Citi

Getting the Interview

652 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Had two rounds in the corporate banking division of Citi. First interview was in person with a director and an analyst - was an equal combination of behavioural technical questions - "tell me about a time... walk me though the financial statements, etc. Second round was over telephone with an associate for the team I was interviewing for. Interview was all technical and was probably the toughest I had of the 9 banks I interviewed with.

Interview Question – Cdn Firm has subsidiary in Africa and wants to go to US bond market to hedge risk. How will it do this?   View Answer

Financial Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Very pleasant, hopefully leads to full time work

Interview Question – Why i chose Citi?   View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Question – The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details The interview process was very speedy. Contacted via e-mail to interview on-campus and received a phone call shortly after for an invitation to second rounds at the headquarters. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process and they have a nicely decorated office in a great location.

Interview Question – Why Citi?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant
Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2011.

Interview Details Interview with hiring manager on technical and soft skills based on your previous experience.

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Assistant Vice-President
Mississauga, ON

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in April 2011.

Interview Details First level was phone screening and then multiple personal rounds. Last round was with MD of the group which was also technical with question based on algorithm and problem solving. Interview were more inclined towards algorithm and generic CS concept but some of Java/J2EE concept were asked along with puzzles.

Interview Question – Question based on pattern matching.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Telephonic interview is where they ask for basic details. This is followed by detailed face to face interviews. Later, if one has cleared all this, gets a call from HR, followed by another telephonic interview. The offer may come in next ten to fifteen days. After that it is up to the person whether they accept it or not.

Interview Question – Business cases that may be unrelated to the position.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details I attended a career fair at my university website and applied through the Citi website. I got an email for scheduling an on campus interview for the next week. The interview was fairly laid back and conversational, and the interviewer talked about himself for most of the time.

Interview Question – What is your typical day like?   Answer Question

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online since Citi doesn't recruit directly from my school. I had a phone interview at first which was a customary phone interview where I told with an HR rep. The phone interview were all behavioral questions. I then got invited to the Super Day about a week after that. It was 3 interviews, 30 mins each. I mainly got asked some behavioral questions and we went over my resume. Nothing technical but one of them did ask me about my accounting skills. The interviews really aren't that bad, just be confident and pitch yourself well. I got an offer 2 weeks after that and took it. 60K prorated salary & 2K housing stipend.

Interview Question – It's not difficult but two of the interviewers did ask me "Why Citi?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's a summer analyst position so it's nonnegotiable

Very Easy Interview

AML Analyst Interview

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied in October, interviewed in March, was told up front that this was a long process due to department re-structuring. Interview scheduled quickly after contacting for interview, and was offered the position the following day. Interviewers were cordial and the facilities were kept in good condition.

Interview Question – No true unexpected questions as I researched Citi and some AML information prior to the interview. Questions consisted of the usual 'about you' questions and the interviewer did not expect me to have an extensive knowledge of Citi or AML. Was allowed to ask questions about the position and Citi and the interviewer was very honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, firm offer and that was that, but the offer was substantially above my current salary

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi interview questions and advice. All 652 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.