Citi Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr, 2015
1,066 Interview Reviews

2.9

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Mississauga, ON) in April 2015.

Interview

an hour long, telephone interview, all kinds of technical questions. related to reference vs value, abstract vs interface, merge sort vs quick sort, B tree vs B+tree, primary key vs clustered index. give examples of design patterns, temporary table vs table variable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your experience of technical skills.
      What is const and readonly?

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Mississauga, ON).

Interview

Very disorganized. I learned that they are hiring through friends and applied. Received an interview call and was asked a bunch of questions. Then I did a face to face interview where we spend 2 hours talking about random stuff followed by 2 technical questions. Mostly language specific.

Interview Questions

• Random questions, like how many bits in a byte? or java specific questions   Answer Question

They initially said they like me a lot but were not willing to negotiate at all. I wasn't okay with the terms of their offer and they stopped responding to my emails! So unprofessional.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Toronto, ON).

Interview

one hour written technical test based on programs related to OOPS, recursion, SQL and a little bit of networking. After that 3 back to back interviews with 3 groups having 2 managers in each group.

The interviewer are friendly and gives you chance to think. Prepare yourself for linked list, inheritance, data structures, trees and SQL based questions like joins and dependencies. Be ready to write program on paper. Explain previous school projects etc.

Interview Questions

• Most of your question will be related to data structures. So, it may be difficult for you if your basics are not clear.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a standard and they offer one of the best package in the market. So there is nothing much to negotiate.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I learned this from a job fair, then applied this graduating job online. There was only one round of interview. One hour written test and one hour interview with two people. Then waited for 3 to 4 weeks before the offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview was quite standard, mainly went through my resume and asked a few behavior question.

The test consists five parts, 1.OOP 2. Design Pattern, 3. Operating System 4. Brain Teasers 5. Finance

Answer Question

Negotiation

got the offer on Friday night and have to decide by the end of following Tuesday, really not much to negotiate. they have a specific standard.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied online as new graduate. Took about one month to process. Only one round on-site interview. The first part was a written test, second part was in person. Very easy interview, no tough questions. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. Very pleasant experience.

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Had two rounds in the corporate banking division of Citi. First interview was in person with a director and an analyst - was an equal combination of behavioural technical questions - "tell me about a time... walk me though the financial statements, etc. Second round was over telephone with an associate for the team I was interviewing for. Interview was all technical and was probably the toughest I had of the 9 banks I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Cdn Firm has subsidiary in Africa and wants to go to US bond market to hedge risk. How will it do this?   1 Answer

Financial Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Very pleasant, hopefully leads to full time work

Institutional Clients Group Rotational Analyst Interview

Application

interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online during campus recruitment. Received two rounds of interviews. Met with 2 MDs. Mix of technical and behavioural questions. You need to be well read on current market trends, etc. Being the right fit for them is very important. Less of an emphasis on the usual Investment Banking valuation, accounting questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hard to negotiate as this give standardized salaries to all analysts in this program.

Interview

Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Questions

• The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Toronto, ON).

Interview

The interview process was very speedy. Contacted via e-mail to interview on-campus and received a phone call shortly after for an invitation to second rounds at the headquarters. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process and they have a nicely decorated office in a great location.