ConocoPhillips Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct, 2014

2.9

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Talked to recruiter at career fair. Got an interview on campus. Was asked four questions where they asked to describe how you were able to over come problems through teamwork, communication, etc. Got called for an on-site interview. Had similar interviews comapred to the one on campus however it was with 4 different recruiters ratehr than one. I was contacted a week later.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at ConocoPhillips in June 2013.

Applied through the website and contacted for phone interview few weeks after. the phone interview was very quick going through backgrounds on my resume. By the end of the week I was invited to a onsite interview. The onsite interview included four panel and asked five behavior questions. They were really friendly and nice. A week later I was told to go for another interview. This time it was with the manager of the department and had similar questions to the first round. Now I'm waiting for their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult but the questions are all behavioral so you really need to prepare ahead of time. You will need to provide them with examples and not how you will handle the situation.   Answer Question

ONRR Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in June 2013.

I went through a staffing agency and was told I was a great candidate. I took an Excel test and scored 90%(not bad since I haven't manipulated Excel in 9 years and do not use it in my everyday job function). I have a BS in Accounting and graduated 3rd overall with a 3.7(they were looking for a min gpa of 3.2). That coupled with my Excel score was good enough to garner an interview. It was a last minute interview. I was told the day before at 4pm that they wanted an interview for 9am. I agreed to 3:30pm.
    I got there and they interviewers were 15 mins late, first of all. Then they seemed genuinely disappointed that I was actually black. Interview was brief and casual. Behavioral questions, which I handled to the best of my ability. They seemed disineterested, disengaged, and their demeanor just read negatively.
    I was told later by the staffing agency that they chose not to hire me based on my Excel score, the same score they saw PRIOR to the interview. I took it as code for she's too smart and too black. The look on their faces said it all when they realized I was the person behind the resume. I pretty much knew then it was going to be a no, so I waited on the staffing agency so I could hear the "official" reason. I know its Bartlesville and Conoco is the head honcho in those parts, so its no coincidence that black people don't live there.

Interview Questions
    • None of their questions were hard. I just felt they half listened to my answers. I was asked about my Excel use in my daily job function and I answered, it's not something I do. I am familiar with the program and have excellent proficient knowledge but I haven't had a use for it in my past jobs. Then I was asked to tell them about my use of pivot tables at my previous job. That showed me they didn't pay attention to what I said.   View Answer

Petrotech Apprentice Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

I applied to ConocoPhillips Graduate Development Program called Petro Tech Apprentice in Indonesia, to be exact at Depok - Universitas Indonesia. First test is English test with TOEIC standard. Then, if you pass this test, you can go on to the next test which are psychometry test and interview with psychologist. Psychometry test is done on the same day with english test, then the interview will be done on the next day.

Interview Questions
    • There is no unexpected question, but the question is correlate with our job experience or organizational experience. For example, what problem that you have faced in your organization or your job? such thing like that. Actually, the question will be the same like the question in the form that you have to filled in before the interview   Answer Question

Summit Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interviewed at a job fair and a site visit a few weeks later at the HQ in Houston. Interviewed with 5 different people who asked a lot of cliche behavioral questions from what I believe was a prepared list. Everyone I met with seemed professional and pleasant. Didn't hear back from this company for 3 WEEKS after this interview, but was finally given a verbal offer (salary, start date, etc).
    Was told to expect an official written offer in a few days, then was asked for my college transcript which no one had asked for during this whole process. Didn't hear anything for a few days, then received a call saying they were retracting my offer due to lower than expected grades on my transcript.
    Obviously I thought this was poorly handled, if it was so important to them why did they not ask for it before?
     I recommend you take a strong look at this program before you potentially waste over a month of your time with these people like I did.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you used your technical abilities to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Sourcing & Contracting Coordinator/Senior Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in April 2013.

Applied back in early Feb, was contacted in April for an interview at headquarters. I was told it would be from 1-4p. Conversations were pretty fluid but the entire interview only last 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change at your current job? What Terms and Conditions do you normally follow?   Answer Question

PTRRC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interviewed by two managers. They asked about my experience. Very conversational.

Con: It took 4 months to hear back on a decision.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more like a conversation to get to know me. They asked if I had any experience in taxes, real estate, and properties.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in March 2013.

Takes a while to get through the system. HR and recruiting is somewhat unwieldy. Once they are interested, opportunities come up. Interviews are not particularly difficult if you are competent and knowledgable about your subject matter.

I don't rate the interviews as too difficult, but if I was applying outside my depth, I think I would have been weeded out.

Interview Questions
    • Only surprise was they drug test. (Very safety conscious).   View Answer
    They start with a very competitive offer. Consider any offer you get to be about 50% higher when you factor in the generous benefits. (Great profit-sharing, bonus, on-site health facilities, etc.)

If anything, they aren't aggressive enough in presenting the opportunity.

RPA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in March 2013.

applied through school website and was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. There were several people there to talk with you before the interview and get you to fill out something's. I had two people interview me asked a lot of different types of questions, but the hardest was behavioral type questions.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Met the recruiters at a job fair. They selected about 10 for the interview process, and filled two spots. The interview was very basic behavioral questions, with maybe one or two technical questions. ConocoPhillips had very friendly employees, and emailed/called with an offer about three weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Name something you didn't do and/or regret from your college experience.   Answer Question