ConocoPhillips

Updated 20 Nov, 2014

2.9

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2013.

They took us out to a pre-interview dinner the night before, at a nice place. The next day we were taken to a "holding" room where we were greeted by a current employee who answered any questions we had and gave us some confidence. We were then taken back to the room where I was greeted by my two interviewers who I had met the night before. Since we had chatted at the dinner, the atmosphere was pretty relaxed. All behavioral, nothing hard. Took a little over 2 weeks for the to get back with me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to recruit other people? Was it difficult?   Answer Question
    No negotiation as the price is very high compared to other firms for an internship.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

It was only one interview session for about 40 mins. Strictly personality based questions, no theoretical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions don't have a right answer so none were difficult   Answer Question

GGGRE Data Analyst (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied online – interviewed at ConocoPhillips in July 2013.

I applied online on their website and was contacted about 1 month later on the phone by a recruiter who asked me if I am willing to relocate and how much I am expecting. She then scheduled a phone interview for me with the hiring manager in 6 days’ time. I called in on the day and time of the interview using a code provided to me by the recruiter. After the initial introduction, one of the hiring managers interviewing me asked that I tell them about myself. She told me that it seems that most of the jobs I have done were on the interpretation side.
    She also asked me if I have used seimic or worked with seismic data in the past. The other hiring manager, who is a male, asked me what type of logging I know about and which one I have done. They seemed to be raising objection that I have done more of interpretation related geology job than data management. I tried my best to address the objection by saying that I was looking forward to the new challenge and that I know I could achieve anything I put my mind to. They also asked me what data management software I have you used. What system/software storage have you used? What type of software/data loading management system you have used?

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a question on Data management software I have not heard before   View Answer

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Talked to recruiter at career fair. Got an interview on campus. Was asked four questions where they asked to describe how you were able to over come problems through teamwork, communication, etc. Got called for an on-site interview. Had similar interviews comapred to the one on campus however it was with 4 different recruiters ratehr than one. I was contacted a week later.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at ConocoPhillips in June 2013.

Applied through the website and contacted for phone interview few weeks after. the phone interview was very quick going through backgrounds on my resume. By the end of the week I was invited to a onsite interview. The onsite interview included four panel and asked five behavior questions. They were really friendly and nice. A week later I was told to go for another interview. This time it was with the manager of the department and had similar questions to the first round. Now I'm waiting for their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult but the questions are all behavioral so you really need to prepare ahead of time. You will need to provide them with examples and not how you will handle the situation.   Answer Question

ONRR Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in June 2013.

I went through a staffing agency and was told I was a great candidate. I took an Excel test and scored 90%(not bad since I haven't manipulated Excel in 9 years and do not use it in my everyday job function). I have a BS in Accounting and graduated 3rd overall with a 3.7(they were looking for a min gpa of 3.2). That coupled with my Excel score was good enough to garner an interview. It was a last minute interview. I was told the day before at 4pm that they wanted an interview for 9am. I agreed to 3:30pm.
    I got there and they interviewers were 15 mins late, first of all. Then they seemed genuinely disappointed that I was actually black. Interview was brief and casual. Behavioral questions, which I handled to the best of my ability. They seemed disineterested, disengaged, and their demeanor just read negatively.
    I was told later by the staffing agency that they chose not to hire me based on my Excel score, the same score they saw PRIOR to the interview. I took it as code for she's too smart and too black. The look on their faces said it all when they realized I was the person behind the resume. I pretty much knew then it was going to be a no, so I waited on the staffing agency so I could hear the "official" reason. I know its Bartlesville and Conoco is the head honcho in those parts, so its no coincidence that black people don't live there.

Interview Questions
    • None of their questions were hard. I just felt they half listened to my answers. I was asked about my Excel use in my daily job function and I answered, it's not something I do. I am familiar with the program and have excellent proficient knowledge but I haven't had a use for it in my past jobs. Then I was asked to tell them about my use of pivot tables at my previous job. That showed me they didn't pay attention to what I said.   View Answer

Petrotech Apprentice Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

I applied to ConocoPhillips Graduate Development Program called Petro Tech Apprentice in Indonesia, to be exact at Depok - Universitas Indonesia. First test is English test with TOEIC standard. Then, if you pass this test, you can go on to the next test which are psychometry test and interview with psychologist. Psychometry test is done on the same day with english test, then the interview will be done on the next day.

Interview Questions
    • There is no unexpected question, but the question is correlate with our job experience or organizational experience. For example, what problem that you have faced in your organization or your job? such thing like that. Actually, the question will be the same like the question in the form that you have to filled in before the interview   Answer Question

Summit Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interviewed at a job fair and a site visit a few weeks later at the HQ in Houston. Interviewed with 5 different people who asked a lot of cliche behavioral questions from what I believe was a prepared list. Everyone I met with seemed professional and pleasant. Didn't hear back from this company for 3 WEEKS after this interview, but was finally given a verbal offer (salary, start date, etc).
    Was told to expect an official written offer in a few days, then was asked for my college transcript which no one had asked for during this whole process. Didn't hear anything for a few days, then received a call saying they were retracting my offer due to lower than expected grades on my transcript.
    Obviously I thought this was poorly handled, if it was so important to them why did they not ask for it before?
     I recommend you take a strong look at this program before you potentially waste over a month of your time with these people like I did.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you used your technical abilities to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Sourcing & Contracting Coordinator/Senior Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in April 2013.

Applied back in early Feb, was contacted in April for an interview at headquarters. I was told it would be from 1-4p. Conversations were pretty fluid but the entire interview only last 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change at your current job? What Terms and Conditions do you normally follow?   Answer Question

PTRRC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interviewed by two managers. They asked about my experience. Very conversational.

Con: It took 4 months to hear back on a decision.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more like a conversation to get to know me. They asked if I had any experience in taxes, real estate, and properties.   Answer Question