Citi

851 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Had two rounds in the corporate banking division of Citi. First interview was in person with a director and an analyst - was an equal combination of behavioural technical questions - "tell me about a time... walk me though the financial statements, etc. Second round was over telephone with an associate for the team I was interviewing for. Interview was all technical and was probably the toughest I had of the 9 banks I interviewed with.

Interview Question – Cdn Firm has subsidiary in Africa and wants to go to US bond market to hedge risk. How will it do this?   View Answer

Financial Sales Representative Interview

Financial Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Very pleasant, hopefully leads to full time work

Interview Question – Why i chose Citi?   View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Question – The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details The interview process was very speedy. Contacted via e-mail to interview on-campus and received a phone call shortly after for an invitation to second rounds at the headquarters. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process and they have a nicely decorated office in a great location.

Interview Question – Why Citi?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant
Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2011.

Interview Details Interview with hiring manager on technical and soft skills based on your previous experience.

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Assistant Vice-President
Mississauga, ON

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in April 2011.

Interview Details First level was phone screening and then multiple personal rounds. Last round was with MD of the group which was also technical with question based on algorithm and problem solving. Interview were more inclined towards algorithm and generic CS concept but some of Java/J2EE concept were asked along with puzzles.

Interview Question – Question based on pattern matching.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in September 2012.

Interview Details It was a beautiful, easy process. On Tuesday, the recruiter called & asked if I was still interested in working for Citi. (I was declined 6 months earlier.) I said yes. Then branch manager called literally 10 minutes later to schedule an interview for the next day, Wednesday. On Thursday, I was offered the job. And 2 weeks later, I was in orientation.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your previous job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy. They made an offer & I accepted.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Phone interview first. Then another interview with HR manager. After that I had an interview with other Assistants , they gave you a better understanding of the position and finally the interview with the top executive .

Negotiation Details – Fast

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Interview Details The interview was 3 or 4 interviews back to back, each one was 30 minutes. It wasnt that hard for me, but I have heard other people thought it was so brush up the fundamentals of whatever languages you know, maybe some algo questions too. Only one of the interviewers really "grilled" me, everything else was smooth sailing. But in regards to the one hard interviewer, I've heard of other people having him, he just tries to stump you. After that I had a phone interview about a month later which was straight text book questions (i.e. what is polymorphism, how can i extend multiple interfaces, How can i extend multiple classes (that one was a trick, confused me for a bit cuz he sounded sure it was possible) ).

Interview Question – I was how to detect if there is a loop in a singly linked list.
After I got that right he asked me if i was designing a system with something like 10 different random components (all of which were valid things that he named such as VOIP) how would I go about implementing it, what languages would I use?
  View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

Interview Details Applied online and immediately got called to schedule a phone interview which was with HR and was very formal. Following that was an interview with the hiring manager which was mainly situational questions.

Interview Question – Not too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!