation using random walk assumption.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2010.

First stage consisted in doing some numerical and logical thinking tests. Then there was a telephone interview to find out why I wanted to work at CS, questions about my background and other general stuff, along with some very basic technical question.

I was then invited upon the end of the first telephone interview over to Zürich for an interview with the HR recruiter and a vice president (my future line manager). I was asked to explain my engineering project, what were the software design patterns I was familiar with, and some other easy technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • how many petrol stations are in Germany? how much time does a professional cleaner need to clean all the windows of the Empire State?   Answer Question
    I asked for 82500CHF and I was given that. Later I found out that recent graduates with a masters degree (like me) get between 80000CHF and 85000CHF.

Global Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morrisville, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2010.

I was contacted by several contracting companies for the chance to interview at CS for their brand new help desk. The interview was more about personality rather than technical as my resume demonstrated that my technical background was more than sufficient. I interviewed with 4 people over a 2 hour period and found common ground with each interviewer. Some of the questions I asked were around the opportunity to be converted to perm. At this time, I was told that if at the end of 6 months I ranked in the top 10% of specialists then I would be converted to perm. I was told that the the new hires (125 of us) would go through an 8 week training process on all the products across the board. I received an offer about 2 hours after my interview was completed.
    The on boarding process was thorough but evolving.

Interview Questions
    • I did not face any tough questions during the interview.   Answer Question
    I was offered a rate and I counter offered and it was accepted.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in July 2014.

Internal referral -- 2 phone interviews over the course of 3 weeks and then heard nothing for 2 weeks. I followed up multiple times via email and phone but folks were frequently out of the office for extended periods of time. Finally after 7 weeks they told me via email that they chose another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected. Pretty straight forward/typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Summer Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

First round was online video interview with a manager; second round was office visit with 4 back-to-back interviews which took 30 minutes each. Since it's for Shared Services, all questions were based on resume and behavioral questions.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2013.

Applied online and got the interviews a few weeks later. There were also numerical and verbal tests online that need to be completed after the resume submission. The first round interviews were conducted over the phone and are entirely fit questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in August 2014.

First Round - Aptitude(Basic Math and numericals)
    30 People selected for Interviews

First Round Interview-Technical Interview
    Some Aptitude Questions(Geometry and Basic math,Basic Statistics)
    Data Structures(Linked lists,Stacks,Heaps..etc)

Second Round Interview-Management Round
    Resume base questions(Projects and your life in professional college)
    Why would like to intern in Credit Suisse?
    Learn Newer technologies like Csharp apart from C.

Third Round interview-HR round
    Few general questions about strengths and weakness.
    Life in College.
    Learn a lot Credit Suisse-Their operations,Services(From official website and Wikipedia)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such.But they insist on Proper dress code.   View Answer

Algo Trading Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

I was arranged an onsite video call with hiring managers from Europe. They looked for a C++ developer in Hong Kong but hiring manager is in Europe. The questions are for C++ and are popular in many website, like constructor, inheritance etc. There was no difficult question. The interview went well. However I was told by recruiter that I was not the person they looked for the next day.

Interview Questions

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!