Clark Construction Group

Updated 16 Nov, 2014

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Office Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Clark Construction Group.

Dropped off resume at campus career fair and was contacted a few days later about interviewing in Bethesda. Flew me out and paid for hotel. Interview was half-day in the office and half-day visiting a construction site. Told me I would hear within 2 weeks of interview date and that's exactly when I heard.

Interview Questions
  • Why Clark? Why construction? How would you deal with a subcontractor who delivered the wrong parts?   Answer Question

Still deciding

Other Interview Reviews for Clark Construction Group

Office Engineer Interview

I had a pre-interview meeting with Clark. Was an informal conversation. Felt very comfortable but my lack of experience was clearly issue. The meeting was held at my university and I received a response two weeks later about the outcome of my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Clark Construction Group in October 2014.

In my experience with them, there were two rounds of interviews for the Office Engineer position. After stopping at their table at the career fair, they invited me to come interview with them on campus the next day. Within two weeks, they invited me to come up to their headquarters in Bethesda. They day at Bethesda was split into two portions; interviewing in the morning and a construction site tour in the afternoon with lunch in between.

The interview questions were all behavioral ie. why construction, why Clark

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself 10 years down the road from now?   View Answer

Office Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Clark Construction Group in September 2014.

Clark came to my campus to hold an information session as well as attend our career fair. Upon giving them my resume at the career fair, I was contacted later that day for an interview the next day. They called back a lot of people to interview. The interview itself was not very challenging. It was mostly a conversation of my experience with construction and my activities on campus inside and outside of class. At the end of the interview, my interviewer said "I'm showing you my cards here, but I'm going to push you through to come down to our office in Bethesda (their HQ)." I just received a confirmation this week that I will be going down to Bethesda for a second round!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Clark Construction Group.

The college recruiting process was very engaging. If the position was for a job site, the engineering background if very important. If it was for an office position in finance, the development group, or legal, recruiters wanted very intelligent college candidate with some background to real estate, construction, finance, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining why Clark will add to my career, and I can add to the organization, when my educational background did not fit the typical mold. I was not an engineer and had to sell myself from several different perspectives   Answer Question
    Clark refused to negotiate the campus hire offer.

However, 3 years later when i was offered what was a phenomenal position for the business and industry, which required me to me half way across the country for 5 years, the negotiation process was not an open and communicative process. It was very stressful. I was not provided basic terms about the position or even if it was a promotion or lateral move. When I forced the questions after several months of talks, I was told to look for a new job if I believe I am worth more. I left the first 3 weeks later after receiving offers from all their top competitors.

I believe that was a unique situation and a result of one individual who has been with the firm for years, did not get the C-Level position he deserved, he did not grow as the firm grew and thus the firm out-grew him. When I announced why I was leaving the CFO, CAO, and Deputy General Counsel (all of whom I worked for) personally apologized for the gentlemen's behavior. I would go back to Clark if the opportunity was right. Loved it there.

Office Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clark Construction Group.

The interview lasted 4 hours. I got to meet many professionals each in a one-on-one format. There was no meal offered during the interview, which made things a little less nerve-wracking. There were mostly behavioral type questions, and we talked about my previous experience. They called the next week to offer employment. They are a great group of professionals working for an amazing company.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I had taken any LEED certification exams.   Answer Question

Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Clark Construction Group in December 2013.

company and job site visit on Thursday afternoon, talked to 5 directors in a row on Friday morning

Interview Questions
    • What value can you bring? (asked to a student)
      How do we solve the BIM execution problem in our company? (provided background)
        Answer Question

Office Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Clark Construction Group.

Sent in resume via university alumni who works there. Was contacted only a few days later for a day-long interview. Interview was with ten other candidates and consisted of a site tour and six interviews, mostly with young people in the Office Engineer position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a subcontractor that had 30 years of experience in the field and didn't want to listen to anything you wanted to say?   Answer Question

Have not actually declined at this point. Offer has been received and still making decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Clark Construction Group in October 2013.

I had an on campus interview and an on site interview consisting of mostly behavioral questions. We toured a job site, had a few interviews in the trailer offices, had lunch with the VP and other candidates, then had several interviews with people in the DC office.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you had to deal with a difficult member of a group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Clark Construction Group.

Entry level engineers typically go through a 1 or 2 day long interview process that involves talking with upper level executives, HR as well as peers and mid-level management within the company.

Fair