Costco Wholesale

Updated 15 Nov, 2014
Updated 15 Nov, 2014

2.6

Seasonal Cashier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2014.

After completing application online, I received a call 3 days later for an interview. I interviewed with the assistant manager first. She liked me, so I was called back for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was primarily to discuss my holiday availability. He noted that I was related to a current employee and would have to contact his manager to see if I could be hired. I knew then it was a no go. Shortly afterwards, I received a "thank you for your interest, but unfortunately..." e-mail.

Stocking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2014.

Put an application on their website. Got called for an interview two days later. Interviewed with the general manager and a department manager. Was about fifteen minutes. Basic retail questions. They then told me I would move onto the next interview. Got a call two days later. Interviewed with the warehouse General manager and was offered the job. Did drug test on-site..and waited for the background check.

Interview Questions
    None. Great offer for the work being done.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS (US)

There were 2 interviews, the first of which I was interviewed by two people. Both of whom were genuine and straight forward. They asked questions about past experiences in retail sales, which I have none and was honest about. They also asked questions to get a sense of how well I deal with interpersonal situations, both positive and negative. The asked for details on my work history and even had a copy of my resume, which was weird to me because it's a stocker job. This made me think they're serious about employee vetting, no matter how large or small the position.

The second interview was with who I assume is the manager of the entire store. She was very direct. Her questions were designed more so to show my own personal work ethic. I answered honestly and openly. She asked how I prepared for the interview. it was not as long as the first and at the end she offered me the job. I passed my drug screen and am now waiting for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest the first interview came sort of unexpectedly and I was completely unprepared. Every question was difficult because I had to choose and recall details of past experiences on the spot. I was just honest and as professional, didn't try to inflate or boast which I fell they sensed which I why I was given the second interview.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manahawkin, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manahawkin, NJ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2014.

It was really fast. Interviewers were very nice and kind. They really liked what I had to say to them to make the process smoother. I hope I get this job!!

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gig Harbor, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gig Harbor, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2014.

I applied every six months 3 times. This last time I applied was during their seasonal hiring period which is around Sept October. I was called in for an interview and was left waiting for an hour in the break room and had to go and find someone to remind them I was there. Which was fine, I wanted the job. There were 2 people interviewing me. One was supposed to listen and take notes as the other riddled off open ended questions like "Talk about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you deal with that?" It turned into them both asking questions about my other jobs and cracking jokes and laughing, it was great. At the end I was told that I wouldnt have to do the second interview because the first went so well. So for my final interview I had to talk to the Assistant warehouse manager. The interview went well and I was asked to work in the food court. It didnt work with my schedule so she suggested morning stocking shift. She said they would hire in another 4 weeks but I started orientation that week.

Interview Questions
    • Think about a time you had a conflict with a fellow employee what happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    They told me it would be seasonal and that I would lose my job on the first on January. And I would work for 11.50 an hour.

I S Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

1. Apply on Taleo's website.
    2. Wait for recruiters to contact you, or else toss your resume in the digital bit bucket in the sky.
    3. Fill out an email self-appraisal of your skills that are pertinent to the job.
    4. Phone screen with hiring manager and one or more SMEs.
    5. In-person interview (or find out that you won't be getting an on-site interview).
    6. Get hired (or not)

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel is a strength that would help you stand out from the rest of your team? What have you done to cultivate that strength?   Answer Question

Costco Night Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Pretty straight forward. Asked what times I was available and if I could start immediately. Took 2 days. Drug test and got to work the same day. It was only seasonal. There wasn't any difficult interview questions.

No negotiation

Seasonal Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2014.

First, I have been a loyal Costco member for over 3 years. I recently applied for a seasonal position at my local Costco. I was called in for an interview and, to be honest, I was taken back by the level of questions in the interview: what is your most memorable work experience, explain a time when you had to work with a disgruntled employee and how you dealt with it, how do you motivate a non-productive employee. I was totally unprepared.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to work with a disgruntled employee and how you dealt with it?   View Answer

Any Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2014.

It was okay overall, I just got interviewed yesterday and there were two people interviewing me. It seemed like a fast interview but they asked the usual typical question. They took turns asking questions. Just make sure you look them in the eyes and don't say "uh" too much like me..

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2014.

I applied online for a Seasonal Stocker with no experience. I recently graduated high school. I got a call the next day saying I have an interview in a few days. At the day of interview I waited about 30 minutes until a manager called me into a room. I was interviewed by two females. At the beginning of the interview they found out that I can't work late nights because Monday through Thursday I have class so they couldn't hire me. I wish I would've been told earlier.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? (We did not get a chance to get to the more difficult questions.)   Answer Question