Citi Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 21 Aug, 2014
Updated 21 Aug, 2014

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

On campus recruiting with two rounds for the internship position. First round with HR and an Associate. Second round with VP and MD. Was invited to the office to meet more senior people before the job offer was made. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
  • Standard IB questions. Make sure you know the transactions they have done.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Hiring process: a) preliminary interview, 2) skills testing, 3) final interview. Recruiters were professional and courteous. I enjoyed speaking with them. Most questions were straight forward and directly related to performance of the position.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were expected -- emphasis on specific, detailed examples of experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Hired through the undergraduate internship recruitment program. Very streamlined process. Online application followed by numerical and verbal online tests (SHL) Two rounds with initial interview and then further interviews and case studies. Focus on fit and drive rather than technicals (makes sense since Citi has a good analyst training program).

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Was expecting more challenging questions. It took less than two hours. HR was friendly and people were nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Called in for personal interviews. Had three rounds and was pretty standard. whether good at excel, access.
        Answer Question

Analyst Interview

applied online through school.
    First interview was over the phone. All resume based questions mainly

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2014.

Phone interview followed by office interview

phone interview behavioral
    super day with three interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in December 2013.

1 round of written interview consisting of quants and 2 case studies
    one of them was a business plan the other a guestimation
    this was followed by 3 rounds of exhaustive interviews
    1st and 2nd round were conducted by 1 person while the last round was in front of the entire team.
    the questions included technical,puzzles,quants to simple chitchat topics like favourite band and why!
    there were no separate hr or technical rounds as such because all sorts of questions were asked in each round

Interview Questions
    • do you feel confident that we shall select you? if so why?   Answer Question
    they had previously given us the salary structure,did not have the option of negotiating and neways they pay a lot

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

Jobs posted on Citi website. Apply for postings. Depending on the need or if you know someone, it may be weeks before HR calls you if both they and the hiring manager would like you to be interviewed. Depening on department, interviews could involve multiple people or multiple visits. It may take weeks after the interview to hear back from HR--even if you send follow up emails. After an offer is excepted, it takes a few more weeks to get pre-employment work done and then another few weeks to get all system access that is required.

Interview Questions
    • What do you hope to gain from Citi if you were to be offered a position?   Answer Question
    It took some time to negotiate and it has to go through a few levels of management as it is budget-related. Unless you have valid reasons to request an increase it will be denied. THey usually only counter offer about $2K more than original with reason.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in October 2013.

I initially found the job posting through my campus career center and submitted a cover letter and resume in early September of my senior year. An alumnus of my college who works at Citi Private Bank came in to the career center in early October and interviewed a few of the applicants, including myself. We didn't get any feedback from the college or Citi until a week after the initial interview when four of us were invited to New York for the final round, which took place two weeks later on a Friday. The following Monday, the HR department got back to us with their decisions.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a client who ran a company that makes shoelaces and who doesn't know about anything except the shoelace business (i.e. he knows nothing about personal investments), how would you recommend he invest his money and why?   View Answer
    • If you were to get this job and then look back in five or ten years, why wouldn't you think it was a waste of your time?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They make a standard offer to all of their first-year analysts and it is very much a take-it-or-leave-it situation.