Citi Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct, 2014
Updated 20 Oct, 2014

2.9

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Had two rounds in the corporate banking division of Citi. First interview was in person with a director and an analyst - was an equal combination of behavioural technical questions - "tell me about a time... walk me though the financial statements, etc. Second round was over telephone with an associate for the team I was interviewing for. Interview was all technical and was probably the toughest I had of the 9 banks I interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Cdn Firm has subsidiary in Africa and wants to go to US bond market to hedge risk. How will it do this?   View Answer

Financial Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Very pleasant, hopefully leads to full time work

Institutional Clients Group Rotational Analyst Interview

interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Applied online during campus recruitment. Received two rounds of interviews. Met with 2 MDs. Mix of technical and behavioural questions. You need to be well read on current market trends, etc. Being the right fit for them is very important. Less of an emphasis on the usual Investment Banking valuation, accounting questions.

Interview Questions
    Hard to negotiate as this give standardized salaries to all analysts in this program.

Technology Analyst Interview

Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Questions
    • The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

The interview process was very speedy. Contacted via e-mail to interview on-campus and received a phone call shortly after for an invitation to second rounds at the headquarters. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process and they have a nicely decorated office in a great location.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in September 2011.

Interview with hiring manager on technical and soft skills based on your previous experience.

No room for negotiation

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in April 2011.

First level was phone screening and then multiple personal rounds. Last round was with MD of the group which was also technical with question based on algorithm and problem solving. Interview were more inclined towards algorithm and generic CS concept but some of Java/J2EE concept were asked along with puzzles.

No negotiation

Risk Analyst Interview

Almost all fit questions. Asked about my past experiences. Why Citi? Why risk? Why they would choose me rather than other candidates? Talk about strength and weakness.

Nothing out of expectation.

They have a nice office site in TriBeCa. Really good view.

People are more approachable and friendly.

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi.

Applied through College Career Center and online website. Reached out to current employee I knew through alumni network. Put his name in the Citi application and received a call the next day to come in for an interview at the Boston branch.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have that apply to sales and trading?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

This was for a position (C10) with Citi bangalore
    It was as usual starting with an initiative from the external consultants(Aug23). I was shortlisted and got a call for interviews in a couple of weeks(17 Sep).

Sep17 : 1st round of telephonic interviews was pretty straight forward with discussions on my profile and projects. Got a call from the consultants the next day that i was shortlisted and that the second round would be scheduled. [30 mins]

Sep19: 2nd Round of discussion was more detailed, started off 15 mins early, with a case study by the interviewer who was very friendly and shared a live problem to which a solution was solicited. Went fairly well and i was positive about it. Got another call and was through to the final round. [45 mins].

Sep25: 3rd Client round - was fairly simple with a call to US with a panel of two ladies. This was again open ended and was targeted to understand my knowledge base of BFSI domain and the factors and techniques i would consider in terms of coming up with a solution. [45 mins]

Then i got a got a call from the consultant on the next day that i was through this round and should be expecting an HR round which scheduled while i was travelling to my native while on vacation. Post the HR round{Oct 4} which was very brief [7 mins] i got a call for document submission{Oct8} and then offer roll out {Oct14}.

They made a good offer as per my expectations and I finally accepted the Offer on Oct 18.

The best part of the interview process was that there were no irrelevant case studies / brain teasers/ guestimates (I despise them) /puzzles. They were all business related.

Interview Questions
    It was an open and shut offer with no room for negotiation. A win win i would say.