Cognizant Technology Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

User Experience Architect Interview

User Experience Architect
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2010.

Interview Details As long as you have a decent communication skill, you should be okay. I was not challenged by any of the interviews. Many interviewers digress from the job context and you have to guide them back to the core topics of the conversation. In hindsight, I believe that is just because my practice is not 'mature' enough.

Interview Question – Interviewers ask standard questions ... again there are quality interviewers who will stress test you with real world challenges and scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Senior QA Analyst
Buffalo Grove, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview arranged by agency with Cognizant, followed by a phone interview with the end client

Interview Question – Questions about production support for ACI's Base24 product (a payment switch).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Cognizant did not allow any negotiation.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2012.

Interview Details The hiring process started with on-campus recruiting and an initial on-campus round of interviews. The first interview was 45 minutes, behavioral. The interviewer was very friendly and engaging and we ended up talking a lot about non-consulting related things. Next was a 45 minute case interview on a project that Cognizant recently deployed. The interviewer for this was okay and the overall experience was pleasant. About two weeks later, I got an invitation to interview in Chicago. Cognizant flew me out to Chicago, paid for the flight and board, and I had two more interviews similar to first round. The logistics of setting up the second round interviews were a little bit odd, the company sent all of the interviewees the actual invoice for all of the flight and accommodations which were difficult to understand. In addition, for my actual interviews, the second interview was a second behavioral instead of a case interview. The interviewers did not seem prepared and the second one did not have very many new questions to ask me.

Interview Question – Imagine you are at a company that wants to use social media to improve its business processes, explain how you could use social media to do this.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details 3 interviews with various level managers

Interview Question – None. Very basic hr qns only   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2012.

Interview Details HR interview, competency and skills test, case study with senior managers/directors

Interview Question – How would you contribute to the company to improve its position here onwards   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had other offer

Director Interview

Director
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2012.

Interview Details Interviewers were hands-on and practical. Not much BS. All through video conference. Mainly behavioral questions, they also shared what they are working on and asked what I would do about it.

Interview Question – How much did you make in the past 3 years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Didn't get a good feeling after ruthless negotiations over pennies.

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
North Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2012.

Interview Details I applied online on the company site, I got a call from an HR and asked my expectation.. at that time tolds my range expected. I went through 2 interview rounds one with the Cognizant Architect other with the client.

Interview Question – Nothing mostly general question on the tech i work on.. same with client. Exp .. prev project details and usual stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was the bad part .. the HR suddenly calls me after few days of interview and tells me that your package is X which was min from the range i told her. I was not even allowed to say anything andshe said other details.. benefits and bla blha.. Itook he offer as i was in a very low pay scale .. but i was taken adv now i see thy tricked me to a low sal easily.. Plz dnt be desperate to work here.. health benefits are good but .. sal offer for chicago was below market.. plus this project had no garntee for going long term.. thy bluffed mw saying it was a longg term project.. now i am stuck in a expensive place with a not so good sal.. Wil switch soon. :(

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview Details I had an on campus interview (northeast MBA program) first that consisted of one behavioral interview and one case interview. Standard behavioral interview questions were asked e.g. tell me about a time when you faced difficulty working in a team? The case interview was not a written case but one that was tailored towards my background. The case was not number heavy at all.

Second round they flew me out to Chicago and was an entire day of interviews. I had two behavioral and one case. Behavioral interviews were standard and very conversational. During the case interview I got to choose one from a five different cases. I chose a pharmaceutical drug market entry case.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2009.

Interview Details First round of questions by recruiter who will always try to force you accept a lower level then you should be at. Questions are more the line of client management and PMP processes.
Resource management is good amount of work.

Interview Question – How will you help an associate who is always late to office and never meets the deadlines. How will you protect your resources from Clients. How will you make sure offshore flaws are not visible to client?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They have good negotiators who convinced me to accept a lower designation. Which I found later was a complete lie. You have to be tough in negotiations to get a good pay and designation else you will loose. Do not believe any promise made by recruiters.

Very Easy Interview

Executive Recruiter Interview

Executive Recruiter
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in February 2008.

Interview Details Typical Recruiter Interivew interview. Wanted to understnad how you attrack passive candidates, wanted to learn about your client interface skills.

Interview Question – I was bascially hired off the content of my resume and initial presentation. After that, it was a sell job on their end.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me whaI wanted on the first pass. It was easy.

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!