ConAgra Foods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Toronto, ON

The process took 2 days - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in January 2009.

Interview Details General questions to get to know each other. Asked about experience.
Be professional and mature - that's the best advise I can give.
Human resource individuals interviewed me.
gave info on products and company, as well as position.
ask lots of questions

Good luck

Interview Question – Tell me about why you'd like to work here   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at ConAgra Foods

Interview Details One on campus interview, got a call the next day. Accepted the postion and started in the summer. Started off with work right away, bascially taking over a full time job

Interview Question – Name the brands of Conagra   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details Received contact from company approx. 1 week after initial application/resume. Phone call with the HR generalist, follow-up phone call with the Operations manager. If they like you, then they fly you out and tour the facility, round table interview with all managers, lunch, the whole shebang. HR offered job same day.

Interview Question – Can't recall a question that stood out, almost all were behavioral questions. Everything was pretty non-formal.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details I applied to several jobs and did not hear anything for 6 months. At a career fair I inquired about the applications I had submitted and later that day a recruiter called and set up an interview. I interviewed with one individual on campus, then interviewed for 4 engineers in a panel two weeks later, after that I interviewed with a VP and then another VP before they offered me the job.

Interview Question – How would you make Chef Boyardee taste better?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Shift Lead Interview

Shift Lead

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in May 2014.

Interview Details Everything was very straight forward. Interviewed on the phone with the HR rep and two managers. You can tell they are sitting in the same room across from each other speaking into a phone on speaker, so if you're a bit hard of hearing make sure you're prepared or get yourself into a quiet room. The phone interview might scare some people away, but just make a good impression and you'll get called back.

Interview Question – Every question was really based on the STAR method, so just brush up on that and you'll be fine. They like enthusiastic people.   Answer Question

Senior Consumer Affairs Claims Representative III Interview

Senior Consumer Affairs Claims Representative III
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through another source and interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details Was not interviewed.... ConAgra acquired Ralcorp and my position was transitioned. Many employees were demoted and were not given any other options. The entire process took approximately one year. Recent changes were made just 24 hours ago, during their fiscal year.

Negotiation Details – none was offered

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in April 2011.

Interview Details The hiring process was fairly standard including initial HR phone screening, phone interview with hiring manager, on-site interview with hiring manager, and follow-up interview with site manager. It seems like the hiring manager steered most of the process which helped.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received a competitive offer. There will most certainly be a set salary band for the position so it's important to find out what is budgeted and hopefully get to the magic number for the pay ceiling. Benefits are pretty much standard across the company, not much room for negotiating.

Finance Specialist II Interview

Finance Specialist II
Omaha, NE (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods in February 2014.

Interview Details The initial communication was great. The phone interview process was pleasant, as the interviewer was very polite and receptive. The on-site interviewers were also very engaging and interesting.

Interview Question – What was your biggest mistake, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Shopper Marketing Manager Interview

Shopper Marketing Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details Initial screening with HR manager followed by phone interview by the hiring manager. Then four in-person interviews in the local sales office by cross-functional colleagues (all Director level)

Interview Question – Be ready to cite examples of how you leveraged shopper insights to activate specific marketing programs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a relatively good package, so I wasn't able to negotiate anything else.

Very Easy Interview

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Omaha, NE (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConAgra Foods.

Interview Details Good HR screening process by third party (in-house) group. Interview day includes hiring manager, 2-3 peers, and an HR manager. There is no organized interview process, nor a standard or guided questionnaire. During my interview process, almost all the interviewers spent the majority of the time talking...selling ConAgra to me.
The primary purpose of the interviews appears to see "if the person is a fit" within the organization. Personality and appearance are very important. Internal referral or reference is also very important.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current employment?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Base salary, car and vacation days all negotiable.

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!