Claire's Stores

Relevance Date Difficulty

Third Key Holder Interview

Third Key Holder
Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details step one is interview with manager
step two theyll make you answer a survey at home

Interview Question – computer too old   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you have no way to negotiate with how you want your schedule to be even though they say they are very flexible in hours.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details dropped off a resume, filled out an application form and got called in for an interview. was pretty basic asked questions about if you have ever stolen and about good and bad customer service experiences... i was given an online test and after i passed it i had 2 more interviews with the store and district managers..

Interview Question – how would you motivate staff to meet their sales goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – make sure you let them know what salary you would like and be confident even if you don't feel it

Part Time Manager Interview

Part Time Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details I applied for Icing's, the sister store of Claire's and they asked for an interview a month later. I didn't hear back from them for another two-three months asking for a follow up interview. Still I did not get an offer. After completely forgetting about the chance of getting the job, Claire's called me saying that Icing's sent them my application and wanting to meet with me. The manager explained how Icing's liked me but said I would be a better fit at Claire's. The manager offered me a part time manager position instead of the sales associate.

Interview Question – How would you stop a shop lifter?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details I walked in on a Monday with a resume & cover letter. My brother was getting his ear pierced & it was just us & the store manager. He mentioned to her that I was job hunting & so the manager asked me if I wanted an application. She also asked a few genereal questions such as, "How's your availability? Have you had any work experience?" Basic stuff like that. I got an app & then turned it in about 15 minutes later. I turned it in along with my resume & cover letter.

Later that day, I got a call to set up an interview the following Wednesday. Wednesday came around & I met with the District Manager. She asked me about myself, why I didn't have any prior work experience, why I want to work at Claire's, and how I felt about ear piercing. She also mentioned that there is a dress code, which is basically each employee has to wear at least five accessories to display the products. She asked how I felt about being a store manager, but I answered with how since I had no prior work experience, I would prefer to start out with sales associate & then when I'm comfortable, become a manager. She liked my honesty. Afterwards, she said they'll call no later than Monday.

Friday afternoon comes & I get a call from the store manager saying I got the job! So yeah c:

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Third Key Holder Interview

Third Key Holder
Deer Park, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2013.

Interview Details Apps are in person only. My first interview was with the store manager which went fairly well. Since I was inexperienced in management she needed approval from the DM. He was on vacation at the time so another store manager interviewed me. She did not like me (inexperience) but my manager pushed to have the DM interview me.
They ask pretty much all the same questions and have a sheet in front of them.

Interview Question – What do you like from a retail experience (as a customer)
and
What have you done when a coworker was dishonest.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation. I asked for 10/hr but since it is a tiny store and im inexperienced they could only do 9/hr.

Third Key, Sales Associate Interview

Third Key, Sales Associate
Port St Lucie, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2014.

Interview Details My friend and I walked into the store & asked if they were hiring the a manager was at the desk at the time and replied yes and gave us a both paper applications. I turned mine in a few days later to a sales associate and brought my friend back a week later to turn in hers, she turned hers into the manager that gave us the application and on the spot asked her if she would be open to do a interview the following day I also spoke with her and she set up a interview with me as well the following day. We came in the following day and 6 girls were standing around two managers and they were "sucking up". After she finished with them she came to us and I was in a group with 4 other girls and she asked some general questions, then started telling us about how we would must meet their quota standards. She was also very demanding and a little bit on the snarky side. The process took about 30-45 minutes and at at the end of it we were told we would receive a call back within 5 days regardless if we got the job or not. I never received a call neither did my friend nevertheless, we didn't get the job.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were told you needed to reach a daily quota of $5,000   Answer Question

Sales Associate

Interview Details Very easy. General retail experience questions, "what-if" questions, questions about past employment and what you liked and didnt like. Keep positive and peppy and you will be fine. First few days are learning register and general company know-how. Everyone will have to learn to do ear piercings though even if you are under 18, so be prepared for that.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had someone on the phone, an ear piercing, and a customer at the checkout and you are alone?   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI (US)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details I turned in my application on June 23rd, got a call later on in the day to schedule a interview the next day. The hiring manager was very friendly and made me comfortable. The interview process was a breeze and the questions were typical interview questions such as the starter "tell me about yourself." Overall it was a great experience !!!

Interview Question – What would you do if you are alone, have someone at piercing station, someone at the counter and the phone is ringing?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Newark, DE (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Claire's Stores in July 2012.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call back from HR, they set me up to meet with a district manager. We met in the food court and it was a little distracting. Very casual talk. She called later that day and I started 2 days later. later on this guy called

Interview Question – Be prepared to talk sales.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview Details You send in your application or resume, the district manager will phone interview, then in person interview you (sometimes you will also interview with another store manager) and you will interview either on the phone or in person with the regional sales manager.

Interview Question – How do you plan out your day?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Start high, they want to pay you the least amount they feel possible.

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!