Cisco Systems

Updated 2 Mar, 2015

2.9

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2015.

Easy, interviewer very friendly, no hard questions. They told me I was successful and they will get in touch to arrange a formal face-to-face interview, after a month they emailed me saying I was unsuccessful... ridiculous

Interview Questions
    • What tech related interests do I have outside of work   View Answer

International Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2015.

Applied through university. Heard back from CISCO after a month and had a face to face interview in university. The interview was pleasant and the questions were generic (the interviewers were trying to explore your personalities). Pass the first interview, currently waiting for the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basic competency and motivational questions : Why do you want to work for CISCO? Why are you applying for this position? What is your interest? What keeps you going to pursue your career aspiration? How do you see your achievement in CISCO will help contribute to the society?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

onsite interview with 6 senior engineers, 2 at a time. Onsite for upto 6 hours. Questions ranged from networking technology to problem solving with algorithms.
    interviewers were very pleasant experienced bunch, asked difficult questions but not aggressive.

need to negotiate agressively.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2014.

I just finish with my first interview, Cisco has changed the way of interview through the third part (Randstad Sourcing), so these people try to help you to get as high as score that possible, then they'll pass it to Cisco if you pass the first round.
    Questions was easy and straightforward, More about personal effectiveness at work, so make sure that you have example of teamwork in your mind and prepare for questions.
    Technical:
    What is Cloud
    What is Networking
    Non Technical
    What is Cisco
    Why Cisco must hire you

Interview Questions
    • Hoe to persuade someone in group to get better result, ( You shouldn't mix it with leadership or managerial role, they after a specific situation to put your answer down).   View Answer

Technology Transformation Consultant/Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2014.

Shambolic - outsourced offshore with little communication and forced short timescales to the point of being rude. I got a chase up for a requested interview time less than 2 hours after it was sent to me.

Anja Langer, who leads the EMEAR Cisco Consulting Services (CCS) practice, was part of the panel but left numerous times to take phone calls (lucky if she was there 50% of the time) - very unprofessional. Very little in the way of a vision as to how they will build out a vibrant practice - basically just sell more transformation engagements.

They have a desire to deliver transformation, but really are tied quite closely to the hardware.

After 5 interviews I only met 1 physical person. 4 interviews were over the phone and I still had questions as to what their vision was at the 5th interview.

Interview Questions
    • Contrived case study. More tellingly, the case study did NOT draw out aspects of transformational approach unless you forced them in there...   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

After simple talk with recruiter (no technical questions), I was given a not attented coding test to do. Then interview with 6 people - mostly technical, without any particularly difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    I've accepted the offer which they made, without further negotations.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

About eight interviews face to face and a few over the phone. Generally friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What is your personal career goal and how do you think this job will assist you?   Answer Question

Graduate Associate Systems Engineer Uk ( London) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

The telephone is very much competence question ans 1 or two so called technical ( but i called general knowledge).
    The question were simply
    1.What do you know about Cisco, Product and services
    2.Give me a time etc... about three question.
    3.What is a cloud computing? I guess everyone would be able to answere this one
    4.Why should we hire you? This one was very direct but you will need to be prepared
    5.Give me in one sentence why you are applying to this role?

Jus remember that Every answer is marked out of 5 ( 1 very poor and 5 very good), You will definitely whether you have gone through by the end of the interview.
    The botom line is that you should all be ready and familiarize yourself with Cisco as a whole otherwise yo are burst.

Hope this will help

Interview Questions
    • Give me in one sentence why you are applying to this role   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2012.

Met Cisco recruiters at a Careers Fair at my university. Got a call for a phone interview.
    Passed the first interview, which was mostly about my CV, myself, and my skills, there is a face to face interview to get through and get the actual internship. More technical questions are asked here, in addition to information on your CV (again); get informed about their latest technologies and general basic information. People at Cisco are very professional and nice, so make sure to be up to their standards.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between a router and a modem, what does a router do and how it works, iCloud questions, TelePresence...latest technologies basically. My interview was held in June 2012
      Most difficult Question: Have you ever thought about a new technology to develop?

Answer Question

CSAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2012.

Fantastic process to really find if you will fit into the company culture!

Interview Questions
    • What's your view on today's Internet and if you could change it what would you change   Answer Question