Costco Wholesale Front End Cashier Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct, 2014

2.0

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2014.

I've searched Costco wholesale and interview processes and had read that the first interview was a phone interview. Costco had called me about 2-3 weeks after I submitted an application online. They were hiring for seasonal employees at the time. The call wasn't an interview before. The lady explained to me they were hiring seasonals and they reviewed my application and asked me if I would like to come in for an in-person interview. I said yes, scheduled it and awaited my interview date.
I went in for my interview. I told the person in the front door and they directed me to the food area and told me that the interviewer would be with me in just a little bit. She told me to go sit at the first table by the ice machine..... There was no ice machine. There was a pop machine. I sat right next to the food area for about 5-10 minutes, then decided to switch to the other end which was by the tires. A man walked by about 3 minutes later asking if I was here for an interview. I said yes and he said that he'll be with me in a few minutes. (He was probably a lead or a supervisor.)
He came back with the lady that I had spoken to on the phone (I'm not sure if she was a lead, supervisor or just an HR employee). They sat down and explained what they're expecting from me as far as answers go (they want experience related answers, not what-would-you-do answers). The man told me that if he stops me, it means that he's got his answer and that they'll move to the next question. His demeanor was very "let's get this done and over with." The woman didn't seem too interested. She was writing down my answers and sometimes looked at me blankly. They told me they have a bunch of interviews lined up and so maybe that's why they seemed to be so nonchalant.

My total time there was probably about 30 minutes, and the interview was probably only 5-10 minutes tops. They called me back to schedule a second interview. I scheduled a time with them.
After giving it 2-3 days thought, I became disinterested in the position due to the interviewers' demeanor. I called them back the day of the interview and said that I was no longer able to take the job. The same lady nonchalantly said "okay", said her bye and then hung up.

Interview Questions
  • I don't really remember the questions, but I was asked a lot of"
    Please tell me a time when you....
    The only question I probably remember is "Please tell me a time when you made a mistake and you had to accept the consequences" or something like that.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Costco Wholesale

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

after getting out of the U.S. Navy i was shopping at Costco when i saw an employee wearing a navy hat, after talking to him for a few minutes and saying i had just got out he asked if i was working any where when I said no he suggested i put in a application and said i could use him as a reference so I did. I got an interview a few days later it went very well i was only looking for a part tim e job while i went to school but I stayed here now for 18 years

Interview Questions
    • the most unexpected question i felt was when asked if i had a preference for what shift I wanted to work   View Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Costco Wholesale.

There hiring process was quick. I was in a crowded trailer. There was lots of discussions happening with other people. The interview was quick. I was hired on the spot. Interviewers knew exactly what they wanted, which made the process seamless. They were easy to talk with and were attentive. It was a good experience considering the chaos.

Interview Questions
    No option for negotiations. Set price.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in December 2012.

I applied for this job on-line. On interview were the same questions, like on that kind of test, when you filling up an application. I has two interviews with different people. All the rime the same questions, and checking information about my personality. Nothing difficult. Now i am happy to work there.

Interview Questions
    • There is nothing to worry about. If you could answer on-line, it will be not a problem to answer in person.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2010.

They ask you a lot of ridiculous questions. Examle: what would you do if you saw a man walk in with a long black trech coat?

I said : Say Hello like i would to any customer

THey asked if i would let management know- They obviously were judging this man because he had a trech coat on.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2010.

One interview. Initial process and communication were great. Easy to follow and talk to the lady on the phone. The interview itself was horrible. The questions asked had nothing to do with the job itself and when I arrived the interviewer said the job was only seasonal anyway.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayamon, PR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayamon, PR (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2009.

Had to go through four (4) interviews before I was hired but it was worth it..

Interview Questions
    • There are only two positions left, impress me and tell me why should I give you one of those two positions... and your expectations in the future in the company   View Answer