Citi

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Assistant Vice-President
Mississauga, ON

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in April 2011.

Interview Details First level was phone screening and then multiple personal rounds. Last round was with MD of the group which was also technical with question based on algorithm and problem solving. Interview were more inclined towards algorithm and generic CS concept but some of Java/J2EE concept were asked along with puzzles.

Interview Question – Question based on pattern matching.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in May 2014.

Interview Details Was reached out to by a recruiter, was interviewed by her initially, then had a phone interview with two people, then had a video conference interview with three people. The whole process went quite smoothly and they were very flexible and willing to work around the schedule of the position I held at the time.

Interview Question – None really, just questions about my technical background (somewhat technical role), no cases   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a bit and it worked, I had a few other recruiters coming after me so I had leverage

Assistant Vice President

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Got an interview after applying at the corporate career section. The interview was conducted by 2 managers from the group and HR manager. Got an offer within a week

Interview Question – Work experience with large amounts of data   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Back to back four interviews. Be prepared with examples on every bullet from your resume. Give me an example on dealing with a tough client. Walk me through the process on your project from initiation to closure.

Interview Question – none if you are well prepared   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – tough

Assistant Vice President

I applied through another source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in June 2009.

Interview Details I received my position internally - but the positions are posted online. Generally there is a screening process with an HR recruiter, then a first interview with two senior managers. The second interview would be with the site Phones Director, and potentially a third.

Interview Question – The interview process follows the STAR method: Situation/Task, Action, Result. For me, the most difficult question was about escalating risk / taking chances because in my current environment there is not a lot of risk taking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Internal offer, no negotiation.

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details I was interviewed by four members of my group, all seniors, VPs and above. When they called me to interview with the group head, i knew that most likely I'm close to getting the job. the interviews were not too difficult but the seniors can be a bit intimidating. You have to show them that you want the job and it's important to you for growth and experience.

Interview Question – the most unexpected question is "if you were hired, how long do you plan to be with our team". that basically stunned me but i was able to answer speaking about definitely seeing myself with the team for at least 5 years. The director smiled. she said "that's all i'll ask of you- a commitment of five years" and i got the offer and have been with the group for 8 yrs.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Citi contacted me about applying after they found my resume. I applied. 4 Interviews and I had an offer. They were very easy to work with.

Interview Question – They mostly just told me about the position and asked about previous work experience. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2011.

Interview Details Phone Interview. Face to face interview on premises with 3 managers. Acknowledgement form. Background release. Dishonesty questionnaire. Family business. Fingerprints. Letter of assurance. Drug consent form.

Interview Question – Because my skills are strong, the questions were designed to find out if I would fit in socially with the group.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in May 2010.

Interview Details I was brought in for 2 rounds of extensive interviews. Strangely, HR was not involved in the process whatsoever (from what I could tell). There was no formal schedule of interviewers - that part lacked organization - but they made a strong effort to see as many candidates 1-on-1 as possible. At least 4 interviews each round. Came away with a positive impression of the people there. Work culture seemed a bit intense, but that was expected. The negative part was a lack of communication after the interviews - I eventually did hear from them but I had to make several calls to get some answers. Despite some improvements that can be made to the process, my overall perception of the group was positive.

Interview Question – What do you enjoy doing in your time off?   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!