Cooper Industries

www.cooperindustries.com

Cooper Industries Interview Questions

2.7

Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cooper Industries.

On campus interview, then large panel interviews at headquarters

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter asked for my favorite behavioral question and answer   Answer Question

not an ideal fit

Buyer Planner Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Cooper purchased Wire-Pro - I was an employee of Wire-Pro so I was placed in another position

I was a former employee

Design Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cooper Industries.

I applied through my campus recruiting website and also spoke with one of the recruiters at my university's career fair. A few weeks after applying, I was offered an on-campus interview where I was mainly asked behavioral questions that related to my leadership skills and work experience.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, just ones that you would expect in a behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

One on one interview. Hiring manager was not prepared well, and the questions were all over the place.

Operations Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cooper Industries in December 2012.

Dropped my resume at the Business Career Fair. Interviewed the following week on campus. Interviewed a month later with a group of 50-60 people in Houston. You go through 4 separate 30 minute interviews that are one-on-one. They want someone who is passionate and determined. You have to show you will drive numbers and drive success in all projects and endeavors.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly general questions were asked. Nothing extremely technical.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate. I should have because I know I could have raised my base salary.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Highland, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Cooper Industries in December 2012.

Five people separately starting with HR and employee from applied department. Started with basic introductory questions and finished with 3 behavioral questions. They were very open about making sure you know there are behavior-based questions.
    Next with 2 managers from department. Same approach although it became more informal as time went on. Lastly, the director of the department. About 3 hours total. They had just been bought by Eaton Corp and none of them seemed very comfortable talking about it.

Interview Questions
    • How did you respond when management got angry regarding something you did?   View Answer

Human Resources Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Applied online through corporate site. Within 2 weeks I was contacted for a phone screen via email and had the phone interview 2 days later.

Very friendly.

Basic questions: Why Cooper, tell me about an ethical dilemma, what interests you about the program, what do you want to do in HR. What was your favorite/least favorite class and why?

Pretty informal, lots of opportunity to ask questions.

I asked what the ideal candidate is like and the response was: Good with numbers, innovative, and analytical.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cooper Industries.

The initial phone screening was done by HR. Afterwards, HR scheduled a phone interview with the respective department manager of engineering. The entire interview lasted 40 minutes. Everything was conversational. The interview started off with two behavioral questions and move to technical / process questions. No curve ball questions.

Interview Questions
    • Standard, technical design engineering questions about your experience with CAD tools and design processes. Walk through a successful design process and give your results.   Answer Question

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cooper Industries in May 2012.

About 3 weeks after my initial phone screen I got a call for an in person interview, which was scheduled for 3 hours with 5 different people:
    1) supply chain manager
    2) business director (tour) and HR rep (no show)
    3) MATERIALS MANAGER AND DIRECTOR OF MATERIALS

I got feedback quickly. They said I had too mutch strategic experience, which was clearly outlined on my resume. Either they wanted someone who would do exactly what materials wanted or they had to cancel the recquisition because they got bought by Eaton this week.

Interview Questions
    • What are your daily tactical purchasing duties   View Answer

Commercial Leadership Program Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cooper Industries in March 2012.

The interview was very short - about 15 to 20 minutes long. They asked me a series of questions about my interests and career goals to see if I was a good fit for the position. I couldn't tell if the interview was so short that I would not be offered the job, but I received a call within the week with an offer. The fact that the interview was for an internship (which serves as a long interview for their full time leadership programs) could be the reason for the shorter length.

Interview Questions
    • Not many difficult or unexpected questions. Just be ready to talk about your interests and goals.   Answer Question

Worked for Cooper Industries? Contribute to the Community!