Compass Group Interview Questions

Updated 26 Mar, 2015
Updated 26 Mar, 2015

2.6

Resident Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compass Group (Ottawa, ON) in February 2013.

Interview

HR Phone Interview. In person Interview. SIte Inspection. In person interview

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult client when working as a 3rd party supplier   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone offer followed up by letter via email.

Food Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compass Group.

Interview

I applied online via the compass group website outside of their normal recruitment time, which at the time only had the Chef job available. I didn't hear back until they were actually recruiting. I received an email which specified a time and date for interview. The interviews themselves were very quick to accommodate for a large amount of people to be processed.

The interview itself was straight forward. Basic questions relating to the job, working on a team, relevant past experience, cooking, and education were asked.

A few days after the interview I received an email inviting me to the instruction day. I don't remember if I was told what my job would be, since I was not suitable for the Chef job. I did the general training, and not the food prep training, even though that was where I was put when I actually started working. Adjusting was not very difficult, however and the job was doable.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compass Group (Greensboro, NC (US)).

Interview

Being hired can be difficult, in the interview, you really have to impress them with your words and confidence. It can be hard but I was always told to be myself.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Compass Group Chartwells   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Compass Group (Charlotte, NC (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Started with phone screen by HR department and then a phone screen from hiring manager. After making it though phone screens, participated in panel interview where case study was presented along with additional interview questions.

Patient Flow Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Compass Group (Tucson, AZ (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with the VP at TouchPoint (sub company of Compass). I personally was ready for the interview as I prepared myself. I did the best I could with my resume and research the company I thought I was applying to. I found out mid-interview when the VP asked me what I could tell him about the company, that I was interviewing with the wrong company. The VP asked me if I wanted to continue with the interview as he thought there would be a position I was qualified for or if I would like to leave. I chose to stay, partly because I was frozen in terror, but I'm glad I did. It really says a lot that it was handled the way that it was, especially by the VP.

Interview Questions

• I was given five minutes to explain a procedure, any procedure and afterward he could ask me any questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was very happy with the offer, there was no need to negotiate.

Administration Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Compass Group.

Interview

Apply online and contact from Site Level Management

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just be prepared for duplicate forms filling process and waiting   Answer Question

Hospitality & Catering Staff Interview Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Compass Group (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied for the post online and was emailed back inviting me to attend one of their interview days (this was in 2012). The interview was fairly informal and was focussed around you as a person and them just getting to know if you'd work well in their work environment. They asked if I had previous experience in retail and if I worked well in a team etc.

Interview Questions

• As it was an informal interview, none of the questions were taxing.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Compass Group (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Work culture is somewhat unstructured. Interview was with senior management, short and mostly related to skill set.

Interview Questions

• Need knowledge of marketing, foodservice trends, and graphic design skill.   Answer Question

Operations Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Compass Group (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

Telephone interview with recruiter, telephone interview with HR Manager, interview with HR Director, Interview with Managing Director & HR Director, job offer

Negotiation

Negotiate to what you believe you are worth

Food Service Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Compass Group (New York, NY (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Quick, simple and resume based. I came in wearing professional attire. There was 3 managers there. The questions were fairly easy and food related. They made sure I was not a criminal. There was no drug test.