Convergys

2.3

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welland, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welland, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in May 2013.

Hiring process was a bit tough and long. But, they were so good and do understand our previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • i don't think i have had any difficult question, all they ask is about the previous experience.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in August 2011.

Email resume, do an online interview then a telephone one. Online assessment of your computer to see if it is eligible to be used as a work at home computer. 6 weeks training:4 in the classroom and 2 on the floor.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in July 2009.

I contacted via their website and email, I was called via phone for interview, did a in person interview in which they wanted to make sure I didn't have religious reasons not to work on Sundays. I felt very uncomfortable in the interview, but I really needed the job so I accepted it. I wisth their lawyers (and maybe some therapists) would teach the HR people how to conduct themselves.

Interview Questions
    • Are you the type of person dedicated enough to work on Sundays despite religious obligations?   View Answer
    could negotiate nothing, the hiring staff did not have the authority. They seemed like they had an agenda to follow, and it you didnt answer right, they wouldnt call you back with an offer. There was no negotiation. They will hire anyone, just on their terms.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in November 2008.

Lots of STAR questions.
    Situation // Task // Action // Result.
    Try to imagine yourself in a bunch situations and break them down, into those 4 categories. Divide your answer into 4 and be sure the interviewer knows when the situation ends, and the task begins.. when the task ends and the action begins... so forth.

Tell us about a time when you had to deal with conflict.

Tell us about a time when you coached for performance ... and how you followed up to ensure results.

Tell us about a time when you had to coach different people toward the same goal, but used different methods for each.

Tell us about a time when you were faced with multiple tasks at the same time and how you handled it.

Tell us about a time when you didnt agree with a task that your boss instructed you to do and how did you handle it.

There wasnt any.. They made an offer which wasnt negotiable, and either you accept or deny it.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Convergys.

After the application process, interview was scheduled within 3 days. Interview process was very quick. Interview was a one time multiple manager process. They interviewed and made a decision within a couple days. Didn't drag it out for weeks like other companies.

Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Convergys.

They gave me 2 Interviews about simple management processes. not a very hard interview but now I know why they have such a turnover rate when they hire people because they don't treat their employees with respect.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convergys.

Extremely detailed. Technical interviews should not be given over the phone but rather in person where the candidate and others can collaborate on the best practices and methods. The hiring manager was the one giving the questions and should of been open to further technical ways to improve the way methods or procedures are met. He was very closed minded with a lot of attitude.

Interview Questions
    • Too many to cover, however, make sure you do your homework on protocols both on the layer 2-3. Lots of technical questions   View Answer

Tech Support Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Convergys.

The recruiter called to do a phone interview since this was a work from home position. She gave a brief, and I do mean a very brief, description of the job I would be doing and gave incorrect information to me in regards to certain job metrics that were required to be met. After that quick interview of asking me if I could work from home, which is basically the only requirement to be hired, I was hired. The only tests they did prior to employment was a typing test and you had to perform 3 tests on your computer set up at home.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel like you can work from home every day with little to no contact   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating

Convergys Work From Home Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys.

Very pleasant and enthusiastic woman called to conduct a phone interview with me. She made me feel at ease so I answered the questions almost as if I was talking with a friend. It helped me that I was able to clarify the questions before I answered them so that I could focus on what she really wanted to know. She listened really well because she would acknowledged my response, then summarized her point of the question. It helps to refresh your memory with your past jobs and the ones that you excelled in, why you excelled. And think about how you want to come across about how you deal with management and coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • Think of time you really excelled at a job. What is it that you think helped you excel or why did so well?   View Answer
    • How would you respond if you were told by your manager to spend less time assisting your coworkers?   Answer Question

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys.

Once I filled out the application online and completed a brief test and internet check I was contacted a couple of days later. On the phone interview, I was asked a couple of questions; they also explained the details of the job that I would be doing. I then set up an interview at their office. Not long after I arrived to the interview I was escorted to a computer room and took a 1 minute typing test. After that I waited to speak with my interviewer and was asked various questions about customer service and problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a professional experience when I had demonstrated excellent customer service by solving a problem for a customer?   Answer Question