Coca-Cola Refreshments

248 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Market Development Manager Interview

Brampton, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Coca-Cola Refreshments in March 2014.

Interview Details First there was a phone interview and the HR manager explained the position and asked:
- Why do you want to work here?
- Why are you leaving your current role?
- What do you do at your current job?
- What is your salary expectation?
And then she scheduled an in person interview:
He asked me to go over my resume and tell him everything
He asked about a time when I had to deal with a coworker that didn't like my idea. There was a role play where I had to sell Coke vending machines to a high school.

Interview Question – Sell me something   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Market Development Manager Interview

Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coca-Cola Refreshments in September 2013.

Interview Details Hiring managers asked stock questions and took all answers at face value.

Interview Question – They were all stock questions,
"would you steal to feed your family?"
"what was the most difficult situation you've been in and how did you get out of it?"
"what is your worst quality?"
"what is your best quality?"
"how do you deal with difficult customers?"
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – They were not open to negotiating and the offer made was more or less a joke.
Shocked that this is a fortune 500 company.

Account Manager Interview

Ottawa, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Coca-Cola Refreshments in May 2013.

Interview Details Started with a phone interview with recruiter followed by interview with hiring manager(s). The interviewing Area Sales Manager and District Sales Manager were very organized, professional, and kept things loose during the entire process, made me feel right and home and even provided cold bottled water during the interview.

Interview Question – Standard hypothetical questions followed by role play by selling the interviewing managers on selling energy drinks and equipment in a convenience store.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, salary offer was very reasonable and I wanted to work for this company.

Summer Sales Associate Interview

Brampton, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Coca-Cola Refreshments in October 2013.

Interview Details 2 rounds
all behavioral

Interview Question – You had to make a sales pitch on the spot   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Warehouse Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Coca-Cola Refreshments in February 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process took about a month. Coca-Cola asks applicants to submit a resume on-line. They do not take resumes/aplications in person. After I applied on-line, I was contacted by HR and did a phone interview. The phone interview took about 20 minutes and consisted of general interview questions. The next stage in the hiring process, was a interview with the hiring manager. This lasted close to an hour, and was fairly in-depth with situation based questions. I was then offered the job about 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied online and interviewed at Coca-Cola Refreshments.

Interview Details Went through first interview over the phone with HR to talk about salary expectation and 2/3 behavioral questions. Second interview was on the phone as well with Sales Director and Sales Manager regarding past experience. In the beginning the director told me that he would asked me 6 questions.

Interview Question – The sales director was asking behavioral questions which is the big issue. If you look on the internet, all the literature regarding behavioral questions would tell you that your response to the interviewer's questions need to be specific and detailed and that the best approach is STAR approach which is explaining 1. particular Situation/Task, 2. Action, and 3. Result.

That said, I was answering the first question by explaining the situation in detail, which was complicated and indeed long but strongly related to the question, when the director cut me and want me to just tell him the result which I then explained. He then told me that he don't need to listen to the detail but, I don't know any other way to deal with behavioral questions other than what I know. Therefore, I still using the same STAR approach in answering the second question but this time I was trying to make it much more condensed than the first question however, the director was still not happy and he wrap the interview after the 3rd questions (he was planning to gave me 6 questions). The interview last for 30 minute.
  Answer Question

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Coca-Cola Refreshments.

Interview Details First interview was STAR based with various questions asking how I worked in groups, dealt with pressure, and skills I have learned through school. They also asked why I was better than any other candidate, why coca cola, and what I had to offer.

Interview Question – There wasn't any unexpected questions. They were all behavioural and straight forward.   View Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Coca-Cola Refreshments in April 2011.

Interview Details Initial phone interview with recruiter to discuss qualifications and salary, 2 followup personal interviews with Sr. VP Sales and then with SR VP sales along with Marketing Director. Fairly to the point with examples of challenges I've had in the past that I have overcome, how I would succeed in this business, etc

Interview Question – Sales is a personal process and very competitive; what would you do to make yourself seen as a resource by your buyers and therefore succed in securing the business for our company?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Lenexa, KS (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Coca-Cola Refreshments.

Interview Details Standard phone screening about a half a week after I applied. Was called back by the end of that week to set up an interview time. Interview was pretty standard, although there was a role play where you had to be the Account Manager and sell to a store owner. (The role play is nothing like the job actually is.) Interview took about an hour or so.

Interview Question – All of the questions were standard aside from the role play.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. The pay and benefits seemed fair at the time of hire.

Sales Interview

Interviewed at Coca-Cola Refreshments

Interview Details Behavioral based interview questions

Interview Question – You must provide a full "STAR" answer in order for the interviewer to score the candidate on each particular competency. State the Situation/Task, your Actions and what were the Results. Unless you respond with a full STAR answer, they will continue to redirect until they get the whole STAR. This is very uncomfortable if you are not prepared for behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted over 10 years ago.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Coca-Cola Refreshments

Worked for Coca-Cola Refreshments? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Coca-Cola Refreshments interview questions and advice. All 248 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Coca-Cola Refreshments employees and interview candidates.