Claire's Stores Interview Questions

2.2

Third Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Claire's Stores.

step one is interview with manager
    step two theyll make you answer a survey at home

Interview Questions
    you have no way to negotiate with how you want your schedule to be even though they say they are very flexible in hours.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

dropped off a resume, filled out an application form and got called in for an interview. was pretty basic asked questions about if you have ever stolen and about good and bad customer service experiences... i was given an online test and after i passed it i had 2 more interviews with the store and district managers..

Interview Questions
    • how would you motivate staff to meet their sales goals?   Answer Question
    make sure you let them know what salary you would like and be confident even if you don't feel it

Third Keyholder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

I walked into the store and asked the manager if they were currently hiring. She asked me a little about my past work experiences and if I had ever worked retail, which I have. She then gave me an application and told me to bring it in by 5pm that day. I went to the food court and filled the application out completely, brought it back to her. She glanced over it and asked if I could come in for an interview two days later. I said sure! When I got to the interview I was interviewed by the DM and the Assistant Manager, they were both pretty great people. They asked scenario questions, a lot of questions about how I feel comfortable being in the store alone, and how I would sale to different age groups. A few days later they called and offered me the Third Keyholder/manager type position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult because I've worked in retail before.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Submitted an online application with resume. Emailed district manager. Was called a few days later for an interview. Had an in person interview with the district manager and then she gave me a personality test to take online and then after that I second interview with the regional manager. Overall process was fairly smooth, but semi unorganized.

no negotiation

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Just a pretty normal interview, definitely was my style which made it flow easily. You know why Claires? Talked about the store, what was the issues & what I would do to handle that. Previous jobs experiences, metrics, that kind of thing.

Interview Questions
    There was a light negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in September 2014.

I was extremely nervous because this was my first time ever applying to a job. I'm 16 and didn't think they'd hire me due to my lack of experience; however they hired me pretty quickly! I walked into the store to ask for an application and filled it out then returned it within a 15 minute time span. On my way home I got a call from the assistant manager wanting to set up an interview- which ended up being 3 days later. I didn't know what to expect at the interview but I got anxious over nothing! It was a very simple interview, and I felt extremely comfortable answering the questions with the manager- mainly because she turned my answers into conversation, but also because we were in a common area in the mall so it was a comfortable, relaxed environment. The questions were pretty easy and normally I'm slow at coming up with replies but they came naturally during the interview. The next day I got a call telling me that I got the job. Overall, an extremely positive experience!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle having a customer at the piercing station, on the phone, and at the register?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with documentation?   Answer Question
    • When is a time that you helped someone out and proved to be a leader?   Answer Question
    • What it the most complicated project you've ever had and how did you approach it?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about piercing ears?   Answer Question
    • How would you define customer service?   Answer Question

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Claire's Stores.

The district manager at the time who spoke to me for the first interview was really nice and friendly. The second interview was with the store manager and it went smoothly. She asked questions based off a sheet of paper she had. Overall it was an easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was when I was asked about how I worked with others in a previous job because I had no previous job to use as an example.   Answer Question

Part Time Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

I applied for Icing's, the sister store of Claire's and they asked for an interview a month later. I didn't hear back from them for another two-three months asking for a follow up interview. Still I did not get an offer. After completely forgetting about the chance of getting the job, Claire's called me saying that Icing's sent them my application and wanting to meet with me. The manager explained how Icing's liked me but said I would be a better fit at Claire's. The manager offered me a part time manager position instead of the sales associate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2014.

I walked in on a Monday with a resume & cover letter. My brother was getting his ear pierced & it was just us & the store manager. He mentioned to her that I was job hunting & so the manager asked me if I wanted an application. She also asked a few genereal questions such as, "How's your availability? Have you had any work experience?" Basic stuff like that. I got an app & then turned it in about 15 minutes later. I turned it in along with my resume & cover letter.

Later that day, I got a call to set up an interview the following Wednesday. Wednesday came around & I met with the District Manager. She asked me about myself, why I didn't have any prior work experience, why I want to work at Claire's, and how I felt about ear piercing. She also mentioned that there is a dress code, which is basically each employee has to wear at least five accessories to display the products. She asked how I felt about being a store manager, but I answered with how since I had no prior work experience, I would prefer to start out with sales associate & then when I'm comfortable, become a manager. She liked my honesty. Afterwards, she said they'll call no later than Monday.

Friday afternoon comes & I get a call from the store manager saying I got the job! So yeah c:

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about ear piercing?   Answer Question
    • If I called this person you listed as a reference, what would they say about you?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Claire's?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Very easy. General retail experience questions, "what-if" questions, questions about past employment and what you liked and didnt like. Keep positive and peppy and you will be fine. First few days are learning register and general company know-how. Everyone will have to learn to do ear piercings though even if you are under 18, so be prepared for that.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had someone on the phone, an ear piercing, and a customer at the checkout and you are alone?   Answer Question