Citi Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct, 2014
Updated 16 Oct, 2014

2.9

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Had two rounds in the corporate banking division of Citi. First interview was in person with a director and an analyst - was an equal combination of behavioural technical questions - "tell me about a time... walk me though the financial statements, etc. Second round was over telephone with an associate for the team I was interviewing for. Interview was all technical and was probably the toughest I had of the 9 banks I interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Cdn Firm has subsidiary in Africa and wants to go to US bond market to hedge risk. How will it do this?   View Answer

Financial Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Very pleasant, hopefully leads to full time work

Institutional Clients Group Rotational Analyst Interview

interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Applied online during campus recruitment. Received two rounds of interviews. Met with 2 MDs. Mix of technical and behavioural questions. You need to be well read on current market trends, etc. Being the right fit for them is very important. Less of an emphasis on the usual Investment Banking valuation, accounting questions.

Interview Questions
    Hard to negotiate as this give standardized salaries to all analysts in this program.

Technology Analyst Interview

Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Questions
    • The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

The interview process was very speedy. Contacted via e-mail to interview on-campus and received a phone call shortly after for an invitation to second rounds at the headquarters. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process and they have a nicely decorated office in a great location.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in September 2011.

Interview with hiring manager on technical and soft skills based on your previous experience.

No room for negotiation

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in April 2011.

First level was phone screening and then multiple personal rounds. Last round was with MD of the group which was also technical with question based on algorithm and problem solving. Interview were more inclined towards algorithm and generic CS concept but some of Java/J2EE concept were asked along with puzzles.

No negotiation

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Very comfortable, great atmosphere. Initially recruited on-campus. Had a first round one on one interview, very easy and friendly, mainly fit questions and talked about my interest. Second round was a superday at the new york office, consisting of 5 20 min interviews

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, just general questions about the market   Answer Question

ICG Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through my school's career website. Then I was notified that I had made it to the interview process. I had two back to back interviews. And a few hours later they called me back to notify me I made it to the second round. Four interviews in one day and I found out two weeks later that I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Two of them where behavioral. The other two were technical but it was general market/economic data   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

1 on campus interview then 3 1-on-1 interview. All technical questions either related to your experience and projects. Lots of programming questions. Be prepared to take a written test at the end of super day interview.