Citi Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated 20 Jun, 2014

2.4

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Citi.

There was the initial computer test and questions asking about your experiences/background, then there was a group telephone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • Judging by your background and education, I see that you are over qualified for this position. Tell me how you would keep yourself from becoming bored with this position. This threw me, I had never heard it before   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in May 2014.

Applied online and within hours the recruiter called me. The recruiter set up a phone interview with me, however the actual site personnel that would do the interview had to reschedule for the next day. Other than that everything went well.

as-is

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Applied initially online, took an assessment test, was notified promptly that I passed and would be contacted by a recruiter. Next day recruiter contacted me, I missed the phone call, so I received an email from her, after following up with email, I contacted again was told information would be forwarded to local recruiters, and that was 2 days ago.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly Behavior Type Questions. Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

It was pretty easy. You had to go through two interviews, an extensive background check. The process was at least 2 weeks. I met with the HR rep first then after that, they called me back to speak with the hiring manager. She asked a couple of behavioral questions and then they ask why would you choose to work for them. Make sure you do research on the company before going for an interview. I had to do fingerprints on this FBI database.

Non-negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Received an email inviting me to do an over the phone interview. This lasted about 15 minutes. Was scheduled for an interview Friday at 5pm. Basic interview questions about how I would handle situations so on and so forth. Was told that I would hear back within 7-10 business days. It's now Monday and my interview was Friday night.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. Basic interview questions asked that I have been asked before in previous interviews. Basically "Tell me when..." questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

I first applied online, took and passed the assessment test. After I had to schedule a phone interview. It was set for Wednesday, October 2nd. The recruiter informed me briefly of the position and it's pay, told me of the schedules, and the training schedules. He then went on to ask about my work history and behavioral questions. The interview lasted a total of 20 minutes. He informed me that he was submitting my info to the local recruiters and u should hear back in 7-10 days. 2 hours later I got a call from a local recruiter to schedule my interview for the next day. Thursday came and my interview was at 12. I came late because it was difficult to find the location, of course I called before to inform them. I get there and wait to be called for my interview. The interviewer invited me in a room and asked me about my last 2 previous jobs and a series of questions based upon them- work ethic, behavioral questions, multitasking, adjusting to new things, etc. that interview lasted a good 45 minutes. Afterwards he told me to take a seat. I waited for 15 to 20 minutes, and was invited back into another room and was informed that they wanted to offer me the position. I was suppose to do a 2nd interview, but she was out for a luncheon. The man at the front desk did inform me that if you stay longer, you are more than likely to get the job..,just be confident and answer the questions well throughout.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

I applied online for a Customer Service Representative position. After I submitted my application, I checked my e-mail and I had received a invitation to schedule a phone interview. Two days later, I had the phone interview, which involved straight forward behavioral type questions. The interviewer asked about a time I had to learn a new computer program and how long did it take to learn, as well as describing a situation when I had used a couple of different programs at once and how did I manage it. I was also asked how I managed what was most important to the least important.
    Three days after the phone interview, I received a call to schedule an in person interview. I was told that they would be sending an e-mail with paperwork that needed to be filled out prior the interview. The paperwork took less than an hour to do, just general stuff concerning work history and various other pre-hire questions. The next day, I had the in- person interview, which took about 30 minutes. The first 15 minutes of the interview consisted of the interviewer telling me about the position, hours, and what was expected from employees within the company. The last 15 minutes of the interview consisted of situational type interview questions and of course answering the many questions I had. At the end, I was told that it could take 7-10 days to hear back about an offer. The interviewer said to be sure and watch my e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation when a boss wanted you to meet an unexpected outcome? How did you go about accomplishing this?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Easy to apply and within a couple of days I received a phone call and email informing me that I had passed the first part of the screening process. I set up an interview for the following day. Interview began a few minutes after scheduled time and the interview lasted about 20 minutes. Initially I was nervous speaking to the recruiter over the phone, but they were friendly and I was at ease. After the phone interview they informed me that I had passed the screening, and my resume would be moved on to the local hiring managers in my area for an in-person interview.

They informed me the starting salary for the position was $11... They told me they would do a background check on me and if I would see any problems with it... Asked if i had previous experience working for financial industry or a call center.

Questions asked:
    Why work for Citi?
    Why this position?
    Give an example of a previous experience with an upset customer, how did you get through it?
    Give an example of a computer program you had to work with that you had to learn.
    Give an example of using multiple computer programs at the same time.

Last three jobs and my responsibilities for each of them.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interviews are completely form driven. All open ended questions such as "Tell me about a time when you < >. Everyone has the same questions to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker, what caused it, what did you do about it and what was the end result.   View Answer
    They offered, I pointed out I had more experience, they came up a miniscule amount. HR is extremely limited in what they can offer. It's either this or that. There's no real negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi.

I spplied online, did a test, then the same dy an HR rep called and did a phone interview. She scheduled me for an onsite interview the very next day. Went in....along with about others. The interview was very short, he asked how Ive handled customer compalints or an unpleasant situation, what I like best about my previous jobs, why I want to work for CITI and what my best attributes are. I got hired about 2 mins later. VERY easy. This was for a call center and they needed people right away. The schedule was pretty terrible either 8am-430pm Saturday-Wednesday or 5am-330pm Sunday-Wednesday they had another shift for weekends and nights. No choice inthe matter, they just throw you into a group.

No negotiation

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!