Cox Communications Interview Questions

Updated 29 Sep, 2014
Updated 29 Sep, 2014

2.9

Sales Manager Interview

Initial screening interview was by phone by HR in another state. Interviewer could not answer any questions regarding the position other than what was written in the JD, even though she asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the interview was one behavioral interview question after the other. Rapid fire questions one after the other. There was no questions regarding the context and no follow up on your answers.   Answer Question

Any Interview

They use the Star interview process. Usually a panel of 2 to 3 people. You will have to interview for every position you post for whether you are brand new or have been with the company many years

Interview Questions
    • It is pretty straight forward. They ask situational questions   Answer Question
    They dont negotiate. they have a flat offer.

Supervisor of Commercial Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in August 2014.

I applied online on a Wednesday and was contacted by email on Thursday to set up an phone interview for Friday.

First the Interviewer asked my how my previous experience related to the job description.

Then I was asked 5 STAR interview questions. All of the questions were related to managing staff in difficult situations or motivating staff to work harder.

The phone interview is the first of at least 2 interviews. They said they use this info to determine who will get an in person interview. I am still waiting to see if I will get a 2nd interview. More to follow if I do.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Internal promotion - interviewed with the regional manager and director of the channel. The entire process took close to 3 weeks due to the number of applicants. The interview itself was with a director and VP in person and an additional regional manager over telepresence. The environment was very friendly, yet focused on work and success.

Interview Questions
    I turned down the first offer and was countered with 2k more a year and accepted

Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call the next day for a phone screening. She called me later that day and I did an online assessment which I finished and passed. I had my interview two days later. The interview was at the corporate office and it was done with a store manager and district manager. The interview was mostly STAR questions and situations. They opened the floor for questions for me. I didn't hear from them for 18 days. I finally got a rejection email after emailing the recruiter twice and asking for feedback. Quite disappointed I didn't get the job, but oh well life goes on.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in July 2014.

I applied online and was called the next day by a Cox recruiter from Atlanta. She emailed me a link to two assessments: A standard personality test and a call center simulation. There were only about 5 scenarios to complete in 45 min. Multiple choice and you rate each answer from Not Effective to Most Effective. I was called 2 days later on a Saturday by a representative from Futurestep in Baton Rouge to schedule an in-person interview. No phone interview. The interview was scheduled for a couple days later. The dress was business casual. The interviewer was wearing khakis and a polo and had visible tattoos. He was very nice and personable and did his best to make it as painless as possible. We went to an empty conference room and sat across from each other. He informed me it would be in STAR format. After the STAR portion there was a section devoted to technical questions. Next there was a simulated call. He gave me an information packet to study for 10 min. He left and called the phone in the room 10 min later. He asked me how to operate the On-demand system--directions were in the packet. I also had to attempt to sell him DVR over the course of the call--DVR features were also in packet. Interview concluded after that. I was called the same evening by Futurestep and offered the job. They emailed me an acceptance letter with hourly rate and background check/drug testing info.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with starting a new job? Have you ever come up with a new idea that was implemented? What is a DVR? What does URL stand for? DNS? Name some cables you hook up a cable box with. First thing you do when your own internet goes out. What would you do if internet went out while you were working at Cox? What do you think this job entails? What happens if you watch a standard definition movie on an HD set? What format do you watch movies in?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesapeake, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Cox Communications in July 2014.

Filled out the application in April. Got an email like two weeks later informing me that I would receive a link to schedule a video interview. After a couple of days I realized that I didn't receive anything so I contacted the recruiter who advised me that they're hiring a lot of people so it may take some time. After the second month I decided to give up but I then received a call which was a lady who wanted to do a phone interview. After 2 phone interviews and 2 assessments later I received an email about a week later stating that I had passed the assessments and told me to call recruiter. I called the recruiter did a third interview and also set up another phone interview with someone else the next day. I was told that it would be me and two people interviewing me but it wasnt. It was just a man asking me general interview questions. After that interview he informed me that he would be sending a recommendation to the recruiter. Got a call today with job offer...
    Process took about 3 months...

Interview Questions
    • STAR format questions
      Tell me about a time...... Be specific
      Technical Support Questions; if customer called in and said internet was not working properly on laptop what's the first thing you would tell him to do?
        View Answers (2)
    No negotiations

Customer Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in July 2014.

Interviewed with 2 people at the same time. The setting was informal and calm. As you speak they are continuously writing. The interview was quick and they only asked the what's need.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Online application was a pain, e-mail from recruiter to set up phone, online and another phone interview. Online test can be taken from home. Keep in touch with your recruiter. Typical sales and customer services interview questions. Background check and drug test. Hiring paperwork. Training is two months. Hours need to be flexible.

Interview Questions
    • Typical sales and customer services interview questions.   Answer Question

Technology Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications.

The hiring process is very professional. I applied through campus website and got a call from the HR manager. I had a phone interview and then another face to face interview with the Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!