Cracker Barrel

Updated 22 Sep, 2014

1.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

I put in an application at the store and was instantly given an interview with an associate manager. He then told me that my second interview would be the general manager and gave me the time of the interview. I had my second interview with the general manager and was offered the job. He had me come back two days later so fill out my paperwork and then he gave me my start date.

Interview Questions
  • How well you do you handle conflict with other people?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

I applied online, got a callback 2 days later for an interview. Had an interview with an associate manager, then the next day I had an interview with the general manager. Received a job offer and I started training the following day.

Interview Questions
    not able to negotiate base pay

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

I walked in, asked for a job, they interviewed me and called me back. That simple...

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, I was asked why I thought I would be a good person for Cracker Barrel.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I had my interview immediately after I put in my application. They treated me with respect and we extremely nice.

Interview Questions
    • everything was extremely easy. there weren't any questions that put me on edge. very simple   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sturbridge, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sturbridge, MA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2013.

The manager there, who is no longer working (was fired) basically gave me an interview on the spot without seeing an application. He gave me a date for an interview and had me fill it out and bring it with me then. I was offered a job as a server, but after reviewing my availability, they told me they could only accept me as a hostess. The only way you can cross train is when you receive your second "star" which is basically after you pass a test on hospitality and knowledge of your job, you receive a star along with a 12-14% raise in your paycheck.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in June 2013.

I walked in as is and it only took one day. If you look presentable and you talk properly, they will like you. You don't ask for a particular position, but if you don't have much experience but you are pretty (a girl) they will make you a hostess. if you are less attractive or just have a lot of server experience, they will make you a server

Interview Questions
    • What do you think Crackle Barrel is about?   View Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seffner, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seffner, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in February 2013.

Managers very nice and easy to talk to. Make you feel very comfortable and at home like. Definitely the easiest interview I ever had. Asked basic interview questions and went over the basics of the job and also got a few laughs in. They go over the uniform and how you should have your hair and wear your makeup.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florida City, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florida City, FL (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2012.

First you fill out and application and ask to see a manager, after that a manager see you and lets you know if you qualify for any position available. Then, they either tell you to come back or to wait for a call.

Interview Questions
    • Overall the question asked where very easy.   View Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willoughby, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willoughby, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in September 2011.

You get two face to face interviews. One with an assistant manager and with the general manager. If you get the second interview than you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you went above and beyond what you were expected?   View Answer
    No negotiation needed I was offered more than I was making.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in October 2010.

applied via snagajob, was called the next day to come fill out a paper application, waited around for a hour for the gm after the associate manager spoke to me. gm then left the middle of the interview for another hour, he came back and offered me a job. interview was basic/ generic why do you want to work for cracker barrel questions

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work for cracker barrel?   View Answer
    • why should i pay you what your asking?   View Answer
    starting pay was minimum wage 7.25 i negotiated to start at 8.00 after asking 9.00 to start since i have 5 years of restaurant experience. corporate sets a level of pay that the manager can give and after you hit 9.50 an hour pay you no longer will get a raise for the rest of your "career" at cracker barrel.