Comcast Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct, 2014
Updated 16 Oct, 2014

2.7

TELESALES Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Simple and straight... Looking for people with sales experience. You have to pass two phases of interview and also a drug and background check to be employed. The first interview is conducted by Hr or Managers and the 2nd is done by the sale supervisors. The supervisors have a strong say on your being employed or not.

non... they make you an offer

Administrative Assistant, Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Comcast in October 2014.

Received an email 2 weeks after I applied online for the opening at Monmouth junction, NJ from a HR Recruiter stating to fill out a form. On the email she have interview dates, and once she received the forms, she would contact with more details. I filled the form and sent it back within an hour, heard nothing from her, resent same email to confirm she received it the next morning being that the interviews were so short notice, and still did not hear back. I think it was really unprofessional

Interview Questions
    • Attached is a form - if you can complete and return I will reach out to you with more details   Answer Question

Representative I, Telesales Interview

The office is laid back the interview process is really easy if you just go in the and have a personality and be yourself then you have nothing to worry about

Interview Questions
    • explain a time where you set a goal and didn't meet it   Answer Question
    • what would you do if someone wants our service but needs some time to think about it   Answer Question
    • explain a situation where you dealt with an angry customer   Answer Question
    Never negotiated but I took the offer because I feel like it is what you make it and I like the idea that you get benefits

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Comcast.

The interview was fairly easy and entirely behavioral. They asked me to describe myself, situations when I have been a leader. I am waiting to hear back from them at this point in time.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Two part interview same day for me, Multiple people arrived at the same time for different areas. Went from a floor supervisor that was available after waiting to a manager to complete the second half of the application.

Comm Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast in October 2014.

I got a call from a out of state recruiter and did an over the phone interview.I then was sent the link for the application then the assessment test.A week later I went to participate in a 3 on one interview where the guys asking the questions seemed more nervous than I was.The questions were simple but the whole process seemed rushed like they didn't know I was coming.Maybe it was just me.

Interview Questions
    • How did I handle a conflict at my last job with co workers at my last job?   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast.

Apply online if get call back will be invited to a group interview first usually. Then they pick who they like to have a one on one interview. You will likely find out if you have the job that same day normally. If so they may even send you right after to take your drug screen. Then you will get a call in a week or so telling you you are officially able to start one of their training classes. Mine didn't start for almost 2 months out from the date they hired me. I did get pushed up because I called them back and they had an earlier opening. They want you to show that you are articulate, can relate to people, can understand and follow a sales process. Dress very nice so you stick out from the crowd. You will also be told to sell them something in front of a group of people so don't be shy. They liked my originality because I pretended to be calling them and selling them puppies sight unseen over the phone, but they bought one, and instead of ending the call I asked who else in their family or friend could benefit from the love and affection of a furry cute friend. They liked that I understood the concept of upselling, and getting referrals. Be creative, be original, and be direct and ask for the sale in your mock sales interview.

Interview Questions
    • I'm sure there were others but for me it was "Why do you want this job", because I honestly didn't want this sales job, I wanted to be in their advertising department using my degree but this is what they called me back for and I was using it as an opportunity to get in the door.   View Answer
    No real negotiation, I was desperate for a job so I took their first offer of about $13 an hour plus comission

Tech I Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Applied for the job and around a week later I had a phone interview with the HR Recruiter. Less than a week later I was scheduled to meet with some of the direct supervisors at the job site. During the interview they asked about my technical skills and then some of the basic scenario questions. I interviewed with two supervisors at the same time. It was pretty laid back and they were nice. A few days later I received an offer letter contingent on drug test and background check. Nearly two months later I began training.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario: Tell me about a time when you had to ..... and how you deal with difficult coworkers and customers.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate. The starting salary is very low in my opinion. But then again maybe I am just over-qualified.

Comm Tech I Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Submitted my resume Sunday afternoon. Got an Email back later that night. Then got a call from a HR person the next day and did a quick phone screen. Then waited a few days. I was on vacation and got a message on my phone from the manager saying that they want to do an interview. I told them that I was on vacation and they were totally cool with it. Went in for an interview the day after I got back from my vacation. Was there 40 minutes early. Sat in a room for a little bit before two mid aged guys came in. Asked me some questions about my technician experience and customer service experience. I was extremely relaxed and didn't feel pressured during the interview. I was completely honest with every question they asked. After the interview with these two, they went out of the room and talked. I didn't see them after that. I was then walked in by a lady to the Com Tech manager who asked me a few questions. Very simple. Then I was told I would hear something from them soon. I waited about a week when I got a call from an HR person saying that they wanted to hire me! I denied the offer because it wasn't the right job for me. $15.00/HR plus full benefits. Free cable. Etc. It was definitely a great opportunity. Not to mention, I did this when I was 18.

Interview Questions

Not the right job for me

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

It took awhile for someone from the recruitment team to contact me and then scheduling of interviews were pretty spaced out between the recruiter, manager, Director interviews. Once I went through it, the actual hiring and start dates happened right away.

Interview Questions
    • If you knock on 50 doors and have all of them rejected, most will be rude, what will you do?   View Answer
    Salary was pre-derermined