Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Issaquah, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2013.

Long process, takes many weeks, lots of paperwork, several interviews. The entire process took about 3 weeks and I had to follow up many times. The paperwork was lengthy and seemed like I had to answer the same questions over and over again.

Interview Questions
    • None, all the questions were standard behavior questions.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2014.

Went in, asked for manager, told me to wait on a red bench. Afterwords, I was told to fill out an availability sheet and read over the job description and sign the paper. After looking at my availability, the manager said that he forgot to ask on the phone when he called before the interview for my availability. I couldn't work the times he was looking for and that was the end. Make sure if they call you they ask for your availability.

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Interview lasted less then 10 minutes, mostly situation questions and they ask a lot about how you work with other people. No surprising question or any thing. The manager who interviewed me said i would get a call back, never heard anything back from them

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to take the blame for something.   Answer Question

ServiceNow Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Issaquah, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2012.

Phone interview, senior management interview, and panel interview, but each team may be different. No obvious standards as to questions they ask or format of the interview. Too many people packed into a miniscule room to do the panel questioning. Meeting rooms are bare bones as you might expect. Good sample of the over-crowding and lackluster facilities, but not unexpected...it IS Costco.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation allowed...take it or leave it.

Food Court Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

It was really good had 2 mangers one writing one asking the qestions. I was nervus but I got through the 1st interview then they called me for a 2nd interview it was more indeped about the job. Overal good basic qestions. Just be yourself and ull be fine remeber customer service is number one!

Be yourself

Deli Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in January 2013.

Most likely they will want years of Costco experience for you. If you are seeking from outside the company you better hope no one from within the company applied. If from the outside, they will need to see a crazy work ethic, logic and sense of ownership of previous employment.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask some standard food service questions, e.g. cooked temperature for chicken, beef, pork. Also your freezing temps and refrigerator temps.   Answer Question

Tire Installer/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2010.

Everyone has a chance to get interviewed. EVERYONE. Just apply. If called, dress for the interview, not the job. Answer in a way where you understand you will be held at the highest standards and will achieve it.

Interview Questions
    They start you at what they start everyone. when I started it was $11.50 at clerk pay. 7 years later and I am at 22.50 with bonuses.

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lubbock, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2014.

You basically have to know someone that works at the store your applying. If you don't I suggest conversing with an employee. Thats how I got my interview! Interview would have been difficult if I had not prepared properly. Scroll through these reviews and write down every question asked and have a solid answer for each one. This way you know what to say without hesitation. They want concrete examples from past experiences not what would you do scenario. They want long term employees so answer each question as if Costco is the only job you ever want any other answer eluding temporary or no career plan is not going to get you the second interview. I had two interviews. First with two assistant managers the last one with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    None everyone starts pay and front end job.

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

3 interviews in one day
    They go over basics regarding your problem solving skills using hypothetical situations
    Each interviewer got a little deeper with the questions. It seemed like if #2 didn't like your answers, you would not have been passed on to #3. They drug test the same day.

They have a standard base starting pay. Even if you left the company and came back, you have to start over at the bottom. Currently $11/hour for front end assistant or other assistant (like deli)

Night Merchandiser Interview

Very smooth interview. Very friendly managers. I would recommend most of my friends to join the Costco team. I dont know what else to say. I just want access to more salaries so I have to write this review. I hope this is over thirty words...