Citi

Updated 17 Nov, 2014
Updated 17 Nov, 2014

2.9

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

I learned this from a job fair, then applied this graduating job online. There was only one round of interview. One hour written test and one hour interview with two people. Then waited for 3 to 4 weeks before the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was quite standard, mainly went through my resume and asked a few behavior question.

The test consists five parts, 1.OOP 2. Design Pattern, 3. Operating System 4. Brain Teasers 5. Finance
        Answer Question
    got the offer on Friday night and have to decide by the end of following Tuesday, really not much to negotiate. they have a specific standard.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Applied online as new graduate. Took about one month to process. Only one round on-site interview. The first part was a written test, second part was in person. Very easy interview, no tough questions. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. Very pleasant experience.

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Had two rounds in the corporate banking division of Citi. First interview was in person with a director and an analyst - was an equal combination of behavioural technical questions - "tell me about a time... walk me though the financial statements, etc. Second round was over telephone with an associate for the team I was interviewing for. Interview was all technical and was probably the toughest I had of the 9 banks I interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Cdn Firm has subsidiary in Africa and wants to go to US bond market to hedge risk. How will it do this?   View Answer

Financial Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Very pleasant, hopefully leads to full time work

Institutional Clients Group Rotational Analyst Interview

interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Applied online during campus recruitment. Received two rounds of interviews. Met with 2 MDs. Mix of technical and behavioural questions. You need to be well read on current market trends, etc. Being the right fit for them is very important. Less of an emphasis on the usual Investment Banking valuation, accounting questions.

Interview Questions
    Hard to negotiate as this give standardized salaries to all analysts in this program.

Technology Analyst Interview

Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Questions
    • The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

The interview process was very speedy. Contacted via e-mail to interview on-campus and received a phone call shortly after for an invitation to second rounds at the headquarters. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process and they have a nicely decorated office in a great location.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in September 2011.

Interview with hiring manager on technical and soft skills based on your previous experience.

No room for negotiation

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in April 2011.

First level was phone screening and then multiple personal rounds. Last round was with MD of the group which was also technical with question based on algorithm and problem solving. Interview were more inclined towards algorithm and generic CS concept but some of Java/J2EE concept were asked along with puzzles.

No negotiation

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Three round of interviews by bankers; the banker will send an Email and schedule for the time slot. I have already done two of the interviews, one by association, one by VP. The associate's interview was normal process including CV check, why Citi, Why IBD and competency questions (Example of team members have different opinions); also technical questions ( is it possible that a company has negative equity? why a company has positive EBITDA for 10 years and goes bankruptcy one day? What's the drawback of DCF? What will happen to three statements if depreciation increases 10?)

Interview Questions
    • is it possible that a company has negative equity?   View Answer