Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015

2.6

Front End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santee, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Santee, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and in a week received a call from HR manager who was very rood and short to listen. First of all she just wanted to hang up the phone, she was very irritated when I asked her questions. She even didn't try to pronounce my name correctly. But the good news she invited me for the interview.

My interview was scheduled on March 27th, at 3.40 pm (Santee, San Diego) but they started to interview me in 40 minutes. No apologies to me that it took them so long. Then they took me to some small room which was very dirty and papers were all over the floor, then the same person who called me invited me to take a sit. Then she said she is going to ask me only a couple questions and gave me a paper to sign. She asked 3 questions with no interest at all, like she already knew that she is not going to hire me. I came home very disappointed by her attitude to me, that she was very indifferent to my answers. I am a immigrant who has 10 years of experience in my home country where I started from a sales person position and ended up being a supervisor. I want to ask a question of a person who interviewed me: Do you really think I wouldn't handle the front end assistant position with 10 years of experience?!

I think she discriminated me because how you could possibly know who I am if you asked only 3 questions and even didn't ask for my resume when you asked me to bring that. Also, in their application they ask if I received food stamp and I answered 'yes'. I know that they try to show that they care about people who receive food stamps and they are interested to help them by providing a job. But it isn't true. They need your applications only for statistics, that's all.

Today I received a mail that I wasn't selected and it is first time when I am so happy that I was rejected because I don't want to work with people who don't know what their responsibilities are, who don't know how to communicate properly with their clients, who don't treat people fair. I am pretty sure she discriminated me because I speak English with an accent.

I have been in the USA for almost 6 years and I learned English here, I am a hard working person, friendly and all my friends love me, my references will be happy to be my reference and I know I will find a job where I will be appreciated.

It isn't my letter to you that I was rejected, no, at all. It is just a letter to the higher management of Costco to choose accurately their employees because I love Costco,and I shopped a lot there. But after such a "treatment" I won't go there anymore.

I thought I will send her a thank you letter after the interview but I came home and just threw up a piece of paper with the the name of the manager who interviewed me because she doesn't deserve thank you letter.

The only person who was friendly is Sara, who smiled to me for her co-worker too :-)

To the manager who interviewed me: you never smiled to me, please smile and life will smile you back!

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you don't get along with person you work with?   1 Answer

Any Available Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perrysburg, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Perrysburg, OH (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview 4 days after applying online. The person that interviewed me was very nice. She asked a few tell me a time questions from a preprinted list. She wrote the word yes next to each question she asked me after I answered. She did not ask me to come back for a second interview. I am hoping that I get a call for that interview soon. I really want to work for this company!

Front End Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview was with two people in the room and it was explained that there were two people because it would count as my first and second interview. They asked what would you do and how would you handle this situation questions. As well what I knew about the company. At the end they said someone would call in a week or two to either set up another interview or let me know if I wasn't the right person. For the third interview there was only one person and she asked a few more questions and what I knew about the company. She also asked about past employment.

Membership Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Toledo, OH (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

was the strangest interview I ever had. They are opening a new store in my area and what they are doing is having the potential candidates work for 60 days Monday through Friday 8-5 selling memberships to area small businesses. based on how you sell and your attitude will determine if they keep you? So it isn't based on your experience or skills you can offer them it seems its based on how many memberships you sell in those 60 days . You will be paired up with another person to do this in the area that the new store is opening. There were only 2 questions asked and the second interview was schedule.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a experience you had with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Kenosha, WI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Received phone call to come in for a phone interview. Arrived for the initial interview aprox. 15 minutes
    early and was seen right away by the Interviewer. It was a rather stiff and formal introduction with a "soft" handshake from the interviewer. I can't stand that! Aprox. 5-6 questions mostly the
    "tough"behaviorable ones! Interviewer was friendly and the interview lasted less than 10 minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a Co-worker. What was the conflict and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Any Openings Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lodi, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Lodi, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and in December I walked in and spoke with a supervisor who told me to come back in a couple months since they just hired. I came back in February in the Lodi California . This time I spoke with Matt a supervisor who said if he takes my resume he will mail me a rejection letter. He said they only take onljne. I explained to him I applied online and was told in December to walk in because it's better. He said that he was hired that way too but said he would still district my resume and reject my application.

I followed up with a phone call to a manager who confirmed that he did not know what he talking about. They said they are not hiring but check back in March or April.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

so i walked in there with no idea where to go and asked the receipt checker where to go for an interview, they said to go to membership, and then the person at membership radioed for the interviewer. we sat down in the food court and thats where the interview was. he asked a few questions. i knew they were really understaffed because he sounded like he was trying to sell me a car instead of offer me a job. then the second interviewer came. asked a few more questions. got drug testested. and then filled in some final things on the computer. i forgot my social security card but he said it was fine and to call him when i got it.

Interview Questions

• any customer service experience?   1 Answer
    • were there any incidents related to customer service   1 Answer
    • what did you want to do with your life before working at costco.   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Applied online. Application took about 20 minutes. It has been two weeks and i have not heard back from costco about my application. They dont give a contact email so i have no way of getting in touch with them to ask about the status of my application. I am now looking elsewhere for employment.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

They asked many questions that were not your typical boring questions. People were friendly with loaded questions. THIS IS A THREE STEP INTERVIEW PROCESS. For me they did them the same night. Was done in a pretty laid back manor. BUSINESS CASUAL is dress style. Jeans and polo are what I wore.

Interview Questions

• Some that I can recall is how have you handled a difficult situation with a co-worker, with a customer, and how will your previous work experience apply here.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Was no negotiate phase, pay was good but slightly less than what I currently make at my first job. Not so much about the money for me so it didn't matter for me

Merchandise Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

A forty minute interview, followed by a Microsoft Excel and Ten-key test. It was a fairly basic interview. They often asked for real-life examples. Make sure to prior to the interview, prepare a number of real-life examples. (Ex: When is an example of how you face conflict with a co-worker, how did you deal with it).