Cooper Industries

Updated 19 Jan, 2015
Updated 19 Jan, 2015

2.7

Operations Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Hiring consisted of: Online tests for numerical and verbal reasoning, telephone interview with competency/experience based questions and assessment day. Assessment day consisted of: Timed general test (that you are not expected to finish, so just try your best), 2 problem solving roleplays (responding to emails on behalf of your manager who is away, I think they want you to try your best and accept all responsibility), interpretation of a business case and then presentation.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult I found was one of the problem solving roleplays which consisted of dealing with a disgruntled employee.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cooper Industries.

I came in for an interview with two managers and I was hired by one. I was walked through the facility to show the nature of the business and hired on the spot after answering a few manufacturing related questions. I was offered a very good salary and the Director of Manufacturing Engineering was an excellent person to work for. He was very knowledgeable and friendly.

I was offered a good enough salary that I did not need to negotiate. It exceeded my expectations and the former employer's salary by a long shot.

Ebs Developer Interview

5 level interview. Good technological evaluation. HR questions are relevant and practical.
    Tech leads are knowledgeable and were more interested in the programmer mentality then specific technology / syntax related questions.

Interview Questions
    • scenario based questions in both technological and HR interviews are good.   Answer Question

Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cooper Industries.

On campus interview, then large panel interviews at headquarters

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter asked for my favorite behavioral question and answer   Answer Question

not an ideal fit

Buyer Planner Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Cooper purchased Wire-Pro - I was an employee of Wire-Pro so I was placed in another position

I was a former employee

Design Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries.

I applied through my campus recruiting website and also spoke with one of the recruiters at my university's career fair. A few weeks after applying, I was offered an on-campus interview where I was mainly asked behavioral questions that related to my leadership skills and work experience.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, just ones that you would expect in a behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

One on one interview. Hiring manager was not prepared well, and the questions were all over the place.

Operations Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cooper Industries in December 2012.

Dropped my resume at the Business Career Fair. Interviewed the following week on campus. Interviewed a month later with a group of 50-60 people in Houston. You go through 4 separate 30 minute interviews that are one-on-one. They want someone who is passionate and determined. You have to show you will drive numbers and drive success in all projects and endeavors.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly general questions were asked. Nothing extremely technical.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate. I should have because I know I could have raised my base salary.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries in December 2012.

Five people separately starting with HR and employee from applied department. Started with basic introductory questions and finished with 3 behavioral questions. They were very open about making sure you know there are behavior-based questions.
    Next with 2 managers from department. Same approach although it became more informal as time went on. Lastly, the director of the department. About 3 hours total. They had just been bought by Eaton Corp and none of them seemed very comfortable talking about it.

Interview Questions
    • How did you respond when management got angry regarding something you did?   View Answer

Human Resources Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Applied online through corporate site. Within 2 weeks I was contacted for a phone screen via email and had the phone interview 2 days later.

Very friendly.

Basic questions: Why Cooper, tell me about an ethical dilemma, what interests you about the program, what do you want to do in HR. What was your favorite/least favorite class and why?

Pretty informal, lots of opportunity to ask questions.

I asked what the ideal candidate is like and the response was: Good with numbers, innovative, and analytical.