Convergys Interview Questions

Updated 23 Apr, 2015

2.3

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Convergys (London, ON) in March 2015.

Interview

Job Fair, On-line testing, telephone interview and face to face interview, all staff are encountered were friendly, welcoming and informative. I filled out a two page application. I did a computer literacy test and a typing test. They asked for my resume and two employer references. They explained the salary, bonuses, the duties, their expectations, benefits, training very well so I that I didn't have too many questions. Also, asked if I was planning to return to school and when. How did I handle difficult customers in the past.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experience? Were you ever convicted of a criminal offence for which you have not been pardoned. Asked about transportation. They explained the salary, bonuses, the duties, their expectations, benefits, training very well so I that I didn't have any questions. Also, asked if I was planning to return to school and when.   1 Answer

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welland, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys (Welland, ON) in May 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was a bit tough and long. But, they were so good and do understand our previous experience.

Interview Questions

• i don't think i have had any difficult question, all they ask is about the previous experience.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys (St. John's, NL) in August 2011.

Interview

Email resume, do an online interview then a telephone one. Online assessment of your computer to see if it is eligible to be used as a work at home computer. 6 weeks training:4 in the classroom and 2 on the floor.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys (St. John's, NL) in July 2009.

Interview

I contacted via their website and email, I was called via phone for interview, did a in person interview in which they wanted to make sure I didn't have religious reasons not to work on Sundays. I felt very uncomfortable in the interview, but I really needed the job so I accepted it. I wisth their lawyers (and maybe some therapists) would teach the HR people how to conduct themselves.

Interview Questions

• Are you the type of person dedicated enough to work on Sundays despite religious obligations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

could negotiate nothing, the hiring staff did not have the authority. They seemed like they had an agenda to follow, and it you didnt answer right, they wouldnt call you back with an offer. There was no negotiation. They will hire anyone, just on their terms.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys (Ottawa, ON) in November 2008.

Interview

Lots of STAR questions.
    Situation // Task // Action // Result.
    Try to imagine yourself in a bunch situations and break them down, into those 4 categories. Divide your answer into 4 and be sure the interviewer knows when the situation ends, and the task begins.. when the task ends and the action begins... so forth.

Tell us about a time when you had to deal with conflict.

Tell us about a time when you coached for performance ... and how you followed up to ensure results.

Tell us about a time when you had to coach different people toward the same goal, but used different methods for each.

Tell us about a time when you were faced with multiple tasks at the same time and how you handled it.

Tell us about a time when you didnt agree with a task that your boss instructed you to do and how did you handle it.

Negotiation

There wasnt any.. They made an offer which wasnt negotiable, and either you accept or deny it.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys (Orem, UT (US)).

Interview

Apply online then come in for a face-to-face interview, usually with 2 people. They interview is not difficult or long but they like to think they are selective ... they are not. Basically as long as you have a heart beat, can speak in complete sentences and are not stoned at the time of the interview they will hire you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is NO negotiation phase, you either accept their offer or you don't

ACE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

Interview

Very short and simple. Theres loads of information they don't tell you about actual job like attendance and mandatory overtime and tricky compensation. The recruiter makes it seem like a breeze and when you actually get into the job, you find out the reality of commission at end of month long training. By that time its too late to back out. Typical day scenario- Customer calls in to lower bill, they have all movie channels on their lineup but can't afford them. You look for discounts for them but none are avail.It comes down to them just not being able to afford them and not being home enough to use them anyways. The movie channels ALONE are 50 dollars. Overtime you remove a movie channel, its a dollar each. You take over a 100 calls a day and every other call is this way. There are 4 main movie channels: HBO STARZ SHOWTIME AND CINEMAX. Each call is 4 bucks out of YOUR commission because customer can't afford them and you need to remove them. DO THE MATH AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS JOB.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Convergys (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Typing test, short test on some general technology, then the interview.
    This was the worst interview I have ever done in my life! They asked the most ridiculous questions so that by the time I got to anything meaningful I could no longer think and my mind went blank. What made it difficult was the wording of the questions. It was like each question was missing the actual point of the question. I want a redo. I was so excited to get this interview. I prepared for it for hours. By the end of it I was disappointed and confused. How did an interview I should have landed on the spot go so wrong... It's not the fact that I didn't get the job I can handle that. But the fact that makes me feel like I was set up to fail was that anytime I wanted to talk about what clients have said to me in the past or

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

It was long had to take two tests they were easy some questions had nothing to do with the job. The test was long you had to past with a 70. I had to do a mock call it was easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was not negotiable because I had no experience.

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Convergys.

Interview

After the application process, interview was scheduled within 3 days. Interview process was very quick. Interview was a one time multiple manager process. They interviewed and made a decision within a couple days. Didn't drag it out for weeks like other companies.