Cisco Systems

Updated 19 Nov, 2014
Updated 19 Nov, 2014
1,183 Interview Reviews

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Very thorough and difficult interview process, but a great experience. It was divided into 3 stages, in order: Resume Submission, Skype Interview, 2 Min Video, and then a day at their Assessment Center. The process was very professional and timely in terms of receiving news regarding the next stage of the interviews. The people that I interacted with at Cisco throughout the process were fabulous!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

First round was not bad. Only a single tech lead was there asking basic C programming questions. Second round was bot of long and painful. 3 1+ hours sessions with 2 guys with some of them being the hiring manager. Technical questions and soft skill questions alternating. Some of the questions could be tricky such as recursive C functions.

Overall you can see they are looking for good C programmer which can do their work.

Interview Questions
    • How do you resolved conflicts when you and your peer doesn't agree on the technical solution?   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Applied online and received emails to confirm phone calls. Several phone/ Webex interviews. Interviews were all technical on C programming, especially arrays, pointers, IP networking basics and operating systems concepts such as threads, process, and memory management. May ask you to write a C/C++ code or just explain your approach. Naturally, second and third interviews became more difficult and more focused.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly related to pointers and algorithms related or data structures formed by pointers. Sorting, merging, searching,...   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2014.

Through campus job fair. Got a call in a week. Interview was on C and networking skills. Some debugging questions and write a program. Then questions on projects. Skills on MPLS and OSPF.

Interview Questions
    • Average questions on circular buffer, structures and pointers   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2014.

A campus interview. First interview yourself, Second talk about your past project. Then all about technical questions about operating system, memory management, and a coding problem regarding linked list. Plus, there is a question about mutex. Another question is how does two processes communicate with each other. How to solve multiple thread work.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

(1) Interview on WebEx. They asked about your work history and how you handled different types of situations. Why do you want to work with Cisco? Why are you interested in sales.

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

straightforward. this is my first time interacting with Cisco people, found very professional and acting swiftly

Software Engineer Interview

There was no technical question. The interview was very simple. There was only one interview. It was a phone interview. I was asked for reference, I provided 2 references and after 2 hours I got the offer. It took more time till get the paper work and sign the offer.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2014.

I was brought in for an interview through my school's campus recruiting. The recruiter asked several questions of me (about 10) including two programming questions about singly-linked lists. The programming questions were fairly straight-forward (e.g. remove an element from the list). There were a couple technical theory questions as well; for example, "What are the differences between processes and threads?" or "Why do we use threads?" The remaining questions were related to my work history, what kind of person I am, et cetera.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any big surprises here. If you're applying for this job, you probably have a CS degree of some sort under your belt, and unless you've been practically sleeping through your classes throughout your degree it shouldn't be difficult to answer most/all of these questions fully and intelligently.   Answer Question

Wasn't prepared to move to Ottawa.

Software Engineer Interview