Citizens Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated 12 Oct, 2014
Updated 12 Oct, 2014

2.8

Contact Center Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

The easiest way to get hired is by applying through a staffing agency. The process from application to start date is about one and a half month. The staffing agency will contact and inform you of when to go for your interview at the contact center. My interview was done with two people. One asked the questions and the other took note of what I said. They asked a lot of questions but all of the questions were regular interview questions. No oddball or unexpected questions. Be prepared to give an example of a difficult situation at work.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was giving an example of a challenging experience at my previous employment and how I handled it.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because I thought the salary was good.

Banker Interview

Phone then face to face. Some interview with regional others with just the branch manager it's an easy process not very hard at all. The the the the the the the the the theyou

Personal Universal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in August 2014.

Applied online, had one phone conversation with a recruiter in which we discussed salary, hours, and my resume. Had one in-person interview with the manager of the branch at which I would be working, and another interview a week later with the regional manage of CFG. I was called by a recruiter three days following the interview with the regional manager, and followed up with an offer letter via email. Within in a week from that, I did start up paperwork (all online) and got my fingerprints taken. Overall, the process was very easy and done mostly via email, which was convenient.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think this job is? Give me an example of what you think your daily tasks would be.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate on the salary, but only to a certain degree due to my lack of experience in the field.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Had one interview with the BM and ABM. BM called back and told me next steps to follow with human resources. Process was easy. Overall process took approx 10 days. Salary was told to me and growth was discussed at interview, though it never happened during my career with this company. Looking back I feel that I was fooled during the interview to what the job was really like.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with being turned down in sales.   Answer Question
    They told me the pay and I couldn't neg because I didn't have previous banking experience

Personal Universal Banker Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter 4 weeks after I applied for the job. She was very nice and forwarded my resume to the branch manager. He called me a few days later to set up an interview. After we already had a date selected for the interview, I get an email saying I was not selected and the process was over. Was never contacted by anyone. This company is unprofessional, their recruiters are lazy, and I dodged a bullet.

Assistant Branch Manager - Instore Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

takes a month or so due to fingerprinting, mostly there are 2 interviews sometimes 3, they often have job fairs, stop by any branch and ask when the next one is. You can apply on line.

In Store Branch Manager Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Initial interview was with a branch manager with a very standard interview guide. I answered situational questions. About a week later, I interviewed with the retail director for the market. 2 hours after the interview, the recruiter called me to offer the position.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you had to coach an employee to reach goals..."   Answer Question
    No negotiations were made.

Operational Risk Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in June 2014.

I was contacted by the internal recruiter and had a phone interview with the hiring manager. We were both excited by the possibility of my joining the group. It then went into a black hole and only after persistent followup with the internal recruiter did I learn that the position had been put on hold.

Interview Questions
    • There were other opportunities at Citizens that I was interested in, but I was unsure how to proceed because of the uncertainty surrounding the first position. On the one hand, I didn't want to upset the hiring process for the first position - if it were still in play - but on the other hand, I didn't want to let an opportunity slip by, which would have been bad for both me and the Citizens. Further complicating matters, I didn't know the underlying reason why they were suddenly not interested in filling the first position - and whether that reason could also impact the other positions.   Answer Question

Personal Universal Banker Interview

Had one interview, was pretty straight forward, asking standard behavioral questions you would find in any interview help guide online.

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Applied through University Career Center, Contacted by Recruiter for a Phone Interview to go over Resume and Program