Claire's Stores

2.2

Third Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Claire's Stores.

step one is interview with manager
    step two theyll make you answer a survey at home

Interview Questions
    you have no way to negotiate with how you want your schedule to be even though they say they are very flexible in hours.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

dropped off a resume, filled out an application form and got called in for an interview. was pretty basic asked questions about if you have ever stolen and about good and bad customer service experiences... i was given an online test and after i passed it i had 2 more interviews with the store and district managers..

Interview Questions
    • how would you motivate staff to meet their sales goals?   Answer Question
    make sure you let them know what salary you would like and be confident even if you don't feel it

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

The interview is very easy and straight to the point. Most of it was the manager explaining the position and required responsibilities. Since I had previously worked for the company when I was in high school, the manager just asked me about the store I worked for. I was asked about the store size, the average daily sales, store volume, and if I had pierced ears.

Interview Questions
    • Would you have a problem piercing ears? Piercing is required for all Claire's positions, full time, part time, sales associates to district managers.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

It was a group interview with 2 managers. The interview process took an hour and a half. One manager asked questions while the other took notes. It was in the mall food court and very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you handled a difficult customer or coworker.   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Networking with other District Managers, first interview with DSM, then RSM, then TVP, and finally an interview with Director of Stores. There are a couple of skill assessment tests along with an integrity test. The final test is a series of situations which can and will arise in the field.

Interview Questions
    • What skills set you apart from your peers making you successful?   Answer Question

Third Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

The interview process is very typical and simple. If you've ever been hired for a part-time or retail position then you'll pass with flying colors. They ask you simple questions about theft (internal and external), customer service, and sales.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores in November 2014.

The interview was the store. The manager there was nice and straight forward. she does to make sure your jobs are accurate so don't BS. She asks questions about you. do you go to school? You have a open avalibility and etc.

Third Keyholder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

I walked into the store and asked the manager if they were currently hiring. She asked me a little about my past work experiences and if I had ever worked retail, which I have. She then gave me an application and told me to bring it in by 5pm that day. I went to the food court and filled the application out completely, brought it back to her. She glanced over it and asked if I could come in for an interview two days later. I said sure! When I got to the interview I was interviewed by the DM and the Assistant Manager, they were both pretty great people. They asked scenario questions, a lot of questions about how I feel comfortable being in the store alone, and how I would sale to different age groups. A few days later they called and offered me the Third Keyholder/manager type position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult because I've worked in retail before.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Submitted an online application with resume. Emailed district manager. Was called a few days later for an interview. Had an in person interview with the district manager and then she gave me a personality test to take online and then after that I second interview with the regional manager. Overall process was fairly smooth, but semi unorganized.

no negotiation

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Claire's Stores.

Just a pretty normal interview, definitely was my style which made it flow easily. You know why Claires? Talked about the store, what was the issues & what I would do to handle that. Previous jobs experiences, metrics, that kind of thing.

Interview Questions
    There was a light negotiation.