Costco Wholesale

Updated 23 Feb, 2015
Updated 23 Feb, 2015

2.6

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in December 2014.

I read on Glassdoor of several job postings....Filled out the application on Saturday night, received a call on Sunday for an interview on Monday. Sunday, I went over the questions that had been posted on Glassdoor by others that had gone through the interview process, helping me to come up with legitimate thought out answers prior to the interview. Pretty much all the questions were the same as posted, which in turn helped me not to be blindsided. I was called for a second interview on Tuesday. They hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    Was hired as seasonal with the goal of being kept on after the holidays.

Day Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

When I got hired, you filed an App on-line until they called you. When they call you; it's one of 2 interviews, where if you get passed THAT interview it's the second one you go to & they drug test you there.

Interview Questions
    • Why We Don't have a Certain items, or Are we closed on Major holidays.   Answer Question

Major Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrow, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrow, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Had two interviews; the first one with the supervisor for the department I was trying out for and the second was with the warehouse manager. Each asked a series of questions in regards to work ethic and ability to understand questions.

Interview Questions
    • Already having about 25 years work experience, there were no real hard questions.   Answer Question
    I was told I would be given a 90 day review before being considered for permanent position. I replied I only need 60 days to show my worth. I stayed with the company for 13+ years.

Seasonal Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bountiful, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bountiful, UT (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I was first interviewed by the bakery manager, and then by a warehouse manager. The questions are chosen off of a printed sheet with multiple categories such as attitude, team work, and stress management. The process was pretty informal, with the interview conducted at the tables in the food court. I showed up a few minutes early and watched as managers cycled through applicants and sent the best on to a warehouse manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you do when a coworker is not performing as they should be.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you've had to work in a team.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for seasonal positions--the rate is set at $11.50 and they decide the department you work in based on your resume.

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

My friend who works there told me to apply. They offered seasonal jobs so I said why not, as I could potentially be hired on as regular staff. I submitted my online application at 2pm Friday and received a call for an interview at 5pm Friday. Monday was my interview. I went in, and was told to sit at the food court and wait for a manager. It was crazy busy so I ended up waiting 10 min before the HR manager sat down with me. He asked "tell me about working with a difficult coworker", "how do you deal with a difficult customer", things like that. He then told me an assistant manager was going to interview me in a few minutes. I waited 10 min again before the assistant manager came. He asked me 3 questions: why should we pick you? What is your best quality? What do you need to improve on? Then he said he would get the GM to talk with me. I waited another 10 minutes and the GM came up and said "let's talk in my office". Since I knew a current employee he asked me about her. In his office he asked what my availability was, if I had planned to take a vacation in the next 6-8 weeks, and if orientation was in the next few days would I be able to attend. He then said he wanted to move forward and handed me off to an office lady who administrated my drug test. After the test she told me orientation would be Friday and she would call me either Tues or Wed for the background check results. Well 24 hours later I received a phone call from her asking if I could come in on Friday for orientation.

Whole process took 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult unless you've never interviewed before.   Answer Question
    take it or leave it

Front End/Cashier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, MD (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale in December 2014.

Simple and easy. About 5 situational questions. Can't remember exactly what the questions were. I was very nervous prior to the interview but the questions were very easy and I enjoyed the job but couldn't work the whole seasonal time due to personal reasons. Very fun, socialized a lot with full time employees. Great work environment!

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked with a slow employee?   View Answer
    Be Your self! Easy and quick interview. There was no second and third interview. Drug test and background!

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Waited 15 mins to be interviewed. Asked the typical questions and if was a pretty easy interview. There were 2 people interviewing me, one writing down and the other asking questions. They seemed to like me because they asked me to come in for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview didn't go as good and it seemed like the person interviewing me didn't want to be there. 2nd interview was short and I knew I didn't get the job by the way he was acting. An hour later I got an email saying I didn't get the job. I feel I would of gotten in if someone else interviewed me the 2nd time but its okay I'll keep trying!

Membership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Apply on-line with all relevant background, experience, and honest answers to battery of questions. If you're lucky, you'll get a prompt call back if positions are available (August/September best to apply for "seasonal" hiring which starts early October.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are difficult however, know as much as you can about the company, it's values, it's successes, Mission Statement, goals for the future, challenges and how you can be an immediate contributor.   Answer Question

Food Court Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I was called in for an interview 2 days after I applied. I was interviewed by just the food court manager. Most of the questions were "Name a time where...and what did you do to fix it." My interview was fairly informal, but I was a little nervous. After that interview was over, I had a second interview with the assistant manager maybe 20 minutes later. He asked 3-5 easy questions, explained the whole seasonal job process(everyone gets laid off, but some may get rehired afterward) and liked what I said during the interview. The interview with the assistant manager was a little more intimidating, but I pulled through it. I took a drug test, then filled out a couple forms and was on my way. I got a call about my background check 2 days later and met for orientation a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were your standard "Name a time..." questions. Be prepared to have examples from your experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, everyone starts out at $11.50

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I got called in for an interview about a week after my resume was sent in. I did wear business casual - it's important to look presentable even though it is only a warehouse position! Like everyone said, the 'first' interview is with two people - one asks the questions and the other writes on a notepad - and is considered to be two interviews. They asked a lot of situational questions where you have to draw form previous experiences - a time when you had to do more than one activity; a time when you had to react in an urgent situation; how you adapt to unexpected changes to your schedule etc. If you prepare for these types of questions, you'll be fine!

The second interview was a lot more casual and relaxed. I was told to read through the job dictionary; did a small activity where i just had to show her how I carried load (she looked at my posture and all).

Later that day, they called up my references and called me to tell me I got the job.