Credit Suisse

Updated 28 Jan, 2015
Updated 28 Jan, 2015

2.9

Chief Financial Officer Chief Operating Officer Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online through the website and received a first round virtual interview. The interviewer was very friendly and relaxed, which helped make the interview a positive experience. The questions were all behavioral except for one question on my outlook for the markets and one question about the different financial statements. At the end, there was about 5 minutes to ask the interviewer my own questions about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you faced an ethical dilemma. How did you respond to it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in September 2014.

Online process with numerical and verbal resoning test , application ect, took me two weeks to get the interview. I had to give a cover letter and aswer some little questions on experience and give in my CV. I was asked to come for a whole day with 2 30min interviews and another 2 30min interview with a case study

Interview Questions
    • mostly competency based questions and i wasn't very suprised.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate - Mining Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2012.

The interview consisted of two different one-on-one meetings. The first one was with the analyst that was looking to hire. He asked me numerous questions related to finance, testing my knowledge of both valuation techniques as well as global markets. He then asked me to put myself in a number of different hypothetical workplace related situations ranging from dealing with internal colleagues to client relations. The second meeting was with the department head. He also tested my knowledge of finance but rather than asking questions with right and wrong answers, they were more of the 'see how he explains himself' variety and resulted in a more fluid debate/conversation rather than a rapid fire of questions. The whole process lasted about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate the relative importance of your relationship with the following 3 different types of clients? Rate them from most important to least important and tell me why: 1) the companies that you cover, 2) institutional investors, 3) the internal sales and trading desk.   View Answer

I was asked back for a second interview but while waiting to hear back, I had been offered a position at another firm which I was more interested in and had accepted. Note that I was not formally offered a position, only a second interview.

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2011.

First round I interviewed with a MD. One MD in the first round kept explaining to me why CS is better than RBC. Very personable. I interviewed with another MD in the final round. The interview was really short and I BSed a bunch of stuff. It was really fake that the MD could tell. Did not get the offer.

Accountant Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2009.

It was very technical. Excel questions, questions on fixed income derivatives, brain teasers. Behavioral questions on past experiences. How would I react in certain situations. Stress interviews. Interviewed in group of 2. Took out notebook computer and pencil and paper for me to answer questions. Very hard.

Interview Questions
    • Derive black-scholes equation using random walk assumption.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Submitted my resume through university recruiting, and I was contacted through the school. Interview occurred about two weeks after the result, with one VP from the team. The interviewer asked some behavioral interview questions (about yourself, why CS, why Er) and then asked me about my stock pitch. Afterwards, the interviewer shared his own insight in Er, which really helped me further want to get into the group.

Private Wealth Advisor Interview

Phone conversation with HR representative, I decided not to move further. They were very nice and fair. She explained their model and platform to me and took the time to answer all of my questions.

Interview Questions
    • Basics, explained the model and got to know me, my interest.   Answer Question

Finance Summer Interview

Suvmitted my application through my school and set up an interview. First interview was at my school and behavioral and I am now onto final rounds which will consist of 4 1 on 1 interviews at their offixe.

Interview Questions
    • Went through my resume and why I am interested in finance.   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Online application where you have to upload your CV and Cover Letter. Then you get asked to complete a verbal reasoning and a numerical test which are both standard. Then 2 x 30mins telephone interviews straight after each other based on different competencies where you are asked to give examples. There were no questions on why you actually want to join Credit Suisse or that particular division which I found was quite odd.

IT Analyst Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

I was contacted by a recruiter after having dropped my resume off at a career fair a couple of months before. The recruiter quickly set up a first round phone interview for the next day. This consisted of a mix between personality and programming-specific questions and lasted about 30-45 minutes. I was then notified the same day that I was being invited to a face-to-face interview, which was scheduled for the very next day. The face-to-face interview consisted of similar questions as the phone interview. It consisted of three 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a question about Java lists.   View Answer