Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr, 2015
Updated 14 Apr, 2015
1,347 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I got a phone interview two days after submitted my CV online. 40 mins all on basic data structures. On-site interview lasts 2 hours with three different groups. Still on data structures, no logic and creative problems. The working place is not as good as i expected. people are coming late, and looks exhausted even in the morning

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems (Toronto, ON) in February 2015.

Interview

There are 3 rounds interviews, the first one was a 30 minutes interview on WebEx. My inervier asked some behavioural questions as well as technical questions. He also asked me how would I sell a smart phone to a customer that has never used one. I prepared very well foru interview and tried to practise ahead of time.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Ottawa, ON).

Interview

I applied through Cisco job fair and got an over phone interview after one week. The question were all in C programming. The guy asked me to do some bit operations. Count the number of 1's in an integer. Count the number of 0's.
    Assuming that we have a sorted array with some duplicated number, print the numbers only once in an efficient way.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Ottawa, ON) in December 2014.

Interview

They invited for in-site interview. There a person responsible for technical questions and the manager was also there and was listening to my answers while working with his laptop. Lots of technical questions about java and networking. How the Internet works. How you can write a linked list and so on.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very thorough and difficult interview process, but a great experience. It was divided into 3 stages, in order: Resume Submission, Skype Interview, 2 Min Video, and then a day at their Assessment Center. The process was very professional and timely in terms of receiving news regarding the next stage of the interviews. The people that I interacted with at Cisco throughout the process were fabulous!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First round was not bad. Only a single tech lead was there asking basic C programming questions. Second round was bot of long and painful. 3 1+ hours sessions with 2 guys with some of them being the hiring manager. Technical questions and soft skill questions alternating. Some of the questions could be tricky such as recursive C functions.

Overall you can see they are looking for good C programmer which can do their work.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolved conflicts when you and your peer doesn't agree on the technical solution?   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Ottawa, ON).

Interview

Applied online and received emails to confirm phone calls. Several phone/ Webex interviews. Interviews were all technical on C programming, especially arrays, pointers, IP networking basics and operating systems concepts such as threads, process, and memory management. May ask you to write a C/C++ code or just explain your approach. Naturally, second and third interviews became more difficult and more focused.

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to pointers and algorithms related or data structures formed by pointers. Sorting, merging, searching,...   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2014.

Interview

Through campus job fair. Got a call in a week. Interview was on C and networking skills. Some debugging questions and write a program. Then questions on projects. Skills on MPLS and OSPF.

Interview Questions

• Average questions on circular buffer, structures and pointers   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2014.

Interview

A campus interview. First interview yourself, Second talk about your past project. Then all about technical questions about operating system, memory management, and a coding problem regarding linked list. Plus, there is a question about mutex. Another question is how does two processes communicate with each other. How to solve multiple thread work.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

(1) Interview on WebEx. They asked about your work history and how you handled different types of situations. Why do you want to work with Cisco? Why are you interested in sales.