Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct, 2014
Updated 18 Oct, 2014

2.6

Internship Interview

Had a first interview with 2 supervisors. at the end of the interview they sent me to a Costco warehouse to be interviewed with the manager. 2weeks after I received a call saying that i'm accepted.

Front End Cashier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2014.

I submitted my application then the next day I got a call to come in for an interview. The interview process was very comfortable and nothing too intense. You sit down with two interviewers (managers) one of them writes down while the other asks questions. The same day I had my first two interviews I was called back for a third interview as I was leaving the parking lot. That very same evening I interviewed with the AGM. Within a week I was hired. Dressing professionally really does make you look like you want The Job. It does not matter what position you are applying for, dress to impress! The two gals I interviewed with were great! Very friendly and relaxed. Overall, the process was painless and with the right attitude Costco will be a great place for you!

No negotiation, everyone starts at 11.50

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

Applied online for any position, and sent in resume along with it. I am 19 years old and I needed a new job due to a recent move. I received a call two days after I submitted my applicaton and was asked to come in for an interview the next day. I was called to dress nice, of course, and to enter the store through the back door and to head up the stairs to the employee room of which they would call me in. My interview was scheduled and they called me in about thirty minutes after it was supposed to be.

I sat down with two supervisors and they asked me a long list of questions regarding previous jobs, work habits, as so forth. They also like to ask you questions such as "Name a situation where you had to step up and take action when nobody else could". Not too hard of a question unless you have experienced something like that in the past.

After that interview was done, I was told to come in for a next interview the following Thursday. Thursday I was there for my interview, along with about 20 other people. At this time I started to get nervous. This time, I waited an Entire HOUR and 30 MINS for them to call me in. This time I interviewed with the Assistant General Manager who sat me down and went over most of the same questions, although when I would answer, he would ask me further and further detail.

THEY LIKE WHEN YOU TELL THEM ITS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!

After that interview, I was told that I would be hired after a background check and drug test were administered, and then after that was all clear, I was called back in for orientation a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think that Costco is right for you? What makes you special over everyone else who applied?   View Answer

Costco Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Online application followed by a lengthy online personality test. The best time to apply is in late spring and before the holiday season. The cut hours and usually stop hiring after New Year's. Three step interview process, on all the same day. Standard questions like, "explain how you handled a difficult situation in your last job."

Interview Questions
    Salary is non-negotiable. You can request certain days off, but you're at the mercy of your manager and his scheduling needs.

Applied In North Brunswick Nj Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

Applied on 6/22 and got called to interview on 7/3. Talked with 2 people, one asked most of the questions while the other wrote stuff down on a yellow note pad. They said this counted as 2 interviews. The 3rd interview is with the warehouse manager which they usually call you back for but i got lucky and spoke with him the same day and was hired on the spot. After speaking with warehouse manager and getting job offer they bring you into a big office to do a drug test and sign off on a background check. I passed the drug test now waiting on background check to go through.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all situational questions such as how do you handle a difficult co worker or a difficult customer, how you work under pressure, name a time when you messed up and had to correct it, what do you know about costco. Overall the interview was great. Very nice people that make you feel comfortable. They are fully aware that a job interview is a nerve wracking experience for some people. As long as you are friendly and have a good personality the interview should be a breeze. The interview is to see what kind of person you are.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Costco asked for a ridiculous amount of personal information, specifically about my existing employer and their benefits. presumably so they could decide if I would accept their offer. Or so they could offer the least possible. No, I'm not interested in working for you!

Interview Questions
    • Please describe your existing vacation, medical and IRA contribution plan.   View Answer

Meat Department Service Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Applied online. Went in to drop off my resume and to meet a manager asked for the hiring manager got a interview on spot ( I was shocked but always ready) nailed interview with 2 mangers and then gm hired on spot. From what I heard and learned they like people who are professional never call to check on application go in and follow up show your face and make a great impression. Note* this was for seasonal* later when my season was up few months later I went in asked for any available position and got hired full time. Plain and simple relax and have confidence. Good luck everyone!

Fixed.

Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

everyone who applies for a position will get an interview. If you are not to far away they will want you to come in. There is always 2 people interviewing you. One will ask questions, one will write down responses. Sometimes the interview is in a busy loud space, and can be very distracting.

Interview Questions
    • What changes would you make to this department (without working in the department, or knowing what changes need to be made)   View Answer

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Interview lasted less then 10 minutes, mostly situation questions and they ask a lot about how you work with other people. No surprising question or any thing. The manager who interviewed me said i would get a call back, never heard anything back from them

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to take the blame for something.   Answer Question

Food Court Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

It was really good had 2 mangers one writing one asking the qestions. I was nervus but I got through the 1st interview then they called me for a 2nd interview it was more indeped about the job. Overal good basic qestions. Just be yourself and ull be fine remeber customer service is number one!

Be yourself