Convergys Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  St. John's, NL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in July 2009.

I contacted via their website and email, I was called via phone for interview, did a in person interview in which they wanted to make sure I didn't have religious reasons not to work on Sundays. I felt very uncomfortable in the interview, but I really needed the job so I accepted it. I wisth their lawyers (and maybe some therapists) would teach the HR people how to conduct themselves.

Interview Questions
    • Are you the type of person dedicated enough to work on Sundays despite religious obligations?   View Answer
    could negotiate nothing, the hiring staff did not have the authority. They seemed like they had an agenda to follow, and it you didnt answer right, they wouldnt call you back with an offer. There was no negotiation. They will hire anyone, just on their terms.

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Welland, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welland, ON

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in May 2013.

Hiring process was a bit tough and long. But, they were so good and do understand our previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • i don't think i have had any difficult question, all they ask is about the previous experience.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  St. John's, NL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in August 2011.

Email resume, do an online interview then a telephone one. Online assessment of your computer to see if it is eligible to be used as a work at home computer. 6 weeks training:4 in the classroom and 2 on the floor.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in November 2008.

Lots of STAR questions.
    Situation // Task // Action // Result.
    Try to imagine yourself in a bunch situations and break them down, into those 4 categories. Divide your answer into 4 and be sure the interviewer knows when the situation ends, and the task begins.. when the task ends and the action begins... so forth.

Tell us about a time when you had to deal with conflict.

Tell us about a time when you coached for performance ... and how you followed up to ensure results.

Tell us about a time when you had to coach different people toward the same goal, but used different methods for each.

Tell us about a time when you were faced with multiple tasks at the same time and how you handled it.

Tell us about a time when you didnt agree with a task that your boss instructed you to do and how did you handle it.

There wasnt any.. They made an offer which wasnt negotiable, and either you accept or deny it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Convergys.

When you get there, you have to take two basic map tests, then a ProveIt typing test. Once called to the back to speak with "hr". About 3 questions are asked: strengths, future, time restraints, 24 hpur call center. Sign background and drug test forms.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths? Where do you see yourself in 2 years? Can you work anytime?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in March 2012.

Called on phone asked my interests, experience, and best qualities. The phone interviewer was nice and spoke well. I liked the phone interview because then I did not have to travel and waste gas on a maybe position. They asked if I wanted the job on-the-spot. They gave me detailed instructions of what the process would be.

n/a

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Convergys in August 2014.

Applied online. Received response 2-3 days later which included several online links, tests, assessments, etc. Invited for a phone interview but had to complete additional internet tests and personal assessments first. Completed additional tests and contacted the same day for an interview later that afternoon. The entire process from the submission of application to interview and offer took about 5 days and that includes a 2 day lag due to delaying online tests.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had to up sell or persuade a difficult customer to buy/purchase something.   Answer Question

Customer Tech Support Tier I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Convergys in September 2014.

Once I built a job profile on the Convergys website and applied I received email instructions within 2 weeks to take a test online that had 3 parts. The 1st. part was multiple choice English questions to see your command of the English language. The 2nd part was questions about BASIC computer knowledge and the use of the internet browser, e.g. which of the three symbols in the upper right hand corner of the internet browser minimizes the window and the 3rd part was a typing test.

The whole test lasted close to an hour, once the test was completed it was UNCLEAR how I had done, but it was indicated that an adminstrator would contact me with the test results.

The next day, I received a teleph call from a HR associate to schedule a telephone interview later in the afternoon and also was given a date to come in and complete new hire paper work. I found this unusual because I had not even been given an opportunity to accept or any part of the job had been discussed.

I showed up as instructed, the complex was sprawling with very little signage or building numbers to guide me. Finally, ten other applicants and I were taken to a boardroom and asked to introduce ourselves and given sheets that explained this was a 24/7 operation and that following our 2 week training, our shift would begin between 10:30 and 12:30 P.M. lasting for 8-1/2 hours. We were told briefly about the position that it involved involving taking calls mostly from elderly account holders needing assistance.

The only indication that this was a CALL CENTER OPERATION based on production was when the HR Associate mentioned something about going to the PRODUCTION FLOOR after our 2 weeks of training.

We were then logged onto workstations where we received emailed links to complete various forms provide information to begin background check (IF YOU HAVE LIVED AT MULTIPLE ADDRESSES COME PREPARED TO PROVIDE PREVIOUS ADDRESSES)

It became clearer what this job entailed when I happen to log onto my Convergys job profile that indicated that this was a Customer Service and Problem Res 1 position with a laundry list of responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • Name 3 things that you do at the same time with your computer. How do you close a sale? How do you handle an irate customer   Answer Question

First off, I didnt appreciate how the position that I applied for suddenly was unvavailable and without any notification, I was assigned another position. The other thing that changed my mind was reading all the similiarly written NEGATIVE COMMENTS on the Glassdoor website. I wish I had discovered the Glassdoor website sooner.

CCO Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Convergys in April 2013.

Do not tell truth about the process. They will hire you saying customer service but once you complete the training, then you will see that it is hardcore sale process without any incentive. If you were supposed to get incentive, they will zero out by telling you minor issue which does not even matter.

Interview Questions
    • Easy to be hired and all leave after a month looking at situation and the management   View Answer

Poor management

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in July 2014.

It was mainly a few basic internet knowledge questions, and about if my equipment could passed the tests to run their software. I do not remember which questions she asked, sorry. I was time efficient, didn't take long or interfere with anything else i had to do that day. I had little running around over those few days and had to reschedule, so they were flexible and never denied my a job offer or chance to interview.

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!