Convergys

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
St. John's, NL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in July 2009.

Interview Details I contacted via their website and email, I was called via phone for interview, did a in person interview in which they wanted to make sure I didn't have religious reasons not to work on Sundays. I felt very uncomfortable in the interview, but I really needed the job so I accepted it. I wisth their lawyers (and maybe some therapists) would teach the HR people how to conduct themselves.

Interview Question – Are you the type of person dedicated enough to work on Sundays despite religious obligations?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – could negotiate nothing, the hiring staff did not have the authority. They seemed like they had an agenda to follow, and it you didnt answer right, they wouldnt call you back with an offer. There was no negotiation. They will hire anyone, just on their terms.

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II
Welland, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in May 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process was a bit tough and long. But, they were so good and do understand our previous experience.

Interview Question – i don't think i have had any difficult question, all they ask is about the previous experience.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
St. John's, NL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in August 2011.

Interview Details Email resume, do an online interview then a telephone one. Online assessment of your computer to see if it is eligible to be used as a work at home computer. 6 weeks training:4 in the classroom and 2 on the floor.

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate customer   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Ottawa, ON

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in November 2008.

Interview Details Lots of STAR questions.
Situation // Task // Action // Result.
Try to imagine yourself in a bunch situations and break them down, into those 4 categories. Divide your answer into 4 and be sure the interviewer knows when the situation ends, and the task begins.. when the task ends and the action begins... so forth.

Tell us about a time when you had to deal with conflict.

Tell us about a time when you coached for performance ... and how you followed up to ensure results.

Tell us about a time when you had to coach different people toward the same goal, but used different methods for each.

Tell us about a time when you were faced with multiple tasks at the same time and how you handled it.

Tell us about a time when you didnt agree with a task that your boss instructed you to do and how did you handle it.

Negotiation Details – There wasnt any.. They made an offer which wasnt negotiable, and either you accept or deny it.

Sales & Service Representative II Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Convergys.

Interview Details After I filled out the application, I called the HR Dept and did a phone interview & was given a face to face interview for the next day. At the interview I was told I got the job and had to take a drug test (urine sample) the next day. I had my interview in Mid February and my training class started March 04, 2013

Interview Question – All question were easy   Answer Question

Work At Home Customer Service Representative (RA) Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Convergys.

Interview Details A recruiter calls you and conduct a 10-15 min interview. During the interview they will advise you about the 100% training oppertunity. Ask you skill questions, such as can you type 40 words a min ect. This is the only verbal contact , at least in my expirience. They send an email letting you know you were hired within 2-4 days. Followed by ALL your new hire paperwork.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service/Sales Interview

Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Convergys in October 2011.

Interview Details Interview Process was with HR

Interview Question – the commission rate was different from the interview   Answer Question

Direct TV Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Convergys in April 2012.

Interview Details they first call you in the phone and do a phone interview. then after the phone call they schedule a time for you to come in and do a skill test and a personality test. after you are done with that the hr rep talks to you and asks you question

Customer Care Trainer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys.

Interview Details I applied online and received a call from the local HR rep. I then had two conference call interviews with two management level employees on each. On the second call, one of the employees obviously had no experience in a training environment and asked questions which appeared designed to make himself look intelligent while having no bearing on the job description. I then did a fifteen (15) minute presentation in front of the HR rep and a District Training Manager. I received the job offer the next day.

Interview Question – After the presentation (which consisted of a step-by-step approach to handling a difficult situation), the DTM asked if the order could be reversed.   View Answer

IT Engineer Interview

New Delhi (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in July 2010.

Interview Details Hiring is strictly based on communication skills and technical skill. Candidate is expected to be proficient in these fields.

Interview Question – What is AD structure   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Convergys

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Convergys interview questions and advice. All 284 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Convergys employees and interview candidates.