Citi Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.9

Institutional Clients Group Rotational Analyst Interview

interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Applied online during campus recruitment. Received two rounds of interviews. Met with 2 MDs. Mix of technical and behavioural questions. You need to be well read on current market trends, etc. Being the right fit for them is very important. Less of an emphasis on the usual Investment Banking valuation, accounting questions.

Interview Questions
    Hard to negotiate as this give standardized salaries to all analysts in this program.

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citi.

Had two rounds in the corporate banking division of Citi. First interview was in person with a director and an analyst - was an equal combination of behavioural technical questions - "tell me about a time... walk me though the financial statements, etc. Second round was over telephone with an associate for the team I was interviewing for. Interview was all technical and was probably the toughest I had of the 9 banks I interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Cdn Firm has subsidiary in Africa and wants to go to US bond market to hedge risk. How will it do this?   View Answer

Financial Sales Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Citi.

Very pleasant, hopefully leads to full time work

Technology Analyst Interview

Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Questions
    • The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

The interview process was very speedy. Contacted via e-mail to interview on-campus and received a phone call shortly after for an invitation to second rounds at the headquarters. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process and they have a nicely decorated office in a great location.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2011.

Interview with hiring manager on technical and soft skills based on your previous experience.

No room for negotiation

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in April 2011.

First level was phone screening and then multiple personal rounds. Last round was with MD of the group which was also technical with question based on algorithm and problem solving. Interview were more inclined towards algorithm and generic CS concept but some of Java/J2EE concept were asked along with puzzles.

No negotiation

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I was recruited through the campus career center. A few days after submitting my resume and cover letter, I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview about why I am interested in the position. After the phone interview I was asked to come to to NY office for a full interview in the next few days.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Island City, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in May 2014.

I only had a few phone interviews and they were all behavioral and asking about what I want to do. I did not have to prepare anything. None of the questions required any market knowledge or preparation. Know what you want to do and tailor your answers to the job.

Human Resources Interview

They were very busy that day and only one of the two interviewers as planned came to meet me. The whole process gave me the impression that he is rushing for time. A woman even came in to the room and asked when is he going to finish the interview. However, the overall environment of the building and atmosphere impressed me.

Interview Questions

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!