Costco Wholesale

279 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details I initially applied online, and heard back right away. Went in for 2 interviews, the first was standard questions and the second a few more with a second manager present and then the job offer. Overall extremely professional and comfortable.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you have to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Ottawa, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details After handing in an application and resume in person, i was contacted via phone to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 managers who asked a number of questions. After that, I was called in for a second interview. I arrived early, smiled, and had a firm hand shake when met by the warehouse director. He liked those 3 things so much that he told me to forget about this interview as well as the next interview and he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Costco?   Answer Question
  • Explain a situation, whether in school or at work, that did not go as planned and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Front End Assistant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details Met them at my university tunnel. I talked to them and they invited me for an interview. Went for the interview the next day and impressed them with my answers. Got invited again for another interview and was hired

Interview Question – How will you handle a teammate who is not as productive as you are?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2011.

Interview Details I received a call for an interview about 1-2 months after I had dropped off my resume at the warehouse. I was interviewed by both Front End Managers. The interview questions were typical - "Why do you want to work at Costco?" "What makes you qualified for the position?" etc. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes. I was then asked to return in another 2 hours for an interview with the Warehouse Manager. The interview also lasted about 20-30 minutes and the questions asked were very similar to the ones asked during my first interview.

Interview Question – What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Pharmacy Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2013.

Interview Details I had 2 interviews. The first was an interview with the manager of the department I was applying for. The second was with the assistant manager of the store. Both interviews were very relaxed and the managers were very friendly.

Interview Question – I really didn't find any of the questions difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't go through one

Very Easy Interview

Night Merch Interview

Night Merch
Abbotsford, BC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2013.

Interview Details Drop resume and application in person, set up interview at the same time. Went through the interview with the manager and assistant manager of the night merch department. Behavioural questions and that the membership means to costco.

Interview Question – Nothing really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, seasonal with base salary same to everybody.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2013.

Interview Details I applied through a family friend that works at Costco. I was called a few weeks later, and was asked to go through an interview. The interview went well, and I was told that they will call me soon. It's been a few days since and have yet to receive a phone call, but maybe they'll be calling me later on because they told me that their orientation was the week later. I do have a feeling I did get accepted though because they were already talking about the pay and everything. During the interview, just be confident and honest. Make sure you know some facts about Costco so you wouldn't be too clueless on everything.

Two managers were interviewing me, the first half of the questions were asked by one, and the other half by the other. They were polite

Interview Question – They have a sheet of questions where they write down your answers. So I'm assuming it's pretty much standard for north american costco wholesales. Look at the questions on this site, review your answers, and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 12.50 CAD, part time 15 hours a week, friday/sat/sunday only. No negotiations.

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser

Interview Details First interview is with the pm merch manager they pretty much just ask questions off a paper super easy situational questions. Second interview some are done over the phone mine was in person with the merch department manager same deal they had interview questions on a paper more focused on how you can be an asset to the company.

Interview Question – They ask about how you can take some skill or experience from your previous work history to help be an asset to Costco   View Answer

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

Pharmacy Clerk

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details It was a fair interview... 3 interviews overall. One on the phone, one with a general manager and pharmacy manager and another with store manager.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Lots of "tell me about a time where you ______"   Answer Question

Member Greeter Interview

Member Greeter
Winnipeg, MB

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2013.

Interview Details Telephone pre-screener and brief summary of job description and setup time and date for interview and what to bring to interview. Upon arrival connected with membership manager at membership desk per request over phone. Waited about 20 min or more for 2nd connection as she was busy at desk. Finally connected and gave me 4 pg job description of what task I might do and how easy or difficult they might be. About 45 min. later two non-related staff approached me from another dept and said they would be interviewing me. It lasted bout 5-10 min only asked 2-3 questions. I asked for clarification from job analysis doc I read through and got answers back. They said they would be interviewing for 2 weeks more but next day received form letter hand scribbled name and date and unrecognizable signature.

Interview Question – In any situation how did you handle a conflict situation. How do you handle stress?   View Answer

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!