Citi Vice President Interview Questions

Updated 30 Jun, 2014

2.7

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Referred by employee. Very quick response, initially. Was told I would hear back in two weeks. As of one month, hadn't received an update.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were expected if you prepare accordingly. Shouldn't really be any surprises. Good in-depth questions regarding experience and how one gets along with others on the team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

My credentials were a perfect match for the position so i was confident going into the interviews. I met with about 5 people for about 45 mins each. They asked about my past experiences and seemed to be determining whether i would be a good fit for their team personality-wise.

Interview Questions
    • What is your understanding of the position you are interviewing for?   Answer Question
    They were not open to negotiation on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

I was interviewing for several positions with two different managers at the same time. I decided to choose one specific position and focus on interviewing for that only. I ended up having three telephone interviews, one with an HR representative, one with the hiring manager, and one with his manager. There was no in-person interview.

The managers seem very capable and technically knowledgeable, and they know what qualities they are looking for in their employees. As long as you are open and honest when answering the questions, the process is very smooth.

If an offer is extended, you will be expected to complete a drug screen, background check (employment, education, and criminal history), and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult or unexpected questions. The one that always throws me off is "where do you see yourself 5 years from now?" I still can't figure out a good answer for that one.   View Answer
    I was up-front with my requirements, and no negotiation was necessary.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

I had 7 interviews, 6 1-2-1's standard 'talk me through your CV and give me examples when....' type of questions and a standard HR interview (but 1-2-1's continued after the HR interview).

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions and a few scenario based questions but if you have enough experience it wouldn't be taxing.   Answer Question
    Was offered more than the number I stated but Citi were aware that I had other offers and was in the middle of other interview processes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2013.

Vice President level position in New York. Had a phone screen with HR. Went to office for first round and met with two people. Came back and met with group leader for final round. About two weeks later they called and gave an offer.

BUT, they RENEG'ed on the offer. When they gave me the offer on Tuesday they told me needed a decision within 24 hours. When I called later that Tuesday to ask if it would be possible to have a little more time to decide, they said "I think we should part ways, you don't sound interested enough" and the pulled the offer.

This story isn't exaggerated at all. Never have I experienced something so unprofessional.

Interview Questions

They withdrew the offer when I asked if it was possible to have a little more time to decide on it. I was visiting my family the next day and wanted to talk to them about it before making my decision.

Vice President Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Citigroup uses behavior-based interviewing, through which you are asked to describe a situation, the task, the actions you took and the outcomes. The goal is to get more than a hypothetical response from the applicant by asking for examples of how an applicant actually handled, managed or worked through a specific situation or task. This gives the hiring manager a lot more detail about the individual and gives more information to base decisions upon, particularly when comparing situations to other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to give specific examples of situations you handled well, and try to anticipate, based on the job description, what questions they will ask of you. For example, in a leadership position, you may be asked to describe a time when you had to counsel a difficult employee through a difficult situation. Be prepared to give a specific situation, including the situation, the task or deficiency being addressed, the actions you took to correct it and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi.

Straightforward interview but stress industry knowledge

one way with them making offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in December 2012.

Very comfortable, friendly, non-formal. They were extremely sensitive to any potential nervousness and/or uneasiness. My interviewers genuinely seemed like they respected and appreciated my skills, talents and experience and the value I could add to the organization.

The interview focused more on personality fit than technical and business skills and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   View Answer
    I explained to them that I was very comfortable and secure in my current role, but that I felt I was being under-utilized and that my opportunities for growth were virtually non-existent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2012.

HR set me up to interview with 4 managers which was completed in one day. I was called back for a second round with 4 different managers. All was fair and went very well.

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in January 2012.

Started with a phone interview with HR, mostly standard personality question.

This followed up with another phone interview with the Hiring manager then 2 face to face interviews with other managers in the company. Most of the interviews were personality and culture related with some technical questions mixed in.

The whole process was quick and efficient. They made me an offer 1 week after the final interview which I gladly accepted. Super happy to work for Citi!

Interview Questions
    • Describe your biggest weakness   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you suggested a change and it was not accepted. How did you react?   View Answer
    They offered me more than I asked, so no negotioations.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!