ConAgra Foods Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

The process took 2 days - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in January 2009.

General questions to get to know each other. Asked about experience.
    Be professional and mature - that's the best advise I can give.
    Human resource individuals interviewed me.
    gave info on products and company, as well as position.
    ask lots of questions

Good luck

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Focused heavily on behavior and situational questions. The interview was structured into two mini interviews within 30 minutes. The first portion was with two employees and it began with basic questions then it went into more in depth about my interests and skills. The second portion was also with another two employees which asked a lot of behavioral questions. The interviewers ask a lot of questions so be prepared with an example of a challenging time or a situation you had to be a leader in mind that would work for answering a variety of questions.

Intern Interview

One on campus interview, got a call the next day. Accepted the postion and started in the summer. Started off with work right away, bascially taking over a full time job

Team Leader Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Received contact from company approx. 1 week after initial application/resume. Phone call with the HR generalist, follow-up phone call with the Operations manager. If they like you, then they fly you out and tour the facility, round table interview with all managers, lunch, the whole shebang. HR offered job same day.

Interview Questions
    • Can't recall a question that stood out, almost all were behavioral questions. Everything was pretty non-formal.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

I applied to several jobs and did not hear anything for 6 months. At a career fair I inquired about the applications I had submitted and later that day a recruiter called and set up an interview. I interviewed with one individual on campus, then interviewed for 4 engineers in a panel two weeks later, after that I interviewed with a VP and then another VP before they offered me the job.

Did not negotiate

Shift Lead Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in May 2014.

Everything was very straight forward. Interviewed on the phone with the HR rep and two managers. You can tell they are sitting in the same room across from each other speaking into a phone on speaker, so if you're a bit hard of hearing make sure you're prepared or get yourself into a quiet room. The phone interview might scare some people away, but just make a good impression and you'll get called back.

Interview Questions
    • Every question was really based on the STAR method, so just brush up on that and you'll be fine. They like enthusiastic people.   Answer Question

Senior Consumer Affairs Claims Representative III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Was not interviewed.... ConAgra acquired Ralcorp and my position was transitioned. Many employees were demoted and were not given any other options. The entire process took approximately one year. Recent changes were made just 24 hours ago, during their fiscal year.

none was offered

Supply Chain Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in April 2011.

The hiring process was fairly standard including initial HR phone screening, phone interview with hiring manager, on-site interview with hiring manager, and follow-up interview with site manager. It seems like the hiring manager steered most of the process which helped.

Interview Questions
    Received a competitive offer. There will most certainly be a set salary band for the position so it's important to find out what is budgeted and hopefully get to the magic number for the pay ceiling. Benefits are pretty much standard across the company, not much room for negotiating.

Finance Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in February 2014.

The initial communication was great. The phone interview process was pleasant, as the interviewer was very polite and receptive. The on-site interviewers were also very engaging and interesting.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest mistake, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Shopper Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Initial screening with HR manager followed by phone interview by the hiring manager. Then four in-person interviews in the local sales office by cross-functional colleagues (all Director level)

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to cite examples of how you leveraged shopper insights to activate specific marketing programs.   Answer Question
    They offered a relatively good package, so I wasn't able to negotiate anything else.

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!