Comcast Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
610 interviews

2.7

Comm Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Comcast in August 2014.

I decided to share my experience and maybe help someone get better prepare for theirs . I was contacted by a manpower recruiter about the position 8-18-2014 via email since he found my resume at monster.com. I emailed him back at 9am , by 11am I was contacted for a phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes . The recruiter sent me a link to my email to take a test . I completed the test by 2pm it takes about 49 min to complete . It was a pretty easy self assessment , basic math , mechanical test which I completed the same day. By 3pm I received a phone call from the recruiter to inform me that I passed the test and he wanted me to go forward with the process if I was still interested so he scheduled me for a face to face interview for 8-26-2014 .

The interview process was simple and not intimidating at all . I interview with two supervisors , ones was doing all the questioning , the other was making notes . They were very friendly and made me feel like I was taking to friends . They asked about 20 questions and to my surprise , only two were technical , the others were about overcoming difficult customers , biggest accomplishments at previous jobs , pretty much the kind of questions that defines your work ethics , customer service , safety , team work and leadership and to me this was great . Coming from a customer service , office management background I had no problems answering any of the questions . At the end of the interview I was given a chance to ask any questions , and that was that ! Easy enough . The next day ( today ) I received the email with the offer letter ( pending background and drug screening ) and if that goes well ( which it will ) I will be given a start date.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you have to use a manual to troubleshoot an electronic device and what was the outcome .   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you witnessed an unsafe act at your workplace and what course of action did you take .   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Comcast in September 2012.

took 4 months to get hired. they are always back filling because of high turnover. Standard 3 step interview with drug screening. Hired from Regional office not totally a local decision.

No negotiations

Business Account Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comcast.

1ST STEP is 1 or 2 phone interviews with a recruiter usually from the corporate HQ office and then a local manager. 2nd will be an in person interview with a sales manager. Typical interview process from there. If you impress the sales manager, you will need to really impress the Director who makes the final decision. From there if they decide to move forward, you will get an official offer letter within a week (or days possibly).

Interview Questions
    • One of the essential elements of any sales job is to be able to think "on your toes" and articulate your thoughts where it convinces the other person to take action. Thoroughly preparation will yield great results every time and just be yourself.   Answer Question
    NO negotiation. Their base salary is fixed. Commission all depends on your ability to produce.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in August 2014.

I applied and interviewed with Comcast Cable for the Supply Chain Analyst position. I was first contacted by an HR rep for an initial phone screen after about 2-3 days of submitting my application. Initial phone screen is a standard phone screen, work history, why does this position interest, why looking for a new job, etc. After the phone screen, I set up an in-person interview the following week with four people in the department. I was scheduled to meet with each person individually for 30 minutes. I met with the Hiring Manager & three other employees in the Supply Chain Department. These interviews were very awkward and borderline unprofessional. One of the interviewers showed up 10 minutes late to the interview. The other interviewer cut the interview in half . When speaking with the Hiring Manager he did not go in depth or into details about the position. He used vulgar language throughout the interview that was very unprofessional. During my actual interviews, it was more conversation-based. There was no real rhyme or reason to the conversation/interview. At the end of each interview session, I asked for business cards and not one person had a card on them.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions asked. Hardest question asked was why I wanted to leave my current position?   Answer Question

CAE Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Charleston, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Comcast in January 2014.

I had 1 interview, they wanted me to sell them a blue pen they had on hand, didn't ask for my resume or experience i had. Should have known that a company that is a lack luster at an interview would also be a lack luster as an employer.

There were no negotiations.

Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast.

The hiring process was pretty normal. First there was an over the phone interview/screening with HR, I was told then that I would considered and would move forward in the process. I had to take a online assessment which took about 45mins to complete. The assessment was mostly common sense scenarios with a few math(ish) questions. HR emailed me the same day letting me know I passed the assessment and would be scheduled for an interview. A few days later I received an email with a scheduled date and time for my interview. Almost missed the interview as I was away on a cruise and did not get the invite. I came back that Thursday and the interview was Friday 9am...2.5hrs away (the only downside to this process). The interview was a little odd. There were about 12 other candidates there for multiple locations. We were all taken to an orientation like meeting for about 30mins where we learned about Comcast services, open positions and benefits. Once the "orientation" was over we were all escorted to a store like room where we waited to be called. The ironic thing was I was the first person to arrive to the interview, but the last person to be called. The interview went great, it was very relaxed and candid. I felt great about it. 30mins after the interview I received a phone call saying I got the job!

Interview Questions
    • Why after being a regional Sales Coach was I interested such an entry level position   Answer Question

Customer Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Horsham, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA (US)

it took me 2 weeks for the hiring process, I applied online on their website, the next day i received a email to tell them when I will available to take the phone interview.Passed the phone interview and my next step was the face to face interview I had with a supervisor and a manager.

Interview Questions
    • most of questions were technical questions about internet connection,how to handle customer   Answer Question
    the basically told you is 33k ,

Business Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boca Raton, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in August 2012.

I had two interviews, one with my future boss and the other with his boss. My boss was more interested in whether I'd be manageable while his boss was interested in my experience.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask me any challenging questions, just whether I had phone, internet and television experience. I had some so it seemed okay.   Answer Question
    There was negotiation, it was take it or leave it.

CommTech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Rafael, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Comcast.

Talk about your experience with electronics customer service and construction. Conflict resolution is a key to this position. If you can also show that you are able to deal with things that don't work correctly that would be a great bonus.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done to get ready for this interview today?   View Answer
    none

Business Account Executive I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunrise, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in May 2011.

Interview took place at General Information Session where managers and directors were on hand to discuss the open positions and see if you were a match for it. I had a 1-1 interview with one of the directors and was able to establish rapport with him. At the end of our interview, he decided to hire me and begin the process of background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard, though I lacked experience in telecommunications my enthusiasm won them over. Do your homework on the company and products/services that are offered.   Answer Question
    No negotiation involved, take it or leave it.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!