Clark Construction Group

Updated 7 Feb, 2015
Updated 7 Feb, 2015

2.7

Office Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Clark Construction Group in December 2014.

I applied online at Clark's website and received an email a day later requesting me to complete a video interview. This video interview is not with an actual person, a question will appear on your screen and you will have 30 seconds to think and then your web cam will record your response which you will have 90 seconds to answer the question. These are easy questions like why did you choose your major etc. Then a few days later I received another email inviting me to interview at the Bethesda HQ office. It is an all day process with four 45 min, one on one interviews in the morning. These interviews are not hard. One person did not even look at my resume. What they really want to know is how bad do you want to work in construction and why. A lot of time will be spent by them answering any questions you have too. Then after the morning interviews there was a break for lunch. All the candidates met back up in a conference room and ate while an employee answers any questions. The lunch dragged on because we were all tired from the morning interviews and just wanted to eat but mean while there is a guy eager to answer your questions which at this point you will most likely have few left. After Lunch we took the metro to a job site and got a tour which lasted about an hour. Then there was one more one on one interview in the trailer at the job site. After this we took the metro back and the day was over. You hear back in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult questions whatsoever. All I suggest is feel comfortable explaining whats on your resume and be prepared to answer questions like Why Construction? Why Clark? Tell me about yourself? Etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Clark Construction Group

Office Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Clark Construction Group in December 2014.

Initial video interview, followed by phone interview with HR manager, and then in-person interview at two different office locations. Whole process took approx. 4 months from when I first submitted resume online to when I officially signed offer letter. Every employee that I met/spoke with was great. Very friendly, helpful, personable. Enjoyed the round-robin style interview to get a chance to hear from a bunch of different employees with very different paths/backgrounds. Seems like an awesome work environment with tons of opportunities for professional development, new employee training, volunteering, intramural sports/other activities--just a great overall culture, which is the main reason I decided to start a career with Clark.

Interview Questions
    • N/A. Very laid back/informal. No generic, pre-made list of trite questions. However, video interview was odd though since you were just speaking to a phone--recording and submitting answers to several questions, not actually speaking with someone (i.e. Skype).   Answer Question
    They were somewhat flexible with starting salary, and very accommodating with the starting date.

Office Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Clark Construction Group.

Dropped off resume at campus career fair and was contacted a few days later about interviewing in Bethesda. Flew me out and paid for hotel. Interview was half-day in the office and half-day visiting a construction site. Told me I would hear within 2 weeks of interview date and that's exactly when I heard.

Interview Questions
    • Why Clark? Why construction? How would you deal with a subcontractor who delivered the wrong parts?   Answer Question

Still deciding

Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clark Construction Group in November 2014.

I applied on Clark's website & my college's job posting website. I got an e-mail to sign up for on-site interview. It was easy; a couple hours of 20-min interviews with employees only a few years older usually. Basic questions about why I want to work in construction, why I chose my major, why I chose my school, possibly a couple behavioral questions were asked.

Afterwards, I went on a job site tour and got to talk to some on-site employees.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about other companies I was considering for full-time (was just a curious interviewer, I'm sure)   View Answer

Office Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Clark Construction Group in November 2014.

I applied through University career fair and had a telephone interview and visited Maryland office for the second round. The interview was a day long process half in the office and half on the field. Took two weeks to get a reply.

Still Deciding

Office Engineer Interview

I had a pre-interview meeting with Clark. Was an informal conversation. Felt very comfortable but my lack of experience was clearly issue. The meeting was held at my university and I received a response two weeks later about the outcome of my interview.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Clark Construction Group in October 2014.

In my experience with them, there were two rounds of interviews for the Office Engineer position. After stopping at their table at the career fair, they invited me to come interview with them on campus the next day. Within two weeks, they invited me to come up to their headquarters in Bethesda. They day at Bethesda was split into two portions; interviewing in the morning and a construction site tour in the afternoon with lunch in between.

The interview questions were all behavioral ie. why construction, why Clark

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself 10 years down the road from now?   View Answer

Office Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Clark Construction Group in October 2014.

Clark's interview process is great introduction into the company. I interviewed with several other candidates as part of a recruiting weekend. They split us into two groups, one group toured a job site first and then came back for one on one interviews, that second group did the opposite. We all met for lunch in between. The job site tour was really great, and gave me a much better idea of what Clark employees do day to day when they're in the field. Three of the project managers led the tour and we were able to ask a lot of detailed questions.
    When we came back for lunch we were greeted by a few upper level managers who ate with us to have a casual conversation. Again, this allowed me to ask more questions about Clark and learn more about the company.
    There were three one on one interviews with various members of team Clark who worked in different parts of the company. The interviews all lasted about 45 minutes and were all fairly casual. The questions were all more behavioral and personal rather than technical. They also opened time for me to ask them questions.
    Overall the process was very informative, I got to know the company as well as the company got to know me, which I appreciated. It was a very long day, and by the end I was very tired, but it was a good experience and a great interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were very few "difficult" questions. They ranged from "why Clark?" and "why construction management?" to "tell me about what you do outside of class." All straightforward and fairly easy to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Clark Construction Group in October 2014.

Wonderful experience getting to know Clark Construction. I met them at a career fair. They followed up with setting up a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview they invited me down for an in-person full day interview at their Bethesda, MD offices. There, I spoke with numerous Clark personnel about the job, and went on a site visit to see a Clark project in action. It was a great, mostly laid back process where Clark could get to know you, and vice versa.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your relevant experience, and how it has made you ready for this job.   Answer Question

Office Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Clark Construction Group in September 2014.

Clark came to my campus to hold an information session as well as attend our career fair. Upon giving them my resume at the career fair, I was contacted later that day for an interview the next day. They called back a lot of people to interview. The interview itself was not very challenging. It was mostly a conversation of my experience with construction and my activities on campus inside and outside of class. At the end of the interview, my interviewer said "I'm showing you my cards here, but I'm going to push you through to come down to our office in Bethesda (their HQ)." I just received a confirmation this week that I will be going down to Bethesda for a second round!