Claire's Stores

Relevance Date Difficulty

Third Key Holder Interview

Third Key Holder
Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details step one is interview with manager
step two theyll make you answer a survey at home

Interview Question – computer too old   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you have no way to negotiate with how you want your schedule to be even though they say they are very flexible in hours.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details dropped off a resume, filled out an application form and got called in for an interview. was pretty basic asked questions about if you have ever stolen and about good and bad customer service experiences... i was given an online test and after i passed it i had 2 more interviews with the store and district managers..

Interview Question – how would you motivate staff to meet their sales goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – make sure you let them know what salary you would like and be confident even if you don't feel it

Third Keyholder Interview

Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details I saw the ad for a keyholding position online and applied. When I went to the store, I saw the manager was someone I had interviewed with before at another place, one year prior, but was not hired. She remembered my name and scheduled a interview for later that day. I came back and the manager asked questions about customer service, multitasking and decision making. She wanted to know lots about my previous work history and my availability. The interview lasted one hour. Next I had a interview with the district manager, she was super nice and we talked about how do i fit in with Claire's, what can I bring to Claire's and other out side activities. The following week. I got a call from another store. This was not the store that I interviewed at but, they wanted to hired me because they really needed the help. The two other manager which I interviewed with had put in a good word for me. I was excited and shocked.

Interview Question – Why are you a good fit for Claire's?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation the pay is 8.50/hr

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details Took one interview and one reference and hired

Interview Question – Interview process was pretty normal and mundane   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

The Woodlands, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details Not very hard pretty easy going. She just talked to me like she knew me. Ask about my work experience and why I choose to work there. Very easy interviewing process and casual also. I dressed casual it was not a lot of questions. I enjoyed it a lot. Short and strait to the point.

Negotiation Details – I was able negotiate the days I worked since I had another job first.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Overland Park, KS (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2011.

Interview Details Simple Quick Interview in the Food Court.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you were dealing with a lot of problems at once, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They tell you what your salary is.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details Met Adam, had interview. Got offer 2 days later.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Was offered max pay.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interview Details Depending on who your supervisor is, the interview process is pretty quick and painless.

Interview Question – How would your last manager describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, simple offer and acceptance.

Third Key Interview

Third Key
Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2012.

Interview Details Fill out an application in store, call after a few days to make sure they looked at it. Sometimes associates just toss them in the drawer. Come in for face to face interview with store manager, then wait for a phone call. Get hired, train for a few weeks at sales associate pay, then take the "key turn" test either over the phone or face to face with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when the registers freeze and there are customers in the store?   View Answer
  • What is the youngest age we will do a double piercing on a child?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary/hourly pay is not negotiable. Every volume has a system, busier the store, more you get paid.

Third Key Interview

Third Key
Stamford, CT (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2013.

Interview Details 3 stages is your application makes it through you can expect a online questionnaire if that is passed you can expect a phone interview with the district manager

Interview Question – would you be comfortable deterring theft?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no wasn't even really told what i was getting paid till after 1 week of working

Interviews for Top Jobs at Claire's Stores

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Claire's Stores interview questions and advice. All 72 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Claire's Stores employees and interview candidates.