Costco Wholesale

246 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front End Assistant Interview

Toronto, ON

I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2011.

Interview Details I received a call for an interview about 1-2 months after I had dropped off my resume at the warehouse. I was interviewed by both Front End Managers. The interview questions were typical - "Why do you want to work at Costco?" "What makes you qualified for the position?" etc. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes. I was then asked to return in another 2 hours for an interview with the Warehouse Manager. The interview also lasted about 20-30 minutes and the questions asked were very similar to the ones asked during my first interview.

Interview Question – What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Pharmacy Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2013.

Interview Details I had 2 interviews. The first was an interview with the manager of the department I was applying for. The second was with the assistant manager of the store. Both interviews were very relaxed and the managers were very friendly.

Interview Question – I really didn't find any of the questions difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't go through one

Very Easy Interview

Night Merch Interview

Abbotsford, BC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2013.

Interview Details Drop resume and application in person, set up interview at the same time. Went through the interview with the manager and assistant manager of the night merch department. Behavioural questions and that the membership means to costco.

Interview Question – Nothing really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, seasonal with base salary same to everybody.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2013.

Interview Details I applied through a family friend that works at Costco. I was called a few weeks later, and was asked to go through an interview. The interview went well, and I was told that they will call me soon. It's been a few days since and have yet to receive a phone call, but maybe they'll be calling me later on because they told me that their orientation was the week later. I do have a feeling I did get accepted though because they were already talking about the pay and everything. During the interview, just be confident and honest. Make sure you know some facts about Costco so you wouldn't be too clueless on everything.

Two managers were interviewing me, the first half of the questions were asked by one, and the other half by the other. They were polite

Interview Question – They have a sheet of questions where they write down your answers. So I'm assuming it's pretty much standard for north american costco wholesales. Look at the questions on this site, review your answers, and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 12.50 CAD, part time 15 hours a week, friday/sat/sunday only. No negotiations.

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details First interview is with the pm merch manager they pretty much just ask questions off a paper super easy situational questions. Second interview some are done over the phone mine was in person with the merch department manager same deal they had interview questions on a paper more focused on how you can be an asset to the company.

Interview Question – They ask about how you can take some skill or experience from your previous work history to help be an asset to Costco   View Answer

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details It was a fair interview... 3 interviews overall. One on the phone, one with a general manager and pharmacy manager and another with store manager.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Lots of "tell me about a time where you ______"   Answer Question

Member Greeter Interview

Winnipeg, MB

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2013.

Interview Details Telephone pre-screener and brief summary of job description and setup time and date for interview and what to bring to interview. Upon arrival connected with membership manager at membership desk per request over phone. Waited about 20 min or more for 2nd connection as she was busy at desk. Finally connected and gave me 4 pg job description of what task I might do and how easy or difficult they might be. About 45 min. later two non-related staff approached me from another dept and said they would be interviewing me. It lasted bout 5-10 min only asked 2-3 questions. I asked for clarification from job analysis doc I read through and got answers back. They said they would be interviewing for 2 weeks more but next day received form letter hand scribbled name and date and unrecognizable signature.

Interview Question – In any situation how did you handle a conflict situation. How do you handle stress?   View Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser
Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2009.

Interview Details We met in the relaxed resto (cafeteria) area and was asked if i was ok with certain job aspects that was required. Talked about the hours and answered a few simple math questions.

Interview Question – It was unexpected when they asked if i could carry 50 lbs. It is a minimum requirement to be able to carry that weight for a merchandising positions.   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2013.

Interview Details Sent my application in person in early March. Did not hear back from them, so went directly in store to talk to the cashier manager. She then scheduled me for an interview at the end of the same week. I was told to bring CVs and my references.

The first interview comprised of two interviewers, one doing all the talking, the other writing down the answers that you give onto a form (and barely looks at you the whole time). Interviewer was not very friendly; very stoic, unemotional face the whole time, eyes shifting away when I was talking.

After the interview, I was told that I would be contacted in 2 weeks by phone (if they liked me and wanted a 2nd interview) or by snail mail (if they rejected my application).

I'm waiting for their answer, but I don't have high hopes since I tripped on words a lot at the interview and didn't really explain myself clearly. (I will enter "No offer")

Interview Question – All very generic questions such as:
- tell me about yourself
- what is customer service to you?
- can you describe a time where you felt pressured and what you did?
- how you would deal with an unproductive team member?
- how you would deal with conflicts between you and the supervisor?
- why do you want to work here?
  Answer Question

Service Assistant Interview

Service Assistant

Interview Details There are 3 interviews, your first two interviews will be with two people, either a supervisor and AM, or two AM's, or AM and a manager. It is fairly straight forward, just show that you are a hard worker and enjoy working with people and taking care of people i.e. customer service.

Interview Question – Please tell us how you would handle an irate or upset member.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I believe you start at $11.50/hr (cad)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Costco Wholesale

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Costco Wholesale interview questions and advice. All 246 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Costco Wholesale employees and interview candidates.