ConAgra Foods Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr, 2015

2.7

Sale Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods (Mississauga, ON).

Interview

There were 3 phone Interviews, one in-person interview. Lots of great questions during the phone interviews but when it came to the in-person interview with three team members and one manager on conference call, the conversation had a few unnecessary skill testing questions (see below), which I would have never thought would have been asked.

Interview Questions

• List the steps on how you would get new a customer?   1 Answer
    • List the things you'd do on a work day starting with getting out of bed?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ConAgra Foods (Toronto, ON) in January 2009.

Interview

General questions to get to know each other. Asked about experience.
    Be professional and mature - that's the best advise I can give.
    Human resource individuals interviewed me.
    gave info on products and company, as well as position.
    ask lots of questions

Good luck

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview

Behavioral Questions, mainly. There were a couple of interviews, with a couple of people from the department and HR. Company culture represented well through HR. Environment is inclusive and diverse.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ConAgra?   1 Answer

Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later from a company recruiter to set up a phone interview. Had a 30 min interview with the recruiter with general interview questions. Called me about a week later to ask me to interview on site. I interviewed with the hiring manager and a few co workers which ended up being a 4 hour process. All had general interview questions and were very informative about the position I was interviewing for.

I received a phone call about a week later with the offer. It was a strong offer so I did not negotiate. Overall it was a good interview experience!

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview

I applied for a couple of jobs online and then reached out to someone that I know that currently works there. My resume was passed along to an internal recruiter. She was so great to work with, excellent transparency and really wanted to find something that was a good fit for me. Followed up with a phone interview with hiring manager. More interested in why ConAgra, why the role, career aspirations. Spoke to my resume and a couple of behavioral questions but nothing difficult, was just honest. Next step was internal interview 5 half-half - hour interviews, one being with the hiring manager. She was so gracious and used this time for me to ask her questions, 45 minutes of candor. Behavioral questions and talked about my past experiences for the other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were proactive in making a change and what was the result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I thought it was a strong offer and they have a great benefits package, coupled with genuine people that really care about a good fit!

Maintenance Ele Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview

Had two interview, one on the phone and one in person. They want people with a good back ground in the maintenance dept, and working with Ele. How well you work with other people.
    Will you work weekends, We have a 12hr's shift, four group, A,B,(Days) C,D (Nights) You will start on the D group that work 6pm to 6am Wed - Sat night, and Thur - Sat night) three day off and four days off, in two weeks, they pay over time after 36 hours. One week is 36 hours and the other week is 48 hours. So this work out ok for pay on the two weeks.

Interview Questions

• When you take the test, it is very hard, you need to now about PLC and Ele, for the Maintenance Ele Job, or test for the Maintenance Mech Job you need to now Mill, welding, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview

After applying, it took 2 weeks to get an interview scheduled. One week later, I did a video-interview with two employees. The next day I received a call with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic facts about yourself, lots of behavioral questions, knowledge about ConAgra, what you think you will get out of the internship   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in November 2014.

Interview

Spoke with a Sr. Financial Analyst via telehpone who screened me through to an interview with two finance managers. The second interview was two 30 minute WebEx interview back to back. About two weeks later (Thanksgiving in the middle may have slowed this down) they got back to me. In terms of the questions, it was all behavioral questions - how are you working to meet goals? Example of teamwork? etc.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my favorite ConAgra product - testing to see if I actually knew the company.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview

Visited a ConAgra foods booth at an Iowa State career fair. They seemed extremely nice and knowledgeable about engineering projects and operations. After talking to 2 people at the booth I left and within 1 hour I received a call to schedule an on campus interview with in the next two days. The interview was a one on one. In two weeks I received a call from headquarters asking me to rank 12 Manufacturing plants in order in which I would like to interview with. I then received two invites for a webex conference interview. Both interviews had 3 people asking questions. within the week I had an offer from my first choice. Background check and hair follicle test are required 30 days before your start date.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the diversity of the manufacturing floor at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a week to accept or decline. I am unaware if negotiation is possible as an intern however I wouldn't try it.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConAgra Foods in October 2014.

Interview

There was an on campus interview consisting of two parts. The first part consisted of meeting with two representatives from ConAgra from the HR department. It was a lot of behavior based questions and questions about my past experience. The second part was much of the same, but with two people from the IT department. It was very friendly, a lot of just getting to know you and seeing if you would fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. It was just a conversation between me and them, nothing technical in terms of IT.   Answer Question