Costco Wholesale Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 9, 2014
284 interviews

2.6

Food Court Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

It was really good had 2 mangers one writing one asking the qestions. I was nervus but I got through the 1st interview then they called me for a 2nd interview it was more indeped about the job. Overal good basic qestions. Just be yourself and ull be fine remeber customer service is number one!

Be yourself

Deli Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in January 2013.

Most likely they will want years of Costco experience for you. If you are seeking from outside the company you better hope no one from within the company applied. If from the outside, they will need to see a crazy work ethic, logic and sense of ownership of previous employment.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask some standard food service questions, e.g. cooked temperature for chicken, beef, pork. Also your freezing temps and refrigerator temps.   Answer Question

Tire Installer/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2010.

Everyone has a chance to get interviewed. EVERYONE. Just apply. If called, dress for the interview, not the job. Answer in a way where you understand you will be held at the highest standards and will achieve it.

Interview Questions
    They start you at what they start everyone. when I started it was $11.50 at clerk pay. 7 years later and I am at 22.50 with bonuses.

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lubbock, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2014.

You basically have to know someone that works at the store your applying. If you don't I suggest conversing with an employee. Thats how I got my interview! Interview would have been difficult if I had not prepared properly. Scroll through these reviews and write down every question asked and have a solid answer for each one. This way you know what to say without hesitation. They want concrete examples from past experiences not what would you do scenario. They want long term employees so answer each question as if Costco is the only job you ever want any other answer eluding temporary or no career plan is not going to get you the second interview. I had two interviews. First with two assistant managers the last one with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    None everyone starts pay and front end job.

Night Merchandiser Interview

Very smooth interview. Very friendly managers. I would recommend most of my friends to join the Costco team. I dont know what else to say. I just want access to more salaries so I have to write this review. I hope this is over thirty words...

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

3 interviews in one day
    They go over basics regarding your problem solving skills using hypothetical situations
    Each interviewer got a little deeper with the questions. It seemed like if #2 didn't like your answers, you would not have been passed on to #3. They drug test the same day.

They have a standard base starting pay. Even if you left the company and came back, you have to start over at the bottom. Currently $11/hour for front end assistant or other assistant (like deli)

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

The hiring process was brief two different interviewers, nothing really in depth felt more like a conversation with a friend instead of a job interview. The application was more of a survey and it was lengthy. Lots of random questions most of which were the same question asked in 3 different ways.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with conflicts or disagreements in the work place?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Silverdale, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

the guy was 10 minutes late for the interview, he was like a robot he showed no emotion. i am try to make things less stressful by being funny and this guy just didn't even blink

Interview Questions
    • all of them i am not sure what any of the questions had to do with pharmacy work but i guess they have guide lines   View Answer

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Maria, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Maria, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

I applied online for any position and received a call a few days later. I was referred by a couple of employees. I entered the interview with a cold and fever, which made me feel even more nervous and I was not able to think clearly when answering questions. Two managers constructed the interview. The hiring manager was super nice and was pleasurable to speak with. The questions concerned my work experience, customer service, and how I have acted in certain situations.

Specific situation questions that I remember are: "Describe a time in which you had to suddenly show a sense of urgency at work?" "Describe a time in which you had to solve a problem with an associate through communication?" "How do you deal with angry customers?"

One thing that was strange about the interview was that the second manager in the room would not look at me. I was attempting to keep eye contact with both of them throughout the interview, but the second manager was staring at the floor with his hand rested underneath his chin, and he did not speak until I was leaving. Since I was sick I did not appear healthy and energetic.

It wasn't horrible on my end, I just could have provided better answers that expressed my strong desire to work for the company. After my interview the hiring manager told me to check my email for confirmation. When he said that I knew that I wasn't hired.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult. Opening questioning was most unexpected, "What would you be doing if you weren't here right now?"   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2014.

I applied online. Got the call a couple weeks later to go in, my first interview was with two workers.. basic questions.. why work here, do you know about company, tell me if you were in this situation, what motivates you. 3 days later i got called for an 3rd interview with GM, asked about experience, and if i knew about company.. mostly to see what position they are going to put me in

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness? Tell me about a time you had a misunderstanding with co-worker?   View Answer
    Show you want to further your career with costco, like you want advancement opportunities