Costco Wholesale

246 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

SAP BW Developer Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in January 2014.

Interview Details Initial communication was with an external agent recruiter, super decent person. Tech people from Costco interview me and there were 4 persons. One of them, from India, was very RUDE. I know people from India are very talented, but please train them on courtesy manners.

Interview Question – Everything was basic questions on BW.   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Interview

Front End Assistant

Interviewed at Costco Wholesale

Interview Details Very basic questions including your typical strength/weakness question.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was probably the one on how you multitask and its challenges.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process. However, everyone starts at 11.50 USD/hour which is probably best in the industry.

Front End Assistant Interview

Front End Assistant
Chula Vista, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied online and went in person to see the hiring manager. I kept checking back with the hiring manager every 2-3 weeks. Be persistent. Keep bugging them and show them you are interested. I gave one of the hiring manager's my resume, and about a few days later I received a call for an interview the following saturday. The interview was conducted in a little room right next to the break room. One of the assistant manager's was in there along with a supervisor and they asked very basic questions like "have you had a job before?" "What is customer service to you?" and a couple scenario questions like "Suppose you had to run back to get an item and a few members stopped you to asked for an item's location. How would you handle that?" After that interview was finished, I received a call about a week later or so for another interview, this time with the warehouse manager. When I met with him, this was in his office. He was really cool and he welcomed me into his office and asked me calmly why I wanted to work there. "Why Costco? What drew you to here as opposed to some other place." I told him that I am very ethics focused--in school I studied philosophy and my area of interest was ethics--and I told him that I liked the fact that Costco was focused on ethics and treating its members and workers properly. After that he asked me some other basic questions like if I had another job, what other experience I have, where I went to school, etc. He was very easy to talk to. He offered me the job right at the end of the interview.

Interview Question – One question that threw me off guard was: Tell me about a time you had a problem with someone and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Any Available Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details I interviewed with two managers the first day they called, then with the general manager.

Interview Question – What is your definition of ethical behavior   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant)

Interview Details Quick and easy very friendly environment

Interview Question – where do you ee yourself benefitting the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – experiential

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

Interviewed at Costco Wholesale

Interview Details All interviews have 2 Managers, one records the other asks questions. Important to make eye contact with both managers

Interview Question – What did you do to prepair for this interview?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it and move up.

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details Submitted application online and then followed up in the store a few days later. They were hiring for seasonal positions at the time. Set up an interview and met with 2 full-time employees and then General Manager of the store. It was a little strange that they had meet with other department managers both were not prepared or even comfortable making eye contact during the interview.

Interview Question – Very basic, standard interview questions. Why do you want to work here? Tell me a time when you made a mistake did you acknowledge it and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one the GM told me what the starting hourly rate was and that was it.

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier
Northbrook, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2010.

Interview Details One interview. Initial process and communication were great. Easy to follow and talk to the lady on the phone. The interview itself was horrible. The questions asked had nothing to do with the job itself and when I arrived the interviewer said the job was only seasonal anyway.

Interview Question – What brings you in today?   View Answer

Licensed Optician Interview

Licensed Optician

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in December 2013.

Interview Details Set up interview time, usually with 2 different managers. Go over a list of questions, ie: "Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer." etc...open ended, but they want you to confirm that you have good work ethics, are professional, and will treat their "members" well (they do pay to shop there after all). Then will get a call back for drug test (which is just a sponge you put in your mouth for 3min. at the store and results are instant. Background check takes a couple days.Then after that, orientation on a separate date where you fill out W2 etc and watch a short video on Costco. You will receive employee handbook and family medical leave act info, also work safety info. I received my clock-in badge with my employee ID at this time as well. They will also take you on a tour of the warehouse and introduce you to people...a nice touch I think :)

Interview Question – They asked me about a time I wished I handled a situation differently with a customer. It was just hard to answer I thought. Didn't want to look bad, but wanted to be fully honest as well.   Answer Question

Night Stocker Interview

Night Stocker

Interviewed at Costco Wholesale

Interview Details The hiring and interview process was quick and easy. had 2 intervies in 2 days and started on the third day

Interview Question – Mangament tried to put me in a different department when i came in to the interview.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Costco Wholesale