Comcast

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Account Executive Interview

Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in February 2012.

Interview Details I went through 3 interviews in person, one over the phone. Th

Interview Question – Are you a shark or a piranha?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Comcast.

Interview Details Very long interview process, 10 year background check

Interview Question – Can you give me your former company's on boarding process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Comcast in February 2013.

Interview Details Lengthy interview, meet with recruiter first, then department employees, then HR Manager. Plan for at least 2 hours of your time or more

Interview Question – No difficult questions, if you are an experienced Administrative Assistant   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Obvious department politics and unprofessional ism.

Comm Tech I Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in October 2013.

Interview Details I literally scouted the net to find information on this entire hiring process, and since I've gotten the job I've decide to do someone a favor & release some tensions and anxiety by giving a full recap of this "JOURNEY" before i actually landed this job.

- Firstly, i applied online to every open position that was within 20-30 miles near me within the week of September 17,2013. That same week i got an email to take an assessment,which i took and completed about 88% of it and i am yet to be told if i passed or failed but i can safely assume that i passed.

- The following week i received a call from a recruiter who did a phone interview which basically outlined all the job required and he asked if i was able and comfortable doing all the requirements and he asked if i had any criminal history and asked if my driving record was clean , which thankfully I've been a good little guy [which I hope Mrs.Clause rewards me for this Christmas :)] and both were clean. He then told me that someone should get in touch with me to schedule the interview the forthcoming Friday, which no one did and i began to worry and called him and he said that some one would call me by the following Tuesday the latest. The following Tuesday came and no one called so i began to wonder if they weren't gonna select me anymore and i began to lose hope after i called back the recruiter guy and the guy literally said "i don't know why they haven't called yet, but they should have and there's nothing i can do"

-Wednesday morning came and a lady called me and basically ran through all the questions that the guy had asked me and i gave the same replies, and she scheduled my interview for the following day. Luckily Wednesday and Thursday were my days off from my old job and i got to prepare myself adequately for the interview.

-Interview morning,i arrived half an hour early, and was warmly greeted and kindly told to wait until 15 minutes before my appointed time to re-enter the building and i did so and took seat and waited on whosoever was going to interview me and not a minute after my appointed time(Lol i honestly expected them to be an hour or so late based on past interview experiences) two managers came and interviewed me, the interview started and ended very well,lasted about 50 minutes, was the best interview that I've ever had, and i thank all my past failed interviews primarily the last one i had for At&t to have inspired me to do even better and just be me,tell the truth and don't try to polish or butter anything up in the interview to make myself look impressive.(P.S the only job experiences i had prior to this was as a Cart Pusher and i use to wash dishes also, but sometimes your stuck doing unfortunate things you have no interest in doing in order to make some money to survive and while getting this job isn't the biggest success story out there its a stepping block into to a field i have immense passion for and i intend to give my uttermost best to this job and let my gratefulness be seen every day).

-Five days(which felt like a month lol) after the job interview i was emailed and told i had gotten the job and was given a conditional offer pending my drug and background check and was sent an email with links that provided me information about my drug and background check. Did the drug test which took maybe 3-5 days for the results to come back and also the background check which took exactly two weeks to come back( it probably took that long because I'm from a foreign country and took resident in the U.S only a few years now, could be shorter for you)

-About two days after my background check was completed by Carco,i received my final offer which i signed and faxed back to their HR. Benefits included free cable and high speed internet and a decent pay which "For Me", can allow me to breath a little n enjoy life a little. My starting date is next week and i would gladly give a review on what is to follow after i start but i don't expect this job to be a walk in the park, i expect hard days and not so hard days just like any other job, but i would gladly embrace any hard day in which i'll be surrounded with technology that's making a difference in a vast amount of peoples' lives :).Feel free to ask questions that might not have been answered above, i will reply, otherwise, i hope this article helps someone who is in a similar spot that i was in and just wants to know whats coming next and how long the process will take, just as a note in-case you haven't been keeping track, the whole process took about 5-6 weeks for me, it could be longer or shorter for you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to put yourself or a customer in harms way to get the job done.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to show a customer how a product works.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, there is a set pay they start everyone off with, however there are opportunities for pay increases based on performances.

Telecom Engineer Interview

Marietta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Comcast in May 2013.

Interview Details My recruiter was very helpful and available. My interview with the Manager of Telecom went very well. She explained her needs and I provided examples of how I could fulfill those needs. Manager appeared of even temperament and professional. I was bringing to the table over 15 years telecom Engineering experience. Per the interview that is was they needed. The expectation was that this position would go perm.

Interview Question – There were not difficult questions. Position requirements were discussed and understood. The various products and software was discussed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Starting as a contractor, the negotiation phase was already completed prior to interview. I never got to "negotiate" with Comcast for a full time position.

Very Easy Interview

Call Center Representative Interview

Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in May 2012.

Interview Details You are interviewed by the supervisor you end up working under.

Interview Question – Pretty standard. Focus is on mapping out your ability to sale   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a set compensation

Very Difficult Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Norcross, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Comcast in September 2009.

Interview Details when I worked for comcast the best part about the job was I got to go the the headwater which was very nice. They feed you breakfast and lunch everyday. But you did not get a dinner allowance which suck big time.

Interview Question – How many children do you see in your future   Answer Question

Direct Sales Representative SFU Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Comcast in September 2012.

Interview Details I was contacted by the recruiter or interviewer and was asked a series of questions to find out if i was fit for the position. They asked what my background and skill set was and told me that it would work for the company. They emailed a letter stating they would like to bring me in on a face to face interview. Went to the face to face interview, it was very straight forward and to the point. I liked the process and the questions they were asking.

Interview Question – The most difficult thing they made me do was to sell them an ink pen, I had to make that pen seem better than any pen on the market and let them know why they cant live without that pen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would say make sure you ask questions about the pay nd the quota that will be presented to you when you start. They do not mind you asking questions, they wnt to know that you care.

Telesales Representative Interview

Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in August 2010.

Interview Details I applied online on the companies website. I was called in a week later for the interview. I interviewed with a team manager. And was called back 3-4 days later with an offer.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to overcome objectives to get the sale   View Answers (3)

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Alpharetta, GA (US)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Comcast in December 2010.

Interview Details I was interviewed by a Call Center Supervisor for about an hour assessing my problem resolution and reasoning skills.

Interview Question – What did you not do well in you prior position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. In this economy I accepted the first offer. I do not recommend it unless you are desperate for employment as I was.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comcast interview questions and advice in Atlanta, GA. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Comcast employees and interview candidates.