Convergys

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
St. John's, NL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in July 2009.

Interview Details I contacted via their website and email, I was called via phone for interview, did a in person interview in which they wanted to make sure I didn't have religious reasons not to work on Sundays. I felt very uncomfortable in the interview, but I really needed the job so I accepted it. I wisth their lawyers (and maybe some therapists) would teach the HR people how to conduct themselves.

Interview Question – Are you the type of person dedicated enough to work on Sundays despite religious obligations?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – could negotiate nothing, the hiring staff did not have the authority. They seemed like they had an agenda to follow, and it you didnt answer right, they wouldnt call you back with an offer. There was no negotiation. They will hire anyone, just on their terms.

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II
Welland, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in May 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process was a bit tough and long. But, they were so good and do understand our previous experience.

Interview Question – i don't think i have had any difficult question, all they ask is about the previous experience.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
St. John's, NL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in August 2011.

Interview Details Email resume, do an online interview then a telephone one. Online assessment of your computer to see if it is eligible to be used as a work at home computer. 6 weeks training:4 in the classroom and 2 on the floor.

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate customer   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Ottawa, ON

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in November 2008.

Interview Details Lots of STAR questions.
Situation // Task // Action // Result.
Try to imagine yourself in a bunch situations and break them down, into those 4 categories. Divide your answer into 4 and be sure the interviewer knows when the situation ends, and the task begins.. when the task ends and the action begins... so forth.

Tell us about a time when you had to deal with conflict.

Tell us about a time when you coached for performance ... and how you followed up to ensure results.

Tell us about a time when you had to coach different people toward the same goal, but used different methods for each.

Tell us about a time when you were faced with multiple tasks at the same time and how you handled it.

Tell us about a time when you didnt agree with a task that your boss instructed you to do and how did you handle it.

Negotiation Details – There wasnt any.. They made an offer which wasnt negotiable, and either you accept or deny it.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Convergys in June 2014.

Interview Details My first encounter with this company was through a job fair. My resume was given and from that no contact was made for weeks. I went online and applied for the customer care position. There were many questions and online forms to fill out during the application process. Immediately after the innitial application was submitted I received an automated email notifying me of walk-in interviews being conducted on a specific day. I went to the interview and spoke with the first admissions rep who asked me about myself and if I worked there before. After that, more online forms for the company were filled out while there, and an exam was given to test my knowledge of computers. After my scores were tallied, I had yet another rep I spoke too who then proceeded to tell me more about the position and the hours and company requirements. The whole process took about 4 hours, so definitely eat before hand and show up early. Interview times may vary but that was mine. At the end I was told which training class I was in and what date it started class.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation on pay or shift time; however, once hired and passed the training phase, you can bid on open shifts to change your hours (based off your call stats) and the potential to earn raises are plenty. Just showing up to work on time every schedualed day for 6 months gives you a raise. So your career is litterally in your hands and have the potential of making 13.00 an hour max plus bonuses.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II
Laredo, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Convergys in July 2014.

Interview Details The interview process was fairly simple. Glassdoor provided great interview and salary information to help me lock the job and proper pay. I highly recommend this Web site to anyone looking for any kind of job.

Interview Question – Given you're business ventures and schedule, how will you find time to work at our company so it doesn't interfere with our routine?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was easy; I had the upper hand, knowing all the information Glassdoor provided me. Highly recommend this site.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in August 2012.

Interview Details The process was pretty simple. You feel out the application online after answering a series of questions to build your profile on their website and preference choices. When selected, then you took a couple of test like typing speed, speech quality as well as knowledge in basic window programs. From there once everything has passed as well as your computer that you will be using passes all of their checks. You should receive an email to set up for a one on one interview.

Interview Question – none that I dealt with   Answer Question

Call Center Agent Interview

Call Center Agent

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in August 2013.

Interview Details They will give an interview to anyone and everyone who submits a resume. Unless you're illiterate, you will get hired. Just be polite, lie and say that you have customer service experience, and tell them that you can work nights and weekends.

Interview Question – The most difficult question they asked was to describe your most memorable customer service job.   Answer Question

Technical Support Agent Interview

Technical Support Agent
Jacksonville, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in July 2011.

Interview Details at first I was on usps project ,took test on website was interviewed by phone and hired , once usps project was lost was offered oppurtunity to train on Directv project with paycut

Interview Question – would you be willing to take pay cut? if you said no then bye bye   View Answer

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Convergys in May 2013.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interviews. They will call you at 11 or 12 but the rounds will start only after 3.
First will be a written test with networking related objective type questions.
Then there will be an one on one operations round.
Finally there will be a VNA test.

Interview Question – Exchange roles, Outlook issues, Migrations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Had to join immediately. So could not serve the notice periods in previous firm. Got a hike of 50%.

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!