ConocoPhillips

Updated 3 Feb, 2015
Updated 3 Feb, 2015

2.9

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

Met with representatives at an on campus career fair and they held a follow up dinner that same night. They made it very relaxing and not an intimidating atmosphere. It was nice to talk with them and ask questions before the actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a team and something didn't go your way   Answer Question

RPA Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

It was an on-campus interview through career services, I was interviewed by two men. One asked the questions and the other wrote down my answers. It was all behavior questions, and the interviewer would tell me which category of behavioral questions he was about to ask (ex: "the next few questions will be customer based")

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where your work environment was uncomfortable.

Describe a situation where a customer demanded too much of you.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

The interview process was very smooth. The recruiters came in for an on-site interview at my university and after connecting well with my interviewer we just talked about our experiences.

Mechanical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2013.

I applied on their site and received an phone call about 1 month later. I did a phone interview the next week and I was told that I would hear back in a week or so. After another month they call to schedule me for a face to face interview with two hiring officials. They gave me a date that was about 2 weeks out. The interview went well and it was very laid back. I was told to expect a phone call in a week to let me know either way. 6 weeks later I still have not heard anything and I have contacted the recruiters about once a week and I get the same outcome. Waiting on the hiring manager to make a decision. This has been a 4 month process with no outcome

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Asked how I would handle safety and employees.   Answer Question

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2013.

They took us out to a pre-interview dinner the night before, at a nice place. The next day we were taken to a "holding" room where we were greeted by a current employee who answered any questions we had and gave us some confidence. We were then taken back to the room where I was greeted by my two interviewers who I had met the night before. Since we had chatted at the dinner, the atmosphere was pretty relaxed. All behavioral, nothing hard. Took a little over 2 weeks for the to get back with me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to recruit other people? Was it difficult?   Answer Question
    No negotiation as the price is very high compared to other firms for an internship.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

It was only one interview session for about 40 mins. Strictly personality based questions, no theoretical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions don't have a right answer so none were difficult   Answer Question

GGGRE Data Analyst (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied online – interviewed at ConocoPhillips in July 2013.

I applied online on their website and was contacted about 1 month later on the phone by a recruiter who asked me if I am willing to relocate and how much I am expecting. She then scheduled a phone interview for me with the hiring manager in 6 days’ time. I called in on the day and time of the interview using a code provided to me by the recruiter. After the initial introduction, one of the hiring managers interviewing me asked that I tell them about myself. She told me that it seems that most of the jobs I have done were on the interpretation side.
    She also asked me if I have used seimic or worked with seismic data in the past. The other hiring manager, who is a male, asked me what type of logging I know about and which one I have done. They seemed to be raising objection that I have done more of interpretation related geology job than data management. I tried my best to address the objection by saying that I was looking forward to the new challenge and that I know I could achieve anything I put my mind to. They also asked me what data management software I have you used. What system/software storage have you used? What type of software/data loading management system you have used?

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a question on Data management software I have not heard before   View Answer

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Talked to recruiter at career fair. Got an interview on campus. Was asked four questions where they asked to describe how you were able to over come problems through teamwork, communication, etc. Got called for an on-site interview. Had similar interviews comapred to the one on campus however it was with 4 different recruiters ratehr than one. I was contacted a week later.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at ConocoPhillips in June 2013.

Applied through the website and contacted for phone interview few weeks after. the phone interview was very quick going through backgrounds on my resume. By the end of the week I was invited to a onsite interview. The onsite interview included four panel and asked five behavior questions. They were really friendly and nice. A week later I was told to go for another interview. This time it was with the manager of the department and had similar questions to the first round. Now I'm waiting for their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult but the questions are all behavioral so you really need to prepare ahead of time. You will need to provide them with examples and not how you will handle the situation.   Answer Question

ONRR Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in June 2013.

I went through a staffing agency and was told I was a great candidate. I took an Excel test and scored 90%(not bad since I haven't manipulated Excel in 9 years and do not use it in my everyday job function). I have a BS in Accounting and graduated 3rd overall with a 3.7(they were looking for a min gpa of 3.2). That coupled with my Excel score was good enough to garner an interview. It was a last minute interview. I was told the day before at 4pm that they wanted an interview for 9am. I agreed to 3:30pm.
    I got there and they interviewers were 15 mins late, first of all. Then they seemed genuinely disappointed that I was actually black. Interview was brief and casual. Behavioral questions, which I handled to the best of my ability. They seemed disineterested, disengaged, and their demeanor just read negatively.
    I was told later by the staffing agency that they chose not to hire me based on my Excel score, the same score they saw PRIOR to the interview. I took it as code for she's too smart and too black. The look on their faces said it all when they realized I was the person behind the resume. I pretty much knew then it was going to be a no, so I waited on the staffing agency so I could hear the "official" reason. I know its Bartlesville and Conoco is the head honcho in those parts, so its no coincidence that black people don't live there.

Interview Questions
    • None of their questions were hard. I just felt they half listened to my answers. I was asked about my Excel use in my daily job function and I answered, it's not something I do. I am familiar with the program and have excellent proficient knowledge but I haven't had a use for it in my past jobs. Then I was asked to tell them about my use of pivot tables at my previous job. That showed me they didn't pay attention to what I said.   View Answer