Convergys

2.3

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welland, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welland, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in May 2013.

Hiring process was a bit tough and long. But, they were so good and do understand our previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • i don't think i have had any difficult question, all they ask is about the previous experience.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in August 2011.

Email resume, do an online interview then a telephone one. Online assessment of your computer to see if it is eligible to be used as a work at home computer. 6 weeks training:4 in the classroom and 2 on the floor.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in July 2009.

I contacted via their website and email, I was called via phone for interview, did a in person interview in which they wanted to make sure I didn't have religious reasons not to work on Sundays. I felt very uncomfortable in the interview, but I really needed the job so I accepted it. I wisth their lawyers (and maybe some therapists) would teach the HR people how to conduct themselves.

Interview Questions
    • Are you the type of person dedicated enough to work on Sundays despite religious obligations?   View Answer
    could negotiate nothing, the hiring staff did not have the authority. They seemed like they had an agenda to follow, and it you didnt answer right, they wouldnt call you back with an offer. There was no negotiation. They will hire anyone, just on their terms.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in November 2008.

Lots of STAR questions.
    Situation // Task // Action // Result.
    Try to imagine yourself in a bunch situations and break them down, into those 4 categories. Divide your answer into 4 and be sure the interviewer knows when the situation ends, and the task begins.. when the task ends and the action begins... so forth.

Tell us about a time when you had to deal with conflict.

Tell us about a time when you coached for performance ... and how you followed up to ensure results.

Tell us about a time when you had to coach different people toward the same goal, but used different methods for each.

Tell us about a time when you were faced with multiple tasks at the same time and how you handled it.

Tell us about a time when you didnt agree with a task that your boss instructed you to do and how did you handle it.

There wasnt any.. They made an offer which wasnt negotiable, and either you accept or deny it.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tamarac, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tamarac, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys.

They hire pretty much anyone that can speak English or Spanish that can walk on 2 legs. Mass turn-over - you produce or they will start notating it. You need to be adaptable to high levels of stress and change to maintain your position.

Interview Questions
    2 stages. I had to go back to fill out papers.

Technical Support Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

There were 6 rounds of interviews and all are very simple. The key to crack the interview is to be confident and have good communication skills. The interviewers were very friendly, which automatically boosts your morale while giving the interview.

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys.

The initial contact was through an email received from the recruiter. Then there was a follow up call to explain a bit about the position. The recruiter then stated that another email was going to be sent in which there was instruction for computer testing, computer, headset, and USB requirements. Once all testing was submitted, another call was received advising the turn out of the tests and advising that they would be calling back for a telephone interview. A phone call was received, interview, I wouldn't say that it was really an interview. Information about the company and position was gone over again, questions were ask about if the work could be done in a quiet place. Questions were answered, done with interview. From there on out, no other telephone contact was made, everything was done via email. I did try to contact someone during the hiring paperwork process but that call wasn't answered only by email and it took forever to get it.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions pertaining the work at home customer service position.   Answer Question

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys.

It was easy. Very friendly interviewer. My suggestion is to study your resume and have it in front of you. Try to relate every past job to some aspect of the position.

None

Customer Service Representative II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

First interview- included a series of computer test, typing, problem solving
    Second Interview- one on one, dummy phone call to test your ability to multitask and uncover customer needs, very scripted

Technical Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convergys.

Took about 2 weeks, phone interview, you take a drug test and if you pass you're hired. I had to fax a bunch of paper work to them and get some things signed but the overall experience wasn't bad.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a router and the Ethernet?   Answer Question
    When you accept the job, make sure you're good with multitasking