Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct, 2014
Updated 18 Oct, 2014

2.6

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

I initially applied online, and heard back right away. Went in for 2 interviews, the first was standard questions and the second a few more with a second manager present and then the job offer. Overall extremely professional and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you have to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

After handing in an application and resume in person, i was contacted via phone to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 managers who asked a number of questions. After that, I was called in for a second interview. I arrived early, smiled, and had a firm hand shake when met by the warehouse director. He liked those 3 things so much that he told me to forget about this interview as well as the next interview and he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Costco?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation, whether in school or at work, that did not go as planned and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Met them at my university tunnel. I talked to them and they invited me for an interview. Went for the interview the next day and impressed them with my answers. Got invited again for another interview and was hired

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle a teammate who is not as productive as you are?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2013.

I had 2 interviews. The first was an interview with the manager of the department I was applying for. The second was with the assistant manager of the store. Both interviews were very relaxed and the managers were very friendly.

I didn't go through one

Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

First interview is with the pm merch manager they pretty much just ask questions off a paper super easy situational questions. Second interview some are done over the phone mine was in person with the merch department manager same deal they had interview questions on a paper more focused on how you can be an asset to the company.

Interview Questions
    • They ask about how you can take some skill or experience from your previous work history to help be an asset to Costco   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2013.

I applied through a family friend that works at Costco. I was called a few weeks later, and was asked to go through an interview. The interview went well, and I was told that they will call me soon. It's been a few days since and have yet to receive a phone call, but maybe they'll be calling me later on because they told me that their orientation was the week later. I do have a feeling I did get accepted though because they were already talking about the pay and everything. During the interview, just be confident and honest. Make sure you know some facts about Costco so you wouldn't be too clueless on everything.

Two managers were interviewing me, the first half of the questions were asked by one, and the other half by the other. They were polite

Interview Questions
    • They have a sheet of questions where they write down your answers. So I'm assuming it's pretty much standard for north american costco wholesales. Look at the questions on this site, review your answers, and you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    12.50 CAD, part time 15 hours a week, friday/sat/sunday only. No negotiations.

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

It was a fair interview... 3 interviews overall. One on the phone, one with a general manager and pharmacy manager and another with store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Lots of "tell me about a time where you ______"   Answer Question

Night Merch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2013.

Drop resume and application in person, set up interview at the same time. Went through the interview with the manager and assistant manager of the night merch department. Behavioural questions and that the membership means to costco.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, seasonal with base salary same to everybody.

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2013.

Sent my application in person in early March. Did not hear back from them, so went directly in store to talk to the cashier manager. She then scheduled me for an interview at the end of the same week. I was told to bring CVs and my references.

The first interview comprised of two interviewers, one doing all the talking, the other writing down the answers that you give onto a form (and barely looks at you the whole time). Interviewer was not very friendly; very stoic, unemotional face the whole time, eyes shifting away when I was talking.

After the interview, I was told that I would be contacted in 2 weeks by phone (if they liked me and wanted a 2nd interview) or by snail mail (if they rejected my application).

I'm waiting for their answer, but I don't have high hopes since I tripped on words a lot at the interview and didn't really explain myself clearly. (I will enter "No offer")

Interview Questions
    • All very generic questions such as:
      - tell me about yourself
      - what is customer service to you?
      - can you describe a time where you felt pressured and what you did?
      - how you would deal with an unproductive team member?
      - how you would deal with conflicts between you and the supervisor?
      - why do you want to work here?
        Answer Question

Service Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

There are 3 interviews, your first two interviews will be with two people, either a supervisor and AM, or two AM's, or AM and a manager. It is fairly straight forward, just show that you are a hard worker and enjoy working with people and taking care of people i.e. customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us how you would handle an irate or upset member.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I believe you start at $11.50/hr (cad)