Citi Interview Questions

Updated 28 Sep, 2014
Updated 28 Sep, 2014

2.9

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citi.

Had two rounds in the corporate banking division of Citi. First interview was in person with a director and an analyst - was an equal combination of behavioural technical questions - "tell me about a time... walk me though the financial statements, etc. Second round was over telephone with an associate for the team I was interviewing for. Interview was all technical and was probably the toughest I had of the 9 banks I interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Cdn Firm has subsidiary in Africa and wants to go to US bond market to hedge risk. How will it do this?   View Answer

Financial Sales Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Citi.

Very pleasant, hopefully leads to full time work

Institutional Clients Group Rotational Analyst Interview

interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Applied online during campus recruitment. Received two rounds of interviews. Met with 2 MDs. Mix of technical and behavioural questions. You need to be well read on current market trends, etc. Being the right fit for them is very important. Less of an emphasis on the usual Investment Banking valuation, accounting questions.

Interview Questions
    Hard to negotiate as this give standardized salaries to all analysts in this program.

Technology Analyst Interview

Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Questions
    • The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

The interview process was very speedy. Contacted via e-mail to interview on-campus and received a phone call shortly after for an invitation to second rounds at the headquarters. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process and they have a nicely decorated office in a great location.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2011.

Interview with hiring manager on technical and soft skills based on your previous experience.

No room for negotiation

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in April 2011.

First level was phone screening and then multiple personal rounds. Last round was with MD of the group which was also technical with question based on algorithm and problem solving. Interview were more inclined towards algorithm and generic CS concept but some of Java/J2EE concept were asked along with puzzles.

No negotiation

Basil III Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Citi.

I applied for this particular position on the CITI career website using a referral link from a friend that works in this deparment. I received an initial call from HR after about a week asking about my skills and why I was interested in the position. After a 20 minute discussion with the HR rep, she advised that she would be in touch. 6 months later, I recevied a call from Citi about this position (which I almost forgot about) and the HR rep said that the department manager was ready to hire and intervieiwng quickly for the position and wanted to be bring me in ASAP to fill the role, so I setup the interview for the following week. A few days later, I recevied an email with instructions on where the building was and when to arrive, etc etc. The interview was with 2 team leads back to back and then the hiring manager in a rotational pattern with each interview lasting around 45 minutes. I spend over 3 hours on 3 different interviews on site with 3 seperate people one on one.

I was never given an offer, I didnt even receive a reject email or a callback from HR after I left the site (I did send follow up thank you letter by mail). Came to find out that they hired an older vietnam era veteran who can barely do the job. Possibly an affirmitive action military hire, but I will never know (expect this sort of stuff in big conglomerates)....

Interview Questions
    • The questions where basically about my skills and giving scenarios about work related to the position. The hiring ops manager threw a few quirky questions in like "what is your pet peeve". In my experience, the more advanced the position, the less behavioral questions you will get and more related to skills and job experience.   Answer Question

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi.

The process was through a temp agency, screening process took a while and then the interview was very procedural. Focus on attention to detail, as that is integral to the job. Management wants worker bees for this role; don't rock the boat, just meet your assigned quotas. The staffing agency generally has no idea what the role is, and some of the people were not cut out for it. Moderate excel skills needed (temp agency may give a test), but overall it just requires someone with strong attention to detail and an analytical mind.

Interview Questions
    No, the temp agency was firm.

Summer Analyst Interview

They were very nice to talk to and helped guide me through questions I did not know how to fully answer. It was an overall very pleasant experience. Most of the questions they asked were fit questions and I was asked very few technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What market do you think will be growing in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!