Citizens Financial Group Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
93 interviews

2.8

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, NH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in March 2011.

-Online application and skills assessment
    -Initial phone screen with an HR rep
    -In-person interview with branch manager
    -I received my offer the following week and began the background check process, which took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to solve a problem for your team."   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Middletown, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Had one interview with the BM and ABM. BM called back and told me next steps to follow with human resources. Process was easy. Overall process took approx 10 days. Salary was told to me and growth was discussed at interview, though it never happened during my career with this company. Looking back I feel that I was fooled during the interview to what the job was really like.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with being turned down in sales.   Answer Question
    They told me the pay and I couldn't neg because I didn't have previous banking experience

Personal Universal Banker Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter 4 weeks after I applied for the job. She was very nice and forwarded my resume to the branch manager. He called me a few days later to set up an interview. After we already had a date selected for the interview, I get an email saying I was not selected and the process was over. Was never contacted by anyone. This company is unprofessional, their recruiters are lazy, and I dodged a bullet.

Assistant Branch Manager - Instore Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

takes a month or so due to fingerprinting, mostly there are 2 interviews sometimes 3, they often have job fairs, stop by any branch and ask when the next one is. You can apply on line.

Senior Presonal Banke Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in June 2011.

Tough on-boarding process, it's a bank. background and credit check along with a drug test, finger prints. the whole 9 yards. a few different interviews and meetings with managers from different branches to find your right fit.

Interview Questions
    they are able to work with you on compensation.

In Store Branch Manager Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Initial interview was with a branch manager with a very standard interview guide. I answered situational questions. About a week later, I interviewed with the retail director for the market. 2 hours after the interview, the recruiter called me to offer the position.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you had to coach an employee to reach goals..."   Answer Question
    No negotiations were made.

Personal Universal Banker Interview

Had one interview, was pretty straight forward, asking standard behavioral questions you would find in any interview help guide online.

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Applied through University Career Center, Contacted by Recruiter for a Phone Interview to go over Resume and Program

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in January 2010.

hired as a part time teller

Obviously Free Consultant Interview

interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in November 2013.

I was initially contacted via linkedin by a contract recruiter which set the wheels in motion for HR's phone screen. A week later the hiring manager reached out with a 30 minute phone interview which resulted in a face to face interview.

I arrived on-site for what I expected to be 'normal' interview questions. I was on the receiving end of 'how would you handle this' repeatedly over 2 hours. All questions were specific to their day to day programs/functions.

The 1 interviewer that showed up (there were 3 on my invitation) wanted blow by blow detail because he wasn't sure what his team was doing wrong. 2 hours later, he thanked me for my time mentioning the job was already filled. It's not like this just happened, he had no laptop or phone to get a message the job was filled - he knew before he came in with questions geared to help his department.

I heard HR posts bogus jobs to bring in free consultants - which makes sense considering the same jobs are continually posted.

To get feedback that you did great on an interview where there is no job is pointless. Not cool. Citizens you lost my business and respect.

Interview Questions
    • Keep asking for more detail to draw out their agenda. Do not elaborate or give detailed answers. Better yet deliberately get a few steps to cure wrong. Maybe they'll hire you to fix it.   Answer Question

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!