Citi Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
867 interviews

2.9

Institutional Clients Group Rotational Analyst Interview

interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Applied online during campus recruitment. Received two rounds of interviews. Met with 2 MDs. Mix of technical and behavioural questions. You need to be well read on current market trends, etc. Being the right fit for them is very important. Less of an emphasis on the usual Investment Banking valuation, accounting questions.

Interview Questions
    Hard to negotiate as this give standardized salaries to all analysts in this program.

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Citi.

Had two rounds in the corporate banking division of Citi. First interview was in person with a director and an analyst - was an equal combination of behavioural technical questions - "tell me about a time... walk me though the financial statements, etc. Second round was over telephone with an associate for the team I was interviewing for. Interview was all technical and was probably the toughest I had of the 9 banks I interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Cdn Firm has subsidiary in Africa and wants to go to US bond market to hedge risk. How will it do this?   View Answer

Financial Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Citi.

Very pleasant, hopefully leads to full time work

Technology Analyst Interview

Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Questions
    • The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

The interview process was very speedy. Contacted via e-mail to interview on-campus and received a phone call shortly after for an invitation to second rounds at the headquarters. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process and they have a nicely decorated office in a great location.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2011.

Interview with hiring manager on technical and soft skills based on your previous experience.

No room for negotiation

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in April 2011.

First level was phone screening and then multiple personal rounds. Last round was with MD of the group which was also technical with question based on algorithm and problem solving. Interview were more inclined towards algorithm and generic CS concept but some of Java/J2EE concept were asked along with puzzles.

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Citi.

On campus recruiting with two rounds for the internship position. First round with HR and an Associate. Second round with VP and MD. Was invited to the office to meet more senior people before the job offer was made. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Standard IB questions. Make sure you know the transactions they have done.   Answer Question

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2014.

I had submitted my resume through a campus recruiter. 3 weeks later I was contacted for an interview, i was called and set up a time to meet. the interview lasted about a half hour.

Interview Questions

the salary that was offered was too low for me to accept

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2011.

Initial phone call from Citi recruiter . I had two days of interviews with 4 people each day. They did a baukground check. The recruiter was very helpful and easy to work with.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The interviewers were trying to assess if I knew about the products I would be managing.   View Answer
    Negotiate for base salary.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!