Citi

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Capital Markets Origination Summer Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2011.

Interview Details First round was very stressful. Interviewed on campus by 2 interviewers at the same time. Grilled about not researching company (check up the quarterly reports as well as stock price!), about not understanding basic business/finance etc. Mostly behavioral, with one general case question. Made me stand up at a blackboard to explain (testing for composure). In all, thought I bombed it, then got a final round email.

Final round in NYC 1 week later, consisted of 6 20-minute interviews, all behavioral. One asked basic math, one had a short 10 minute case. Final round was much more about me asking them questions.

Interview Question – "Why did you not research this company thoroughly? Just trying to blow this off? Did you think that there were no other qualified candidates other than yourself you would come?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty non-negotiable due to size of firm and program.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Capital Markets Origination Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.